Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #961
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate
 
DisneyDoc5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,008

great updates! It almost looked like you were in a hurricane with the rain, minus the boat tipping!

So, regarding the hot tub, we spent a lot of time in there (mainly the kids one by the Mickey pool) after our Castaway Cay day was cancelled due to the hurricane, packed with kids, really terrible. But we kept going back and I just had to ignore my microbiology class notes telling me NOT to go into that water! I do love a hot tub, since I am always cold, so I pretend it's not gross, you should give it a try next time!
__________________
DisneyDoc5 DS15 DS12 DD9
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Beach Club

DisneyDoc5 is online now  
Old 01-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #962
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran
 
WDWaddictt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 657

Great update! What time were up? Wow it was quiet, awesome time to explore? The hot tub spas were always packed with tons of kids and some adults we never got a chance to use one on our trip. Beautiful pictures!

Have a great time on your upcoming trip! If you do a TR for it I will be reading along
__________________
Disney Family-MeDHDD(11)DS(8)
2014-AoA, 2013-AKL Kidani, 2011-FWCabins and Disney Dream Cruise, 2010-AllStar Movies, 2009-POFQ, 2008-POP
1989/90-NYE stayed offsite, 1981-Disneyland
WDWaddictt is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-19-2013, 10:41 PM   #963
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer
 
AvasMommy526's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 285

Great update! Beautiful ship photos! I am definitely going to try and get up really early one morning on our trip to watch the sunrise over MK!
I hope you guys have a wonderful birthday trip, Royal Room will be such a great surprise!!
__________________
Me- Nicole + DH DD (2) Lucy




AvasMommy526 is offline  
Old 01-20-2013, 05:06 AM   #964
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
2xcited2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,343

Love that the kids want to stay for a week and deluxe. Me too!!! I can't wait to hear about the royal room...so perfect for a princess' birthday celebration!

The ship really is gorgeous!! The pools look so small to me. I am not sure I would like being crowded in there... But I suppose there are a ton of other things to do on board. Someday i just may check it out!!!
__________________
Christine

2xcited2sleep is offline  
Old 01-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #965
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran
 
Disney9.9.10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,573

Lovely photos! It really does look like you had the ship to yourself! I enjoy walking around in the quiet like that on my trips, and of course the camera never gets left behind
__________________

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline  
Old 01-20-2013, 11:50 AM   #966
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,754

What a beautiful ship....I am getting so excited for our first time!!
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 01-20-2013, 05:36 PM   #967
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!
 
StitchIsOurHero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 8,253

Love the update!! I'm an early riser too...I can't "waste" the time sleeping!! . I will definitely have to try the early morning photo session!!

Have a blast on your trip! Happy birthday to Faith!! Can't wait to hear about the royal room!!
StitchIsOurHero is offline  
Old 01-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #968
amandaw
DIS Veteran
 
amandaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,366

Your pictures are just so lovely! I really do need to try to do an early morning tour by myself one morning. It just seems so nice and peaceful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
You're very welcome! Bill was just saying the other day that we should have tried Palo....it will be a definite on our next cruise. I'm going to be posting a few pics today of the restaurant. We did try to get a brunch ressie, but never could....always booked! Are you sticking with the late dining rotation?
I think as of right now we are going to stick with the late dining. In a couple of weekends, we are going visit my aunt and uncle who are coming on the cruise with us. We want to do some cruise talk/planning. If they're completely against the late dining, then I'll call DCL to get us waitlisted.
amandaw is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 07:37 AM   #969
hstrickland
DIS Veteran
 
hstrickland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Way Down South...
Posts: 3,205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I was totally happy staying in values. I did find that the trip changes depending on where you're staying.
You're exactly right. We are barely going to be in the room, so I didn't see paying a deluxe price. I'm quite certain that my beloved monorail will be missed....but as Bill would tell me...."get over it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
There's a nice little path connecting the resorts or you can take a boat. From the map it looked like Riverside has a water area on an island in the middle of the resort. It looked pretty cool. Unfortunately it was raining and I wasn't in the mood to get wet. I can't remember which side the royal rooms are in.
When we looked at the forecasted temperature, it appears that it's going to be cool....probably no pool for us. And I have no idea what side our room is on Can't believe I'm saying that! ...so not prepared.

Happy Packing, Pam! Not long now!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
great updates! It almost looked like you were in a hurricane with the rain, minus the boat tipping!
Oh geez...did the picture bring back nightmares, for you?? Poor y'all! It's a good thing your family doesn't get seasick. I would have been stationed in the bathroom through the entire hurricane!...no lie!


Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
So, regarding the hot tub, we spent a lot of time in there (mainly the kids one by the Mickey pool) after our Castaway Cay day was cancelled due to the hurricane, packed with kids, really terrible. But we kept going back and I just had to ignore my microbiology class notes telling me NOT to go into that water! I do love a hot tub, since I am always cold, so I pretend it's not gross, you should give it a try next time!
I'm usually not easily grossed out...the adult hot tub really wasn't bad. It was the one by the Mickey pool. Way too many small kids jumping in and out like it was the main pool. Crazy, it was!


Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
Great update! What time were up? Wow it was quiet, awesome time to explore? The hot tub spas were always packed with tons of kids and some adults we never got a chance to use one on our trip. Beautiful pictures!

Have a great time on your upcoming trip! If you do a TR for it I will be reading along
I think I was up around 6ish maybe....the sun was just coming up. Absolutely beautiful!! And as for the TR....already have my folders created on the computer. Now all I need to do is insert the pictures the many, many pictures!

Are you all packed, yet??? I'm going to get mine done today, hopefully.



Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
Great update! Beautiful ship photos! I am definitely going to try and get up really early one morning on our trip to watch the sunrise over MK!
I hope you guys have a wonderful birthday trip, Royal Room will be such a great surprise!!
Thanks! The kids are beyond excited...and me, too Even Bill has been talking about the trip. He's actually been on the DisBoards looking at all the New Fantasy Land stuff.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Love that the kids want to stay for a week and deluxe. Me too!!! I can't wait to hear about the royal room...so perfect for a princess' birthday celebration!

The ship really is gorgeous!! The pools look so small to me. I am not sure I would like being crowded in there... But I suppose there are a ton of other things to do on board. Someday i just may check it out!!!
You're right...the pool was really small. And it became even smaller when the masses of children descended upon it! Thank goodness my children can swim
...I didn't feel like I had to run after them like some of the other poor parents with tiny children. I would have gone mad



Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Lovely photos! It really does look like you had the ship to yourself! I enjoy walking around in the quiet like that on my trips, and of course the camera never gets left behind
Can't imagine a trip without my camera!! It just wouldn't be a trip at all!! It's funny to watch my DBIL when the camera comes out....he's not use to our millions of pictures. I know he got irriated with us My children don't know any other way. You know it's bad when the kids say..."mom, did you get a picture of our food? Can we eat now??"



Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
What a beautiful ship....I am getting so excited for our first time!!
I bet your girls will absolutely love it!! Especially the kid's club!!! Are yall doing early or late dining?



Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero View Post
Love the update!! I'm an early riser too...I can't "waste" the time sleeping!! . I will definitely have to try the early morning photo session!!

Have a blast on your trip! Happy birthday to Faith!! Can't wait to hear about the royal room!!
Thanks a million! And you sound just like Bill....he doesn't like to "waste time sleeping" either It's a good thing, I guess. My travel plans wouldn't exactly work with a "late riser".


Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Your pictures are just so lovely! I really do need to try to do an early morning tour by myself one morning. It just seems so nice and peaceful.
You do! It's therapeutic, and a great way to start the day.


Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I think as of right now we are going to stick with the late dining. In a couple of weekends, we are going visit my aunt and uncle who are coming on the cruise with us. We want to do some cruise talk/planning. If they're completely against the late dining, then I'll call DCL to get us waitlisted.
Either way, it will be fine....seriously.
__________________
2014 FW & WL CL Trip Report
Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground InformationThread

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 10:02 AM   #970
jwwi
DIS Veteran
 
jwwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,672

I am partially through your TR, late to the report, but I am really enjoying it. You have some great pictures and stories about the AKL. It might take some time, but I will make it through your report.
I also wanted to give you some tips on POR. My favorite moderate. I have not stayed in the royal rooms, they look so pretty, I'm sure Faith will love it. If you are not too tired when you check in on Friday night, stop in the bar area. Bob should be playing, he is so much fun, a family friendly show for sure. We have been staying in some of the DVC properties on our most recent vacations, so we have not been staying at POR as frequently, but we always drive over to watch Bob play. It might be a good way for your kids to burn off some energy after being in the car for a few hours.
The boat ride to DTD is so nice, but don't make the mistake of taking the bus back to the resort. The bus stops so many times as it makes it's way through DTD. It really can be a long ride, so make sure you wait for the boat to take you back. The grounds are so pretty, if you have time try to take a walk over to the alligator bayou side too.
Have fun, can't wait to see your pictures.
__________________
Next trip??
jwwi is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #971
shan23877
I make lists about my lists
 
shan23877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,301

Love all of the beautiful photos of the ship. I swear yours are better and more than the ones on Disney's website!

Can't wait to hear all about Faith's surprise birthday trip! The Royal Rooms were on my radar for a while-until DH got involved. . We LOVED POFQ. Never did make it over to Riverside, but I can't imagine that it's not just as lovely. Have a great time!
shan23877 is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #972
hstrickland
DIS Veteran
 
hstrickland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Way Down South...
Posts: 3,205

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
I am partially through your TR, late to the report, but I am really enjoying it. You have some great pictures and stories about the AKL. It might take some time, but I will make it through your report.
Thanks a million! We had a blast at AKL....great resort with tons to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
I also wanted to give you some tips on POR. My favorite moderate. I have not stayed in the royal rooms, they look so pretty, I'm sure Faith will love it. If you are not too tired when you check in on Friday night, stop in the bar area. Bob should be playing, he is so much fun, a family friendly show for sure. We have been staying in some of the DVC properties on our most recent vacations, so we have not been staying at POR as frequently, but we always drive over to watch Bob play. It might be a good way for your kids to burn off some energy after being in the car for a few hours.
That sounds like a plan for sure!!! We should be arriving around 8ish...I'm guessing he'll still be playing?? I think the kids will enjoy...I'll have Bill hop on the DisBoards tonight and check it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
The boat ride to DTD is so nice, but don't make the mistake of taking the bus back to the resort. The bus stops so many times as it makes it's way through DTD. It really can be a long ride, so make sure you wait for the boat to take you back. The grounds are so pretty, if you have time try to take a walk over to the alligator bayou side too.
Have fun, can't wait to see your pictures.
The boat is a definite I'm looking forward to the scenic ride. Thanks for the tip about the bus....that was an option for us. But not now I have a feeling that I will be up at the crack of dawn to get some photographs. I'll make my way over to Alligator Bayou for sure. Can't wait to check out this resort.

Thanks so much for all of the information!!




Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Love all of the beautiful photos of the ship. I swear yours are better and more than the ones on Disney's website!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Can't wait to hear all about Faith's surprise birthday trip! The Royal Rooms were on my radar for a while-until DH got involved. . We LOVED POFQ. Never did make it over to Riverside, but I can't imagine that it's not just as lovely. Have a great time!
The kids are beyond excited, and they don't know where we are staying. Hopefully the boys won't be too disappointed We're going over to the French Quarters on Sunday morning for breakfast...going to meet up with another Diser (SueM) Looking forward to checking out that resort, too.
__________________
2014 FW & WL CL Trip Report
Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground InformationThread

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline  
Old 01-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #973
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,196

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
You're exactly right. We are barely going to be in the room, so I didn't see paying a deluxe price. I'm quite certain that my beloved monorail will be missed....but as Bill would tell me...."get over it."
.
Sounds like my DH "Be happy we are going to Disney" And as much as HRH and crew love the snack room..we do not eat anything there I've been given a pretty low budget for our vacation...which means ch-ch-changes afoot...so I have to be smart (which is so darn hard) Royal Room will ROCK!!! No worries Heather!!!!

And I at taking the kiddos to breakfast alone. I took the girls to Disney alone, and as awesome as it was...I had many momoents that were just
__________________

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 01-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #974
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,754

Just popping in to say I hope you have a wonderful weekend trip!! I bet Faith will be so excited!
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 08:02 AM   #975
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,333

Have a fabulous trip! Can't wait to hear all about it Happy Birthday to Faith!
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: