Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 09:35 PM   #676
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Yeh! Missing you friend - I will catch up more with you tomorrow - but just had a minute to catch up on the Dis and LOVE the sail away pics - I remember 'signing off' - didn't want those roaming charges!!! I checked and our cabins are almost in the same exact place on the other side of the hall, 7544 and 7546. I know we have a connecting door and I am so happy about that connecting verandah situation! Your kiddos are so photogenic!

Well, back to , we have been on the go all weekend! Take to you soon! Erin
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Port Orleans Riverside

Old 09-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #677
padawans
DIS Veteran

Thanks Heather for the Birthday info. I got our room assignment today. Still a 5c. No upgrade, but I'm not disappointed considering the 50% discount we were fortunate enough to get. We are close to the laundry room. Disney must know how much I love washing my running clothes on vacation.
Last year our bon voyage party was moved inside. We actually didn't leave port until 4am the next morinng. The weather was horrid the first night. I'm hoping we get to see the ship leave port this time.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 12:43 AM   #678
nannye
DIS Veteran

I so want to do a cruise!!!!! Awesome update.
Erin

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
Old 09-04-2012, 09:09 PM   #679
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

What a great update. Too bad about the yucky weather . The Veranda looks really spacious! - Amanda
Old 09-06-2012, 09:14 PM   #680
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
Yeh! Missing you friend - I will catch up more with you tomorrow - but just had a minute to catch up on the Dis and LOVE the sail away pics - I remember 'signing off' - didn't want those roaming charges!!!
I bet you were the last person I sent a text to!

Quote:
I checked and our cabins are almost in the same exact place on the other side of the hall, 7544 and 7546. I know we have a connecting door and I am so happy about that connecting verandah situation! Your kiddos are so photogenic!

Well, back to , we have been on the go all weekend! Take to you soon! Erin
You're really, really, REALLY going to love the connecting verandah. It makes for great extra space when everyone is trying to get ready OR when you just want to sit on the balcony and relax. Can't wait to see your pics!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Thanks Heather for the Birthday info. I got our room assignment today. Still a 5c. No upgrade, but I'm not disappointed considering the 50% discount we were fortunate enough to get. We are close to the laundry room. Disney must know how much I love washing my running clothes on vacation.
Holy cow!!! For 50% off, I would take a room in the cargo area That's unbelievable.

Quote:
Last year our bon voyage party was moved inside. We actually didn't leave port until 4am the next morinng. The weather was horrid the first night. I'm hoping we get to see the ship leave port this time.
What??!! Wow! First night spent in port, huh......it won't happen this year Do yall do early or late dining?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
I so want to do a cruise!!!!! Awesome update.
Erin
Thanks! And I like your signature "Wishing I had a ticker".....that's so me!!! Notice I don't have one either

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
What a great update. Too bad about the yucky weather . The Veranda looks really spacious! - Amanda
Thanks! I know...weather was terrible BUT...it could have been worse. I could have been sitting at home The weather in Florida that week just would NOT go away! I felt really bad for all those people at WDW that were trying to go to the parks.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 09-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #681
padawans
DIS Veteran

We are late dining. We are late eaters. 5pm for us is cocktail and swim time when we're on vacation.

As far as the discount goes it was kind of suprising. DCL rarely offers Airline employees, travel agent or Cm(according to cm I spoke to) discounts. I guess September was not selling well because DCL discounted all the cruises in September for Airline employees. I couldn't pass it up. The discount was closer to 60-70%. Incredibly unbelievable. 1100 dollars for the four of us. I think I will be taking a Disney cruise every September for the rest of my life if this trend continues. Flights are super empty too. I'm starting to wonder why we always go in May when the flights are oversold(not good when your flying standby) and the prices are higher.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:40 AM   #682
Lisa29
Mouseketeer

Not silly at all, decorating the doors. I would want to go along checking all the doors out and reading what was on them! I think they looked great.

I checked with my Mum and she did know what they were but I don't think they are doing any.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #683
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are late dining. We are late eaters. 5pm for us is cocktail and swim time when we're on vacation.
Us, too! The late dining worked really well, even with a 5 & 6 year old.

Quote:
As far as the discount goes it was kind of suprising. DCL rarely offers Airline employees, travel agent or Cm(according to cm I spoke to) discounts. I guess September was not selling well because DCL discounted all the cruises in September for Airline employees. I couldn't pass it up. The discount was closer to 60-70%. Incredibly unbelievable. 1100 dollars for the four of us. I think I will be taking a Disney cruise every September for the rest of my life if this trend continues. Flights are super empty too. I'm starting to wonder why we always go in May when the flights are oversold(not good when your flying standby) and the prices are higher.
Good grief!!! Unbelievable!!! Makes me wish I was still flying! Wow! I had no idea they gave discounts like that to airline employees. I was a flight attendant with Delta for 5 years...then had kids I remember many times sitting standby....can be nerve racking when the flights are oversold. Years ago, Bill and I got stuck in Japan when American went on strike. Crazy! Flying for free is certainly nice. Don't blame you a bit for snatching up that kind of deal...$1100!!!! Unheard of. Yall enjoy!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Not silly at all, decorating the doors. I would want to go along checking all the doors out and reading what was on them! I think they looked great.

I checked with my Mum and she did know what they were but I don't think they are doing any.
When you actually think about putting Mickey Mouse all over your door, it does sound a bit ridiculous especially to those who are not Disney Fans!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 09-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #684
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Great update, Heather. I really liked your verandah sail-away party! I think that would be a great alternative if it looked like the party was going to be super-crowded.

I'm excited to hear about the show and dinner. Did you have early or late dining?
Old 09-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #685
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Great update, Heather. I really liked your verandah sail-away party! I think that would be a great alternative if it looked like the party was going to be super-crowded.

I'm excited to hear about the show and dinner. Did you have early or late dining?
We did late dining...didn't want to be rushed to get to dinner. Worked out surprisingly well with small children....for the most part

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 09-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #686
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Day 5
Villains Tonight

We decided early in our planning that we would try the late dining rotation. Our family LOVES to eat, so we didn’t want to be rushed out of the dining rooms OR have to rush to dinner if we were in the middle of enjoying the pool.

The featured performance for the evening was Villains Tonight! I heard good and bad things about it. Of course we were going to check it out for ourselves….On our way, we had to stop and admire the beautiful atrium area of the Dream!

The stage show would take place in….

Just a few quick facts…

*Approximately 50 minutes long

*Comedic revue-style live show

*Plays at 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.

*Decks 3 & 4

Disney villains starring in the show:

*Ursula from The Little Mermaid (she was AWESOME!!)

*Cruella De Vil from 101 Dalmatians

*The Evil Queen from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

*Captain Hook from Peter Pan

*Scar from The Lion King

*Dr. Facilier from The Princess and the Frog

Since we like to arrive ridiculously early everywhere we go, getting to the show was no different. Immediately, I started snapping pictures….surprised, aren’t you??

Notice that the theatre isn’t full at all…..why??? Like I said, we were early…..wanted to get a really good seat. By the time the show started, it was nearly full.

This man to the right of the picture cracks me up ….I’m sure my camera had become quite annoying to him…..click, click, click…snap, snap, snap. He was probably ready to yell “STOP!”

I’m assuming they’re doing a self-portrait….

The theatre is getting full….time for the show!!

The host of the show is Hades….and he’s quite funny! The kids didn’t get some of the humor, but we adults certainly did.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show, and so glad we went. Now it wasn’t my favorite of the week, but still good. My kids thought it was wonderful, and marveled at all the villains. Definitely worth seeing if you’re a first time Disney cruiser.

After the show, we had plenty of time to roam around the ship….dinner wasn’t until 8:30. On our way out, we literally ran into Goofy! Not sure where he was going…

Yes….I know…it’s just an elevator. But aren’t they gorgeous?! I just kept marveling at the fact of how crisp and clean everything was kept.

We decided to head to the cabin to freshen up and relax out on the verandah. Even though the skies were gray, the ocean was rather calm. No tossing and turning….thank goodness!!

Time for Animator’s Palate!!! I’m starved!!!!!! We had to head back down to Deck 3 in the aft. While waiting to go in, we were by a great photo spot….

As we moved down the long hallway, the kids became more restless….and lots more silly!

I never did get a really good picture of my children….sensory overload for them!!! If it wasn't one being silly, it was another....so I gave up!

Up next…..Animator’s Palate!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 09-08-2012, 04:35 PM   #687
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

We loved Villians tonight, very funny.

The Dream is beautiful and very well kept.

How did you like Animator's Palate? We enjoyed it, but not our fav from the trip. We celebrated my son's 6th birthday supper there though and they brought him out a special dessert and sang "Happy Birthday" to him. Pixie dust
Old 09-08-2012, 05:07 PM   #688
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Just taking a break from and I find a wonderful update! I think the villains show looks great - can't wait!

I appreciate all the pics - even the elevators!

Well, back at it!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Port Orleans Riverside

Old 09-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #689
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
We loved Villians tonight, very funny.

The Dream is beautiful and very well kept.

How did you like Animator's Palate? We enjoyed it, but not our fav from the trip. We celebrated my son's 6th birthday supper there though and they brought him out a special dessert and sang "Happy Birthday" to him. Pixie dust
The lady who played Ursula was absolutely fabulous!! And had a wonderful voice. I thoroughly enjoyed the show...and would see it again!

We liked Animator's Palate, especially our location. We were right in front of one of the TV screens. Crush came out and actually spoke directly to me...lots of fun! As far as the food, it was good. We all agree, though, that the signature restaurants at WDW are better. But, we still really enjoyed it.

Quote:
Just taking a break from and I find a wonderful update! I think the villains show looks great - can't wait!

I appreciate all the pics - even the elevators!

Well, back at it!
Painting!!! When you're finished with your bathroom, come to GA and paint my kitchen and dining room....it's in desperate need!

And don't miss Villains...or the Golden Mickeys!!! We missed GMs and I soooooo regret it!!!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 09-08-2012, 10:05 PM   #690
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
When you're finished with your bathroom, come to GA and paint my kitchen and dining room....it's in desperate need!
buy me a plane ticket and I'm there! Payment in wine, peach cobbler, and girl time! Maybe I will just drive my Ferrari suburban!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: