Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 11:56 PM   #931
princessamie
Earning My Ears

Yeah!

Oh my goodness Heather! I've got Disney fever so bad I've spent most of my Christmas vacation researching and running the numbers on several options using my pin code! We've toyed with December, September, and now June dates! (See the trend here!) Tonight though we decided on the Royal rooms in June. I'm ready to book it but Daymon says lets wait a day to make sure schedules with grad school and budgets will work out just so before I jump the gun! So I decided to return to your trip reports to satisfy my Disney needs until I book (hopefully tomorrow!) To my surprise, it looks like the Royal rooms were on your mind as well! Great minds think alike! I'm giddy with excitement!
Old 01-05-2013, 12:58 PM   #932
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
I'm just a little excited....
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo cool Faith will LOVE it

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #933
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessamie View Post
Oh my goodness Heather! I've got Disney fever so bad I've spent most of my Christmas vacation researching and running the numbers on several options using my pin code! We've toyed with December, September, and now June dates! (See the trend here!) Tonight though we decided on the Royal rooms in June. I'm ready to book it but Daymon says lets wait a day to make sure schedules with grad school and budgets will work out just so before I jump the gun! So I decided to return to your trip reports to satisfy my Disney needs until I book (hopefully tomorrow!) To my surprise, it looks like the Royal rooms were on your mind as well! Great minds think alike! I'm giddy with excitement!
Hey there!! Good to "see" you! I saw your FB post... Disney Fever... I so know the feeling! I thought it would be quite some time before we went back, but fortunately Bill had other ideas Of course it's a super short trip, but who cares?! MK is my favorite park and that's where we'll be going. I'll get plenty of pictures of POR...no worries Hopefully you'll get that room booked. Let me know what you decide

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo cool Faith will LOVE it

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
Old 01-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #934
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Character Meets

Day 7
After Dinner with the Characters

After our escapades at dinner, we ventured into the atrium where lots of characters were waiting for anxious children. Even though the ship holds 4000 people, it never seemed to be too chaotic when they were out greeting families.

The kids first spotted Ariel, so we jumped in a short line. Ivy was up first and was a bit mesmerized by Ariel ….I’m not sure she knew quite what to make of the characters.

Jesse, on the other hand, continuously asked question after random question

Goofy was located down in the middle of the atrium area. We couldn’t miss him….nor could anyone else miss him for that matter! I’ve seen this character act crazy, but I’ve never seen Goofy act like this ….he was out of control. He literally had me laughing out loud.

When Goofy’s “helper” was trying to get him under control, he just kept falling down and rolling around on the floor!....No lie!

Ivy and Jonah finally made it to the front of the line to see Goofy, and he was still acting like a lunatic (in a funny way). The kids thought it was the best thing ever…and me, too (for the most part) …..the more it continued, the more I wondered if Goofy hadn’t been hitting the bottle before show time???

He spent a huge amount of time with the kids. His assistant finally told him he had to move things along.

Several of the characters were located on the deck above, so we hurried upstairs to get in line. At some point we lost Bill, but located him down below…..not sure exactly what he is trying to say????

Bill wanted to get in on the character action when he saw Snow White….as did Stephen and Pop

The last characters for the evening were…..

I’m really very surprised that the children were still awake after a very long day.

Finally, it was time to head back to the staterooms….I was exhausted to say the least.

Up next….a day at sea and some early morning photos!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
Old 01-05-2013, 04:02 PM   #935
Lisa29
Mouseketeer

Yay for a new super short countdown! Great character pics, I was going to question whether Goofy had partaken in some adult beverages before his shift!

Five Little Ones Take the Adults - My 15 night SSR stay with DDP trip report

My Grand Villa at Bay Lake Tower pictures are HERE and HERE

I have no ticker.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #936
nannye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
....shocker

GOOD NEWS! GOOD NEWS!!! Check out my ticker!!! 21 days until we head to the MK!!!

Bill is such a sweetheart....believe it or not, this was his idea to surprise Faith for her birthday. I wanted to take her to Atlanta and do the American Girl Hotel package...he says "Why don't we just go to WDW for the weekend?" ....I couldn't get on the computer fast enough to price out rooms

Port Orleans, Royal Guest room is what I booked. Bill had a 30% off pin code....why let it go to waste

You are going to love it!!!!!! We stayed in a royal room last July and they are fabulous! the little touches are awesome! Port Orleans Riverside is my fave resort after staying there. It really just feels like home!

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #937
nannye
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=hstrickland;47081851] You must have read my

The boys will be in tow, also! They wouldn't miss it and would be furious with us if we took Faith and not them Last year when we went to the American Girl restaurant and ate lunch, they were really good sports and actually enjoyed it for their sister.

/QUOTE]

Are you guys getting 2 rooms then? Maybe that is answered further on. There is a max of 4 for the royal rooms

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 06:48 AM   #938
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Yay for a new super short countdown! Great character pics, I was going to question whether Goofy had partaken in some adult beverages before his shift!
No kidding! While it was quite comical, I still wonder what in the heck was going on with him??!! This is why my husband really needs to invest in a video camera ...so I can catch all of this nonsense on tape!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
You are going to love it!!!!!! We stayed in a royal room last July and they are fabulous! the little touches are awesome! Port Orleans Riverside is my fave resort after staying there. It really just feels like home!
Glad to hear the positives about POR I'm going to have to drop by your TR and check out the Royal Rooms....can't wait to see for myself!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
Are you guys getting 2 rooms then? Maybe that is answered further on. There is a max of 4 for the royal rooms
Nope...just one room. Jesse will most likely be in his sleeping bag on the floor. We usually stay in a deluxe resort for this very reason...not enough room. Or, when my parents go we get 2 rooms. Thought about FW cabins (love them) but we wanted to try something differnt. I would never attempt to do a long trip like this, but for 2 nights I think we can manage

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 01-06-2013, 10:18 AM   #939
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

OMG! Sooooo excited that you have an upcoming trip. Truth be told, I was a bit concerned about how you would make it so long without another trip. Glad Bill has rectified the situation and what a special birthday treat. Fingers crossed for another TR... I know they are time consuming and a ton of work but I really love them.

Back to the cruise...

Looks like a perfect anniversary dinner. You totally lucked out on your table location. I am cracking up imagining the kids antics with their hats.

Bummer your entree was a dud.

Tons of great character interaction! Wow!!

Old 01-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #940
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
OMG! Sooooo excited that you have an upcoming trip. Truth be told, I was a bit concerned about how you would make it so long without another trip. Glad Bill has rectified the situation and what a special birthday treat. Fingers crossed for another TR... I know they are time consuming and a ton of work but I really love them.
Thanks for your concern. Fortunately Bill has saved the day I'm planning on a mini TR....just can't help myself, ya know. Definitely a full report of POR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Back to the cruise...

Looks like a perfect anniversary dinner. You totally lucked out on your table location. I am cracking up imagining the kids antics with their hats.

Bummer your entree was a dud.

Tons of great character interaction! Wow!!
The entree wasn't good, however the appetizer and dessert made up for it....and the great service. Most of the characters were really good for the exception of Belle...not sure what was going on with her. She was just kinda blah.

Hope you're staying warm!!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 01-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #941
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

Love the character update! One of the things DS is most excited about is that there are actually characters on the ship!

And HOLY COW!! Less than 3 weeks? That's great! Can't wait to read about the Royal Rooms!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:55 PM   #942
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Yay, another update goofy does look in his cups, lol!

I've stalled on my packing, lol. Have to figure out bottom, shoes and purses! Well, my friend who is meeting me down there is bringing 3,Lesportsac 1 of which is the Disney Small World pattern she bought on my behalf. You guys get good deals on the US web site, not avail for shipping to Canada!

I guess a couple pr long shorts, some capris, some long pants. Winter in Florida is so hard to pack for

Christmas break is over, back to work tomorrow. Sigh
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 01-07-2013, 08:29 AM   #943
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Great update Heather! Love all the character photos! I love that they have so many available to meet on the ships. You know that's important to some in my family.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #944
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

all caught up!!! Great updates Heather, wonderful pics too! I am quite jelly of all the pics of your family with characters, my crew just would NOT stand in picture lines.

So, hi to all of you following Heather's thread. I have been MIA on the boards for awhile. We did the Fantasy cruise the end of October and ended in Hurricane Sandy which was a very difficult and scary experience for us. Other than the last 24 hours, we had a great cruise, but it's taken me a bit to 'engage' the boards again. Needless to say we used the 25% off discount Disney gave us to re-book a future cruise - something about falling off a horse and getting back on again!

Next cruise....
1. NOT during hurricane season!
2. Mandatory family pictures with characters!

Thanks for your patience Heather! Magical wishes to you all! Erin
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge
Old 01-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #945
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Quote:
....shocker

GOOD NEWS! GOOD NEWS!!! Check out my ticker!!! 21 days until we head to the MK!!!

Bill is such a sweetheart....believe it or not, this was his idea to surprise Faith for her birthday. I wanted to take her to Atlanta and do the American Girl Hotel package...he says "Why don't we just go to WDW for the weekend?" ....I couldn't get on the computer fast enough to price out rooms

Port Orleans, Royal Guest room is what I booked. Bill had a 30% off pin code....why let it go to waste

POR is one of our FAVORITE resorts - even comparing with deluxes! I LOVE the Disney vibe here! Make sure to enjoy the resorts photo threads for POR, it's a great place to photograph and there are tons of good pics to get you excited - I look at it all the time!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....730158&page=87
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: