Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #1111
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

finally dedicated time to really enjoy your TR, study the pics, awesome! That seems like a lot of food at Remy! I am with you, lamb is not my favorite, one of the few things I don't care for. As for the remainder of your CC visit, your day was just gorgeous - reason enough to book another cruise!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Port Orleans Riverside

Old 04-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #1112
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Wow! The food and drinks look amazing!! What a wonderful experience! And your photos are wonderful, you all look great

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #1113
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

I got rid of Photobucket and went to Flickr.

That meal looks so good. I love Kobe beef. The drink looked good.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #1114
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Heather! So this goes way back to the beginning of your report, but would you recommend Blizzard Beach for us? DD4 is the smallest of us all, I am going to measure her soon. There is a free day for passholders on May 16 when we are planning on AK, and it might be a nice way to cool off. Just thinking it may be super busy though being free right??

Maybe we are better off just swimming at SAB instead. Anyhoo, any thoughts are appreciated!
Old 04-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #1115
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Dinner at Remy looks and sounds amazing! What a treat to have such a high end meal on board a Disney Cruise! Can't wait to hear more about it-you ladies seriously have me considering cruising!
Maddie would absolutely love a cruise...as well as you and your hubby It's very different than WDW - of course - but well worth every penny!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Dinner looks yummy, minus the lamb not a fan either! That cocktail sounds really good!
I always hate the last day of vacay! Lol. But we always try to book something special to enjoy too.
I guess we can look at it this way....even when our trip ends, it's already time to start planning another one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Your meal looks amazing. WOW! I am not going to try Palo on our cruise because its our first one, but your pictures have me reconsidering now!

Also not a lamb fan, but that does look beautifully plated.

Nice pictures once again.
Thanks! Maybe you should consider doing Palo Brunch...not nearly as time consuming nor dressy. I think it's around $20....or something like that. We tried to book it, but no luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Thanks so much. Work has just been unpleasant and I was sick for two weeks after coming back from vacation.

I see you put up an update so I'm off to read.
Hope you're back up to par! Sorry to hear about work. That can make for long days. But just think...you have a Disney vacation approaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Dinner looks beautiful, but since I don't eat red meat I think it would be totally lost on me. Sounds like you had a fabulous evening though. Can't wait to hear about dessert
Like Jill said, you would be fine...there's a ton of food!! You wouldn't go hungry...promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Wow! All that food looks so delicious... and you guys clean up pretty nicely too.
We can do that every now and then

Quote:
Loving the looks of that cocktail cart and the sound of that first drink. Wonder if the recipe is anywhere online.
It's online...Google the name and it'll pop up. If I'm not mistaken, the champagne they used was something specific to Disney.

Quote:
Totally know what you mean about the accent and I am 100% behind your strategy of smiling and nodding. I could listen to the French say anything.

Also completely relate to having to be perhaps a bit more adventurous in your food choices. I found Victoria & Albert's to be the same way. I ended up surprising myself and liking things I would never EVER have thought I would like.
Isn't V&As great??!!! I kinda wish we had done Remy first then did Vicky & Als. It was hard not to compare the two. I TOTALLY enjoyed Remy....don't get me wrong. But V&A had a slight edge. Hard to beat that place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
I'm caught up! School has taken over my life with the end of the semester quickly approaching!!

What beautiful pictures!

Remy looks fantastic!

Goodness gracious I want to go on another cruise!!!!!
Know all about the dreaded end of the semester!! I'm trying to finish up, too...that's why I've been neglecting the TR. Good luck with the remaining work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
finally dedicated time to really enjoy your TR, study the pics, awesome! That seems like a lot of food at Remy! I am with you, lamb is not my favorite, one of the few things I don't care for. As for the remainder of your CC visit, your day was just gorgeous - reason enough to book another cruise!
Maybe your next visit to CC will be the same By the next cruise, you should be a pro with your new camera! I expect LOTS of pics!!! No excuses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
Wow! The food and drinks look amazing!! What a wonderful experience! And your photos are wonderful, you all look great
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
I got rid of Photobucket and went to Flickr.

That meal looks so good. I love Kobe beef. The drink looked good.
So how is Flickr compared to Photobucket???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Heather! So this goes way back to the beginning of your report, but would you recommend Blizzard Beach for us? DD4 is the smallest of us all, I am going to measure her soon. There is a free day for passholders on May 16 when we are planning on AK, and it might be a nice way to cool off. Just thinking it may be super busy though being free right??

Maybe we are better off just swimming at SAB instead. Anyhoo, any thoughts are appreciated!
Hmmmm.....do your kids enjoy the water? A little? A lot?? Faith and Stephen are good swimmers. Jesse is just ok. If I'm not mistaken, he wore his life jacket most of the time (life jackets provided there) The family ride was way cool...great for all ages. There really was lots to do for the little ones. If you get there early, you should be able to get lots done. I think we did everything by lunch. It was pretty crowded by lunch time but nothing unbearable. If it's free...check it out Blizzard Beach is just really a neat place....not like your basic water park. I would totally go back. In fact, we're already planning to try Typhoon Lagoon on our next big trip. One of the 2 water parks will be a must-do from now on when we visit during the summer.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP

Last edited by hstrickland; 04-14-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:40 AM   #1116
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Very true Heather! It does take some if the sting out of leaving knowing we have the next trip in the works! Is it August yet
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 04-18-2013, 03:31 PM   #1117
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Quote:
So how is Flickr compared to Photobucket???
it isn't bad. Takes a little getting used to.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:58 AM   #1118
chattadisser
Mouseketeer

Heather,

I have been reading along but got behind for a while. I just went back to the begining and wanted to tell you how awesome the pictures are. Both the ones that you took and the ones that were taken on the Dream. The one in the beginning of the TR of your whole family is wonderful! How nice to be able to have a picture of the whole family together. I take a lot of pictures on our trips and try to get up early and sneak out like you do. I'm not as successful getting out alone as you are, one of mine is an early riser but she has become my partner in crime! Hey, we tell the other two..you snooze, you lose!

Hope you are having a great end of school year and looking forward to the summer!

Christine

Old 05-21-2013, 07:04 AM   #1119
psac
DIS Veteran

Also chiming in later than I should have. Back when you first started this thread and posted about your AKL stay I think on the Concierge thread, it really convinced my wife and I to finally take the plunge and stay at AKL, something we wanted to do for years and never did. Your pictures and descriptions really convinced us. Well, WE LOVED IT. We even decided to add on a resale AKL DVC contract so we'll have lots of stays in the future.

Aside from AKL, I still read the DCL posts, even though we had zero intention of taking another cruise anytime in the near future, and if we did, it likely would have been NCL. Well, now because of various happenings, my wife is looking to do some work from home as a Disney TA, and you really need to have gone on a Disney cruise to book those. So, it's not the Dream, but we're on her sister ship, the Fantasy, in September, in the same room category (4C), so now I'm re-reading all those posts again. I might be jumping ahead, but did you do Palo for lunch or dinner? If so did you like it?

Thanks again for putting all the time you have into this thread!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 05-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #1120
Sue M
DIS Veteran

So, are you done with school yet? since you start soooooo early I figure you must be. Have you gotten to the POR part of the trip yet? It's almost time for the next one isn't it
I leave Aug 7 for Florida and make it up to wdw aug 17. Of course you'll prob be back to school by then. But we will agree not to utter THAT word thru the summer till Sept when I have to go back .
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 05-23-2013, 07:36 AM   #1121
Cotillard
Mouseketeer

Absolutely incredible trip report
Your pictures are VERY nice
Thank you for sharing.

º Grand Floridian July 2005 ○ Grand Floridian CL Dec 2005 ○ Polynesian April 2006 ○ Polynesian CL March 2007 ○ Boardwalk Inn CL April 2008 ○ Bay Lake Tower May 2010 ○ Beach Club June 2010 ○ Wilderness Lodge CL Oct 2010 ○ AKL CL Feb 2011 º Boardwalk Inn October 2011 º POR Royal Room March 2012 º Beach Club June 2013 º
Old 05-30-2013, 09:17 AM   #1122
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
So, are you done with school yet? since you start soooooo early I figure you must be. Have you gotten to the POR part of the trip yet? It's almost time for the next one isn't it
I leave Aug 7 for Florida and make it up to wdw aug 17. Of course you'll prob be back to school by then. But we will agree not to utter THAT word thru the summer till Sept when I have to go back .
Where's is that Heather??

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 05-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #1123
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Where's is that Heather??

No TR update since 4/6. Hope you're just busy, Heather and all is well
Old 05-30-2013, 01:22 PM   #1124
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK

No TR update since 4/6. Hope you're just busy, Heather and all is well
Agreed my dear! I'm being impatient...I miss our friend. I figured school was out for her. Hope so..

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 05-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #1125
Mickey'sMainMami
I love playing video games!!
I also love playing with my nephew's toys!

Joining late in the game, but loving what I have read so far!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: