Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 10:10 PM   #1052
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Your mom & dad are so full of life! I love it!!

The pictures are beautiful! I know Ed would like to do parasailing. May need to ask him if he wants me to book it for him. I have to book our excursions this coming Sunday!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #1053
pas130
DIS Veteran

Wow! Great pics I am SO not that brave
Old 02-25-2013, 08:44 PM   #1054
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

I want to....I really really want to!!
Old 02-26-2013, 03:49 AM   #1055
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

What a fun Goofy you saw.
Fantastic early morning pics.
Glad to hear you had a good trip.
Great pics with Woody & Jessie.
What a fun Pirate dinner.
Gorgeous Castaway Cay pics.
The parasailing pics look like so much fun. A must when I go.
All caught up and look forward to reading more.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:07 AM   #1056
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

It's been a couple of weeks since I posted an update...life gets in the way Hopefully I'll have something completed by tomorrow. The boys are going over to the coast to fish, so maybe I'll have plenty of free time today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I am SO happy you got perfect weather for your beach day! I was a little worried based on the weather the previous days. The pictures are just beautiful!
It was REALLY perfect! I'm such a beach person, anyway....I just wish the sun wasn't so bad for ya. It's a very good thing we don't live on the water or my skin would look like leather, I'm sure. My kids love the ocean/lake/pool more than me. And unfortunately, Jesse has very fair skin...he takes after his Aunt Stephanie.

Hope yall are staying warm up there. Stephanie said school was cancelled yesterday in Glastonbury. Although she also said they actually could have gone in late....not too terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
The parasailing looks amazing. I was signed up on my cruise in October but sadly they cancelled it due to wind. Oh well, guess I'll have to go back!

Jill in CO
Mom and dad were glad they didn't sign up for it on the first day at CC (cloudy and a little windy) If we do another cruise, I definitely want to try it! Time for you to book another cruise and go parasailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Glad they had a great time!
So...where are you now?!! I can't keep up with all your trips!! Cruising? At WDW???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesky View Post
love your TR so far! DH and I are contemplating a trip like this for my FIL (his bucketlist wish is a family cruise) and their 45th anniversary is in the next 2 years so hmmmmm...
Well....as you have read, it was an awesome time for the entire family to be together. There's something for everyone, and something for all ages. I've looked at other cruise lines, but because our children range from 5 years to 11 years, Disney can't be beat. Not sure how many people will be traveling with you....but a cruise is so perfect because you can kind of do your own thing and still be with family, too (if that makes sense)

Happy Planning! I hope it works out for yall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyGoofy View Post
I'm so glad your parents got a chance to try parasailling - it always looks like so much fun. The views look incredible in the pictures, and I'm sure they were even better in person!

I've got to try parasailing one day!
Go for it! Faith wants to parasail, but I've tried to explain to her that you have to be a certain weight....she's got several years before she gets there. I can always count on her to be my daredevil and try it with me...the other 2 said no way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
Oh no, I misspoke lol!! I meant when Ava and her future sibling, who is not yet on the way, are older and able to enjoy the oceaneers club
We are planning for baby number 2, AFTER our wedding lol! but thank you for the kind words

I love, love the parasailing pictures, that must have been amazing! And I agree a must do
for baby #2!!! Are you going to find out if it's a girl or boy?? Most people do, but we didn't....all 3 were a surprise. Jesse being the biggest surprise simply because he wasn't planned AT ALL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
LOVE the CC pics!!!

The parasailing looks horrifying to me. But I bet it is fun for those without the fear of heights.
You sound like Stephen He says NO WAY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Your mom & dad are so full of life! I love it!!

The pictures are beautiful! I know Ed would like to do parasailing. May need to ask him if he wants me to book it for him. I have to book our excursions this coming Sunday!
They are very young at heart and do quite well keeping up with the kids. Guess doing things like parasailing keeps them going.

So....are you going to book parasailing??? Or did you? He would love it, and it would be a nice treat for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Wow! Great pics I am SO not that brave
I asked Bill if he would like to do it next time. His reply..."I would rather spend that money on fishing." I'm guessing he's a bit freightened I've always wanted to skydive (tandem jump, of course) but he says NO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I want to....I really really want to!!
Like the Little Engine said..."I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
What a fun Goofy you saw.
Fantastic early morning pics.
Glad to hear you had a good trip.
Great pics with Woody & Jessie.
What a fun Pirate dinner.
Gorgeous Castaway Cay pics.
The parasailing pics look like so much fun. A must when I go.
All caught up and look forward to reading more.
Thanks! I know yall are looking forward to your trip. I'm in need of a major vacation myself

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 03-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #1057
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Castaway Cay

Day 9
Castaway Cay….more pics!

As I previously stated….the Castaway Cay posts are REALLY picture heavy. I couldn’t decide which pictures to cut, and which pictures to keep….sorry

Bill and I decided the night before that we wanted to traipse around the island sans kids. Fortunately our little ones LOVED the kid’s club, so it was no-brainer….first stop….

The club opens at 9ish; we did have to wait a few minutes because they were lacking a few cast members. No big deal, though.

This sign was cute…and since I had to wait, I read it. Love the way they worded bullet #3....in other words...if your kids can't behave, get em' out

I wish that I had made pics inside, but they are a little funny about that (which I’m happy about ) I couldn’t even sneak any pics….

The inside of the kids area was really cool! The fun, sandy play area features Monstro Point, a "whale dig" site complete with jumbo-sized whale bones. Scuttle Cove closes down at 3:30 so the counselors can move from the island to the ship.

Now....what shall we do???? Oh, I know…get more pics. Just what the hubby wants to do

Stephen was going to hang out at the teen club while we snorkeled and visited Serenity Bay.

Of course I’ve already said this 100 times, but the day was too perfect!! When you venture over to CC, make sure you take the time to walk around and take in all the beauty of the island.

There’s really too much to see in one day! If the weather had cooperated on the first CC day, I would not have been rushing around trying to see every square inch of the island.

If you are interested in doing a 5K, this is it! They had quite a few enter the race.

As you can see, it’s fairly early….very few people are here, yet.

Fun little water slide…but lots of work to actually get there. We didn’t do it at all on our second day at CC.

Bill and I made sure we had our lounge chairs reserved and snorkel equipment retrieved. One last pic before we hit the water! And by the way…if you plan to snorkel, get there early before the water gets stirred up.

Up next ….Serenity Bay!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 03-11-2013, 08:13 AM   #1058
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Oh My Heather, you have me wishing for one than one day at CC too! It just looks like there is so much to see and do, or not if you just want to relax. I love that the kids club is on the island too, how convenient!
Old 03-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #1059
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Great pictures!

Now I really wish I could go back. I have my next three trips planned but don't know what to do first, BLT, cruise, Disneyland. And I am not even sure if we can go for a while...so now I am even sadder.
With your pics and remembering our trip it may have to be the cruise. Lol
Old 03-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #1060
pas130
DIS Veteran

Yay, more pics

I am so glad it's almost Spring...which mean summer is almost here Your pics are keeping me warm Heather!!
Old 03-13-2013, 10:41 AM   #1061
Sweetpeamd
Mouseketeer

Gracious, I got behind!!!! Great posts about CC! It looks so beautiful. I always have imagined that it would be just packed with people but it didn't look that crowded. Were there rows of lounge chairs on the beach or do you request a chair when you get there? Do they have umbrellas, too?

[COLOR="Magenta"]1977-2007 Off Property Visits [COLOR="Lime"]2008 Beach Club [COLOR="Magenta"]2009 Beach Club [COLOR="Lime"]2010 Beach Club Villas[COLOR="Magenta"] 2010 Saratoga Springs 2011 Saratoga Springs2011 BLT 2012 OKW 2012 BLT

Me DH DS12
DD10 DS8 DD6
Old 03-16-2013, 10:53 AM   #1062
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Oh My Heather, you have me wishing for one than one day at CC too! It just looks like there is so much to see and do, or not if you just want to relax. I love that the kids club is on the island too, how convenient!
If you're a beach lover like me, then two days is perfect. When we go back again, I would like to rent bikes and ride around the island...we just didn't have time to do that, too. Disney does this on purpose, ya know...too much to do, so you have to return!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
Great pictures!

Now I really wish I could go back. I have my next three trips planned but don't know what to do first, BLT, cruise, Disneyland. And I am not even sure if we can go for a while...so now I am even sadder.
With your pics and remembering our trip it may have to be the cruise. Lol
I know what you mean...I really want to do another cruise, but then I really want to go back to WDW for an extended stay - like 7+ days. Decisions, decisions! If only money grew on trees! I would like to go out to DisneyLand, but the airfare alone makes me cringe. We're spoiled living so close to WDW and being able to drive. Airfare plus the actual trip equals big big bucks.

Happy Planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Yay, more pics

I am so glad it's almost Spring...which mean summer is almost here Your pics are keeping me warm Heather!!
The weather here is getting really nice!...74 degrees and sunny today I might have to put on my bathing suit and go outside and read a book. I'm looking forward to some beach time at Hilton Head...hopefully next month. It's still a bit cool for the beach now, but April and May...perfect!

You have a trip coming up very soon!!! How nice!! Bet you're looking forward to time away with the hubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpeamd View Post
Gracious, I got behind!!!! Great posts about CC! It looks so beautiful. I always have imagined that it would be just packed with people but it didn't look that crowded. Were there rows of lounge chairs on the beach or do you request a chair when you get there? Do they have umbrellas, too?
Hey there! Well...it can get packed with people but nothing really crazy. Those pictures were taken fairly early in the day...mid-morning. There are tons of lounge chairs and umbrellas...first-come, first-serve. So as you can guess, I was there first We really didn't use them much; we only used them as a storage space. We ended up dragging some of the chairs to the water and just hung out there. CC is much bigger than I thought it would be...not sure what I was anticipating, but it exceeded my expectations!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 03-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #1063
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Really good pics Heather - you have an eye for composition! Living vicariously through your CC pics since we did not get to experience CC due to hurricane Sandy! The parasailing looks like a blast, might have to try that!

Have a great Sunday! My continuous coughing prevented us from going to church, I'm sure no one would want me by them!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Port Orleans Riverside

Old 03-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #1064
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Excellent pictures Heather. What a beautiful day! Is the food you eat on the island covered as part of the cruise too?
Old 03-20-2013, 04:59 PM   #1065
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Loving the pictures! (as usual )

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: