Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 10:56 PM   #826
rustytss
Old School Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3
It is so nice to get a peek into an excursion...looks interesting! I can't believe how much prettier the Dream is compared to those other ships!
Funny u said that about the ships. The Disney person taking us to the boat told us that when they designed the first Disney ship, the CEO at the time said that he didn't want their ship to look like all of the other ships that look like floating milk cartons. Ivy got a kick out if that and kept saying, "look at those floating milk cartons."
Old 11-03-2012, 11:55 PM   #827
jecskc
DIS Veteran

We did the Glass Bottom Boat tour on our cruise as well and we were pretty disappointed in it. I agree that the best part was the guide. She was very nice and very entertaining. My DD got several things in the trivia game on the way back. I would discourage people from doing this excursion.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 02:01 AM   #828
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Yay more updates! Too bad the glass bottom boat was a dud. Did you have the option of a day at Atlantis? A person on the BC/YC thread did a TR of Atlantis, it looked amazing.
Looking forward to your ship photos exploring.

And you're right, lol, I'm already churning around adding a couple of days to August hahahaha! Thank goodness we have our POFQ January trip to hold us over till August . I'll prob be ready to get out of here by January. Going to do some renos in basement, adding bathroom where laundry room is, and moving laundry room. Contractor says he should be ready to start end of Nov how am I going to get ready for Christmas with all this going on
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 11-04-2012, 12:29 PM   #829
pas130
DIS Veteran

Yay an update!!! Sorry the glass bottom was kind of a dud. I want to sit in a porthole (said pouting and laughing)
Old 11-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #830
Yellowbellow
Pirate Veteran

What can I say that has not already been said. Dissapointed -
Certainly not the highlight of the cruise.

Old 11-05-2012, 04:53 PM   #831
Sweetpeamd
Mouseketeer

We're baaaaack! We had a wonderful time and it didn't hurt that we avoided the 6 inches of snow that fell on our house while we were in Florida!! BLT was wonderful, I just love that resort. We stayed lakeview for most of the trip and really enjoyed our balcony. On the last night of our stay, we treated ourselves to a Themepark view. It was spectacular! We were able to watch the last night of Hallowishes from our room. It was amazing to sit in our pajamas and watch fireworks.
The crowds were some of the lowest we have seen in October. I took a photo of my husband walking through a completely empty Liberty Square an hour after opening one day. The waits were very short.
The best part of our trip was getting to tour the new Fantasyland!!!! Oh my goodness, it is absolutely beautiful! I almost cried when the cast member invited us to see it. We loved Enchanted Tales with Belle the most. Lunch at Be Our Guest was a very special experience, too. We ate in the West Wing and were amazed.

Okay, back to your TR! The glass bottom boat tour looks like a dud. If we EVER get to take a cruise, I think we'll stay on the ship. After hearing stories about the Disney ships travelling during Hurricane Sandy, I doubt that I will be able to talk my dh into a cruise.

[COLOR="Magenta"]1977-2007 Off Property Visits [COLOR="Lime"]2008 Beach Club [COLOR="Magenta"]2009 Beach Club [COLOR="Lime"]2010 Beach Club Villas[COLOR="Magenta"] 2010 Saratoga Springs 2011 Saratoga Springs2011 BLT 2012 OKW 2012 BLT

Me DH DS12
DD10 DS8 DD6
Old 11-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #832
amandaw
DIS Veteran

That glass bottom boat definitely sounds underwhelming.

At least the captain was friendly & interesting!
Old 11-06-2012, 12:28 AM   #833
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

This is the second not so good review I've read of the glass bottomed boat tours. I guess it's one to skip! That's too bad, but I'm glad that your family was at least pleased with the captain and crew!
Old 11-06-2012, 01:47 AM   #834
wishicouldgomoreofte
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Another hoarder, lol! You should see my closet under the stairs, bags full of the WDW h2o stuff!! Lol. Now I'm going to have to hoard more since my h2o source here is drying up!
How do you get extra H2O stuff?
I would love to get extras to bring home.
Bags of stuff in closets under staris and under sinks---you all know the trick!
Please share the info.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #835
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishicouldgomoreofte View Post
Please share the info.
In he morning I just stash any full bottles of stuff in my suitcase, and they replenish every day.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 11-10-2012, 07:08 AM   #836
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
Yay for an update!
We did the glass bottom boat tour on our cruise too, I wasn't crazy about it either lol! It was informative, and pretty cool seeing all the beautiful homes and they were fun guides but the "glass bottom" part (which was the whole appeal of doing the tour) was not impressive

Hope your family had a good Halloween, can't wait for the picture tour of the Dream
When we were in Nassua a few years ago, we took a short boat ride that dropped us off very close to the Atlantis. The guide was too funny and we saw beautiful homes...not so beautiful homes, etc....very informative and it was only $5 a person!!

We had a great Halloween. It usually starts at our church for a Chili Cookoff...which by the way, Stephen received 2nd place ...then our extended family/friends take a hayride around town and let the kids trick-o-treat. It's always a good time for all the children. I should have posted some Halloween pictures. Did your little one get dressed up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
It is so nice to get a peek into an excursion...looks interesting! I can't believe how much prettier the Dream is compared to those other ships!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytss View Post
Funny u said that about the ships. The Disney person taking us to the boat told us that when they designed the first Disney ship, the CEO at the time said that he didn't want their ship to look like all of the other ships that look like floating milk cartons. Ivy got a kick out if that and kept saying, "look at those floating milk cartons."
I remember you telling us that...the "Giant Floating Milk Carton"! So true, though. Bill and I kept looking at the other ships and thinking...."glad we chose Disney " However....I will say that we were happy with Royal Caribbean. Their ships may not be as eye catching, but the cruise itself was nice........Carnival Cruise.....no comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
We did the Glass Bottom Boat tour on our cruise as well and we were pretty disappointed in it. I agree that the best part was the guide. She was very nice and very entertaining. My DD got several things in the trivia game on the way back. I would discourage people from doing this excursion.
You sound like my dad! Pop's fairly non-confrontational and didn't want to offend anyone who may want to do it...but he said never again

Quote:
Yay more updates! Too bad the glass bottom boat was a dud. Did you have the option of a day at Atlantis? A person on the BC/YC thread did a TR of Atlantis, it looked amazing.
Looking forward to your ship photos exploring.
Yep...options for Atlantis, but our family did that several years back. And it was good...just didn't want to do a repeat, ya know. Not sure why Stephanie's family didn't do it....can't remember.

Quote:
And you're right, lol, I'm already churning around adding a couple of days to August hahahaha! Thank goodness we have our POFQ January trip to hold us over till August . I'll prob be ready to get out of here by January. Going to do some renos in basement, adding bathroom where laundry room is, and moving laundry room. Contractor says he should be ready to start end of Nov how am I going to get ready for Christmas with all this going on
Yay for renovations!!! That's always an undertaking. Your house will be a disaster for a couple of months but it will be soooooo worth it!!!! We don't have basements in south Georgia....it would be an underground swimming pool if we tried We turn our attics into second stories....that's what we did when we had our 3rd child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Yay an update!!! Sorry the glass bottom was kind of a dud. I want to sit in a porthole (said pouting and laughing)
Well, Pas...you can sit in a porthole all day long....just call Disney and book that cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpeamd View Post
We're baaaaack! We had a wonderful time and it didn't hurt that we avoided the 6 inches of snow that fell on our house while we were in Florida!!
You are kidding??!!! Can't say I'm envious I'm not much on super cold weather; however, if someone gave me a ski trip to Aspen, CO...I'de take it!!!

Quote:
BLT was wonderful, I just love that resort. We stayed lakeview for most of the trip and really enjoyed our balcony. On the last night of our stay, we treated ourselves to a Themepark view. It was spectacular! We were able to watch the last night of Hallowishes from our room. It was amazing to sit in our pajamas and watch fireworks.
Sounds amazing!!!! Now I'm envious Can you hear the music on the TV...like on a particular station? I thought I read somewhere that Disney does this. I would really like to stay at BLT. I'm guessing after we try a villa, we won't go back to a regular room.

Quote:
The crowds were some of the lowest we have seen in October. I took a photo of my husband walking through a completely empty Liberty Square an hour after opening one day. The waits were very short.
The best part of our trip was getting to tour the new Fantasyland!!!! Oh my goodness, it is absolutely beautiful! I almost cried when the cast member invited us to see it. We loved Enchanted Tales with Belle the most. Lunch at Be Our Guest was a very special experience, too. We ate in the West Wing and were amazed.
Ok...now I am jealous!!! I can hardly wait to see the New Fantasy Land. And how nice...empty parks!!!! That's rare, isn't it? 3 years ago when Bill and I went by ourselves, the Sunday that we were leaving, MK was like that....not a soul!! And of course we had to pack up and go. I think I took a picture of a sign that said "5 minute Wait". So glad yall had a nice time! So when's the next trip???

Quote:
Okay, back to your TR! The glass bottom boat tour looks like a dud. If we EVER get to take a cruise, I think we'll stay on the ship. After hearing stories about the Disney ships travelling during Hurricane Sandy, I doubt that I will be able to talk my dh into a cruise.
Skip the tour....but don't let the hurricane deter you from going on a cruise. That usually doesn't happen. Erin (DisneyDoc) was on the Fantasy when Sandy hit....not a good experience for them at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
That glass bottom boat definitely sounds underwhelming.

At least the captain was friendly & interesting!
Yep...make a note...don't do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
This is the second not so good review I've read of the glass bottomed boat tours. I guess it's one to skip! That's too bad, but I'm glad that your family was at least pleased with the captain and crew!
There are lots of things to do in Nassua besides the Glass Bottom Boat....Bill and I are still glad we chose to stay on the ship and do nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishicouldgomoreofte View Post
Please share the info.
Look Sue...another "Disney Hoarder" Sue was right...put the stuff in your bag, and they will usually give you more. Sometimes we leave a tip and get lots of goodies. I've even asked Mousekeeping. Good luck!!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 11-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #837
Sweetpeamd
Mouseketeer

You are kidding??!!! Can't say I'm envious I'm not much on super cold weather; however, if someone gave me a ski trip to Aspen, CO...I'de take it!!!

Yes, it snowed 6 inches! The best part was that it had completely melted before we got home. If I hadn't heard all about the snow from my neighbor, and on the news, I would never have believed it. Thankfully, we did not lose power.

Sounds amazing!!!! Now I'm envious Can you hear the music on the TV...like on a particular station? I thought I read somewhere that Disney does this. I would really like to stay at BLT. I'm guessing after we try a villa, we won't go back to a regular room.

You can turn to one of the Disney stations on the tv and listen to Wishes. We tried to do it for Hallowishes and there was no music, I think b/c the timing of Hallowishes is different (and the music is different). Maybe the music wasn't available since the fireworks are part of a party? We did watch the fireworks for a different night from the breezeway connecting CR and BLT and we could hear the right music. It was incredible. Those perimeter fireworks are unbelievable!

Ok...now I am jealous!!! I can hardly wait to see the New Fantasy Land. And how nice...empty parks!!!! That's rare, isn't it? 3 years ago when Bill and I went by ourselves, the Sunday that we were leaving, MK was like that....not a soul!! And of course we had to pack up and go. I think I took a picture of a sign that said "5 minute Wait". So glad yall had a nice time! So when's the next trip???

We have had wonderful crowds for our past 3 October visits. I love to go that time of year. We used to go in January and, while the crowds are quite low, the weather is a little cooler and more unpredictable. I prefer Oct. now.

Our tour of the New Fantasyland was unforgettable. We walked up to the entrance, hoping to go in and quickly saw the sign that said No Dress Rehearsals today. Before I even had a chance to be sad, a cast member came up to my 6 yr old daughter and told her she would give her a big surprise if my girl could guess her favorite princess. My DD guessed correctly and our surprise was we were able to enter the New Fantasyland!!!! We experienced the entire land with no waits at all. I will never forget that day! It is so beautiful! We were even able to have lunch at Be Our Guest! It was a great day.

[COLOR="Magenta"]1977-2007 Off Property Visits [COLOR="Lime"]2008 Beach Club [COLOR="Magenta"]2009 Beach Club [COLOR="Lime"]2010 Beach Club Villas[COLOR="Magenta"] 2010 Saratoga Springs 2011 Saratoga Springs2011 BLT 2012 OKW 2012 BLT

Me DH DS12
DD10 DS8 DD6
Old 11-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #838
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

All caught up! You are really selling the cruise experience... glass bottom boat trip not withstanding. Sorry that wasn't more magical.

LOVE the picture of Jesse with Captain Hook. So cute!

Old 11-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #839
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
When we were in Nassua a few years ago, we took a short boat ride that dropped us off very close to the Atlantis. The guide was too funny and we saw beautiful homes...not so beautiful homes, etc....very informative and it was only $5 a person!!

We had a great Halloween. It usually starts at our church for a Chili Cookoff...which by the way, Stephen received 2nd place ...then our extended family/friends take a hayride around town and let the kids trick-o-treat. It's always a good time for all the children. I should have posted some Halloween pictures. Did your little one get dressed up?
I loved Atlantis!!! So beautiful!

Go Stephen!! That's awesome! I love chili especially on cold day!! A hayride sounds like a great time, and better than walking around in the cold Ava is still small so we just took her to visit my grandma and to the neighbors and then everyone else came to see her at home while we passed out candy! She was the cutest Minnie Mouse I've ever seen!

Old 11-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #840
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Well, Pas...you can sit in a porthole all day long....just call Disney and book that cruise
What is Disney Cruise Line's change policy

I extend the invite to amanda...your turn..we just started a new RC thread and we miss you

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: