Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #871
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Don't miss the previous post...this is a continuation!

Notice MaHopie’s pose ….let me assure you that she doesn’t do this on purpose when taking pictures. The photographer told her to stand like this…Bill and I have a shot with this same stance …but it looks too silly to post

We spotted Belle outside of the theatre. She wasn’t our favorite Belle…not much personality at all.

The next string of events are somewhat comical in my opinion….only because the joke wasn’t on me ….

Long story short, the kids wanted to see Brave 3D. MaHopie and I took the kids into the theatre but couldn’t find enough seats together for all of us…the place was packed! So, I tried to call Stephanie and Pop to let them know….they didn’t answer (not my fault!)

So…the kids said “we want to go to the Oceanears Club!!” Good with us! Let’s go! We took them, dropped them off, and went back downstairs to find the others.

While MaHopie went to the theatre to find Stephanie and Pop (she did try), I sat down to enjoy a drink…(what else was I to do )

I believe I started with this Martini….

MaHopie came back and said there was no sign of them anywhere in the theatre…they still were not answering their phones! (again, not my fault)

So, while we waited a bit more, someone ordered this….and MaHopie went to check once again.

No sightings of the other two!

Since there was an obvious lack of communication, four of us (Bill, Sean, MaHopie and myself) were able to enjoy some kid free time at the ship’s local watering hole….

The bartender was terrific!

We asked…and she supplied….

We kept wondering if Pop and Stephanie would ever show up….and they did….an hour and a half later!! Bless their hearts…they sat through the entire movie WITHOUT kids. They assumed we were in the movie theatre, too. HA! Sorry bout’ that….

After we all had a good laugh (some of us weren't laughing), it was time to retrieve the children and head to dinner! Check out the weather through the window…not good.

Up next…dinner at the Royal Palace

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP

Last edited by hstrickland; 11-23-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:16 PM   #872
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Love the pictures! They take such wonderful pictures!

Beautiful family!

I would agree, not you fault...funny but not your fault!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #873
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Your family photos turned out great! I think that they did really well for 11 people!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 11-23-2012, 06:29 PM   #874
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Great updates! Looks like you didn't let the less then perfect weather dampen your trip. The ship sure is beautiful. Making me want to go on a Disney Cruise.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 11-23-2012, 08:28 PM   #875
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Love all the family pictures, they turned out fabulously.

I do see the humor in the situation, but did they not enjoy the movie?

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Old 11-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #876
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Great pictures Heather...that is a cute pose on your mom!

Hi Pinkocto!!
Old 11-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #877
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
You're welcome! Your cruise on the Wonder will be here soon. Where does the ship go? And before that, you're off to OKW??!!! You're like the eternal traveler, Pam Sounds like a great life to me!!!
Oh yes, I'm so excited. OKW in 12 days then Christmas then the cruise. I have a horrible habit of spoiling myself rotten. And now with DVC its even worse, I can't control myself. I am constantly thinking about vacation and plotting how I can take another one.

Quote:
I finally finished reading your TR last night. Faith sat with me for some time looking at all the pictures, too. Then she tells me to read the words to her. Then starts asking 1000 questions! She's exhausting Now she really wants to visit the new Fantasy Land!
That's so cute! Good quality time They really outdid themselves in the areas that are open and I can't wait to see the other parts. I really want to see the 7 Drawfs Mine ride but that won't be open until 2014. Can I hear a drum roll for another trip

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Old 11-24-2012, 07:51 AM   #878
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
Love the pictures! They take such wonderful pictures!

Beautiful family!

I would agree, not you fault...funny but not your fault!
Thanks! We've been very blessed with a loving family. We have lots of fun together. However, that being said, I doubt my sister would enjoy one of my WDW trips....I'm up at the crack of dawn on vacations....she likes to relax (like most people) hence the word vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Your family photos turned out great! I think that they did really well for 11 people!
Thanks! I just realized that you're leaving for WDW in TWO WEEKS!! And your signature says "girls trip"! Where will yall be staying?? Are you doing MVMCP? One day we're going to take the kids there during Christmas...Disney is so beautiful during this time of year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Great updates! Looks like you didn't let the less then perfect weather dampen your trip. The ship sure is beautiful. Making me want to go on a Disney Cruise.
The weather really didn't affect us at all. Suprisingly enough, the water wasn't rough. If it had been, I probably would have been sea sick That's always a big fear of mine on a cruise! Of course I've said this 100 times, but yall should try a cruise. If I told Bill we were going on a cruise instead of going to WDW, he would love it!! Too bad that's not gonna happen

Have you added any more days to your Disney trip?? Like I always say...what's one more day????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Love all the family pictures, they turned out fabulously.

I do see the humor in the situation, but did they not enjoy the movie?
Well....because the movie was in 3D, they said it gave them a headache. And while it was good, it's not something they would have gone to see without children. I'm thinking they would have much rather been with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Great pictures Heather...that is a cute pose on your mom!

Hi Pinkocto!!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Oh yes, I'm so excited. OKW in 12 days then Christmas then the cruise. I have a horrible habit of spoiling myself rotten. And now with DVC its even worse, I can't control myself. I am constantly thinking about vacation and plotting how I can take another one.
Why not??!! Right??! Ya only live once! I think it's awesome that you travel so much. Wish we could do the same, but with 3 children our vacations become quite expensive. Since you can go during the value season at WDW, I bet you get your money's worth with your DVC points.

Quote:
That's so cute! Good quality time They really outdid themselves in the areas that are open and I can't wait to see the other parts. I really want to see the 7 Drawfs Mine ride but that won't be open until 2014. Can I hear a drum roll for another trip
I'm so surprised you're already planning another trip in for 2014! That's when we are definitely going back with my parents...staying in a villa of some sort...hopefully BWV or BCV. I completely forgot about the SnowWhite ride. Faith will love that area! I would like to sneak in a mini trip before then, but not sure it's going to happen. We're taking the family to Cancun in June (our big vacation for the year). Bill's excited about that trip because he'll be able to fish.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 11-24-2012, 09:06 PM   #879
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi Pinkocto!!
Hi hope life is treating you well!

Old 11-24-2012, 09:24 PM   #880
pas130
DIS Veteran

Digging the photobomb The family pics turned out great!!! Bet MaHopie and Pop are loving having a pic with all the Grandbabies

I think the cocktails were a great way to chillax.....it's EXACTLY what I would do
Old 11-24-2012, 09:24 PM   #881
Pinkocto

Quote:
Well....because the movie was in 3D, they said it gave them a headache. And while it was good, it's not something they would have gone to see without children. I'm thinking they would have much rather been with us
Now they have a good funny vacation story I guess I'm a big kid at heart, love all those movies. I have a friend that gets headaches in 3D movies as well.

Quote:
Why not??!! Right??! Ya only live once! I think it's awesome that you travel so much. Wish we could do the same, but with 3 children our vacations become quite expensive. Since you can go during the value season at WDW, I bet you get your money's worth with your DVC points.
I can just imagine. Airfare alone is probably a small fortune.

I've always loved traveling, love seeing new places and going on adventures.

Quote:

I'm so surprised you're already planning another trip in for 2014! That's when we are definitely going back with my parents...staying in a villa of some sort...hopefully BWV or BCV. I completely forgot about the SnowWhite ride. Faith will love that area! I would like to sneak in a mini trip before then, but not sure it's going to happen. We're taking the family to Cancun in June (our big vacation for the year). Bill's excited about that trip because he'll be able to fish.
Oooohhh Cancun! Very nice. Have you been before? There's so much to see down there.

Of course I'm planning another trip, I'm caught in a never ending planning mode.

Have you decided on BWV or BCV? or are you still deciding?

Old 11-24-2012, 10:37 PM   #882
Sweetpeamd
Mouseketeer

Great update Heather! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

I just love your family portraits. I'm really impressed! Everyone looks great! I can't imagine how all of the kids cooperated so well. Hmmmm, maybe your kids are used to having their photos taken???

[COLOR="Magenta"]1977-2007 Off Property Visits [COLOR="Lime"]2008 Beach Club [COLOR="Magenta"]2009 Beach Club [COLOR="Lime"]2010 Beach Club Villas[COLOR="Magenta"] 2010 Saratoga Springs 2011 Saratoga Springs2011 BLT 2012 OKW 2012 BLT

Me DH DS12
DD10 DS8 DD6
Old 11-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #883
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Yep...it seems like they all of a sudden transform over night. Once she stops taking naps, then you'll really see a difference. And the day she goes to school........I'll stop there

We had a great Thanksgiving! Hope you did, too. It's always nice to be with family and friends.
Oh I am in denial about the years to come I just tell her to stay small for a little while

Beautiful, beautiful family photos! I had no idea they did portraits on the ship, how awesome!

Old 11-25-2012, 08:59 PM   #884
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The weather really didn't affect us at all. Suprisingly enough, the water wasn't rough. If it had been, I probably would have been sea sick That's always a big fear of mine on a cruise! Of course I've said this 100 times, but yall should try a cruise. If I told Bill we were going on a cruise instead of going to WDW, he would love it!! Too bad that's not gonna happen

Have you added any more days to your Disney trip?? Like I always say...what's one more day????

Not yet! I had booked YC with the Magical Vacations special. It was only for certain dates, and she checked, can't add on extra it's too early,, so may just wait till after our Jan trip or see what kind of BB we get in January for August. and see what kind of discounts wdw is offering for summer/fall.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 11-26-2012, 11:51 AM   #885
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Trying to catch up after a long weekend!

All of your ship pictures are beautiful! And those family photos really turned out fantastic. I loved them all!

That's so great that the kids got to meet characters, hang out in the kids club and y'all got some drinks all before dinner. Although that is too funny about the movie! You have me thinking the late dining may work well after all!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: