Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 07:27 PM   #781
emma212010
DIS Veteran

That spa sounds heavenly! I would love to do that! It looks so relaxing.

The Aqua Duck also looks super fun!! I'm glad you caught them coming down the slide! That's a great picture!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
Old 10-18-2012, 08:31 PM   #782
Tangelders Ahoy
Mouseketeer

One other question and Ihope you don't mind....what did you tip them? Were there 2 girls? Thanks for letting me know!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2012, 06:48 AM   #783
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
As of the last 24 hours...we are Pop the 1st night then WL CL

Oh Heather, that spa time sounds WONDERFUL...and I know the feeling when "you have to get the kids"

All that relaxation....just a memory
I had a sneaky feeling that it would have to be CL...you can't go to WDW without that Yall will have such a great time...and it's just you and some of the RC girls, right?! Any kids??? Fun times are ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Y'alls time at the spa sounds heavenly! I don't know if I could convince Ed to do that. And what a great idea to do it on the CC day!

I'm hoping Reid will be tall enough to ride the AquaDuck in June. He only needs to grow about 1 more inch!
He only has to be 40 inches, right? I think originally it was 42 then they changed it. Maybe I dreamed that...who knows?! Reid will get there. Wish I had done it. Just get there early or you'll have a ridiculous line to wait in. They actually closed the Aqua Duck several times on the cruise because of weather/winds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
That spa sounds heavenly! I would love to do that! It looks so relaxing.

The Aqua Duck also looks super fun!! I'm glad you caught them coming down the slide! That's a great picture!
You and your mom will have to bite the bullet and take a Disney cruise...maybe yall can do the one that leaves from NY. Not sure where it actually goes, but it's a Disney Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangelders Ahoy View Post
One other question and Ihope you don't mind....what did you tip them? Were there 2 girls? Thanks for letting me know!
No worries! I love questions...that's what TRs are for Yep...2 girls. If I remember correctly, I think we tipped them at least 15% if not a little more, and that's together...not individually. I will go ahead and warn you...at the very end, they will try and sell you the skin products (lotions, gels, etc.) If you don't want to go through that entire process, just tell them when you get to the spa that you aren't interested in buying anything. I'm not sure if this is true or not, but someone told us that the people at the spa are not employeed by Disney....what they make on tips is all they get....who knows

Can't wait to hear what you think about the whole experience! You'll have to let us know. The cruise will be here before you know it!!!!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
Old 10-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #784
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
I had a sneaky feeling that it would have to be CL...you can't go to WDW without that Yall will have such a great time...and it's just you and some of the RC girls, right?! Any kids??? Fun times are ahead
This is an a Pas Princess trip I snuck in (DHs idea , weird) So it's Myself and DD8, DD6, DD5...January is the RC Girls trip....I'm bring DS11 for that one..we are at ASSp

Oh and I ch-changed Pop to AoA LM this am...for one night...then off to WL CL

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 10-19-2012, 11:37 AM   #785
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Enchanted Garden
Day 6

(some information was taken from the WDW website)

Before heading to dinner, we spotted several of the characters….time for some photos! Notice Jesse’s painted face. This transpired in the Oceaneer’s Club. He said he was disguised as an airplane and refused to take it off

Just FYI…the characters are out before and after dinner….so you’ll have plenty of time to get photographs.

Enchanted Garden is a large-sized, Main Dining restaurant located on Deck 2, Midship. Inspired by the picturesque gardens of Versailles, Enchanted Garden boasts a market-inspired menu of mouthwatering flavors from around the world for breakfast, lunch and dinner—and a wondrous environment that magically transforms from day to night over the course of the dining experience.

With lush greenery and a magnificent blue sky overhead, Enchanted Garden invites Guests to dine in a serene splendor that recalls an elegant conservatory amid the foothills in France. Adding to the idyllic atmosphere are custom-glass flower light fixtures that suspend overhead, white trellises, ornamental light posts and—at the center of the restaurant—a delightful 7-foot tall cascading fountain, home to a fanciful stone cherub Mickey Mouse.

Dining at Enchanted Garden means you can expect something magical to happen. During the course of the day, the restaurant's sweeping ceiling changes from a brilliant blue daytime color into the golden red of a setting sun, finally transforming into a captivating nighttime constellation of twinkling stars. Additionally, flower light fixtures "bloom" and become bathed in color, decorative wall sconces fall away to become folding fans, wall paintings project a dusky illumination and the centerpiece fountain is flooded with shimmering light.

The dress code for dinner at Enchanted Garden changes daily. Check the Personal Navigator for more information while onboard. However, you are requested to not wear tank tops, swim wear or shorts while dining for dinner.

Throughout the evening, one of the Cruise Photographers will make their way through the dining room capturing family photos for you to take home…..some good….some not (the nots will be later)

We had a nice table, not in the middle of the dining room, over to the side….

Bill and Sean wanted a glass of wine with dinner, so our server suggested ordering a bottle instead. If it’s not finished, you can have it the next evening….a bit cheaper this way.

Because 11 of us were eating, I completely and totally forgot what each of us had….no descriptions of the food, only pictures….sorry

We start with the appetizers……soups, salads, etc.

Continued to next post…..

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL

Last edited by hstrickland; 10-19-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #786
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Continued from previous post...

The photographer made his way around once again&..capturing some more interesting moments. Too bad Faith has food on her face!

Time for the main course (not sure if everything is a main course &)

Ma Hopie decided that she wanted scallops with her meal....so, our waiter brought some!

The kids were getting a little squirrely&.but thats to be expected! It is late&.

The assistant waitress entertained the kids with a few magic tricks&

Then she was polite enough to help Jonah along with his meal&.he wasnt interested in eating at all! Too much going on!

Another excellent shot ....Jesse is ready once again for dessert (my favorite part of the meal!)

Are these desserts not beautiful!!???

For the kids...

Jesse wanted his usual...it's never a pretty sight when he eats. I keep thinking the older he gets, the better it will get. So far this hasn't proven true.

After our most delicious meal, the kids spotted the characters once again...so you guessed it...more pictures before retiring to our suites.

Upon arrival to our cabins, we found once again that the towel animals were there to greet us!

Up next, a day in Nassau!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7

Last edited by hstrickland; 10-19-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:43 AM   #787
pas130
DIS Veteran

Look at that LONG table, filled with one AWESOME family

will return to checkup on the second post and more yummy pics

Old 10-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #788
Tangelders Ahoy
Mouseketeer

[/QUOTE]Can't wait to hear what you think about the whole experience! You'll have to let us know. The cruise will be here before you know it!!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks for getting back to me....I actually just started my PTR.....1st one ever and just learning as I go so if you have any insight, please let me know....1 thing I don't know how to do is quote only a small part of what someone says to respond to it....how do you do it????
Old 10-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #789
pas130
DIS Veteran

DS11 still is a mess everytime he eats Heather

That chocolate cake looks delicioso

Old 10-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #790
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Dinner looked great! With each and every update you make me want to be right back on the ship! Glad the kids were having fun

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 10-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #791
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Wow that food looks delish! And my middle lovely DD is exactly the same when she eats. I am thinking she may be related to your DS!! She is our little "food face"! We say she eats with her cheeks!

When my youngest just saw the picture of Minnie in her white dress she said "Oh....she looks booteeful!!"
Old 10-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #792
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Love all the family photos from dinner! And Jesse cracks me up with his ice cream all of his face.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:24 PM   #793
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Look at that LONG table, filled with one AWESOME family

will return to checkup on the second post and more yummy pics
Thanks! We're very blessed to have an awesome family Hopefully the little ones will feel the same one day.

Quote:
DS11 still is a mess everytime he eats Heather

That chocolate cake looks delicioso
Great.....6 more years of food on the floor, stained clothes....people staring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangelders Ahoy View Post

Thanks for getting back to me....I actually just started my PTR.....1st one ever and just learning as I go so if you have any insight, please let me know....1 thing I don't know how to do is quote only a small part of what someone says to respond to it....how do you do it????
I'll PM you and give you the instructions...don't mind at all. Over the years, I've had plenty of help from other Disers...that's the only way I got it. Good luck with your first PTR!! The more you do, the more you learn...not hard. I'll jump over there and check it out tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Dinner looked great! With each and every update you make me want to be right back on the ship! Glad the kids were having fun
Me too!!! I need to stop looking at all our photos Erin (DisneyDoc) sets sail tomorrow on the Fantasy. I'm so excited for them...can't wait to see all the pictures! I'll be steady by my phone waiting for pics!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Wow that food looks delish! And my middle lovely DD is exactly the same when she eats. I am thinking she may be related to your DS!! She is our little "food face"! We say she eats with her cheeks!

When my youngest just saw the picture of Minnie in her white dress she said "Oh....she looks booteeful!!"
Glad you feel my pain...and I thought it was a boy thing Let's not ever set our two up on a date when they're older! Can you imagine the mess !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Love all the family photos from dinner! And Jesse cracks me up with his ice cream all of his face.
God thought it was funny when he gave us Jesse....like I've been told numerous times, this will be the child that takes care of us in our old age I didn't realize that your cruise was only 7 months away! That's really not that far off...have you been hot on the cruise boards??!! Reading every detail??!!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 10-19-2012, 08:52 PM   #794
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
God thought it was funny when he gave us Jesse....like I've been told numerous times, this will be the child that takes care of us in our old age I didn't realize that your cruise was only 7 months away! That's really not that far off...have you been hot on the cruise boards??!! Reading every detail??!!
Jesse seems like quite the fun little character! He's going to keep y'all young!

Now that we're back from "the World", I'm slowly starting to get into the groove of cruise planning. I've been going to the cruise boards more & more this week. I think because cruising is not our normal "thing", it makes me feel out of my element and sometimes I get overwhelmed. It's mainly just trying to decide on what to do in the ports that makes me anxious. The good thing is that my aunt & uncle have decided to come with us & they've been to these ports before. Well, except for Castaway Cay. This will be their first Disney cruise. And I'm anxiously awaiting Southwest to release more airfare dates.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:09 PM   #795
RGirl
DIS Veteran

The aquaduck pics are amazing! Looks like so much fun - I hope Willow is tall enough by August!

OMG - the Jesse/Hook pictures are KILLING ME!!!

Wow - the spa looks and sounds amazing. I wish I could talk myself into it, but I don’t like to be touched. Spas make me tense!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: