Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #841
Lisa29
Mouseketeer

Great updates as usual.

My parents and sister went to see Atlantis during their cruise a couple of months ago. They were not impressed at all. They didn't feel safe after leaving the Dream and were done looking round Atlantis after 30 minutes. We have all become 'Disney snobs', nothing really compares to their level of detail, friendliness, cleanliness - basically everything they do is 10 out of 10!

The also stayed at Boardwalk and loved it. They loved the whole area and being so close to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

Five Little Ones Take the Adults - My 15 night SSR stay with DDP trip report

My Grand Villa at Bay Lake Tower pictures are HERE and HERE

I have no ticker.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:59 PM   #842
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Hi Heather! Sorry I’ve been MIA so long!

I love the pool pics while everyone is off the ship. I am seriously considering staying on the ship at all ports in August. And the glass bottom boat isn’t swaying me away from that idea!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #843
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Just read your report today (thanks for the links) and it seems like a great trip both on land and at sea.

The DREAM looks like it truly is one.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #844
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpeamd View Post
Our tour of the New Fantasyland was unforgettable. We walked up to the entrance, hoping to go in and quickly saw the sign that said No Dress Rehearsals today. Before I even had a chance to be sad, a cast member came up to my 6 yr old daughter and told her she would give her a big surprise if my girl could guess her favorite princess. My DD guessed correctly and our surprise was we were able to enter the New Fantasyland!!!! We experienced the entire land with no waits at all. I will never forget that day! It is so beautiful! We were even able to have lunch at Be Our Guest! It was a great day.
That really is unbelievable!! Truly some Disney Magic for your family....I would have been teary eyed the whole way through I bet you made TONS of pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
All caught up! You are really selling the cruise experience... glass bottom boat trip not withstanding. Sorry that wasn't more magical.

LOVE the picture of Jesse with Captain Hook. So cute!
Yall should try it....they have one that leaves out of New York. You wouldn't even have to travel that far to get to the ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
I loved Atlantis!!! So beautiful!

Go Stephen!! That's awesome! I love chili especially on cold day!! A hayride sounds like a great time, and better than walking around in the cold Ava is still small so we just took her to visit my grandma and to the neighbors and then everyone else came to see her at home while we passed out candy! She was the cutest Minnie Mouse I've ever seen!
I bet she was precious! Minnie Mouse is probably my favorite character. Next year at Halloween, Ava will be a great age for trick-o-treating...maybe she can be one of the princesses How cute would that be?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
What is Disney Cruise Line's change policy
hmmmm.....ya might be in trouble there. Of course I did make room changes twice but not dates.

Quote:
I extend the invite to amanda...your turn..we just started a new RC thread and we miss you
You're so sweet....maybe I'll make a guest appearance over there I'm off all week, so I'm hoping to catch up on the threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Great updates as usual.

My parents and sister went to see Atlantis during their cruise a couple of months ago. They were not impressed at all. They didn't feel safe after leaving the Dream and were done looking round Atlantis after 30 minutes. We have all become 'Disney snobs', nothing really compares to their level of detail, friendliness, cleanliness - basically everything they do is 10 out of 10!
Welcome to the club! Bill and I were just talking about the way Disney does things. The cleanliness is such a huge factor for us. I've never been anywhere at WDW or on the cruise that was dirty. You really can't beat a Disney vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
They also stayed at Boardwalk and loved it. They loved the whole area and being so close to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.
Thanks for the positives about BWI! I'll be second guessing myself from now until we go

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Hi Heather! Sorry I’ve been MIA so long!

I love the pool pics while everyone is off the ship. I am seriously considering staying on the ship at all ports in August. And the glass bottom boat isn’t swaying me away from that idea!
You, MIA??!! What about me?!! I totally have to get back in the groove this week on the boards. Lots of catching up to do for sure. What ports will yall be going to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Just read your report today (thanks for the links) and it seems like a great trip both on land and at sea.

The DREAM looks like it truly is one.
You're very welcome! The Dream was fabulous...no doubt about that!!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
Old 11-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #845
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Day 7
Venturing Round’ the Dream

After dropping off the kids at the Oceanears Club, Bill and I made a beeline to Cabanas for a bite to eat…as usual, the food was plentiful and quite yummy.

A little sushi to get us started….

We were so wanting to check out the “adult” section of the Dream, but on our way we got a little sidetracked…the ice cream station would not let us pass by without a taste. One of the small pleasures while onboard….FREE ICE CREAM any time!....ok…well not exactly free, but you get the point.

This is also offered ….for a small price, though.

Time to find some kid free space! Don’t ya just love this sign??!! We are now moving into the ADULT ZONE!!!!

The ship really was quite empty for the most part; so empty that we snagged this lounge for two in the adult area.

This area of the boat was really quite cozy. I didn’t make it over here much, but the few times I did, the crowds were extremely low. See….no people.

If you’re wanting something hot, or just simply love coffee like me, try the ….

While inside, you’ll forget that you’re on a kid friendly ship….no children allowed here!

After 4 purchases, you’ll get the 5th coffee free. They’ll give you a card on your first visit…just keep up with it.

We finally decided to make our way up to the next deck. This is looking down into the adult pool.

I would assume that these areas are more crowded when the weather is better….

Making our way to the next deck…

We captured some great shots up top! Even on this cloudy day, you could see for miles.

Just my opinion of course, but the Dream looks sooooo much better than the Carnival ship. Like the captain of the Glass Bottom Boat said…other ships look like floating mild cartons ….

Continued to the next post!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
Old 11-19-2012, 06:46 PM   #846
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Continued from previous post....

The view really was amazing! And each deck was spotless

Looking below, this was one of the teen areas (14-17 years old)…I believe it’s called The Vibe.

Bill and I decided to venture inside. We were going to check in on Stephen without him seeing us. We ran into this on the way….Club Level access. But of course we were locked out We didn't actually try to go in...quite honestly, we weren't completely sure of our location...just wandering around....

So this is the Tween Club….we basically had to bribe Stephen to leave! He wanted to spend his entire vacation here. When we peeked in, he wasn’t there!.....no worries, though. The cast members informed us that he was probably playing basketball. So….guess where we headed?!!

There he is….trying to ignore us!

This area looked like a place for a bit of family fun, but sad to say, we never made it back.

The entire ship is so very Disney….of course...every detail, every inch!

It appeared that folks were making their way back on the ship….the crowds were starting to emerge around the pool area.

And guess who we spotted?! Pop and MaHopie had safely made it back from their Glass Bottom Boat excursion. They were ready for the Aqua Duck!

…..and they made it!

Up next….more roaming around the ship with pictures!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7

Last edited by hstrickland; 11-19-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #847
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Wow lots of great pics Heather! Loving it as usual!
Old 11-19-2012, 10:46 PM   #848
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Love all of the pictures! Looks like y'all really having some nice leisure time just the two of you!

Yum....the free ice cream! I loved the banana ice cream they had when we were on the Dream. Did they have it when y'all sailed?

I love the picture of your mom and dad on the AquaDuck! They seem like such fun, young spirits!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:13 AM   #849
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Wow lots of great pics Heather! Loving it as usual!
I finally made my way back over to the RC thread...it's been months! We'll see how much catching up I can do this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Love all of the pictures! Looks like y'all really having some nice leisure time just the two of you!
Yep! Thanks to the Oceanears Club Love that place!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Yum....the free ice cream! I loved the banana ice cream they had when we were on the Dream. Did they have it when y'all sailed?

I love the picture of your mom and dad on the AquaDuck! They seem like such fun, young spirits!
I didn't try the banana ice cream...actually I don't remember seeing it. I thought that place was going to be an issue with the kids, but fortunately it wasn't. And yes...my parents are quite active; the grandkids help to keep them young.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 11-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #850
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
I finally made my way back over to the RC thread...it's been months! We'll see how much catching up I can do this week.
It was Thanksgiving or Christmas that we guessed your TR would be completed by

Great pics as always Heather!!!!!!!!!!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 11-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #851
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It was Thanksgiving or Christmas that we guessed your TR would be completed by

Great pics as always Heather!!!!!!!!!!

Let's go with Christmas......still 3 more days of sailing

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 11-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #852
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Let's go with Christmas......still 3 more days of sailing
Sounds good

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 11-20-2012, 09:58 PM   #853
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Great photos! What a beautiful ship, I love the adult area! Its nice that Stephen had such a great place to spend time with other kids! And I love your parents on the Aquaduck!!

Old 11-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #854
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
Great photos! What a beautiful ship, I love the adult area! Its nice that Stephen had such a great place to spend time with other kids! And I love your parents on the Aquaduck!!
It was kinda bitter-sweet...while I was totally happy that Stephen was having a blast at The Edge, it was kinda sad that he's not a little kid anymore They really grow up too fast. Enjoy your time with your little one. Jesse and Faith are both moving away from some of the shows on Disney Jr. This morning I asked Jesse if he wanted to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and he politely replied..."Mom, you ask me that every day...noooooo." I keep hoping he's changed his mind

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 11-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #855
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Day 7
Venturing round’ the Ship
Part 2

Stephanie and her family made it back safely from the Glass Bottom Boat excursion, and the kids were ready to take a dip in the pool.

Even though the weather was just fair, they still had a ball!!

Stephanie snapped this shot of a fun-loving couple sitting next to the pool…..

While the others were enjoying pool life, Bill and I continued our quest round’ the ship.

The atrium is absolutely gorgeous!!! Pictures just don’t do it justice.

One of the bar areas of the ship….the bartenders were really good, too.

Venturing down the hall….

I love this scene….all because of this man, Disney exists.

If you’re into pictures and photography like I am, then you’ll want to make a trip by Shutters…

We did purchase the Photo CD, but boy was it a pain in the butt!! If you want to purchase pictures, make sure you do it before the next to the last day of the cruise….unless you enjoy mobs of frustrated people We spoke to several cast members, and received 3 different answers. Who knows?!

The bookcases house the pictures that are taken throughout the week. When a photographer gets a picture, make sure they scan your room key. If not, they use “face recognition”.

Make sure you take a quick peek inside….

There were some beautiful paintings and prints in this gallery! If I had extra space at home, I would love to have a room devoted to nothing but Disney.

Continued to next post….

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: