Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM   #1
lindaprvs
Mouseketeer

Smile pre-prepared crockpot meals

So we are making our 2nd Disney trip and one thing I'd love to do is make some crockpot meals this time. I love coming back to rest at the resort, but despised cooking so much last time. . SO i am going to pack our crock pot and meals this time.

I am not sure if there is already a list somewhere on the boards, but I thought perhaps we could start a recipe list if people have already done this, give me tips, ideas and recipes to try.

TIA!

lindaprvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM   #2
ge0rgette2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaprvs View Post
So we are making our 2nd Disney trip and one thing I'd love to do is make some crockpot meals this time. I love coming back to rest at the resort, but despised cooking so much last time. . SO i am going to pack our crock pot and meals this time. I am not sure if there is already a list somewhere on the boards, but I thought perhaps we could start a recipe list if people have already done this, give me tips, ideas and recipes to try. TIA!

I think this is an awesome idea!

We are flying in. Would hate to pack a crockpot though lol.

NYC to Bermuda ~ Norwegian Breakaway ~ May 2013

NYC Inaugural Disney Cruise to Bahamas ~ May 2012 ~ Disney Magic

NYC to Bermuda ~ May 2011 on NCL Gem

ge0rgette2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old Yesterday, 04:01 PM   #3
LovesTimone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaprvs View Post
So we are making our 2nd Disney trip and one thing I'd love to do is make some crockpot meals this time. I love coming back to rest at the resort, but despised cooking so much last time. . SO i am going to pack our crock pot and meals this time.

I am not sure if there is already a list somewhere on the boards, but I thought perhaps we could start a recipe list if people have already done this, give me tips, ideas and recipes to try.

TIA!
So I am assuming that you will be driving down. Where are you staying? What type of kitchen or kitchenette is available.

Are you going to prepare the meals at home and then transport them with you? or are you going to do some cooking in the am and then put together with what you brought. or all you bring all frozen items to drop in the pot and head out?

You could easily bring lots of breakfast items, from cereal & milk, you can make banana nut bread, cinnamon muffin, bring bagels and cream cheese. Cereal bars, or granola bars for on the way to the buses. For quick lunches, and snacks by the pool, deli meat rolled with cheese, fruit, cracker and cheese. Bread sticks, chips, don't forget to include juice and water and sports drinks. PB & J and bread.

For Dinner using the crock pot - Spaghetti - Chicken and cheesy potatoes. Check out food network for some great recipes for the crock pot.
LovesTimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:11 PM   #4
guinea pig
Earning My Ears

I used these recipes before....http://www.mommysfabulousfinds.com/2...r-meals-2.html

And these look good.....click on the name of the dish for the recipe...... http://onceamonthmeals.com/oamm_cook...e/slow-cooker/
guinea pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM   #5
laceyinwonderland
Mouseketeer

these are some of my go-to crock pot meals at home that are simple.
- boneless skinless chicken breast (frozen or thawed) and a jar of salsa, serve with taco fixin's
-boston butt and 1 can coke/pepsi. after cooking all day, drain and add bbq sauce. serve on buns
-pork chops, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 pk of dry ranch season. sounds weird, but is really good.

all of those are good and simple and could be served with pre-packaged pasta salad and chips.
Dec 2011 POP
Nov 2013 AOA/POP

June 2014 offsite/AKV Happy Bday to ME!
Sept 2014 POFQ
laceyinwonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:09 PM   #6
lindaprvs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesTimone View Post
So I am assuming that you will be driving down. Where are you staying? What type of kitchen or kitchenette is available.

Are you going to prepare the meals at home and then transport them with you? or are you going to do some cooking in the am and then put together with what you brought. or all you bring all frozen items to drop in the pot and head out?

Sorry, we are staying at Bonnet Creek- 2bd room condo.
We will have a full kitchen. I plan to freeze the crockpot meal in bags and bring it down- Yes we are driving down from Ga- about a 7-8 hr drive.

lindaprvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:28 PM   #7
bankr63
DIS Veteran

For us vacation is about simplicity. Campbell's makes a line of Crock Pot sauces that are great; we stock up every trip to the US because we can't get them here north of the 49th. Nutritional value is reasonable; not great, but decent, and for the convenience it's worth it. We cook a lot of crock meals in the winter, but I can't image making that kind of effort while vacationing!

You just need a small pork shoulder, beef tenderloin roast, or pack of chicken thighs depending on sauce. Pop them in the slow cooker with the sauce in the morning, come back 8-10 hours later and dinner is ready. Easy-Peasy. No prep, no dishes. The Bourbon Pulled Pork is the family favourite.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote