Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 09:23 PM   #721
rustytss
Old School Disney

So that is what Cabana's looked like in the morning? My family preferred Enchanted Garden for breakfast, but I know an 8:15 opening wasn't early enough for you We did get Ma Hopie and Pop down there once! If I knew how to post a picture I would, but oh well...
Old 09-24-2012, 09:45 AM   #722
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Just out of curiousity... how early was it that you had Cabana's to yourselves??? Love all the details and how sweet were the servers with the napkin art.

Sorry the weather doesn't seem to be entirely cooperating for your Castaway Cay day but I am confident you were able to have fun regardless!

Oh and fingers crossed you can "sneak in" a weekend WDW trip with your other plans this coming year. Think you guys will LOVE the villa and Epcot resort location the following summer!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 11:01 AM   #723
amandaw
DIS Veteran

I love the decor in Cabanas! It's so fun! I still can't believe we never ate there last year. We'll definitely visit it on the Fantasy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
You worked hard Amanda
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Good for you, Amanda!!! 5 days to go!!!! I know yall are excited about the upcoming trip. Look forward to seeing all the pics. Enjoy your trip
Thank you!! I'm so excited & ready to go! Well I'm ready except for the fact that I haven't started packing.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #724
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Stephen is in 6th grade now, too. And yep...LOTS of work. Thanks goodness he's at my school so I can keep an eye on him This year we are super busy with after school activities. Bill and I just had a conversation about all that's going on. Something must go!! Our calendar in the kitchen literally had 2 days this month that were blank...nothing going on. .
2 days.....yeah sounds about the same here....I miss Summer

The empty dining room would totally turn me into an early riser...
Old 09-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #725
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Still following along Heather! And loving it all!
Old 09-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #726
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

exactly how early were you in Cabanas, not another soul there! Can't wait for Castaway pics!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Port Orleans Riverside

Old 09-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #727
Lisa29
Mouseketeer

The Dream looks amazing and that food looked yummy.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:46 AM   #728
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
We decorated our door, too !! We had so much fun with it. We also had an amazing fish extender group and that was really fun. My daughter would get so excited when people would leave gifts. Looking forward to reading about your Castaway Cay day !!
We didn't do FEs but kinda wish we had. I saw several doors with items hanging from the fish. If there wasn't so much going on this past summer, I would have joined the group...maybe next time.

Hopefully the CC post will be up this weekend...maybe Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytss View Post
So that is what Cabana's looked like in the morning? My family preferred Enchanted Garden for breakfast, but I know an 8:15 opening wasn't early enough for you We did get Ma Hopie and Pop down there once! If I knew how to post a picture I would, but oh well...
The early bird catches the worm....

And you're much more computer literate than me....LEARN to post pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Just out of curiousity... how early was it that you had Cabana's to yourselves??? Love all the details and how sweet were the servers with the napkin art.

Sorry the weather doesn't seem to be entirely cooperating for your Castaway Cay day but I am confident you were able to have fun regardless!

Oh and fingers crossed you can "sneak in" a weekend WDW trip with your other plans this coming year. Think you guys will LOVE the villa and Epcot resort location the following summer!!
I'm thinking we were there at 7:30ish...actually not too difficult since we just threw on bathing suits and went

After Christmas, I'm going to start planning the 2014 trip for sure. Of course I keep second guessing myself about EP resort...thinking I'm going to miss the monorail... so silly, I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I love the decor in Cabanas! It's so fun! I still can't believe we never ate there last year. We'll definitely visit it on the Fantasy!!

Thank you!! I'm so excited & ready to go! Well I'm ready except for the fact that I haven't started packing.
Hope all is going well on your trip!!! Can't wait to hear about it when you return!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
2 days.....yeah sounds about the same here....I miss Summer

The empty dining room would totally turn me into an early riser...
Summer???!!! Where are you??!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Still following along Heather! And loving it all!
Your signature looks like mine I thought you had a trip planned???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
exactly how early were you in Cabanas, not another soul there! Can't wait for Castaway pics!
.....around 7:30ish, I think...maybe a little before. We wanted to be down stairs on Deck 2(can't remember exactly which deck) when the doors were opened for CC at 8:30. We had to grab that great spot you told us about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
The Dream looks amazing and that food looked yummy.
Dream, AWESOME!!!...Food, great (most of the time)

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 09-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #729
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Cabanas looks delicious! I love a lot of choice at breakfast!

Those hats are adorable!! CMs are the best!!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
Old 09-29-2012, 11:41 PM   #730
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The early bird catches the worm....

And you're much more computer literate than me....LEARN to post pics!
Sisterly love
Old 09-30-2012, 08:16 AM   #731
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

We were at the Poly from Sept 12 - 21...sigh and are back home again!! Next up is Dec 2013 WDW and 4 night dream!

Just trying to decide where to stay (AoA family suite, 2 rooms LM, or rent points for BLT) Only thing is the girls do not want to share beds anymore, and DH and I would like our own room! At the Poly my older two shared a bed and it wasn't great.

May 2013 is in the running for a quick weekend trip for SWW for DH and I! I have to work on him for that!
Old 09-30-2012, 06:06 PM   #732
Yellowbellow
Pirate Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
7:00 AM is when they took the 'covers off 'the food. Litterally took the covers off. The Buffet was covered if I remember correctly - no actually it was covers over the plates. check out your photos Heather. Remember my camera died that morning after I took a photo of the Cabanas sign with the sea gull.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:40 AM   #733
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
We were at the Poly from Sept 12 - 21...sigh and are back home again!! Next up is Dec 2013 WDW and 4 night dream!

Just trying to decide where to stay (AoA family suite, 2 rooms LM, or rent points for BLT) Only thing is the girls do not want to share beds anymore, and DH and I would like our own room! At the Poly my older two shared a bed and it wasn't great.

May 2013 is in the running for a quick weekend trip for SWW for DH and I! I have to work on him for that!

That's right...you had a Poly trip. Hope that went well for yall. I LOVE the atmosphere there. I totally get needing more room. We're lucky that my parents usually go with us, so we have an extra bed. Otherwise, we're cramped into 1 room with 5 people. Now that the kids are getting older and bigger, one deluxe room probably won't cut it. Renting points would be ideal for yall OR the suites at AoA. Erin (DisneyDoc) will be trying out that resort in a couple of weeks before their cruise. Maybe she can give us a mini-review I kinda want to try it, too....just scared I'll miss the deluxe amenities

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 10-06-2012, 06:56 AM   #734
Sweetpeamd
Mouseketeer

I'm still here! Back to school has been a BIG adjustment this year! I'm finally coming up for air.

I have been loving your cruise review! I can't wait to see about your time at Castaway. Your photos are beautiful, as always.

I think that AoA looks really great. I was surprised and disappointed to hear that the bed (or is it 2 beds) in the main bedroom are doubles instead of queens. My husband is tall and just can't sleep in a double bed, certainly not for a Disney vacation. We live pretty far away so we tend to stay a while. Also, there is no vacation like a Disney vacation where you need good rest!!!

We are actually going to try a night at VWL at the beginning of our vacation later this month. We have wanted to stay there for a long time so we're super excited to try it. We'll be off to BLT (LOVE IT!!!) for the rest of the trip.

[COLOR="Magenta"]1977-2007 Off Property Visits [COLOR="Lime"]2008 Beach Club [COLOR="Magenta"]2009 Beach Club [COLOR="Lime"]2010 Beach Club Villas[COLOR="Magenta"] 2010 Saratoga Springs 2011 Saratoga Springs2011 BLT 2012 OKW 2012 BLT

Me DH DS12
DD10 DS8 DD6
Old 10-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #735
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpeamd View Post
I'm still here! Back to school has been a BIG adjustment this year! I'm finally coming up for air.
I soooooo know what you mean!! I haven't been able to make a post in almost 2 weeks Crazy around here.

Quote:
I have been loving your cruise review! I can't wait to see about your time at Castaway. Your photos are beautiful, as always.
Believe it or not I'm finishing up the CC post. I had a hard time deciding on which pics to post....we had so many It will be 2 posts worth.

Quote:
I think that AoA looks really great. I was surprised and disappointed to hear that the bed (or is it 2 beds) in the main bedroom are doubles instead of queens. My husband is tall and just can't sleep in a double bed, certainly not for a Disney vacation. We live pretty far away so we tend to stay a while. Also, there is no vacation like a Disney vacation where you need good rest!!!
Ok....that might be a deal breaker for us...double beds Bill is tall, too. Guess I could take a bed and he take the other We ran into that problem with the cabins at FW. We made a joke about the next time we stay there (because we did love it) one would sleep in in the den, and the other would sleep in the bedroom.

Quote:
We are actually going to try a night at VWL at the beginning of our vacation later this month. We have wanted to stay there for a long time so we're super excited to try it. We'll be off to BLT (LOVE IT!!!) for the rest of the trip.
WOW....2 weeks!!! Get some pics of VWL! Are you doing a 1 or 2 bedroom?We love that resort, but we don't fit in a regular room. Our friends are DVC people, too (BLT), and stayed a couple of nights at VWL. They liked it, but still prefer the Contemporary.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: