Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2012, 09:13 PM   #796
RGirl
DIS Veteran

What the heck? Your dinner posts weren't showing up when I posted just now. And suddenly they are here, and it is clear that you posted long before I started reading.

Anyway, dinner looked great - the Jesse pictures are AWESOME! Love the characters.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #797
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
The aquaduck pics are amazing! Looks like so much fun - I hope Willow is tall enough by August!

I just looked on the DCL website last night to see the required height. If they ride with someone, they only have to be 42". To ride alone, they must be at least 7 years old and 54".
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2012, 11:49 PM   #798
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I just looked on the DCL website last night to see the required height. If they ride with someone, they only have to be 42". To ride alone, they must be at least 7 years old and 54".
Thanks Amanda. I am pretty sure she will make the 42 - she is almost there (at almost 6 years old ). Since she doesn't know we are cruising, she is totally focused on reaching the cut-off for Expedition Everest. That is somewhat less likely.......

(BTW, I do realize that 42 inches means that I have to do it too. And, yes, I am totally choosing to block that out right now. )
Old 10-20-2012, 12:02 AM   #799
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Great photos from dinner! The ice cream/Jesse one is hilarious! You parents are very photogenic, lovely pictures of them.

How cute is fancy Minnie?! I think I'd want my photo taken with her!

Dinner looks yummy, but the desserts look even better!
Old 10-20-2012, 07:15 AM   #800
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Jesse seems like quite the fun little character! He's going to keep y'all young!
So ya say At 40, most of my friends have kids that are older...we got started a little late We'll have lots of stories to tell when Jesse is married and has his own kids!

Quote:
Now that we're back from "the World", I'm slowly starting to get into the groove of cruise planning. I've been going to the cruise boards more & more this week. I think because cruising is not our normal "thing", it makes me feel out of my element and sometimes I get overwhelmed. It's mainly just trying to decide on what to do in the ports that makes me anxious. The good thing is that my aunt & uncle have decided to come with us & they've been to these ports before. Well, except for Castaway Cay. This will be their first Disney cruise. And I'm anxiously awaiting Southwest to release more airfare dates.
Erin (DisneyDoc) is boarding the Fantasy today! She'll have lots of info for you when she returns...she's a travel agent, too, so I'm sure she's taking lots of notes This is their first Disney cruise. I am totally like you....very comfortable with WDW plans, but completely out of my element with the cruise thing. As you know, there's so much to do on those ships. You can't possibly see it all. Are yall going to have connecting rooms? I'm guessing yall will be flying and not driving? Are you flying in the day before??

Quote:
OMG - the Jesse/Hook pictures are KILLING ME!!!

Wow - the spa looks and sounds amazing. I wish I could talk myself into it, but I don’t like to be touched. Spas make me tense!
Ya might want to forgo the spa, then Spend your money on another indulgence!

Quote:
What the heck? Your dinner posts weren't showing up when I posted just now. And suddenly they are here, and it is clear that you posted long before I started reading.

Anyway, dinner looked great - the Jesse pictures are AWESOME! Love the characters.
Let me tell ya...Photobucket is REALLY ticking me off For some reason there has been a long delay on edited pictures showing up. In fact, some of the pics still aren't showing the edited version. I've contacted them twice...never had this issue until they went to a new format.

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks Amanda. I am pretty sure she will make the 42 - she is almost there (at almost 6 years old ). Since she doesn't know we are cruising, she is totally focused on reaching the cut-off for Expedition Everest. That is somewhat less likely.......

(BTW, I do realize that 42 inches means that I have to do it too. And, yes, I am totally choosing to block that out right now. )
Not sure why I thought it was 40 inches...but yall are right...42. Last year they changed it from 48 to 42. Maybe that's where I got confused. They were fairly strict, too, with the age and height thing. I asked why Stephen and Faith couldn't ride together and he said that there has to be enough weight in the tube or it will get stuck. At one point, Stephen couldn't even ride by himself Not sure what was going on....they were only taking 2 passenger tubes.

And yes, Roni....this does mean you HAVE to ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Great photos from dinner! The ice cream/Jesse one is hilarious! You parents are very photogenic, lovely pictures of them.

How cute is fancy Minnie?! I think I'd want my photo taken with her!

Dinner looks yummy, but the desserts look even better!
Thanks! They are a great couple...of course I'm a little partial Mom's favorite character is Minnie. Isn't it funny how adults love having their pictures taken with the characters...or at least we do Some non-Disney people don't get it ...too bad for them...

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
Old 10-20-2012, 07:42 AM   #801
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Willow is petite (but a powerhouse) like my Bree..Bree (at 5 1/2) JUST hit 40 inches..dying to go on the Mountains (including EE) I just realized Space Mountain is 42 inches...poor Princess...I want her to stay itty bitty, but she WANTS SO BADLY to do the big rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Thanks! We're very blessed to have an awesome family Hopefully the little ones will feel the same one day.

Great.....6 more years of food on the floor, stained clothes....people staring
It could be more than 6 years....I don't see DS11's eating getting any less messy...

And I agree, family is everything, I pray our kiddos stay tight when they get older...

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 10-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #802
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Wow that spa looks amazing. I went up to Whistler this summer on a girls weekend and we booked a morning at The Swedish Spa. Similar, we walked in and got handed robe, locker key, & towels. After our massages you go outside to a beautiful landscaped area with hot pools, cold pools, saunas and steam rooms.

Loved the dinner pics! What a beautiful restaurant. Jesse food faces too funny.

I noticed no more Minnie Ears or doll for Faith? That doll was glued to her in wdw.

I booked YC for August 12 nights (so far) may add another night, we'll see.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Old 10-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #803
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I didn't realize she wasn't at 42" yet! She must be close in height to Reid - he's 41". But, he's a big boy - he's always been in the upper percentile for weight & height ever since he was born.

Yes ma'am, you will indeed be riding the AquaDuck! And probably more than once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Willow is petite (but a powerhouse) like my Bree..Bree (at 5 1/2) JUST hit 40 inches..dying to go on the Mountains (including EE) I just realized Space Mountain is 42 inches...poor Princess...I want her to stay itty bitty, but she WANTS SO BADLY to do the big rides
Awww....poor Bree! I don't think she'll be doing Space on that upcoming trip. But, she'll be able to do BTMRR & Splash!

Quote:
Erin (DisneyDoc) is boarding the Fantasy today! She'll have lots of info for you when she returns...she's a travel agent, too, so I'm sure she's taking lots of notes This is their first Disney cruise. I am totally like you....very comfortable with WDW plans, but completely out of my element with the cruise thing. As you know, there's so much to do on those ships. You can't possibly see it all. Are yall going to have connecting rooms? I'm guessing yall will be flying and not driving? Are you flying in the day before??
We don't have connecting rooms. They booked a few rooms after us and there were no more cabins in our category left. We're on deck 7 & they are deck 5. The good thing is that our cabins are on the same side of the ship & in the same general area. So, it should be just a short jump away from each other.

We are looking to fly for the cruise. Driving really wasn't bad and I would definitely drive to Disney again. We used our car a lot. But, for the cruise, we obviously just won't need it. But, airfare is insane lately from here. So, if I can't get a price within our budget, we will be driving!

That's so exciting that Erin is getting on the Fantasy today!! I can't wait to hear what she says about it. I hope she does a TR!
Old 10-20-2012, 09:11 PM   #804
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It could be more than 6 years....I don't see DS11's eating getting any less messy...
Nice....so we're looking at another 10 years of this....

Quote:
And I agree, family is everything, I pray our kiddos stay tight when they get older...
Kinda nice having a big family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Wow that spa looks amazing. I went up to Whistler this summer on a girls weekend and we booked a morning at The Swedish Spa. Similar, we walked in and got handed robe, locker key, & towels. After our massages you go outside to a beautiful landscaped area with hot pools, cold pools, saunas and steam rooms.
That sounds wonderful!!! I'm all about a spa....not that I get there often, but if the opportunity arrises, we're there! All vacations should include a massage

Quote:
Loved the dinner pics! What a beautiful restaurant. Jesse food faces too funny.

I noticed no more Minnie Ears or doll for Faith? That doll was glued to her in wdw.
You're right...no doll! I told Faith that Sophia WAS NOT under any circumstances going to the Kid's Club, etc.....too much to keep up with. We came to an agreement that Sophia would have a much better time and be much safer in the room Thank goodness she agreed.

Quote:
I booked YC for August 12 nights (so far) may add another night, we'll see.
I'm guessing you'll add another night or two when the time gets closer So AKL is out of your system now?? Trying other things? Us, too.

Quote:
We don't have connecting rooms. They booked a few rooms after us and there were no more cabins in our category left. We're on deck 7 & they are deck 5. The good thing is that our cabins are on the same side of the ship & in the same general area. So, it should be just a short jump away from each other.
We were on Deck 7, too, more towards the aft....loved the location because it was an elevator ride away from Cabanas. Erin's family is on Deck 7, also but opposite side of what we were....I think....

Quote:
We are looking to fly for the cruise. Driving really wasn't bad and I would definitely drive to Disney again. We used our car a lot. But, for the cruise, we obviously just won't need it. But, airfare is insane lately from here. So, if I can't get a price within our budget, we will be driving!
Flying would be lots easier, especially since you won't be needing a car. Take this advice for what it's worth...fly in a day early. Ya never know what might happen. Of course lots of people fly in the day of the cruise, but that would make me super nervous.

Quote:
That's so exciting that Erin is getting on the Fantasy today!! I can't wait to hear what she says about it. I hope she does a TR!
Yep...they had a beautiful day to set sail! Very exciting! I'm hoping she'll do one, too...TR that is. Maybe we can twist her arm

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
Old 10-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #805
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Jesse's airplane face!!!! How cute!

Wow, Enchanted Gardens looks beautiful! That food looks yummy too!

Great pictures of you all! Faith is beautiful with or without food on her face!! Jesse is too cute with his Mickey Bar all over his face. They are pretty difficult to eat, ya know!

Minnie is so pretty in that dress!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
Old 10-20-2012, 09:56 PM   #806
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Nassau

Day 7
A Day in Port….Nassau

Surprising as this may be, we were up early. I know…it’s vacation, but I can’t help it. I always think I’m going to miss something. Pulling into port is always interesting to me, so I was ready to go before we even hit Nassau.

As you can tell, the weather isn’t what I would call ideal, but no worries….I had no intention of getting off the ship. Nassau….been there, done that….

It honestly was very cool to watch this boat come in…then some guy jump off onto the boat…then pull into port.

Once again…another reason we loved having this balcony…..

You may or may not find this fascinating, but they can turn a big ship like the Dream on a dime….completely around!

And there’s the Atlantis in the distance…

After we docked and half the ship disembarked, we had a little breakfast with a view….

Bill and I were going to take advantage of a fairly empty ship and explore….but not before letting the kids have their play time in the pool. Stephen was already in the Tweens Club…couldn’t keep him out!

If you want to know what the pool really looks like….get up with the chickens….

If you don’t mind crowded, wait until 10ish….actually the pool wasn’t crowded at all while in Nassau. But the day we were at sea….WOW!!!!

Even though this is for smaller kids, Faith and Jesse spent a fair amount of time in here….go figure. They basically went from Nemo’s Reef, to the pool, to the slide….a continual rotation. Lucky for me, I had a great lounge chair in between all the madness.

This is a super cool area, however during the middle of the day it’s CRAZY!!! Be warned!!

There was this little slide ( I thought Faith would have turned her nose up at it) however, she LOVED the thing. Basically, when she slid down, it was super-fast and would send her flying across the entire floor.

Jesse spent a good part of his morning getting in and out of the pool….my eyes were going crossed!!

He must have done the slide 15 times….over, and over, and over, and over again.

Now that the kids are good and tired….it’s time for them to head to the Oceaneer’s Club…and time for us to do a little adult exploring!!

Up next….the others explore Nassau on a glass bottom boat!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7

Last edited by hstrickland; 10-20-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:04 AM   #807
Ciciwoowoo
we would both run like heck to get home before the ghosts got us!

Joining in... Love your trip report so far!

Old 10-21-2012, 06:06 AM   #808
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

That's so cool...next time we go I would like to just stay on the boat. When we went we took the kids to swim with the dolphins, which they enjoyed, but it would be cool to stay on the boat and miss some of the crowds.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #809
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
Jesse's airplane face!!!! How cute!

Wow, Enchanted Gardens looks beautiful! That food looks yummy too!

Great pictures of you all! Faith is beautiful with or without food on her face!! Jesse is too cute with his Mickey Bar all over his face. They are pretty difficult to eat, ya know!

Minnie is so pretty in that dress!
We were posting at the same time last night....totally missed ya. Yep...Jesse's face was interesting. Not sure exactly what the Cast Members were trying to paint Faith and Jesse both agreed that it was an airplane...who knows?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciciwoowoo View Post
Joining in... Love your trip report so far!

Hi there! Glad to have you jump aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
That's so cool...next time we go I would like to just stay on the boat. When we went we took the kids to swim with the dolphins, which they enjoyed, but it would be cool to stay on the boat and miss some of the crowds.
I bet the dolphine experience was totally worth it! The last time we went to Nassau, we did go over to the Atlantis and took a little boat tour, did the straw market....and it was fun. But...that was enough for us. Just wanted to basically do nothing this trip ...relax...eat...relax some more. And the kids were perfectly fine with the kid's club....thank goodness

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 10-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #810
amandaw
DIS Veteran

I don't blame you one bit for staying on the ship in Nassau. That's what we had done too & I felt it was time well spent. Can't wait to see your pictures from y'alls ship exploration time!

Quote:
We were on Deck 7, too, more towards the aft....loved the location because it was an elevator ride away from Cabanas. Erin's family is on Deck 7, also but opposite side of what we were....I think....
I think Deck 7 is going to be a good location. We're mid-ship but closer to the forward section. My aunt & uncle are in the same general location, just on Deck 5. So, it should be easy to meet up & such.

Quote:
Flying would be lots easier, especially since you won't be needing a car. Take this advice for what it's worth...fly in a day early. Ya never know what might happen. Of course lots of people fly in the day of the cruise, but that would make me super nervous.
Yeah, I think we're going to fly in on the Friday. My aunt & uncle have already booked their airfare & are going in on that day. I'm like you - I would be beyond nervous flying in that Saturday.

Quote:
Yep...they had a beautiful day to set sail! Very exciting! I'm hoping she'll do one, too...TR that is. Maybe we can twist her arm
Yes! I'll help you beg, plead & twist to get her to do one!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: