Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 07:10 PM   #856
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Continued from the previous post...

Bill and I peered into several of the bar areas. Did we get a chance to experience the Night Life on the Dream?.......No ….but that’s okay. Our children take precedence.

The clubs looked really cool and totally inviting….

This was probably my favorite décor…not Bill’s I'm guessing the name doesn't work for him.

Next up…..

This is more Bill’s speed….

This is one of the clubs that I actually wanted to visit…..

The skyline scene behind the bar changes to different cities.

Would you believe we actually went to the kid’s club and grabbed the children? We wanted to do this activity as a family...

It really was fun and a great family activity! Just be prepared to walk a big portion of the ship.

Up next….some pre-dinner activities…..

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP

Last edited by hstrickland; 11-21-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:40 PM   #857
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Thank you for your review. It brings back the memories of being of the ship. When we toured the boat I made my DH have a drink with me at Pink. It was a great experience! The detective game was fun. So many things to do on the Dream. So much fun! I would go back in a heart beat.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2012, 07:59 PM   #858
Yellowbellow
Pirate Veteran

Stephanie snapped this shot of a fun-loving couple sitting next to the pool…..

So what else are the GrandParents to do while you & Bill are wondering around the ship and Stephanie & Sean are relaxing. We were watching 4 very active and excited kids. But that is what we enjoy doing.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:15 PM   #859
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbellow View Post

So what else are the GrandParents to do while you & Bill are wondering around the ship and Stephanie & Sean are relaxing. We were watching 4 very active and excited kids. But that is what we enjoy doing.
How soon you forget ...our kiddos were in the Oceanears Club...I'm guessing Stephen was at The Edge

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 11-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #860
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
Thank you for your review. It brings back the memories of being of the ship. When we toured the boat I made my DH have a drink with me at Pink. It was a great experience! The detective game was fun. So many things to do on the Dream. So much fun! I would go back in a heart beat.
You're right...sooooo many things to do on the ship. We actually needed two weeks on board to get everything done!! Crazy, isn't it?!

Yall only have 2 months until your AKL trip! Are you excited, yet??!! Since you're staying in a villa, will you eat in the room more often or in the restaurants?

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 11-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #861
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland

You're right...sooooo many things to do on the ship. We actually needed two weeks on board to get everything done!! Crazy, isn't it?!

Yall only have 2 months until your AKL trip! Are you excited, yet??!! Since you're staying in a villa, will you eat in the room more often or in the restaurants?
I am so excited I can barely stand it..haha. We still haven't told the kids, so I am very excited about that as well. I am reading some more info about AKL and everyone can't say enough good things about this resort. Soo excited!!

We probably won't be eating in the room, except for maybe some snacks. I don't like to cook on vacation.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:40 PM   #862
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
I am so excited I can barely stand it..haha. We still haven't told the kids, so I am very excited about that as well. I am reading some more info about AKL and everyone can't say enough good things about this resort. Soo excited!!

We probably won't be eating in the room, except for maybe some snacks. I don't like to cook on vacation.
Me either!! It defeats the purpose of vacation

"Not" telling the kids is an awesome idea!! We did it once a couple of years ago. We didn't say a word until we got in the car....they looked at both of us like we had two heads. Not sure they believed us Good luck with keeping the secret!

If you have time on your vacation, try the Cultural Safari at night. They may do it at the Villas, too. My kids really enjoyed listening to the young man and looking at all the pictures.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 11-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #863
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Hi! Not sure if you remember me, but I followed your 2011 TR. I haven't been on the boards since, so I am joining this one quite late! But I really enjoyed your TR's, you take really nice pictures. We stayed at AKL last August and loved it!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 11-22-2012, 06:43 AM   #864
Lisa29
Mouseketeer

The ship looks amazing in your photos.

After next year, unless we come into money(!), we will be going again in 2016 and I am definitely adding a 4 day cruise into the trip! My DH really wants to do one too so it is just a case of having enough money.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:36 AM   #865
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all my DisFriends!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Hi! Not sure if you remember me, but I followed your 2011 TR. I haven't been on the boards since, so I am joining this one quite late! But I really enjoyed your TR's, you take really nice pictures. We stayed at AKL last August and loved it!
Hi there and welcome....again!!! So glad you made it back to the TR threads!! And thanks for the compliment; however, I can't take full credit...some pics are Pop's....then a good camera and slight edits on Photobucket tend to help, also

And yes...AKL is awesome, isn't it?! I only wish it was a bit closer to my favorite park, MK. I know I've said this a 1000 times, but the cast members there are probably the friendliest we've encountered while on Disney property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
The ship looks amazing in your photos.

After next year, unless we come into money(!), we will be going again in 2016 and I am definitely adding a 4 day cruise into the trip! My DH really wants to do one too so it is just a case of having enough money.
If you come into a large sum...send some our way !!! My kids just asked us the other day..."when are we going to WDW again??!!" They are about to die to see the new Fantasy Land....of course I am, too Do you think you'll do the cruise before or after WDW?? I've heard some say go before and visa versa. Guess it just depends on your travel style.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 11-22-2012, 09:36 AM   #866
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Heather, thanks for all the gorgeous pictures I can't wait to cruise again and you're making me want to be back right now!

Happy Thanksgiving!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Old 11-22-2012, 05:09 PM   #867
pas130
DIS Veteran

Happy Thanksgiving Heather!!
Old 11-22-2012, 09:58 PM   #868
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
It was kinda bitter-sweet...while I was totally happy that Stephen was having a blast at The Edge, it was kinda sad that he's not a little kid anymore They really grow up too fast. Enjoy your time with your little one. Jesse and Faith are both moving away from some of the shows on Disney Jr. This morning I asked Jesse if he wanted to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and he politely replied..."Mom, you ask me that every day...noooooo." I keep hoping he's changed his mind
Oh my gosh, I am sure! Haha, Jesse sounds like he is a fun kid! You want them to stay your babies forever!! I cannot believe how fast just 18 mths has flown by and how she more like a little girl than a baby. Im proud, excited and sad all at once I can't imagine when she's 12!!!!
I love, love these pictures! Such a beautiful ship! And it looks like there is a lot to do! The Mickey Detective looks like so much fun! Hope you had a greats Thanksgiving!

Old 11-23-2012, 06:47 AM   #869
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Heather, thanks for all the gorgeous pictures I can't wait to cruise again and you're making me want to be back right now!

Happy Thanksgiving!

You're welcome! Your cruise on the Wonder will be here soon. Where does the ship go? And before that, you're off to OKW??!!! You're like the eternal traveler, Pam Sounds like a great life to me!!!

I finally finished reading your TR last night. Faith sat with me for some time looking at all the pictures, too. Then she tells me to read the words to her. Then starts asking 1000 questions! She's exhausting Now she really wants to visit the new Fantasy Land!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving Heather!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
Oh my gosh, I am sure! Haha, Jesse sounds like he is a fun kid! You want them to stay your babies forever!! I cannot believe how fast just 18 mths has flown by and how she more like a little girl than a baby. Im proud, excited and sad all at once I can't imagine when she's 12!!!!
Yep...it seems like they all of a sudden transform over night. Once she stops taking naps, then you'll really see a difference. And the day she goes to school........I'll stop there

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
I love, love these pictures! Such a beautiful ship! And it looks like there is a lot to do! The Mickey Detective looks like so much fun! Hope you had a greats Thanksgiving!
We had a great Thanksgiving! Hope you did, too. It's always nice to be with family and friends.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 11-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #870
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Day 7
Pre-Dinner Fun

!!WARNING!!….getting ready to bombard you with family photos!!

Before we even set sail, MaHopie and I decided that we needed to get family photos while on the cruise. You cannot book an appointment online or while onboard….you just have to show up. The photography sessions open promptly at 5pm in the Atrium….and ya better believe I was first in line (shocker, right?)

While the photographer was setting up, the kids spotted some of the princesses, and guess what…the lines were not long at all!! If any of you remember from my previous TRs, Jesse absolutely loves the princesses. Not exactly sure what he was saying to Tianna…. I didn’t ask…

It was really sweet to watch Ivy interact with the princesses The cruise was her first Disney experience, so she wasn’t quite sure what to make of characters….she just kinda stared at them. I would love to know what was going through her little mind.

Well….it’s finally time for our photo shoot! I’m so hoping that it goes well. With 5 children and 6 adults, things could get sketchy

Luckily, this guy was super patient….can’t say the same for Bill. Jesse was doing a superb job of pushing it to the limit!

So now for the final product…….

And the entire family….with 11 people to photograph, I think the picture turned out quite well.

It didn’t take long at all for the photo session, so we had plenty of time for more character interaction. Chip n’ Dale were just making an appearance, and we were first in line for pictures. Chip immediately took Jesse by the hand. These characters were awesome and spent a ton of time with my children.

We finally had to tell Jesse and Faith it was time to move on…they were becoming character hogs, and the people behind us were getting irritated (with just cause) .

Continued to next post….

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: