Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #61
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
Hello to many of the familiar posters on this thread - Missoutandabout - did you ever find that stuffed animal you wanted from a previous trip? If I recall you are in the Chicago area - stay cool!

Hotter than blue blazes here today! And for you too! You have such an excellent memory. I called the merchandise office (or whatever the official name is) and they confirmed there were zero Lilos to be had at the Polynesian. Anywho, we wound up getting her a Lilo off eBay -- very cute and in excellent condition. Crisis averted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
When Bill gets in the driving seat, he likes to sing this song to me and the kids...

Family Mannnn, Family Mannnnn,
Driving round' in my mini-van!

and he doesn't crack a smile...
And would that be to the tune of Spiderman? Hilarious!

Quote:
Everybody, ....please welcome....Stephanie, one of the featured stars of the trip report and new members on the DisBoards!
Hello! Amazingly cute kiddos, both of you sisters have! Good lookin' folks all 'round.

Heather: I was laughing a lot at the T-Rex "dig site" comment. We were totally those parents that ran the other way last year. (And from the Build-a-Dino, we're horrible. She still brings up the Build-a-Dino a year later. )

Also, I forgot to add this to my first post: your hair is FLIPPIN' GORGEOUS! (Is it a shorter-in-the-back cut?)
Old 07-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #62
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Joining in as promised!!! I can't wait to hear all about your stay at AKL! We visited AKL on our trip, and it definitely became higher on our list for future stays! It's so cool!!

Also, I'm excited to hear about your experience on the Dream! I've always wanted to do a Disney cruise!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #63
rustytss
Old School Disney

Quote:
Well...it's about time! You ARE part of the TR, for heaven sakes. I was wondering about the ticker....I wasn't sure if you secretly booked another cruise without your hubby knowing. Oh wait....that would be something I would do (just kidding, Bill)
I finally figured how to change it. Still not as good as some out there, but I am just a novice as you say.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:13 PM   #64
rustytss
Old School Disney

Quote:
I'm sure her husband is lurking somewhere....come out, come out wherever you are!
And I forgot to mention that he is lurking!!!!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #65
ReneeDisney
Off to Neverland.....

Wonderful start! Love all the pictures. Looking forward to reading more!!

PS: did the World of Disney store have outfits that fit American Girls dolls? I thought I saw mouse ears on Faith's doll. Thanks!

Old 07-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #66
amandaw
DIS Veteran

It seems like I've been seeing TREX on so many TR's lately. But, most people do say that it's good!

The pictures of the kids hanging on the dinosaurs are so funny! Looks like they were definitely having a great time!

I can see where it would be hard to get them past the exploration area. But, I'm glad you got some shopping done!

Also - great pictures taken by Stephen!

So excited to hear/see about y'alls rooms!

Quote:
Everybody, ....please welcome....Stephanie, one of the featured stars of the trip report and new members on the DisBoards!
Hi, Stephanie! Your kids are so cute! I can't wait to hear all about the adventures y'all had on vacation.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #67
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Great T-Rex review!

I can't wait for your next installment!!!!!!
I'll have the room review done by tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
can't stop laughing over the Ferrari van - must...get...air!

Josh and I had TRex last summer and we also really enjoyed it for lunch - great service for us too. I think this is a win win for anyone with children, there is so much to look at and enjoy! If you can, just bypass the gift shop area and save your money for Disney souvenirs!

I love the vibe at DTD - but I also LOVE to shop, so go figure! Great pics!
Faith wanted to know why I was calling the car a Ferrari Van...a 6 year old doesn't see the humor Bill and I are still laughing...(thanks KOOK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post

And would that be to the tune of Spiderman? Hilarious!
it is! Funny how you picked up on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Heather: I was laughing a lot at the T-Rex "dig site" comment. We were totally those parents that ran the other way last year. (And from the Build-a-Dino, we're horrible. She still brings up the Build-a-Dino a year later. )

Also, I forgot to add this to my first post: your hair is FLIPPIN' GORGEOUS! (Is it a shorter-in-the-back cut?)
Thanks! It is shorter in the back...if you look at my TR from last year, you'll see that I wacked about 7 inches off the back....GONE in a few snips

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
Joining in as promised!!! I can't wait to hear all about your stay at AKL! We visited AKL on our trip, and it definitely became higher on our list for future stays! It's so cool!!

Also, I'm excited to hear about your experience on the Dream! I've always wanted to do a Disney cruise!
againi! Yep...gotta take a Disney cruise...at least once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytss View Post
And I forgot to mention that he is lurking!!!!
I knew it! I had a feeling he was sneaking around

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeDisney View Post
Wonderful start! Love all the pictures. Looking forward to reading more!!

PS: did the World of Disney store have outfits that fit American Girls dolls? I thought I saw mouse ears on Faith's doll. Thanks!
Well...the ears Sophia (that would be the dolls name) has on in the introduction are some that my mom and I made the night before we left. Faith wanted an outfit, but I waited too long to order one onliine. I did look at World of Disney but didn't see any. But get this....I found them at the Poly gift store!! Minnie Mouse, Aerial and Belle....of course we grabbed the Minnie Mouse outfit. Belle was really cute, but she wanted Minnie because it matched her shirt for the cruise

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 07-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #68
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
It seems like I've been seeing TREX on so many TR's lately. But, most people do say that it's good!

The pictures of the kids hanging on the dinosaurs are so funny! Looks like they were definitely having a great time!

I can see where it would be hard to get them past the exploration area. But, I'm glad you got some shopping done!

Also - great pictures taken by Stephen!

So excited to hear/see about y'alls rooms!
TRex is definitely a kids place...but I totally enjoyed it, too. So....did you run today??? 3 miles???

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 07-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #69
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
TRex is definitely a kids place...but I totally enjoyed it, too. So....did you run today??? 3 miles???
I haven't quite worked up to running 3 miles yet. I think my last run was 2. But, I had today off. Gotta hit the pavement tomorrow!
Old 07-05-2012, 11:18 PM   #70
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Old 07-05-2012, 11:47 PM   #71
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

I am here, late...but I didn't think you would start you TR so quickly. If it were me I would be still unpacking and doing laundry.

Really enjoying your photos and all the fun you have had just the first day of your trip. I love, love AKL...couldn't tell could you? I am looking forward to your prospective on the resort and concierge level. We will be there in just a little less than three months.

You have such a lovely family.

Angel16
Old 07-06-2012, 01:55 AM   #72
Sue M
DIS Veteran

We have an aDR for T-Rex too! Never been. That Onion soup looked really good, but don't know if in mid Aug I'll be up for hot soup

Great TR!! On to AKL CL rooms
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 07-06-2012, 06:58 AM   #73
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Great update!!! We have never done TRex but it looks great!

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

Old 07-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #74
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I haven't quite worked up to running 3 miles yet. I think my last run was 2. But, I had today off. Gotta hit the pavement tomorrow!
Good luck running today! 2 miles is good...keep going and you'll make it. No worries!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
later this afternoon.....that is unless pool time interfers with posting It's going to be a scorcher today!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
I am here, late...but I didn't think you would start you TR so quickly. If it were me I would be still unpacking and doing laundry.

Really enjoying your photos and all the fun you have had just the first day of your trip. I love, love AKL...couldn't tell could you? I am looking forward to your prospective on the resort and concierge level. We will be there in just a little less than three months.

You have such a lovely family.

Angel16
I had no idea that you liked AKL Your signature might have given it away

The day we returned, I started with the laundry!! By Saturday afternoon it was done!!!....8 loads later I didn't really have a choice...we had NO clothes to wear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
We have an aDR for T-Rex too! Never been. That Onion soup looked really good, but don't know if in mid Aug I'll be up for hot soup

Great TR!! On to AKL CL rooms
Right now the thought of soup in the heat does nothing for me Mom said it was excellent, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
Great update!!! We have never done TRex but it looks great!
Your kids would probably enjoy it. My 11 year old said it was awesome....lots to see while eating. Not sure I would do it for dinner...but lunch, yes.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 07-06-2012, 08:43 AM   #75
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the peek inside TRex. I've never been but it sure does always seem to have a line outside of it. I can see how kids would love it. How funny are Faith & Jesse using that poor dino as a jungle gym?!?

So glad Stephen is carrying on the photography tradition!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: