Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #1681
mmkrush
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTdaizy View Post
Does anyone have any experience checking in really late there? Our flight doesn't get in until 10:50 and we have to get our bags and our rental car so we'll be in super late.

We have checked in super late before- flight was delayed 3 hours, got to MCO after midnight- car rental line took over an hour, finally got to WBC before 2am. Good news about being there late is the lobby is quiet. Check-in was pretty quick, and desk agent was able to give us the parking pass, instead of visiting the other desk where they want to get you signed up for a tour and sales presentation. Bad news is that the room we were given had the worst view we have ever had- there were no other options for rooms. And the parking lot was full so we had to park pretty far away. You will be fine, and if for some reason your flight is delayed, call WBC and let them know you are still coming. We did this so they knew we would be there at some point, and to not give our room away!
We're from CT too and will be at WBC July 13 - 20. It's our first time staying off property and we're a bit apprehensive about it. The good reviews on this site are keeping me sane and I'm trying to keep my DW off this site so she only hears the good news from me and nothing negative. Not related to WBC but did you buy your park tickets at AAA? I was told that they're cheaper there than at the park plus you can get a AAA parking pass that puts you right behind the handicapped spots. If you've used this parking pass before, can you let me know how it's worked out for you? Thanks.
mmkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #1682
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by manhattanman View Post
On the pirate slide it's so shallow it's not necessary but we did not see lifeguards anywhere else. A lot of hotels it's swim at your own risk.
There was a lifeguard at the pirate slide telling kids when they could go up when we were there in October.
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #1683
suffieldhockeymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkrush View Post
We're from CT too and will be at WBC July 13 - 20. It's our first time staying off property and we're a bit apprehensive about it. The good reviews on this site are keeping me sane and I'm trying to keep my DW off this site so she only hears the good news from me and nothing negative. Not related to WBC but did you buy your park tickets at AAA? I was told that they're cheaper there than at the park plus you can get a AAA parking pass that puts you right behind the handicapped spots. If you've used this parking pass before, can you let me know how it's worked out for you? Thanks.
I will be arriving right after you (7/23-30)! I bought my tickets from Florida Ticket Station and saved about $80 each on 8 day tickets with an AMEX code. Under Cover Tourist is another option. Sign up for their weekly email and they send discount ticket codes. I've heard that if you buy a 5 day ticket and add days after your first use you can save the most.

AAA tickets aren't much of a deal. You don't get the parking pass unless you purchase the whole package with tickets and WDW lodging.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #1684
MoukyMouse
Mouseketeer

Just returned home from my family's first stay at Bonnet Creek! Just popped over to say that we too now LOVE Bonnet Creek! My DH bought ownership points sight-unseen so he was a bit nervous until we arrived, now he's ecstatic and so happy to have joined.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:20 PM   #1685
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoukyMouse View Post
Just returned home from my family's first stay at Bonnet Creek! Just popped over to say that we too now LOVE Bonnet Creek! My DH bought ownership points sight-unseen so he was a bit nervous until we arrived, now he's ecstatic and so happy to have joined.
A little friendly advice: rescind while you can, and look on ebay.
For example: there is a 838K buy it now, overpriced at $4,500 with no closing costs. There is a 166K up for bids, top bid is now $1009. Completed auctions show a June 6 sale of 154K for $650, and same day 168K for $99. And if that's not big enough, one million 1 thousand points sold for $3,150 a few days ago.
WHOOPS. I read the post quickly, as I was rushing to see a Paul McCartney concert. Now that I re-read it, I see you probably bought the TS before going to Bonnet Creek, so you probably bought resale.

Last edited by carlbarry; 06-11-2013 at 09:20 AM. Reason: correction
carlbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #1686
chekhovgirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffieldhockeymom View Post
I will be arriving right after you (7/23-30)! I bought my tickets from Florida Ticket Station and saved about $80 each on 8 day tickets with an AMEX code. Under Cover Tourist is another option. Sign up for their weekly email and they send discount ticket codes. I've heard that if you buy a 5 day ticket and add days after your first use you can save the most.

AAA tickets aren't much of a deal. You don't get the parking pass unless you purchase the whole package with tickets and WDW lodging.
What was the Amex code you used? Is it for use by all Amex holders?

chekhovgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:09 PM   #1687
pcstang
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootMom View Post
Hi all, I have just started looking into BC for the first time as we usually stay on site. I emailed Vacation Strategy to get a price quote for a 4 bedroom presidential suite for next April. I was pleasantly surprised with the price and am wondering if this sounds right? They quoted me 8 nights at $1798. Great price for a 4 bedroom during easter week or is there more too it?
Same price we have right now for our stay. Although, Farrell was the only one with availability and at that price. VU said they had no availability but if they did it would be $2700. Farrell was great to work with.
pcstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:01 AM   #1688
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffieldhockeymom View Post

This is not entirely true. AAA tickets are a few dollars more than Undercover Tourist (UT). Some AAA offices (like my local AAA) only require you to buy a single ticket to get the pass. I buy one ticket a year from AAA for the pass. My other tickets I purchase through UT.

suemom2kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #1689
suffieldhockeymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suemom2kay View Post
This is not entirely true. AAA tickets are a few dollars more than Undercover Tourist (UT). Some AAA offices (like my local AAA) only require you to buy a single ticket to get the pass. I buy one ticket a year from AAA for the pass. My other tickets I purchase through UT.
There must be regional pricing and perk rules then. I met with a trip planner and she told me the parking pass and other perks were only on total packages. The tickets were only about $3-$5 less than at the gate. I decided to plan the trip myself and save alot more $.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #1690
suffieldhockeymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chekhovgirl View Post
What was the Amex code you used? Is it for use by all Amex holders?

http://www.floridaticketstation.com/...s-selects.aspx

You get free shipping as well with the code. I had my tickets in less than 5 days.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #1691
tallmouse
Earning My Ears

current timeshare presentation offers

just curious what the recent timeshare offers were to sit through the presentation. I was hoping to get two 1 day tickets to MK.
tallmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #1692
Cynt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkrush View Post
I just used AAA Diamond parking pass and it's FABULOUS! After you pay at the parking entrance you will usually follow the blue/yellow line to the handicap parking areas. The attendants will direct you where to park. My mom uses a cane so I'm glad it put her a little closer to the entrance.
April 2011 - POP - Girl's Getway
May 2013 - WBC - FAMILY TRIP!!
Cynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #1693
barefootMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootMom View Post
Hi all, I have just started looking into BC for the first time as we usually stay on site. I emailed Vacation Strategy to get a price quote for a 4 bedroom presidential suite for next April. I was pleasantly surprised with the price and am wondering if this sounds right? They quoted me 8 nights at $1798. Great price for a 4 bedroom during easter week or is there more too it?
sorry to re-post, just wondering if anyone knows if this pricing sounds right before I book it?
barefootMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:27 PM   #1694
KRFillion
Earning My Ears

Just booked Jan 13- 23 through Vacation Strategy. 2 bedroom deluxe for $1196 for 10 nights. I hope that is a decent price. I am so excited

Is there a post somewhere that says what is provided in the suites and what we should bring / buy? for example, does it have garbage bags, dish towels..etc...
KRFillion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #1695
Turbanator
Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRFillion View Post
Just booked Jan 13- 23 through Vacation Strategy. 2 bedroom deluxe for $1196 for 10 nights. I hope that is a decent price. I am so excited

Is there a post somewhere that says what is provided in the suites and what we should bring / buy? for example, does it have garbage bags, dish towels..etc...
That's a good price, have a great trip