Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #661
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
CM, huh?! Nice! And nice discounts If you're on the Fantasy, it will be for 7 nights, right? I totally wish we had done 7 nights.....I could have definitely stayed longer. I REALLY want to do the Alaska cruise, but I want the kids to be a bit older. I'm afraid they would miss the beach/water...they love it!
Yes, it will be a 7 night one! Oh man, I cannot wait!! It will be so incredible. I would love to do the Alaska cruise. It's so breathtaking and there is so much cool things! I can understand missing the beach though...it is pretty awesome!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Old 09-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #662
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Sorry, I got a little behind. Love the stateroom pictures. I agree, the beds were just wonderful, and I loved the split bathrooms. That might be the only absolute must for future cruises, the split bathroom was just so convenient. I absolutely loved our balcony but I don't think we utilized it as much as we could have, there was just so much other stuff to do. Your door looks great! Just because is a good reason, I really enjoyed decorating ours too. I've heard the CMs love to see the guests getting into the magic.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #663
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I agree that the beds are very comfy. Someone in our Fish Extender group ordered one of those matresses when she got home she loved it so much. We had the same type of stateroom, but just a bit down the hall in 7114. we really liked the split bathroom and the rain shower head as well. Love, love, LOVED it!!!
Bought the mattress, huh?! Wow! They really must have loved it

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
The lay-out and general idea are definitely the same as the Wonder, but obviously, everything is a littler newer and more updated. Very cool.

Yeah, you better get over there since I just wrapped that report up this week!
So I finally got caught up! About time, right!? Who knows when I'll finish my TR my motto...."slow and steady wins the race"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Hi Heather. I've been reading your TR since it started. I never post on trip reports I just lurk. I don't know why.
Hey there! Ya know...I follow lots of TRs but only post on a couple. I learned from my sister that I could subscribe without posting...that's usually what I do.

Quote:
Anyway I love the Bday surprise. I may order that on our cruise. My DS turns 8 on this trip.

Did they set it up in your stateroom for you? Was it there when you checked into your stateroom for the first time? The website says the cost is 50.00 is that accurate? How far in advance did you order it? I think I need to wait to they assign are stateroom to order.
I think it was around $50. And yes, when we opened the stateroom door at 1:30, it was done!! A nice little surpise. If I remember correctly, I called about 1 month out. And the cake really was quite tasty.

Quote:
I know were at least a CAT 5c. I think the same one your inlaws were in. Your were in a 4C. Is that correct? On our last cruise we were in a 4B. I'm kind of hoping for an upgrade to a larger cabin. A lot of people on the boards seem to be getting upgrades this month. Evidently September is not a popular time to cruise. I think this cruise should be pretty empty unlike our Fall break cruise last year that was sold out. Who would have thought you would have Hurricane issues in June.

Sorry lots of questions. I'm good at that.
4C is correct. Maybe you'll get that upgrade. I can't imagine the ship would be full during September. And can ya believe it....a tropical storm in June?! Yep....just our luck. Last year during our Fall Break vacation in FL, a tropical storm blew through and it rained for 3 days straight! August through late October is defintely sketchy down here in the coastal south...ya never know about storms/hurricanes. We watch the weather channel like crazy people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Sorry, I got a little behind. Love the stateroom pictures. I agree, the beds were just wonderful, and I loved the split bathrooms. That might be the only absolute must for future cruises, the split bathroom was just so convenient. I absolutely loved our balcony but I don't think we utilized it as much as we could have, there was just so much other stuff to do. Your door looks great! Just because is a good reason, I really enjoyed decorating ours too. I've heard the CMs love to see the guests getting into the magic.
You, a little behind?! What about my TR?! Thanks for your compliment on our door It is kinda fun to create those magnets. Before we left for the cruise, I read about people taking the magnets off the door. Fortunately we didn't encounter that. The only problem was my husband...he thought it would be funny to keep switching them around with my parent's magnets. I had no clue it was him! I would put them back in the proper place only to find them moved again later in the day. Bill definitely got me on that one!!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 09-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #664
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Love the rooms! And the magnets of course!

So is there another club for kids over 12?

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 09-02-2012, 09:10 PM   #665
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Love the rooms! And the magnets of course!

So is there another club for kids over 12?
There is the Edge Tween Club for 11-14 year olds and the Vibe for 14-17 year olds. Stephen totally LOVED the Edge. They did tons of really cool stuff....like a pizza making party, scavenger hunts, food eating contest ....it was great! I need to do a post on that, but don't have but like 2 pictures can ya believe that?!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 09-02-2012, 09:13 PM   #666
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So....are you ready to go ahead and jump on the Fantasy??!!
I really am!! We had to move our cruise for next year back by a couple of weeks. For a moment there, I was wondering if we should just cancel it. But, just looking at your stateroom pics reminds me how much we enjoyed our Disney cruise. Now, I'm glad Ed wouldn't let me cancel our Fantasy cruise.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #667
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Day 5
Time to Set Sail!!!

After getting completely unpacked with every article of clothing neatly put away, it was time for the Lifeboat Drill. Don’t worry….you don’t have to sport these lovely orange vests to the assembly station, but be sure to bring your Key to the World Card.

All ship services will be suspended between 3:45pm and 4:30pm. And don’t think you can skip out on this…they will wait!! We waited for a short time on a father/son that barely made it on the ship. No lie! Because of the bad weather, their plane was delayed, and to top it off….they had NO LUGGAGE Their extended family was next to us at the assembly station. Needless to say, they were completely ecstatic to see their family make it on the ship.

Believe it or not, it was very orderly and fairly quick. The CMs scanned our cards…guess this was like “roll call”.

When the drill was over….it was time to grab a fruity drink and prepare for departure (or whatever you say when you cruise)

If you bought one of these in the souvenir glass, the refills were half-price The Dream does have a Sail Away Party on Deck 11 that starts at 4:30pm. But….since it was drizzling rain, we decided to have our own party in the staterooms….thank goodness for the verandahs!

Disney’s terminal was really nice….but would you expect any less??

You can see how the divider between the two verandahs has been folded back making it very spacious! Soooooooo worth it!!!!

The kids were SUPER excited and running around in circles…literally. And I must say, it is really thrilling to be cruising out into the Atlantic on one of the most beautiful ships!

Notice the cell phone….making several quick texts before it starts roaming.

CHEERS!!!

Even though the weather was less than what we had wished for, it didn’t put a damper on our excitement….of course I was a bit worried about rough seas. I tend to get motion sickness

On our way out to the deep blue sea….

Time for a piece of Stephen’s b-day cake…..

It was already time to get ready for the show and dinner! Villians Tonight would be the featured show in the Walt Disney Theatre, followed by dinner at Animator’s Palate.

Coming up next…..Villian’s Tonight & Animators Palate

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 09-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #668
rustytss
Old School Disney

Hey...I can't believe I got so far behind!!! Haven't read the TR since your installment when we arrived at AK. One thing to mention...it was raining at departure so they moved the sail away party to the atrium. Sean, the kids and I tried to check it out but it was so crowed we couldn't move. So we headed down to Heather's to enjoy the veranda.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:34 PM   #669
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Yay! Y'all are off to sail the seas!

I think it was a wise choice just to stay on the verandah instead of the Sail Away party. Y'all didn't really miss much, if you're asking me. Not that you did.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:57 AM   #670
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Bon voyage! I too can sometimes get motion sick and worry about that with cruising so will be curious to know how much you felt it and if it bothered you at all.

The combined veranda does look huge! Perfect for a celebration of your own. And that drink looks quite delicious!!

Hoping that's the last of the rain on your trip.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:39 AM   #671
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I really am!! We had to move our cruise for next year back by a couple of weeks. For a moment there, I was wondering if we should just cancel it. But, just looking at your stateroom pics reminds me how much we enjoyed our Disney cruise. Now, I'm glad Ed wouldn't let me cancel our Fantasy cruise.
Cancel??!!! A forbidden word!!! Glad you didn't. Erin (DisneyDoc) is going on the Fantasy in October, so you'll be able to get all kinds of info from her.

Quote:
Yay! Y'all are off to sail the seas!

I think it was a wise choice just to stay on the verandah instead of the Sail Away party. Y'all didn't really miss much, if you're asking me. Not that you did.
I was kinda thinking the same thing Was the Sail Away Party super crowded when yall sailed on the Dream? Our ship was almost booked solid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytss View Post
Hey...I can't believe I got so far behind!!! Haven't read the TR since your installment when we arrived at AK. One thing to mention...it was raining at departure so they moved the sail away party to the atrium. Sean, the kids and I tried to check it out but it was so crowed we couldn't move. So we headed down to Heather's to enjoy the veranda.
Shows how much I know! I don't remember yall talking about it being in the atrium....had no idea. Glad I didn't even attempt it. The verandah and drink of the day was the perfect spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Bon voyage! I too can sometimes get motion sick and worry about that with cruising so will be curious to know how much you felt it and if it bothered you at all.

The combined veranda does look huge! Perfect for a celebration of your own. And that drink looks quite delicious!!

Hoping that's the last of the rain on your trip.
The drink was quite delicious!!! Not cheap, but delicious I wore that patch thing for motion sickness, but it made me way too sleepy, so I ripped it off! Never had an issue, thank goodness. That was my biggest fear...being seasick....not the boat going down and us having to abandon ship...being seasick

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 09-03-2012, 07:44 AM   #672
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Oh I hope you didn't get seasick!! and if you did I would love to hear about any remedies you may have!! BTW love your t-shirt!!
Old 09-03-2012, 08:09 AM   #673
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Great update! I am interested in seeing how late dining works out for your family!

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

Old 09-03-2012, 09:00 AM   #674
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Cancel??!!! A forbidden word!!! Glad you didn't. Erin (DisneyDoc) is going on the Fantasy in October, so you'll be able to get all kinds of info from her.
I know, right?!? Ed was adamant that we keep the cruise. We just needed a better date for his job & the end of preK4 for Reid. Do you know if she is doing the Eastern or Western Caribbean itinerary?

Quote:
I was kinda thinking the same thing Was the Sail Away Party super crowded when yall sailed on the Dream? Our ship was almost booked solid!
Our cruise was booked solid. The party was held on the pool deck & it was ridiculously crowded. We went straight there from our muster drill. Our location was actually pretty close to the party but by the time we got there we could hardly find a spot. We ended up going a deck above the pool. A nice family let Reid squeeze in at the railing with them so he could see. We'll probably skip it on the Fantasy.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #675
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Oh I hope you didn't get seasick!! and if you did I would love to hear about any remedies you may have!! BTW love your t-shirt!!
Thanks! The t-shirt is an oldie but goodie Got it several years ago at DTD for MNSSHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
Great update! I am interested in seeing how late dining works out for your family!
Do yall have early or late dining? I actually liked the late...even with 2 small children I think my sister did, too...she might have to chime in and add her thoughts.

Quote:
I know, right?!? Ed was adamant that we keep the cruise. We just needed a better date for his job & the end of preK4 for Reid. Do you know if she is doing the Eastern or Western Caribbean itinerary?
Hmmmmm..... I'm not sure. Maybe she can tell us

Quote:
Our cruise was booked solid. The party was held on the pool deck & it was ridiculously crowded. We went straight there from our muster drill. Our location was actually pretty close to the party but by the time we got there we could hardly find a spot. We ended up going a deck above the pool. A nice family let Reid squeeze in at the railing with them so he could see. We'll probably skip it on the Fantasy.
Doesn't sound fun...skip it

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: