Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #991
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Thanks....I'm all packed and ready to go. The weather is supposed to be perfect Keeping my fingers crossed!
I just know Heather and crew are having a fabulous trip
Old 01-27-2013, 03:39 PM   #992
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Sure wish we would have taken advantage of the adult dining after seeing those pics!!!

Hope you are having fun!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Port Orleans Riverside

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 07:41 PM   #993
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Hope you guys had a blast. Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Old 01-30-2013, 07:33 AM   #994
pas130
DIS Veteran

Me too me too!!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 05:03 PM   #995
Sweetpeamd
Mouseketeer

I can't wait to hear about your big weekend!!!!!!

[COLOR="Magenta"]1977-2007 Off Property Visits [COLOR="Lime"]2008 Beach Club [COLOR="Magenta"]2009 Beach Club [COLOR="Lime"]2010 Beach Club Villas[COLOR="Magenta"] 2010 Saratoga Springs 2011 Saratoga Springs2011 BLT 2012 OKW 2012 BLT

Me DH DS12
DD10 DS8 DD6
Old 02-02-2013, 08:09 AM   #996
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I'm glad to hear they enjoyed the ship tour. That's one of the things I'm really wanting to do on our cruise. I've already told Ed that he may be on "Reid duty" while I go off for the tour.

I hope y'all have a safe & magical trip to celebrate Faith's birthday! And that everyone stays well!
Yep...Ed will have to do "Reid duty" because the Kid's Club won't be open. As much as you love Disney, you need to take advantage of the tour....I think it only lasted a couple of hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livsmom04 View Post
Just got caught up on the TR. AKL looks like its a great resort to stay at. We are heading to the world in June and have thought about upgrading where we are staying to AKL. Not so sure yet though. We will have to see budget wise if we can. Have a good time on your Mini Trip and birthday trip for Faith! What a great surprise for her.
AKL is great; however....Bill and I realized that we could probably be happy staying in a mod AND save a pile of money. POR was really nice...grounds were beautiful. I have lots of pics to share

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Yay, your countdown is 1 day!!!!! You must all be so excited. Hope you have a great trip.
We did!! We did!! Now I have to go back and change my ticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Hope you are having a great trip. Let me know what you think about POR. I hope you enjoyed your stay there.
We had a great time! And I really did like POR. Can't wait to share my pictures!

Quote:
I have been really enjoying your TR. I'm not sure if I will take a cruise anytime soon, but the ship looks so beautiful. Your kids look like they are having so much fun too. Maybe when I have grandchildren to take I can talk my DH into going on the DLC.:
That's an idea! And I have a feelilng it won't be hard to do. According to my parents, people will do anything for their grandkids

Quote:
Your room looks so nice, a veranda looks like the way to go, and by the look of the ship compared to the others in port in the Bahama's, the DCL has many verandah's. The food looks so tasty, and for the most part I think that is what you have reported. Did you enjoy a particular restaurant more that another? I am loving your ship photos, just so interesting. I would be another crazy early riser, taking pictures all over the ship. My DH can sleep half the morning away, and that is why I go to WDW with my sister much more than my DH. My kids are all grown, but we did have a few memorable trips when they were younger.
The veranda was awesome. I have the tendancy to get motion sickness (I know...sounds crazy since I love a cruise) so the veranda is a must do for me...I don't feel so enclosed and confined. Ya know...not sure which restaurant was my favorite. They are all so different. The atmosphere at Animator's Palate was super cool for the kids, so I'll lean in that direction.

Very nice that you have a sister to go with to Disney! Wish my sister lived closer so she could go. As you know, she has small children and lives in CT.
She loves Disney, too...maybe not as much as me...but she still likes it.

Quote:
Did you have a favorite day on the cruise? I know many people report that Castaway Cay is wonderful, so it must be nice to get to stop there twice.
Thank you again for sharing all your stories and pictures with us. You do a great trip report!
Hands down...Castaway Cay!! Since I love the water so much it was perfect having 2 days. Our second day at CC was sooooo much better than the first. Lots and lots and lots of pics to show Glad you are enjoying...it's fun for us to share our memories (we get to relive the trip all over again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
That ship tour looks wonderful! Lots of great pictures. It really is too bad that you didn't get that reservation!
I know...hopefully there will be a next time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Hi Heather! Sorry I meant missing for so long, but I'm back now and all caught up!
I know all about being MIA! Life gets crazy and busy and so cuts into our Dis time

Quote:
Your pictures are just beautiful - I feel like I have toured the dream. And your family pictures turned out amazing - I am totally thinking we should do this on the Fantasy. The photo disc costs so much, but if we could get professional family pics like that along with all the other pics, I think it might be worth it.
You're right...the disc is expensive! But if you look at it from a "professional family photo" standpoint then it's not so bad. I couldn't believe how much patience the photographer had! Guess that's a job requirement when you work for Disney

Quote:
I cannot wait to hear about Faith's birthday trip! We are staying in one of those royal rooms in August, so I'm WAY excited to see your pictures and hear all about it.
You know I have pics!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I just know Heather and crew are having a fabulous trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I hope you are all having a magical weekend!!
We did! We did! We did!!! Great resort!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
Sure wish we would have taken advantage of the adult dining after seeing those pics!!!

Hope you are having fun!
Well...you will have that opportunity!! Take advantage of it...send the kids to the clubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Hope you guys had a blast. Can't wait to hear all about it!!
Quote:
Me too me too!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpeamd View Post
I can't wait to hear about your big weekend!!!!!!
So many photos to share! Enchanted Tales with Belle...AWESOME...so sweet. Especially since Bill was the Knight, Faith was Phillipe the horse, and Jesse was the Beast.....precious! He even got to dance will Belle!!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 02-02-2013, 11:06 AM   #997
pas130
DIS Veteran

Welcome home!!!!!!

Pics to follow soon!!!
Old 02-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #998
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Welcome home Heather! Can't wait to see your pictures, glad you all had a great trip

The ship tour looks great, I totally missed that on the navigator.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Old 02-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #999
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Day 8
Lunch at The Royal Palace

I believe we left off with Bill, Pop, Hopie and Sean strolling around the ship on a relaxing adult (no kids) tour &&.and me???? I had the kids&.

Stephen (who was MIA for most of the trip) went to The Edge. He said he was done with baby stuff. Guess he was referring to the Mickey slide and pool that had hundreds of 3, 4, and 5 year olds running around

After Jesse and Faith finished their brunch, they wanted to venture back to the Oceanears Club (fine with me &.)

Bill, Pop, Hopie and I decided we would grab a quick bite to eat at &.

And did I say quick???....let me rephrase that. I meant to say slow - like at a snails pace slow! Not that we were in any hurry or anything. I was just a bit surprised at the inadequate service.

We started out with a shrimp cocktail&.pretty good, nothing over the top but good.

I had the Pan-Seared Tilapia with cheese grits and caramelized onions (I know&probably sounds disgusting if you dont like grits ) but it was really good.

Bill had the burger&.also very good.

And of course we had dessert. I cant ever recall a time that we didnt have something sweet to eat with lunch or dinner

Not sure if this is the mango cheesecake or apricot tartlet (not that it matters)

I do know this is apple strudel&..

After our extended lunch, we noticed that Woody and Jessie were available for pictures. We knew without a doubt that our Jesse would be super upset if he didnt get a picture with them. So&.we grabbed them from the kids club and Hopie stood in line&.the very LONG line, let me add.

Sean and Jonah had the same idea, but were way ahead of us.

These were two happy little boys!

Remy was out-and-about for pictures, too, but Jesse had no interest in him.

The windows of the ship make perfect places to grab a few candid shots&.

Up next&.Pirates Night and dinner at the Royal Palace.....again

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP

Last edited by hstrickland; 02-02-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #1000
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

Yay an update! Thanks!
Old 02-03-2013, 06:52 AM   #1001
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome home!!!!!!

Pics to follow soon!!!
Thanks! Of course there will be pictures However the "soon" part is up for debate....

We had an awesome time, and the New Fantasyland is so precious. Jesse and Faith just loved it. Even Stephen said it was great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Welcome home Heather! Can't wait to see your pictures, glad you all had a great trip

The ship tour looks great, I totally missed that on the navigator.
Thanks!! How was your cruise??? Pictures???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToPrincePhillip View Post
Yay an update! Thanks!
I was going to continue on with the Pirate Night pics, but Photobucket is doing something weird AGAIN. That is one aggravating website

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 02-03-2013, 07:54 AM   #1002
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Thanks! Of course there will be pictures However the "soon" part is up for debate....

We had an awesome time, and the New Fantasyland is so precious. Jesse and Faith just loved it. Even Stephen said it was great.
That's great Heather! And we want to hear all about Faith's reaction to the surprise of course In the meantime...I will continue to enjoy the cruise pics
Old 02-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #1003
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

How disappointing that lunch was so slow.

Great character shots though. Love the ones of Jessie and Woody & Jessie, and your mom and Remy. Beautiful.

Can't wait to hear about Faith's birthday trip!
Old 02-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #1004
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Cute update! I love the picture of your son with Woody and Jessie - so adorable! I'm surprised about the slow service you had for lunch though, wow.

I hope that you all had a great time on Faith's birthday trip!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 02-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #1005
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

I'm glad you had a great time at MK! Even if your report and photos may take some time, I look forward to seeing them!

I LOVE that Remy was available for pictures, and the photo your mom took with him is great! I wish he was available for meet and greets in the parks...

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: