Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2012, 07:30 AM   #91
Lisa29
Mouseketeer

Yay, I hadn't realised that your trip was coming up and was very excited when looking at the trip report thread to see your name!

Great first updates, can't wait to hear more.

As ever, your kids look gorgeous and love the first pic of all of you on the dream.

Five Little Ones Take the Adults - My 15 night SSR stay with DDP trip report

My Grand Villa at Bay Lake Tower pictures are HERE and HERE

I have no ticker.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:26 AM   #92
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Oh, you captured well that sinking feeling you have when you think you've forgotten something - that stop dead in your tracks moment where your mind races trying to retrace your steps. There is so much to remember when you're traveling and so many distractions at WDW.

Did you go to any parks other than a water park this trip? I can't recall, but I thought you had APs?

So glad 'we'll' be eating in the lounge soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytss View Post
Ok...for those not staying club level (that would be my family) the standard view rooms look exactly the same and come with all the same things. The only things I am not sure of (because our trip was cut short due to cancelled flights and we only stayed there over night) are the DVD player and free WiFi.
Nice to have you around here again this year. All rooms throughout WDW have free WiFi (only DVC and suites had free WiFi in the past). And, your room should have had a DVD player. I totally understand why you're not sure seeing what you went through just to get there and how you were only in the room literally to sleep. I hope the trip gets more relaxing for you soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post

Wowsa! I think I'm in love!

So, that view is a Standard, not a Savannah View? That's amazing.

The confusion with CL views is that Disney often describes them (like at AKL and WL) as "standard rooms." This description has nothing to do with the view, but rather the room type. It really only means you are not in a Deluxe room or a suite. But as Heather said, all AKL CL standard room views are of the savanna. So when you compare the price of an AKL non-CL savanna view room with a standard CL room, the difference is very small for the same view, but with all the CL amenities.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 07-07-2012 at 12:30 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2012, 11:47 AM   #93
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Your son would love it!! I actually had my reservations about staying at the Lodge, too. And honestly, if we were doing a week long trip, I might not choose AKL....kinda far from everything. But for our purposes it was perfect!!!
Hmmmm......I might have to put it on the list of possible resorts for next May. We're only going to do a night or two before the cruise. I know we'll be going to MK since I want to see the expansion stuff. But, it may not be bad just for one day. Wonder if Ed would agree to that?
Old 07-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #94
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Yay, I hadn't realised that your trip was coming up and was very excited when looking at the trip report thread to see your name!

Great first updates, can't wait to hear more.

As ever, your kids look gorgeous and love the first pic of all of you on the dream.
for the nice compliments. So glad you found us again! We always like sharing our trips with everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Oh, you captured well that sinking feeling you have when you think you've forgotten something - that stop dead in your tracks moment where your mind races trying to retrace your steps. There is so much to remember when you're traveling and so many distractions at WDW.

Did you go to any parks other than a water park this trip? I can't recall, but I thought you had APs?
No APs...wouldn't have worked for us this year....and yes, we did Blizzard Beach (more on that later)

Quote:
So glad 'we'll' be eating in the lounge soon
....Remember, my friend, patience is a virtue.........(that I don't possess)

Quote:
Nice to have you around here again this year. All rooms throughout WDW have free WiFi (only DVC and suites had free WiFi in the past). And, your room should have had a DVD player. I totally understand why you're not sure seeing what you went through just to get there and how you were only in the room literally to sleep. I hope the trip gets more relaxing for you soon!

The confusion with CL views is that Disney often describes them (like at AKL and WL) as "standard rooms." This description has nothing to do with the view, but rather the room type. It really only means you are not in a Deluxe room or a suite. But as Heather said, all AKL CL standard room views are of the savanna. So when you compare the price of an AKL non-CL savanna view room with a standard CL room, the difference is very small for the same view, but with all the CL amenities.
I didn't realize all rooms at AKL had DVD players...that's nice to know. I wonder why other resorts don't do that? You know what's strange....if you price an Arusha savannah view room w/ bunk bed and CL room, guess which is higher...the Arusha! Strange.....must be a premium view or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Hmmmm......I might have to put it on the list of possible resorts for next May. We're only going to do a night or two before the cruise. I know we'll be going to MK since I want to see the expansion stuff. But, it may not be bad just for one day. Wonder if Ed would agree to that?
Which resorts are you considering? And do 2 nights.....one just isn't enough We want to see the Fantasy Land expansion, too. Can you imagine how packed it's going to be??!! Better get there super early!!! And which resort are y'all staying in for the Disney run?

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
Old 07-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #95
nemofans
DIS Veteran

Yes, Arusha savannah view & CL (which is Arusha view anyway) are almost the same price that you may as well book CL. CL is cheaper if you consider the food & drinks you get included.

I've been BOO'd!!

8/2000 Grosvenor Resort (got engaged!), 11/2005 DL PPH CL, 12/2006 Poly, 02/2008 AKL, 2/2010 CR CL, 2/2011 DCL Magic, 11/2011 DL GCH, 10/2012 AKL CL

2013 Book Challenge: 87 out of 75 GOAL MET!!
2014 Book Challenge: 58 out of 85
Old 07-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #96
Sue M
DIS Veteran

No shower gel either? Guess each resort has different amenities. I love the H2O lotions, etc too! So sad, I went into our Sears yesterday only to find out they are not going to carry it anymore

We had a DVD player in our BC room last Aug too.

Did you like the new H2O products?

Can't wait to see your lounge pics 45 more days for me

On our 2007 trip one of my daughters left her bracelet in the Narcoossees' ladies room. She didn't realize it till we were back at our resort, so from room phone we were connected to GF lost and found. They found it!!! And delivered it to our room, amazing :good vibes pixie dust:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 07-07-2012, 03:46 PM   #97
elphie101
Left my heart in Tomorrowland

I'm in! I can't wait until my brothers and I are old enough to take a big family trip like this - it sounds great! Love AKL, can't wait to stay there someday!

DF Me
WDW: '91, '92, '94, '01, '06 (offsite)* 7/11 Pop* 8/11 AS Music* 9/11 AS Sports* 12/11 CBR* 6/12 Pop* (TR Here!) 11/12 AS Movies* 1/13 Pop* 9/13 Pop* 5/14 Pop* 10/14 BCV*
DL: '03 (day)* 4/13 Fairfield Inn Anaheim* DCL: 10/14 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean*

Star Command, over and out!*Hellllllooooooo Humans!*It's a great big BEAUTIFUL tomorrow!

Current TR: "That's not supposed to be HERE!" A Disneyland TR!***Our DFTW Planning Journal
Old 07-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #98
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemofans View Post
Yes, Arusha savannah view & CL (which is Arusha view anyway) are almost the same price that you may as well book CL. CL is cheaper if you consider the food & drinks you get included.
I like your way of thinking!!!! Makes perfect sense...next time I book CL, I'll run this by Bill. We'll see if he takes the bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
No shower gel either? Guess each resort has different amenities. I love the H2O lotions, etc too! So sad, I went into our Sears yesterday only to find out they are not going to carry it anymore

We had a DVD player in our BC room last Aug too.

Did you like the new H2O products?

Can't wait to see your lounge pics 45 more days for me
On our 2007 trip one of my daughters left her bracelet in the Narcoossees' ladies room. She didn't realize it till we were back at our resort, so from room phone we were connected to GF lost and found. They found it!!! And delivered it to our room, amazing :good vibes pixie dust:

for double digits!!! Your trip is approaching quickly!

Yes, we did have shower gel...sorry I left that off. Last year at the CR and Poly, we had all of it. The AKL products smelled really good, but I still like the ship's H2O products better. Maybe it's just because they are bigger

So when did they add the DVD players to all the rooms? At the CR and WL we didn't have one. Maybe that's new along with the WiFi.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
Old 07-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #99
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphie101 View Post
I'm in! I can't wait until my brothers and I are old enough to take a big family trip like this - it sounds great! Love AKL, can't wait to stay there someday!
Family vacations are great!! (for us, anyway) You hear nightmare stories about extended families that travel together, but so far, so good for ours. I guess if you're doing something like WDW, you have to have the same traveling strategies....otherwise things may get intense Are your brothers big Disney Fans?

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 07-07-2012, 04:07 PM   #100
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I like your way of thinking!!!! Makes perfect sense...next time I book CL, I'll run this by Bill. We'll see if he takes the bait

for double digits!!! Your trip is approaching quickly!

Yes, we did have shower gel...sorry I left that off. Last year at the CR and Poly, we had all of it. The AKL products smelled really good, but I still like the ship's H2O products better. Maybe it's just because they are bigger

So when did they add the DVD players to all the rooms? At the CR and WL we didn't have one. Maybe that's new along with the WiFi.
It was a CL room at BC. I think all the CL rooms have DVD players? Don't know, as that was our first time CL. Now I'm hooked, Mawhahahaha!

One more question (well for now) what kind of coffee maker was in the room, Cusinart or keruig? I heard some CL resort rooms were getting Keurig makers
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Old 07-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #101
elphie101
Left my heart in Tomorrowland

Quote:
Family vacations are great!! (for us, anyway) You hear nightmare stories about extended families that travel together, but so far, so good for ours. I guess if you're doing something like WDW, you have to have the same traveling strategies....otherwise things may get intense Are your brothers big Disney Fans?
They're 20 and 17, so if you asked them they would say no......but when my family visited me on the college program last summer I walked into their hotel room and they had park maps all over the floor making itineraries for the trip and highlighting the must-dos So I'm not too worried, especially once we're old enough that we have our own families.

I know a few of my trips that I don't remember included extended family, but it didn't really work out, we just have different vacation styles (we like timeshare style with kitchens, they don't want to even think about cooking and laundry, stuff like that).

DF Me
WDW: '91, '92, '94, '01, '06 (offsite)* 7/11 Pop* 8/11 AS Music* 9/11 AS Sports* 12/11 CBR* 6/12 Pop* (TR Here!) 11/12 AS Movies* 1/13 Pop* 9/13 Pop* 5/14 Pop* 10/14 BCV*
DL: '03 (day)* 4/13 Fairfield Inn Anaheim* DCL: 10/14 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean*

Star Command, over and out!*Hellllllooooooo Humans!*It's a great big BEAUTIFUL tomorrow!

Current TR: "That's not supposed to be HERE!" A Disneyland TR!***Our DFTW Planning Journal
Old 07-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #102
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Hi All -
For those of you loving the H2O products, here is a link to the website. I have ordered from them many times and love their products. If you get on their website and register, they will send you great email coupons.

http://www.h2oplus.com/category/bath...ies.do?nType=2

Loving the updates Heather! I'm thinking Caleb and I will stay there for his mom/son trip, but I don't see all 5 of us there anytime soon with having to get 2 rooms - bummer.

Rain is finally coming to MI - we are so dry - thank goodness!
Erin
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Old 07-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #103
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
It was a CL room at BC. I think all the CL rooms have DVD players? Don't know, as that was our first time CL. Now I'm hooked, Mawhahahaha!

One more question (well for now) what kind of coffee maker was in the room, Cusinart or keruig? I heard some CL resort rooms were getting Keurig makers
Honestly, I don't know. Since I'm a HUGE coffee fan, you would think that I would've checked it out....but I didn't even look. Guess it's because I made a quick coffee run to the lounge each morning which by the way was good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphie101 View Post
They're 20 and 17, so if you asked them they would say no......but when my family visited me on the college program last summer I walked into their hotel room and they had park maps all over the floor making itineraries for the trip and highlighting the must-dos So I'm not too worried, especially once we're old enough that we have our own families.

I know a few of my trips that I don't remember included extended family, but it didn't really work out, we just have different vacation styles (we like timeshare style with kitchens, they don't want to even think about cooking and laundry, stuff like that).
WHAT??!! I've got a Disney Expert on my TR????!!!! No kidding, the college program! How awesome! Hmmmmm ......I would love to pick your brain....but I'll refrain...........for now. Bill and I have been telling Stephen that he needs to do that when he gets to college. (we secretly want free passes)

Cute story about your brothers! You'll have to remind them of that when they give you a hard time about wanting to take Disney Family trips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
Hi All -
For those of you loving the H2O products, here is a link to the website. I have ordered from them many times and love their products. If you get on their website and register, they will send you great email coupons.

http://www.h2oplus.com/category/bath...ies.do?nType=2

Loving the updates Heather! I'm thinking Caleb and I will stay there for his mom/son trip, but I don't see all 5 of us there anytime soon with having to get 2 rooms - bummer.

Rain is finally coming to MI - we are so dry - thank goodness!
Erin
I must make a speedy trip over to that website and register!!! I'm like a hoarder when it comes to those products....you should see under my bathroom sink. I think I still have some from the CR....always make fast friends with housekeeping

You and Caleb should try AKL...yall would seriously like it. Stephen loved the activities by the pool. He also would take the camera and wander around getting all kinds of pictures of the animals and hidden Mickeys.

When you're finished with the rain...send it our way! Just no more storms...we want rain without damaging effects.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 07-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #104
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Honestly, I don't know. Since I'm a HUGE coffee fan, you would think that I would've checked it out....but I didn't even look. Guess it's because I made a quick coffee run to the lounge each morning which by the way was good.

WHAT??!! I've got a Disney Expert on my TR????!!!! No kidding, the college program! How awesome! Hmmmmm ......I would love to pick your brain....but I'll refrain...........for now. Bill and I have been telling Stephen that he needs to do that when he gets to college. (we secretly want free passes)

Cute story about your brothers! You'll have to remind them of that when they give you a hard time about wanting to take Disney Family trips!

I must make a speedy trip over to that website and register!!! I'm like a hoarder when it comes to those products....you should see under my bathroom sink. I think I still have some from the CR....always make fast friends with housekeeping

You and Caleb should try AKL...yall would seriously like it. Stephen loved the activities by the pool. He also would take the camera and wander around getting all kinds of pictures of the animals and hidden Mickeys.

When you're finished with the rain...send it our way! Just no more storms...we want rain without damaging effects.

Another hoarder, lol! You should see my closet under the stairs, bags full of the WDW h2o stuff!! Lol. Now I'm going to have to hoard more since my h2o source here is drying up!

Old 07-07-2012, 09:17 PM   #105
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the explanation re: CL you experts, you. With this TR and all of y'all's help, I'm taking extensive notes to present in my case for AKL to the hubs.

Did someone ask and I missed it... what scent are those H2O lovelies? Something and tangerine? I love that you lot are hoarders. I've got a stock-pile of solar gel and mickey soaps from our last two trips. *cough* I probably have some Mickey soap from CR circa 1997 around here somewhere...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: