Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #1711
Goseethemouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
If Hilton cannot help then take the resort bus to Disney Hollywood Studio and while the family goes into the park you could walk or take the boat to the Dolphin hotel and pick up an Alamo rental car. I was going to do this on a recent split visit between Art of Animation and Bonnet Creek. However, it turned out to be cheaper to rent a full week at Dollar Car rental at the airport as opposed to 4 days at Alamo rate at the Dolphin hotel.
Thanks - we have done it like that on a prior visit but it does take quite a while and as I am travelling alone with the kids it would mean losing about half a day for all of us.

It might come to that but if the Hilton is close enough to walk it might be easiest - I will have to take a look at the rates.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #1712
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Here's a strange question. Does WBC have the same smelly Disney Water as the WDW resorts do? That stuff is nasTEE. Since WBC isn't on Disney Property, I suspect it has a chance.

Stupid Judy.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #1713
ibob52
Original Mickey Mouse Club ... Mouseketeer

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi3804 View Post
Here's a strange question. Does WBC have the same smelly Disney Water as the WDW resorts do? That stuff is nasTEE. Since WBC isn't on Disney Property, I suspect it has a chance.

WBC tap water is drinkable ... sans smell

*!*! Disney is my Happy ~ Place !*!*

*please excuse me if I miss the point*
Old 06-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #1714
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob52 View Post
WBC tap water is drinkable ... sans smell
You mean it's missing that sulfur smell? That's awesome! I assumed it was municipal water so everything in the surrounding area would smell the same. Does Disney have their own water treatment plant and water supply system? If so, then they need help LOL.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Old 06-17-2013, 12:19 AM   #1715
mikey20
Earning My Ears

Are pack and play cribs available? Can I ask for one to be in our room ahead of time?

Michelle
Jay (Husband)
McKenna (4)
Kelti (1.5)
Old 06-17-2013, 12:20 AM   #1716
mikey20
Earning My Ears

Any good takeout near hotel? Or restaurants very very close?

Michelle
Jay (Husband)
McKenna (4)
Kelti (1.5)
Old 06-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #1717
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goseethemouse View Post
I will check that out. Definitely don't want to rent from the airport on arrival as we are flying from overseas and after the long flight (and with two exhausted kids) I would much rather use Magical Express!

However, the Hilton Bonnet Creek does seem to have a Hertz rental car desk on property. Seems noone here has used it before? We could probably save 6 days of car rental fees and if we could walk there for picking it up we would only have to pay for the cab ride from CBR to WBC which I assume wouldn't be bad...
I don't know if you have ever priced Hertz.....they are usually the most expensive company. They cater to business travelers, so in other words people that are expensing the rental to their company and don't care what it costs.

Whatever you do....good luck. Hope it all works out for you and have a great vacay.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:24 AM   #1718
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

In deed there is a Hertz location at the Hilton. I just priced it(picked September)...it's $58/day plus tax for a compact car.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:51 AM   #1719
Goseethemouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin Disney style View Post
I don't know if you have ever priced Hertz.....they are usually the most expensive company. They cater to business travelers, so in other words people that are expensing the rental to their company and don't care what it costs.

Whatever you do....good luck. Hope it all works out for you and have a great vacay.
Hmm, I didn't realize that. Still it might be worth it for us as we are staying at the Royal Pacific at Universal later and they have a Hertz station where I could drop off the car. So the convenience and saving time and possible transfer fees might be worth it. I will definitely have to compare some prices though...
Old 06-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #1720
Mikscrap
Earning My Ears

We just returned from an 8 night stay at WBC in Tower 2 on the 9th floor. Room was renovated but had a 1 bedroom with view of the parking lot. We have stayed at many other Disney hotels on past trips and WBC was by far the best we have stayed in. We booked through Vacation Strategies and were a little worried that all we had from VS was an email receipt telling us to show drivers license at check in. I called WBC a week before we left and found a reservation under our last name so then the worry went away. WBC provided laundry powder in our room. The washer/dryer were small top loading stackables. They were quiet and worked great. We had to ask for more laundry soap while there and had no trouble getting it from the front desk. Pools were nice and never really crowded. Never had time for the kids club activities. Ate one night at the pizza restaurant and it was good. Also had no hassle at check-in. Husband checked in and kids and I stayed in the car. He was never asked about attending any meeting. We left our phone plugged in too and the only message we got was about construction beginning on a pool in another tower. We will be back to Bonnet Creek. Very easy, convenient and clean. Thanks to this board for bringing it to my attention. I would have never known about this place without this board.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #1721
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goseethemouse View Post
I will check that out. Definitely don't want to rent from the airport on arrival as we are flying from overseas and after the long flight (and with two exhausted kids) I would much rather use Magical Express!

However, the Hilton Bonnet Creek does seem to have a Hertz rental car desk on property. Seems noone here has used it before? We could probably save 6 days of car rental fees and if we could walk there for picking it up we would only have to pay for the cab ride from CBR to WBC which I assume wouldn't be bad...
I'd seriously suggest pricing the car from the airport for your entire trip, just to see what the cost is. You'll have more choices at the airport and it could potentially be a lot quicker/easier to pick the car up there then have to locate a rental desk nearby. The price from the airport could also end up being a better deal when you figure the savings you'd get from taking the cab when resort hopping.

As for the advantages of Magic Express for your arrival onsite, there is no reason you can't still use it. You can still have Magic Express handle your bags and deliver them to the resort even if you don't ride the bus to the park.
You could also send one parent with the kids on the Disney bus, while the other goes to pick up the car and then meet at the resort. Even if the car stays parked at the Disney hotel the entire time you are there, Disney doesn't charge for parking at the hotel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey20 View Post
Are pack and play cribs available? Can I ask for one to be in our room ahead of time?
I dont entirely know if they are available or not. I think i've seen reports that they have a few available that can be requested. As for having it already in your room, I highly doubt it. Too many reports of musical room assignments at checkin for them to e setting things up pre arrival in rooms for guests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikscrap View Post
We just returned from an 8 night stay at WBC in Tower 2 on the 9th floor. Room was renovated but had a 1 bedroom with view of the parking lot. We have stayed at many other Disney hotels on past trips and WBC was by far the best we have stayed in. We booked through Vacation Strategies and were a little worried that all we had from VS was an email receipt telling us to show drivers license at check in. I called WBC a week before we left and found a reservation under our last name so then the worry went away. WBC provided laundry powder in our room. The washer/dryer were small top loading stackables. They were quiet and worked great. We had to ask for more laundry soap while there and had no trouble getting it from the front desk. Pools were nice and never really crowded. Never had time for the kids club activities. Ate one night at the pizza restaurant and it was good. Also had no hassle at check-in. Husband checked in and kids and I stayed in the car. He was never asked about attending any meeting. We left our phone plugged in too and the only message we got was about construction beginning on a pool in another tower. We will be back to Bonnet Creek. Very easy, convenient and clean. Thanks to this board for bringing it to my attention. I would have never known about this place without this board.
If you don't mind my asking, what kind of pool construction? I'm curious to know whats planned. I know they did a big refurb of the main pool last year
Old 06-17-2013, 02:52 PM   #1722
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post

As for the advantages of Magic Express for your arrival onsite, there is no reason you can't still use it. You can still have Magic Express handle your bags and deliver them to the resort even if you don't ride the bus to the park.
You could also send one parent with the kids on the Disney bus, while the other goes to pick up the car and then meet at the resort.

I would not want to argue with TooTall, but DVC has told me that they will not handle the luggage on ME if I don't go on the bus.

Old 06-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #1723
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbarry View Post
I would not want to argue with TooTall, but DVC has told me that they will not handle the luggage on ME if I don't go on the bus.
Really? interesting. I'll happily defer to those with more recent first hand experience. I thought I'd read about other people doing the 'Drive and let ME handle the bags" trick in other DIS posts, but I don't remember how long ago that was or any other details about it. It might also be worth asking on the transportation forum as the people there are very well informed about all things transportation related.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:45 PM   #1724
Goseethemouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
I'd seriously suggest pricing the car from the airport for your entire trip, just to see what the cost is. You'll have more choices at the airport and it could potentially be a lot quicker/easier to pick the car up there then have to locate a rental desk nearby. The price from the airport could also end up being a better deal when you figure the savings you'd get from taking the cab when resort hopping.

You could also send one parent with the kids on the Disney bus, while the other goes to pick up the car and then meet at the resort. Even if the car stays parked at the Disney hotel the entire time you are there, Disney doesn't charge for parking at the hotel.

Thanks so much for your help. I do appreciate it. However, I will be traveling alone with my two kids and after a 12 hour flight I just can't handle renting a car (I don't have a car at home and rarely drive so it is a bit stressful at the best of times).

I know we won't need a car at Disney and I think we can make do with the shuttle for the first half of our stay at Bonnet Creek. I do think we will save quite a bit of money that way (7 days rental fee, parking fees at the parks, gas) even though we will have some extra expenses (cab ride from CBR to Bonnet Creek, grocery delivery, shuttle fees).

I might still check prices at the airport but really don't think this will work for us (though I do believe it would be the best option for most guests).
Old 06-17-2013, 05:32 PM   #1725
Spanky
DIS Veteran

TooTall - last November I did a split stay with AofA & WBC. I was told by Disney that when you turn in your voucher to get on the ME buss is what triggers Disney pulling your luggage. If no one gets on the bus then Disney leaves your luggage at the airport - even though it has the Disney tags on it. I ended up just renting a car for the entire week at the airport and did not use ME. It was cheaper than picking one up during the week on property for just a few days.
Closed Thread