Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #1696
Fundytrail
Our 1988 Ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRFillion View Post
Just booked Jan 13- 23 through Vacation Strategy. 2 bedroom deluxe for $1196 for 10 nights. I hope that is a decent price. I am so excited

Is there a post somewhere that says what is provided in the suites and what we should bring / buy? for example, does it have garbage bags, dish towels..etc...
Great price! Our price, $2198 for a two bedroom for 14 nights in April.

The time of year makes a major difference!

Last edited by Fundytrail; 06-11-2013 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Time of year comment added.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #1697
kerplop
Duck, duck, duck, duck GOOSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRFillion View Post
Just booked Jan 13- 23 through Vacation Strategy. 2 bedroom deluxe for $1196 for 10 nights. I hope that is a decent price. I am so excited

Is there a post somewhere that says what is provided in the suites and what we should bring / buy? for example, does it have garbage bags, dish towels..etc...
We're doing 14 nights in a 2 bedroom deluxe in December for about $1250 so that sounds right to me! It worked out to about $89 a night, which is unbeatable.

Also I think I read that they give you enough TP and paper towels and stuff for a little bit, that you'll probably need to bring more. We're planning on a grocery stop after we get there.
Nov/Dec 2012 - Pop Century
Nov/Dec 2014 - Off-site
October 2015 - DL
Disneyland Vet (2-3 times a year 1979-2000)!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #1698
Spanky
DIS Veteran

Just go to page one of this blog and you will find detailed information about layout, kitchen utensils, what is provided, etc.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:50 AM   #1699
Momma2PrinceNPrinces
DIS Veteran

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but what type of laundry detergent can you use in their machines? Powder? Liquid? Or should I just bring pods?

WDW '81, '90, '98,'02, '06 (US day trip after Carnival Cruise),'11 ,'13, '14, MAYBE '15 (US/IOA)
Old 06-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #1700
CTdaizy
disney dreamin

The washers and dryers are the standard apartment sized stackable ones. Any soap will do- we use the little Tide liquid single
packs, and use only about 1/2. And we bring our own dryer sheets.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:12 PM   #1701
suffieldhockeymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2PrinceNPrinces View Post
Sorry if this has been mentioned, but what type of laundry detergent can you use in their machines? Powder? Liquid? Or should I just bring pods?
I bring the sheets and cut them in half. Pods work too
Old 06-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #1702
cinderellamom123
Mouseketeer

So we booked a 2 BR deluxe for two weeks at the beginning of August. I just found out that for our second week that we can get to stay in a 3 BR presidential reserve for the same cost. We will need to move during our stay but I jumped at the opportunity as we had taken a time share tour our last trip and the kids were in awe of the presidential suite they toured (although that was a 4 BR)

Anyway, I was wondering if there were any other perks to staying in the presidential, and secondly (stupid question, I know) but are the coffee pots in the presidential standard coffee pots, I would love if they had keurigs.

Thanks for any information you can provide.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:23 AM   #1703
Goseethemouse
Mouseketeer

Just booked a week at WBC - so excited. I do have a couple of transportation questions though. Sorry if they have been asked before but this thread is sooo long I just can't find it (and the terms are too generic for a good search):

We might rent a car while we are there. I don't think there is a car rental place at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, is there? There seems to be one at the Hilton Bonnet Creek? Would it be possible to walk there to pick up a car?

If we decide against a car: what would be the best way to get to the water parks? I know the shuttle just runs to the main parks, right? Is there Disney transportation between there and the water parks?

Thanks so much for any help with this!
Old 06-16-2013, 08:32 AM   #1704
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goseethemouse View Post
Just booked a week at WBC - so excited. I do have a couple of transportation questions though. Sorry if they have been asked before but this thread is sooo long I just can't find it (and the terms are too generic for a good search):

We might rent a car while we are there. I don't think there is a car rental place at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, is there? There seems to be one at the Hilton Bonnet Creek? Would it be possible to walk there to pick up a car?

If we decide against a car: what would be the best way to get to the water parks? I know the shuttle just runs to the main parks, right? Is there Disney transportation between there and the water parks?

Your best option is to rent a car from the airport. It will cost you at least $60+ tip from the airport to WBC in a taxi and then same back to the airport. If you go with a limo service it will cost you about $150 RT. You can easily rent a car for a week for a similar amount of money.

Yes you can walk over to the Hilton from WBC but I've stayed at the Hilton and to my knowledge there is no car rental there.

I couldn't imagine staying at WBC without a car. There is nothing that you can walk to other than the Hilton and Waldorf.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:37 AM   #1705
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yes, buses run to the water parks. I think you'd have to PAY for the Wyndham bus, and then get out at its destination, and then take a Disney bus. Pretty long trip for Typhoon Lagoon, which is basically around the corner from Bonnet Creek. But there is no way to walk there.
I agree with the poster above; if you have to pay for transportation from the airport to BC, you might as well rent a car there, as the transport just one way will cost you the same as at least 2 days car rental.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:10 AM   #1706
Goseethemouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbarry View Post
Yes, buses run to the water parks. I think you'd have to PAY for the Wyndham bus, and then get out at its destination, and then take a Disney bus. Pretty long trip for Typhoon Lagoon, which is basically around the corner from Bonnet Creek. But there is no way to walk there.
I agree with the poster above; if you have to pay for transportation from the airport to BC, you might as well rent a car there, as the transport just one way will cost you the same as at least 2 days car rental.
Sorry, I forgot to mention. We are staying four nights at CBR first and will use Magical Express to get there. So I was planning on taking a short cab ride from CBR to Bonnet Creek.

We will be renting a car but maybe not for the entire stay as we usually do pretty well with buses etc. so just wondered what would be the best option for getting a rental car once we are at Bonnet Creek. Alternatively, we could pick the car up at Disney but I would rather not take time out during our short onsite stay to do so.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:54 AM   #1707
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Quote:
Sorry, I forgot to mention. We are staying four nights at CBR first and will use Magical Express to get there. So I was planning on taking a short cab ride from CBR to Bonnet Creek.

We will be renting a car but maybe not for the entire stay as we usually do pretty well with buses etc. so just wondered what would be the best option for getting a rental car once we are at Bonnet Creek. Alternatively, we could pick the car up at Disney but I would rather not take time out during our short onsite stay to do so.
You can rent a car from the CCC, Swan/Dolphin, Buena Vista Palace or the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista. These are the only onsite places. Your best bet would be to take a cab to one of these locations (I would suggest the DTD hotels), pick up a car and drive to WBC. Should only take an hour to do this.

It could still end up less expensive to rent from the airport when you arrive. So don't count that out.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:04 AM   #1708
Goseethemouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin Disney style View Post
You can rent a car from the CCC, Swan/Dolphin, Buena Vista Palace or the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista. These are the only onsite places. Your best bet would be to take a cab to one of these locations (I would suggest the DTD hotels), pick up a car and drive to WBC. Should only take an hour to do this.

It could still end up less expensive to rent from the airport when you arrive. So don't count that out.
I will check that out. Definitely don't want to rent from the airport on arrival as we are flying from overseas and after the long flight (and with two exhausted kids) I would much rather use Magical Express!

However, the Hilton Bonnet Creek does seem to have a Hertz rental car desk on property. Seems noone here has used it before? We could probably save 6 days of car rental fees and if we could walk there for picking it up we would only have to pay for the cab ride from CBR to WBC which I assume wouldn't be bad...
Old 06-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #1709
Spanky
DIS Veteran

If Hilton cannot help then take the resort bus to Disney Hollywood Studio and while the family goes into the park you could walk or take the boat to the Dolphin hotel and pick up an Alamo rental car. I was going to do this on a recent split visit between Art of Animation and Bonnet Creek. However, it turned out to be cheaper to rent a full week at Dollar Car rental at the airport as opposed to 4 days at Alamo rate at the Dolphin hotel.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #1710
CTdaizy
disney dreamin

You could also try Enterprise. They have a location at the Royal Plaza Hotel on hotel plaza drive. They will come and pick you up, take you back to their office (3 miles) fill out paperwork and then you are on your way. This would be good instead of walking too far or taking bus after bus!