Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #976
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Sounds like my DH "Be happy we are going to Disney" And as much as HRH and crew love the snack room..we do not eat anything there I've been given a pretty low budget for our vacation...which means ch-ch-changes afoot...so I have to be smart (which is so darn hard) Royal Room will ROCK!!! No worries Heather!!!!

And I at taking the kiddos to breakfast alone. I took the girls to Disney alone, and as awesome as it was...I had many momoents that were just
Nice signature...."Trip of Many Changes"....fits you perfect!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Just popping in to say I hope you have a wonderful weekend trip!! I bet Faith will be so excited!
Thanks a million!! I'm half-way packed...kind of Things have been crazy. Faith was sick last weekend, and Jesse is getting over strep! Let's hope it stops there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Have a fabulous trip! Can't wait to hear all about it Happy Birthday to Faith!
Thanks, Pam! You, too!!! I'm guessing you're packed and ready to go Looking forward to hearing all about your trip.

CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 2- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu
Old 01-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #977
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post

Thanks a million!! I'm half-way packed...kind of Things have been crazy. Faith was sick last weekend, and Jesse is getting over strep! Let's hope it stops there...

Oh Boy, three out of the five of us have strep too!! Scary. Pixie dust sent that you all stay healthy!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 09:44 PM   #978
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Oh Boy, three out of the five of us have strep too!! Scary. Pixie dust sent that you all stay healthy!
I'll take all the I can get Faith had the dreaded stomach bug, but fortunately no one else got it....then this stuff with Jesse. Who knows?! You should see the medicine that I have packed!!

Old 01-23-2013, 09:56 PM   #979
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Day 8
Touring the Dream

While I enjoyed my morning with the kiddos, Bill, Pop, Ma Hopie and Sean embarked on a tour of the ship. Bill and Pop both give it their stamp of approval!!...well worth the time!

They met in the Meridan Lounge…and if you remember, it sits between Palo and Remy.

The tour guide was….

She gets a thumbs up….actually 2 thumbs up! They said she was terrific!

First stop was Palo….

I’ve probably said this a hundred times, but I’m soooooo disappointed that we didn’t try this place!! What was I thinking??!!

They were setting up for the Brunch …not sure what time it starts, but if I remember correctly, Palo is open for this on the day out at sea.

This food looks WONDERFUL!!! What was I thinking????? (sorry...already said that)

Next stop….

If you’re a wine connoisseur, then you might want to take a quick peek inside Remy

I wish that I could remember more specific details about each restaurant, but my memory is fading…not to mention the night I decide to complete this installment, I’m by myself….everyone else is out of town…the people that actually went on the tour!

Anyway…I do remember that in Remy, there are “Hidden Remys”….kinda like the “Hidden Mickey’s”.

This really is one gorgeous restaurant…well worth a visit.

Of course things were not set up, yet…Remy is only open for dinner (I think...)

This room is almost like a private dining area if you are with a semi-large group. Since we had 6 for dinner, mom requested this area for us….more on the experience later...

I have no idea where this is located….somewhere between Remy and Pink. Just thought this chandelier was way cool!

Notice Sean relaxing at Pink….and notice the number of people on the tour….very few. Another excellent reason to give it a try.

Ok…so I had to call Bill to ask about this picture. I could not remember why I uploaded it. I knew it was a “Hidden something”….and it was…a “Hidden Dumbo” at Pink in some sort of light.

They ended the tour out on one of the decks….and by the way…this was just a few highlights of the experience. Bill says the information was really quite interesting, and it was info that you wouldn't normally read about. Always nice to be able to chat with a cast member one-on-one.

Up next….a little lunch then it’s Pirate’s Night!

Old 01-23-2013, 11:37 PM   #980
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

The tour sounds great! I love all of the photos (now I'm the one repeating myself )

I guess that when we finally bite the bullet and book a cruise I'll have to be sure to secure a Palo reservation.

The hidden Remys are great. What an awesome touch.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:24 AM   #981
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Almost there Heather!!!! Hope no more germies!!!!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 01-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #982
livsmom04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland
Day 2 Continuation &

Stephen was finally located&or perhaps I should say he located us. We actually gave him a little more freedom on this trip. Pop bought him a waterproof watch so he could keep up with the time. Stephen truly did a great job with his new found responsibility&.and he was just in time for some early morning pool fun&.The Flamingo & Pelican Activity by Flamingo Pond (next to pool).

In the rooms, youll find several informational sheets about Jambo House & Kidani Village. The activity sheet, like the one below, has TONS of free activities for all ages.

The Flamingo Activity started at 9:30am&very informative and extremely kid friendly!! This guy was one of the conservationist from Africa &.if I remember correctly, his name was Rens.

He pointed out the different parts of the flamingo head and what each part was used for&.

Rens then explained how flamingos eat shrimp&.he used a tub of water, a comb and sequins to demonstrate the process. Each child was given a chance to experiment with the feeding process.

After this demonstration, it was time for the Pelican Activity. Another cast member did the presentation about ways pelicans eat. Once again, extremely kid friendly and worth the time.

Time for the waterslide!!! Disney did a great job of camouflaging the slide, for the most part. Pop got this shot in the pool looking up at the top of the slide&.he was ready to try out his new underwater camera!!

Stephen did the slide a few times, but decided it was a bit slow for him. He said it wasnt as fast as the Poly and CR. Faith, on the other hand, LOVED it!!! For a solid hour, this is what she did!

And no worries&.while Jesse may appear to be unconscious, hes completely alive. Perhaps a bit tired&but still going steady.

While Faith and Jesse continued to exhaust themselves on the slide, Stephen and I struck up a conversation with some of the wildlife conservationist.

These guys were super friendly and FULL of valuable information about the animals. Both were college students from Africa studying wildlife conservation. Each of them handed us a card that looked like this&

Each wildlife CM carried these cards with them. It gives you their name and their home country with info about that country on the back of the card. They also told us about the Cultural Safari that takes place each night at 7:30pm near the lobby (more on that later).

Ive said it once (or twice or three times) and Ill say it again&.the staff at AKL is by far the friendliest Ive met at WDW.

Back to the pool&..

Ya never know who or what might join you for a swim&..

I kept hoping the ducks would leave. When they visited us at the WL pool a couple of years ago, the staff shut it down due to the ducks using the pool as a toilet

The kids insisted that MaHopie and I take our turn on the waterslide&not exactly what I wanted to do, and I couldnt come up with a logical excuse not to&..

Still not sure why my hands are raised above my head like its a roller coaster&.and Stephen was right&not that fast.

MaHopies turn&.hands up& bracing herself for impact&.

Pop had fun with his new camera&.

Our pool time was great!! Not too hot&not too many people&.perfect!!!

Before returning to the room, Pop captured a few more wildlife shots&

Up next&&Kidani Village and lunch at Sanaa
What kind of camera did he get? I'm looking for a new waterproof camera for our trip in June.

7/96-Offsite, 5/98-Offsite, 5/10-ASM, 7/11-Pop Century, 4/12 -Pop Century, 8/12-Coronado Springs, 6/13-Coronado Springs, 6/13 AKV, 9/14 ASM

TR IN Progress-A Family Trip Full of Surprises: Updated 4/22 Epcot Day Part 1!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:45 PM   #983
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
The tour sounds great! I love all of the photos (now I'm the one repeating myself )

I guess that when we finally bite the bullet and book a cruise I'll have to be sure to secure a Palo reservation.

The hidden Remys are great. What an awesome touch.
Yeah...I thought the Remys were really cute, too. While we really enjoyed our Remy experience, I'll probably do Palo the next go round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Almost there Heather!!!! Hope no more germies!!!!
Thanks....I'm all packed and ready to go. The weather is supposed to be perfect Keeping my fingers crossed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by livsmom04 View Post
What kind of camera did he get? I'm looking for a new waterproof camera for our trip in June.
Not really sure...it's a case that fits over his digital camera. It worked well for the most part. If you're wanting a waterproof camera for basic stuff like pools, beaches, a little snorkeling, then it's fine. If you want something really heavy duty, then it might not work. I'll see if I can find out what kind it is and let you know.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:50 PM   #984
amandaw
DIS Veteran

I'm glad to hear they enjoyed the ship tour. That's one of the things I'm really wanting to do on our cruise. I've already told Ed that he may be on "Reid duty" while I go off for the tour.

I hope y'all have a safe & magical trip to celebrate Faith's birthday! And that everyone stays well!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:03 PM   #985
livsmom04
DIS Veteran

Just got caught up on the TR. AKL looks like its a great resort to stay at. We are heading to the world in June and have thought about upgrading where we are staying to AKL. Not so sure yet though. We will have to see budget wise if we can. Have a good time on your Mini Trip and birthday trip for Faith! What a great surprise for her.

7/96-Offsite, 5/98-Offsite, 5/10-ASM, 7/11-Pop Century, 4/12 -Pop Century, 8/12-Coronado Springs, 6/13-Coronado Springs, 6/13 AKV, 9/14 ASM

TR IN Progress-A Family Trip Full of Surprises: Updated 4/22 Epcot Day Part 1!
Old 01-26-2013, 06:01 AM   #986
Lisa29
Mouseketeer

Yay, your countdown is 1 day!!!!! You must all be so excited. Hope you have a great trip.

Five Little Ones Take the Adults - My 15 night SSR stay with DDP trip report

My Grand Villa at Bay Lake Tower pictures are HERE and HERE

I have no ticker.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #987
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Hope you are having a great trip. Let me know what you think about POR. I hope you enjoyed your stay there.

I have been really enjoying your TR. I'm not sure if I will take a cruise anytime soon, but the ship looks so beautiful. Your kids look like they are having so much fun too. Maybe when I have grandchildren to take I can talk my DH into going on the DLC.:

Your room looks so nice, a veranda looks like the way to go, and by the look of the ship compared to the others in port in the Bahama's, the DCL has many verandah's. The food looks so tasty, and for the most part I think that is what you have reported. Did you enjoy a particular restaurant more that another? I am loving your ship photos, just so interesting. I would be another crazy early riser, taking pictures all over the ship. My DH can sleep half the morning away, and that is why I go to WDW with my sister much more than my DH. My kids are all grown, but we did have a few memorable trips when they were younger.
Did you have a favorite day on the cruise? I know many people report that Castaway Cay is wonderful, so it must be nice to get to stop there twice.
Thank you again for sharing all your stories and pictures with us. You do a great trip report!
Old 01-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #988
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

That ship tour looks wonderful! Lots of great pictures. It really is too bad that you didn't get that reservation!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 01-26-2013, 02:43 PM   #989
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

I hope you are all having a magical weekend!!
Old 01-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #990
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Hi Heather! Sorry I meant missing for so long, but I'm back now and all caught up!

Your pictures are just beautiful - I feel like I have toured the dream. And your family pictures turned out amazing - I am totally thinking we should do this on the Fantasy. The photo disc costs so much, but if we could get professional family pics like that along with all the other pics, I think it might be worth it.

I cannot wait to hear about Faith's birthday trip! We are staying in one of those royal rooms in August, so I'm WAY excited to see your pictures and hear all about it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: