Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #691
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Glad y'all liked Villains Tonight....I loved that show!

Love the photos in the porthole windows outside of Animator's.....those are great!

I'm very interested to see how the late dining worked out for y'all. Since we moved our 2013 cruise back a couple of weeks, we couldn't get the early dining. We have late dining but are wait listed for early.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #692
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
buy me a plane ticket and I'm there! Payment in wine, peach cobbler, and girl time! Maybe I will just drive my Ferrari suburban!
Drop the kids off at school in the morning, then hit the road Brett can watch them for a few days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Glad y'all liked Villains Tonight....I loved that show!

Love the photos in the porthole windows outside of Animator's.....those are great!

I'm very interested to see how the late dining worked out for y'all. Since we moved our 2013 cruise back a couple of weeks, we couldn't get the early dining. We have late dining but are wait listed for early.
My kids are use to eating late. It's unusual that we eat before 7pm, so there really weren't any issues with being 'hungry' before our dining time. Or maybe that's because we were always snacking And for the most part, they didn't seem too cranky or tired. When we do another cruise, I'm sure we'll do the late dining.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #693
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Brett can watch them for a few days!

This takes weeks of preparation and coaching, not to mention a detailed list of instructions. I guess the painting at your house will have to wait!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Port Orleans Riverside

Old 09-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #694
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Your pictures make me so excited!! Thank you for all the details, I'm sure if that guy in the theater knew how helpful you are, he wouldn't have minded all the camera clicking at all!

Disney is the best with how clean and pristine they keep the ships! LOVE IT!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Old 09-14-2012, 07:19 AM   #695
pas130
DIS Veteran

Just catching up Heather...didn't forget about ya...promise
Old 09-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #696
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We did late dining...didn't want to be rushed to get to dinner. Worked out surprisingly well with small children....for the most part
Wow - I'm not sure that we could handle the late dining - I just don't think DD could do it. I wonder if we would be better at seeing the shows though if we had the late dining. Hmmmmmm

Loved the update. The show sounded great, and the pictures were wonderful. I just loved the one of the atrium.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #697
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Your pictures make me so excited!! Thank you for all the details, I'm sure if that guy in the theater knew how helpful you are, he wouldn't have minded all the camera clicking at all!

Disney is the best with how clean and pristine they keep the ships! LOVE IT!
You're very welcome! I know you're excited about planning all the small details for your trips. Wish we had one to plan...or let me rephrase that...a WDW trip that was closer than a year and a half away

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Just catching up Heather...didn't forget about ya...promise
One might think that I've forgotten about my own TR!! Another post coming up soon....I hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Wow - I'm not sure that we could handle the late dining - I just don't think DD could do it. I wonder if we would be better at seeing the shows though if we had the late dining. Hmmmmmm

Loved the update. The show sounded great, and the pictures were wonderful. I just loved the one of the atrium.
Well...the trip is a year or so out, right? So Willow will be a year older. Sometimes that makes a huge difference. Maybe she'll be able to keep her eyes open a bit longer. It was amazing what a year did for Faith.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 09-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #698
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Animator's Palate

Day 5
Animator’s Palate

After enjoying Villain’s Tonight!, we were super hungry!!!!

Just a few quick facts about Animator’s Palate and the dining rotation…..

Cuisine: Pacific Rim/American

Dress Code: changes nightly. Check the Personal Navigator for more information while onboard. However, you are requested to not wear tank tops, swim wear or shorts for dinner.

Rotational Dining: occurs nightly during your cruise. When you book your cruise, you will be asked to select a dinner and live show time based upon availability. Requests to change these assignments may be made during the booking process or upon boarding the ship. Once onboard, check the dining tickets that can be found in your stateroom for assigned dinner and show seating times, restaurant schedule and table number.

The dining area is like being immersed in an animator’s studio….character sketches, light boxes, paint brushes, colored pencils, computer work stations and other tools of the animation trade. Scenes and characters from popular Disney films adorn the walls—creating a one-of-a-kind experience sure to captivate the entire family.

Notice the animated picture on the screen….within a short while, all of this will change.

Very cool table settings that go perfectly with the theme….

Our table was in the perfect position for viewing the big computer/tv screens! Couldn’t have asked for a better location.

This is our waiter! Awesome!!!! I had a horrible time pronouncing his name, though. I slaughtered his name every time it came out of my mouth...

While we have TONS of food pictures, unfortunately I don’t remember what was what. Between 11 people eating different appetizers, entrées and desserts, my memory has become a bit foggy

We’ll start with appetizers/salads…..

Not sure if this was an appetizer or entrée????

I can say that what I ate was very, very tasty!! No complaints at all. And remember….you can order one of everything if your heart desires…or if your stomach will allow!

Since there was so much going on, the kids did very well during dinner. I was a bit concerned about the children being really sleepy, but no worries! The animated drawings on the screens started coming to life….more entertainment for the kiddos!

The head waiter made our family feel like we were the only family in the dining room! He was very accommodating…especially with our children.

Just thought I would throw in a picture of my wonderful hubby…the one who agrees to all of my Disney Drama!

While we were chatting and enjoying our dinner, Crush decided to make an appearance! It was just like the show at Epcot!....so cool! Crush starting conversing with those in ear shot….and yep…he starts talking directly to me. Stephen thought it was the best!

Not sure how Disney does this….but it’s always fun to see what the characters are going to blurt out.

Main Course

There were not many shrimp in this dish, so mom asked our waiter to bring some more and he did!

The children’s meals were good….or at least I assume they were. Our waiter made the meals kid friendly by giving them a Mickey Mouse….

Once again, more action from the Nemo characters….this time it’s Bruce doing the entertaining.

Continued to next post…..

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 09-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #699
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

...continued from previous post (too many pictures)

Even though I was completely stuffed, I had to have dessert!!! It’s my favorite course!!

They wanted Mickey Bars, of course….and notice that they are still smiling, even at 9:45pm!!

Ivy had something different, but not sure what it was. She and Jonah have food allergies….if I’m not mistaken, Stephanie didn’t have any problems with the food. The Disney staff was super accommodating for them

I was a bit disappointed that crème brulee was not on the menu. Well….our very friendly waiter said he could make it happen. He not only brought one for me….he brought THREE!!! How nice was that??!! And yep….every ounce was eaten! Not ashamed to say it!

After dinner, we were all very tired from the long day. It was straight to the stateroom for us!!! Waiting there was our towel animals and the Daily Navigator for the next day.

Good Night!!

Last edited by hstrickland; 09-15-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:29 PM   #700
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

How awesome...I remember it all now, like it was yesterday after reading that. Makes me wish I can go on another Disney Cruise...oh well, maybe one day.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:49 AM   #701
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
How awesome...I remember it all now, like it was yesterday after reading that. Makes me wish I can go on another Disney Cruise...oh well, maybe one day.
I know! Don't ya wish we could hop on the ship tomorrow??! Bill says he would rather do a Disney Cruise than go to WDW........me?? I've got to have my MK fix. We'll cruise again one day, too. But first....there must be a trip to the World to see the new Fantasy Land!!!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 09-16-2012, 06:30 AM   #702
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
... But first....there must be a trip to the World to see the new Fantasy Land!!!
Do you have a next trip planned yet?

Wow, the table setting at Animator's is so cute!! And love the restaurant decor as well. And the food looks pretty great too. Looks like it was a super fun night. Bet you slept well!

Old 09-16-2012, 06:45 AM   #703
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

LOVE it! That dining room and the shows are one of the things that make me want to do a Disney cruise!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 09-16-2012, 06:49 AM   #704
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland

I know! Don't ya wish we could hop on the ship tomorrow??! Bill says he would rather do a Disney Cruise than go to WDW........me?? I've got to have my MK fix. We'll cruise again one day, too. But first....there must be a trip to the World to see the new Fantasy Land!!!
It would be so cool...but you are right! I have to have my MK and HS fix. And we live so far away so we can only manage one trip a year or two. Therefore we are going to WDW Jan 31. Can't wait, with ADR to BOG of course

Are you going back soon?
Old 09-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #705
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Dinner looked absolutely fabulous! Yep, that dish you wondered about is an appetizer, the wild mushroom risotto. How wonderful to know about the creme brulee. Mom wanted it at every meal and was disappointed it was only at one. I'll have to remember that for next cruise.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: