Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 07:34 AM   #751
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

awesome Castaway pictures, I can hardly wait! Sometimes a cloudy day at the beach is more comfortable then a really hot, sunny one, so that's ok.

Looking forward to spa update, we don't have anything planned for that - I am wanting to spend my spa money on souvenirs I think!

Off to church! Have a great day!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Port Orleans Riverside

Old 10-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #752
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Beautiful pictures! Takes me right back there the theming is so fantastic.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #753
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Beautiful pictures!! Sorry it was so overcast! It's a bummer when Castaway Cay isn't sunny! That water is still beautiful even though it was cloudy. Those stingrays would freak me out too! Then again, I'm scared of fish in general! I don't even know! Anyway, your spa date sounds very intriguing! I can't wait to hear about it!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
Old 10-07-2012, 01:58 PM   #754
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Oh, CC looks like so much fun! My favorite part of a cruise is the private island. I wish they had cruises that go to the private island and dock there for a week
Old 10-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #755
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Wow! Castaway Cay looks great! Sorry you didn't have more cooperative weather but you clearly made the best of it! Love the picture of all the kiddos on the raft. And Bill in his snorkel gear is a close second.

You are right-- it totally looks like a photographer's dream. I would really love to visit one day. Question - from your perspective did you see any value to the private cabanas? I think they are pretty pricey and not sure I could afford one if I wanted one but just curious if you saw a benefit to having one?

So excited to hear about the spa!!!

Old 10-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #756
Sweetpeamd
Mouseketeer

Great job Heather! Wow, that Caribbean water is amazing, even when it's cloudy. I have never been there. Seeing the beautiful ocean makes me want to go!!!
I'm not sure I would want to do the ray excursion. The sensation of them against me would be unnerving, I think. The beach warning sign was pretty funny. . . sea lice? OOOOOh, what are those???? Gross!

[COLOR="Magenta"]1977-2007 Off Property Visits [COLOR="Lime"]2008 Beach Club [COLOR="Magenta"]2009 Beach Club [COLOR="Lime"]2010 Beach Club Villas[COLOR="Magenta"] 2010 Saratoga Springs 2011 Saratoga Springs2011 BLT 2012 OKW 2012 BLT

Me DH DS12
DD10 DS8 DD6
Old 10-07-2012, 09:54 PM   #757
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
Great update!!! Thanks for the great pictures!
Your'e welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Castaway Cay looks amazing. I can't think of anywhere I'd rather be right now! One of these days I'm going to have to bite the bullet and book a cruise.
Bite the bullet and do it....you won't regret it! Promise!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
awesome Castaway pictures, I can hardly wait! Sometimes a cloudy day at the beach is more comfortable then a really hot, sunny one, so that's ok.

Looking forward to spa update, we don't have anything planned for that - I am wanting to spend my spa money on souvenirs I think!

Off to church! Have a great day!
FYI...they offer great spa discounts once you start cruising. My sister got a really good deal later during the week You might want to check it out. It's less money than what you see online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Beautiful pictures! Takes me right back there the theming is so fantastic.
How was your trip? Didn't you go to AKL in August or September?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
Beautiful pictures!! Sorry it was so overcast! It's a bummer when Castaway Cay isn't sunny! That water is still beautiful even though it was cloudy. Those stingrays would freak me out too! Then again, I'm scared of fish in general! I don't even know! Anyway, your spa date sounds very intriguing! I can't wait to hear about it!
Yep...ya might want to stear clear of the Stingray adventure since they suck on your feet Spend your money on the spa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Oh, CC looks like so much fun! My favorite part of a cruise is the private island. I wish they had cruises that go to the private island and dock there for a week
For our family, the 2 days at CC were perfect. Some people would rather be cruising on the seas (of course that is why we cruise, right?) but I'm liking the beach with the ship close by. Maybe I should just do a Sandals vacation??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Wow! Castaway Cay looks great! Sorry you didn't have more cooperative weather but you clearly made the best of it! Love the picture of all the kiddos on the raft. And Bill in his snorkel gear is a close second.

You are right-- it totally looks like a photographer's dream. I would really love to visit one day. Question - from your perspective did you see any value to the private cabanas? I think they are pretty pricey and not sure I could afford one if I wanted one but just curious if you saw a benefit to having one?

So excited to hear about the spa!!!
The cabanas looked GREAT!! I actually have some better pictures of them on our second day at CC. Since we have small kids, I'm not sure they would have been worth the money (for us). If the kids were much older or it was just Bill and me...you bet!!! They appear to be very relaxing and quiet....take a good book, read, snooze, sip on a drink. I was curious, too. I did get as close as possible, but they have a locked gate to the entrace of the cabana area. If I remember correctly, all the cabanas were completely booked before the cruise departed. Must be the thing to do...who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpeamd View Post
Great job Heather! Wow, that Caribbean water is amazing, even when it's cloudy. I have never been there. Seeing the beautiful ocean makes me want to go!!!
I'm not sure I would want to do the ray excursion. The sensation of them against me would be unnerving, I think. The beach warning sign was pretty funny. . . sea lice? OOOOOh, what are those???? Gross!
I had to Google sea lice because I really wasn't sure either. Apparently you can't see them, but they sting. Guess Disney has to post that sign for legalities....still makes me laugh, though. When I read it, I thought to myself..."no kidding, it's the ocean!"

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 10-07-2012, 10:57 PM   #758
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Your pictures make me excited to be back at Castaway Cay! So sad that I just got back from WDW today & I'm already looking forward to the next vacation. Looks like the kids were having fun!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:11 AM   #760
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Great update!! Castaway Cay is beautiful, I can't wait to get there someday!
I have to agree about the slide way out there though! Seems like a lot for young (and older ) children! The sting ray encounter looks neat but honestly I'm with Stephen, I would be nervous with them just all around too, I like them in the pools at SeaWorld where the can just "pet" them

Old 10-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #761
Lisa29
Mouseketeer

Castaway Cay looks amazing.

My DH wants to do a cruise when we are there next year but as it is an all the family hoiday, I don't want to take 4 days out to do one. Very tempted to go 4 days EARLIER than everyone else to do the cruise first though.......

You have a new ticker! Happy planning!

Old 10-12-2012, 06:41 AM   #762
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Your pictures make me excited to be back at Castaway Cay! So sad that I just got back from WDW today & I'm already looking forward to the next vacation. Looks like the kids were having fun!
So...how was it??!! Great, I'm sure. And just think, if you didn't have another vacation to plan, you really would be sad Can't wait to hear about your trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
We just loved Castaway Cay !! We were so lucky to be on a "double dip"so got to go twice. We did the Stingray Excursion as well and we really enjoyed it. It was nice clear day with little wind, so we could see really well. I can't wait to go back !!!
Our second day at CC was better (not that the 1st was bad)....weather was absolutely perfect!!! We really enjoyed having 2 days there. If we do another cruise, I'll look for something similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
Great update!! Castaway Cay is beautiful, I can't wait to get there someday!
I have to agree about the slide way out there though! Seems like a lot for young (and older ) children! The sting ray encounter looks neat but honestly I'm with Stephen, I would be nervous with them just all around too, I like them in the pools at SeaWorld where the can just "pet" them
The slide is super cool, BUT a little too far out. I'm not ever sure that the kids did it on the second day at CC....Faith said it was too much work Can't really blame her. I didn't want to swim out there either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Castaway Cay looks amazing.

My DH wants to do a cruise when we are there next year but as it is an all the family hoiday, I don't want to take 4 days out to do one. Very tempted to go 4 days EARLIER than everyone else to do the cruise first though.......

You have a new ticker! Happy planning!
Earlier sounds good Is there such a thing as too much Disney??!! Bill says he likes the cruise better than the World....so be careful your hubby might do the same thing! And yep...new ticker...but look how far out the date is! Hopefully I don't get cold feet and revert back to the MK resorts. We've never tried the EP resorts, so I'm trying to hold steady with BWV or maybe BCV....have to give them a try...at least once.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 10-12-2012, 07:51 AM   #763
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

monorail silver! RIP Ferrari Van!

(inside joke -couldn't resist)
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Port Orleans Riverside

Old 10-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #764
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
So...how was it??!! Great, I'm sure. And just think, if you didn't have another vacation to plan, you really would be sad Can't wait to hear about your trip.
We had a really good trip! The weather was unbelievably hot though. I have to say that I'm really glad Ed convinced me to keep the Fantasy cruise for next year. I'm really looking forward to it!! And now my aunt & uncle (who we love spending time with) are coming with us. So, it should be lots of fun!

I just started my TR last night. If you have the time, I'd love to have you along! The link is in my signature.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #765
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
How was your trip? Didn't you go to AKL in August or September?
It was a different kind of trip. Still good, but I took my DB and SiL and I'm not used to traveling with people who are not on the same page as I am. The second we left I wanted to be back again. Thankfully the next trip isn't that far off. You're so sweet to remember

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: