Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #1681
mmkrush
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTdaizy View Post
Does anyone have any experience checking in really late there? Our flight doesn't get in until 10:50 and we have to get our bags and our rental car so we'll be in super late.

We have checked in super late before- flight was delayed 3 hours, got to MCO after midnight- car rental line took over an hour, finally got to WBC before 2am. Good news about being there late is the lobby is quiet. Check-in was pretty quick, and desk agent was able to give us the parking pass, instead of visiting the other desk where they want to get you signed up for a tour and sales presentation. Bad news is that the room we were given had the worst view we have ever had- there were no other options for rooms. And the parking lot was full so we had to park pretty far away. You will be fine, and if for some reason your flight is delayed, call WBC and let them know you are still coming. We did this so they knew we would be there at some point, and to not give our room away!
We're from CT too and will be at WBC July 13 - 20. It's our first time staying off property and we're a bit apprehensive about it. The good reviews on this site are keeping me sane and I'm trying to keep my DW off this site so she only hears the good news from me and nothing negative. Not related to WBC but did you buy your park tickets at AAA? I was told that they're cheaper there than at the park plus you can get a AAA parking pass that puts you right behind the handicapped spots. If you've used this parking pass before, can you let me know how it's worked out for you? Thanks.
mmkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #1682
Chelley00
DIS Veteran
 
Chelley00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,888

Quote:
Originally Posted by manhattanman View Post
On the pirate slide it's so shallow it's not necessary but we did not see lifeguards anywhere else. A lot of hotels it's swim at your own risk.
There was a lifeguard at the pirate slide telling kids when they could go up when we were there in October.
__________________
Chelley00 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #1683
suffieldhockeymom
DIS Veteran
 
suffieldhockeymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Suffield CT
Posts: 887

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkrush View Post
We're from CT too and will be at WBC July 13 - 20. It's our first time staying off property and we're a bit apprehensive about it. The good reviews on this site are keeping me sane and I'm trying to keep my DW off this site so she only hears the good news from me and nothing negative. Not related to WBC but did you buy your park tickets at AAA? I was told that they're cheaper there than at the park plus you can get a AAA parking pass that puts you right behind the handicapped spots. If you've used this parking pass before, can you let me know how it's worked out for you? Thanks.
I will be arriving right after you (7/23-30)! I bought my tickets from Florida Ticket Station and saved about $80 each on 8 day tickets with an AMEX code. Under Cover Tourist is another option. Sign up for their weekly email and they send discount ticket codes. I've heard that if you buy a 5 day ticket and add days after your first use you can save the most.

AAA tickets aren't much of a deal. You don't get the parking pass unless you purchase the whole package with tickets and WDW lodging.
__________________
POR 2014 pre-cruise DCL Western 2014 8 Magical Nights on the Magic 7/28/12- 8/5/12 WDW 2013 10 Wonderful days 7/22-31
suffieldhockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #1684
MoukyMouse
Mouseketeer
 
MoukyMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: York, PA
Posts: 111

Just returned home from my family's first stay at Bonnet Creek! Just popped over to say that we too now LOVE Bonnet Creek! My DH bought ownership points sight-unseen so he was a bit nervous until we arrived, now he's ecstatic and so happy to have joined.
__________________
MoukyMouse
MoukyMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:20 PM   #1685
carlbarry
DIS Veteran
 
carlbarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: On Long Island, New York.
Posts: 1,404

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoukyMouse View Post
Just returned home from my family's first stay at Bonnet Creek! Just popped over to say that we too now LOVE Bonnet Creek! My DH bought ownership points sight-unseen so he was a bit nervous until we arrived, now he's ecstatic and so happy to have joined.
A little friendly advice: rescind while you can, and look on ebay.
For example: there is a 838K buy it now, overpriced at $4,500 with no closing costs. There is a 166K up for bids, top bid is now $1009. Completed auctions show a June 6 sale of 154K for $650, and same day 168K for $99. And if that's not big enough, one million 1 thousand points sold for $3,150 a few days ago.
WHOOPS. I read the post quickly, as I was rushing to see a Paul McCartney concert. Now that I re-read it, I see you probably bought the TS before going to Bonnet Creek, so you probably bought resale.
__________________


Last edited by carlbarry; 06-11-2013 at 09:20 AM. Reason: correction
carlbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #1686
chekhovgirl
Mouseketeer
 
chekhovgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 414

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffieldhockeymom View Post
I will be arriving right after you (7/23-30)! I bought my tickets from Florida Ticket Station and saved about $80 each on 8 day tickets with an AMEX code. Under Cover Tourist is another option. Sign up for their weekly email and they send discount ticket codes. I've heard that if you buy a 5 day ticket and add days after your first use you can save the most.

AAA tickets aren't much of a deal. You don't get the parking pass unless you purchase the whole package with tickets and WDW lodging.
What was the Amex code you used? Is it for use by all Amex holders?
__________________


chekhovgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:09 PM   #1687
pcstang
Mouseketeer
 
pcstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootMom View Post
Hi all, I have just started looking into BC for the first time as we usually stay on site. I emailed Vacation Strategy to get a price quote for a 4 bedroom presidential suite for next April. I was pleasantly surprised with the price and am wondering if this sounds right? They quoted me 8 nights at $1798. Great price for a 4 bedroom during easter week or is there more too it?
Same price we have right now for our stay. Although, Farrell was the only one with availability and at that price. VU said they had no availability but if they did it would be $2700. Farrell was great to work with.
pcstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:01 AM   #1688
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran
 
suemom2kay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 1,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffieldhockeymom View Post
I will be arriving right after you (7/23-30)! I bought my tickets from Florida Ticket Station and saved about $80 each on 8 day tickets with an AMEX code. Under Cover Tourist is another option. Sign up for their weekly email and they send discount ticket codes. I've heard that if you buy a 5 day ticket and add days after your first use you can save the most.

AAA tickets aren't much of a deal. You don't get the parking pass unless you purchase the whole package with tickets and WDW lodging.
This is not entirely true. AAA tickets are a few dollars more than Undercover Tourist (UT). Some AAA offices (like my local AAA) only require you to buy a single ticket to get the pass. I buy one ticket a year from AAA for the pass. My other tickets I purchase through UT.
__________________
Me DH DD AKV - Kidani 01/15 ~ BWV 05/14 ~ BCV/AKV 05/13 ~ VWL 05/12 ~ BWV/BCV 09/11 ~ BCV 09/10 ~ BWV 05/09 ~ OKW 06/08 ~ CBR 03/08 ~ AS Sports 04/06

suemom2kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #1689
suffieldhockeymom
DIS Veteran
 
suffieldhockeymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Suffield CT
Posts: 887

Quote:
Originally Posted by suemom2kay View Post
This is not entirely true. AAA tickets are a few dollars more than Undercover Tourist (UT). Some AAA offices (like my local AAA) only require you to buy a single ticket to get the pass. I buy one ticket a year from AAA for the pass. My other tickets I purchase through UT.
There must be regional pricing and perk rules then. I met with a trip planner and she told me the parking pass and other perks were only on total packages. The tickets were only about $3-$5 less than at the gate. I decided to plan the trip myself and save alot more $.
__________________
POR 2014 pre-cruise DCL Western 2014 8 Magical Nights on the Magic 7/28/12- 8/5/12 WDW 2013 10 Wonderful days 7/22-31
suffieldhockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #1690
suffieldhockeymom
DIS Veteran
 
suffieldhockeymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Suffield CT
Posts: 887

Quote:
Originally Posted by chekhovgirl View Post
What was the Amex code you used? Is it for use by all Amex holders?

http://www.floridaticketstation.com/...s-selects.aspx

You get free shipping as well with the code. I had my tickets in less than 5 days.
__________________
POR 2014 pre-cruise DCL Western 2014 8 Magical Nights on the Magic 7/28/12- 8/5/12 WDW 2013 10 Wonderful days 7/22-31
suffieldhockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #1691
tallmouse
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17

current timeshare presentation offers

just curious what the recent timeshare offers were to sit through the presentation. I was hoping to get two 1 day tickets to MK.
tallmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #1692
Cynt
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 720

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkrush View Post
We're from CT too and will be at WBC July 13 - 20. It's our first time staying off property and we're a bit apprehensive about it. The good reviews on this site are keeping me sane and I'm trying to keep my DW off this site so she only hears the good news from me and nothing negative. Not related to WBC but did you buy your park tickets at AAA? I was told that they're cheaper there than at the park plus you can get a AAA parking pass that puts you right behind the handicapped spots. If you've used this parking pass before, can you let me know how it's worked out for you? Thanks.
I just used AAA Diamond parking pass and it's FABULOUS! After you pay at the parking entrance you will usually follow the blue/yellow line to the handicap parking areas. The attendants will direct you where to park. My mom uses a cane so I'm glad it put her a little closer to the entrance.
__________________
March 1997 - SOG
May 2006 - CSR
May 2009 - POP - SISTER TRIP
April 2011 - POP - Girl's Getway
May 2013 - WBC - FAMILY TRIP!!
Cynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #1693
barefootMom
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootMom View Post
Hi all, I have just started looking into BC for the first time as we usually stay on site. I emailed Vacation Strategy to get a price quote for a 4 bedroom presidential suite for next April. I was pleasantly surprised with the price and am wondering if this sounds right? They quoted me 8 nights at $1798. Great price for a 4 bedroom during easter week or is there more too it?
sorry to re-post, just wondering if anyone knows if this pricing sounds right before I book it?
barefootMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:27 PM   #1694
KRFillion
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 65

Just booked Jan 13- 23 through Vacation Strategy. 2 bedroom deluxe for $1196 for 10 nights. I hope that is a decent price. I am so excited

Is there a post somewhere that says what is provided in the suites and what we should bring / buy? for example, does it have garbage bags, dish towels..etc...
KRFillion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #1695
Turbanator
Disney Fan
 
Turbanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRFillion View Post
Just booked Jan 13- 23 through Vacation Strategy. 2 bedroom deluxe for $1196 for 10 nights. I hope that is a decent price. I am so excited

Is there a post somewhere that says what is provided in the suites and what we should bring / buy? for example, does it have garbage bags, dish towels..etc...
That's a good price, have a great trip
__________________
LOL
~The Turbanator - No.1 Disney & Disboards Fan~
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.