Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-23-2012, 09:37 PM   #631
cdotla
Trish
 
cdotla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: North of the Border
Posts: 2,900

The kids' club /Oceaneer Lab looks fabulous. And getting a bit of downtime where the kids are also happy is going to be a big perk. This, in and of itself, to me will justify the extra cost of a Disney cruise.
cdotla is offline  
Old 08-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #632
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,749

Heather I just can't thank you enough for this trip report! We are now going on the dream in December 2013, (soooo far away!!) but all this info is so helpful. Love all the info about the kids clubs...my kids are going to lose their minds!
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-23-2012, 09:57 PM   #633
shan23877
I make lists about my lists
 
shan23877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,245

The kids' clubs look amazing. Every time I see pictures of them, it makes me wish that I could play there!

Can't wait to see the stateroom!
shan23877 is offline  
Old 08-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #634
amandaw
DIS Veteran
 
amandaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,268

The kids club is so awesome!! I still wish I could get those neat hand washers at my house. I think Reid would have spent the entire cruise in the club if I had let him.
amandaw is offline  
Old 08-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #635
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran
 
ProudMommyof2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: RedSox/Patriots Nation
Posts: 2,478

Awesome update! Can't wait to hear about the Edge!
__________________
Me(Pam) DH DS15 DD12

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club

ProudMommyof2 is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 05:33 AM   #636
hstrickland
DIS Veteran
 
hstrickland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Way Down South...
Posts: 3,159

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
My kids also loved the Oceaneer Club. It was great for them and also for us to be able to have some alone Adult time. Disney really rocked when they made these clubs!
"Rocked" is the perfect word to describe it!!! When Bill and I went on a Royal Carribean Cruise, their kid's area didn't have anything near Disney's....not even close!!! As long as our children are young, Disney will be the cruiseline for us.



Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
The kids' club /Oceaneer Lab looks fabulous. And getting a bit of downtime where the kids are also happy is going to be a big perk. This, in and of itself, to me will justify the extra cost of a Disney cruise.
Most definitely!!! It's like having a free babysitting service with extra added perks. One night when we went to pick up the kids, Faith told us that Stitch and Pluto had been in to play with them. Captain Jack, too, but we missed that.



Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Heather I just can't thank you enough for this trip report! We are now going on the dream in December 2013, (soooo far away!!) but all this info is so helpful. Love all the info about the kids clubs...my kids are going to lose their minds!
You will be so surprised at how quick your trip rolls around! We booked ours really far in advance, too. If you are one that plans, you seriously might want to start making a file ...no lie. There is just so many little things that come in handy.


Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
The kids' clubs look amazing. Every time I see pictures of them, it makes me wish that I could play there!

Can't wait to see the stateroom!
Well...you can! Just book a cruise and go! Too bad it's not that easy



Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
The kids club is so awesome!! I still wish I could get those neat hand washers at my house. I think Reid would have spent the entire cruise in the club if I had let him.
You can let him....on the Fantasy! Now that he's older, Reid will probably enjoy the club even more!! I never felt guilty about leaving them there simply because they kept asking to go....too convenient.



Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
Awesome update! Can't wait to hear about the Edge!
That will be coming up! We had to MAKE Stephen spend time with us. We kept reminding him that we were on a Family vacation
__________________
2014 FW & WL CL Trip Report
Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground InformationThread

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
hstrickland is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 07:40 AM   #637
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer
 
AvasMommy526's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 285

OMG! Can I please go to the Club/Lab?! That looks awesome, what a wonderful amenity for the kids! I can't wait (I can but for cruising purposes lol) till DD is a little older and we are def doing a Disney cruise!

Glad to hear the beginning of the cruise went well
__________________
Me- Nicole + DH DD (2) Lucy




AvasMommy526 is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #638
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,012

All right heather Forget the fear of boats I have....Sign me up for the Kids' club and someone to cut my food...I'll fib about my age...I'll make up a disease that even though I am an adult i think I am a child...and must not be corrected or I'll flip out...hmmm...will that work....
__________________

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 08-25-2012, 12:16 AM   #639
princess_momma
DIS Veteran
 
princess_momma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,413

I have been half lurking through this tr...so sorry!! I am still here as before just being less vocal for some reason! Sorry!! But de-lurking is better so I'll stick to that.

LOVE LOVE LOVE your detailed pics of the kids clubs. I want to see a story come to life and all that virtual stuff on that super awesome floor. IT LOOKS SO COOL! Seriously. SO MAGICAL
__________________
Kimmy (24) , DBF G (26) , DS L (5)
Sept '09 Pop Century, Aug '10 Pop Century, June '11 Old Key West, Oct '13 Pop Century...next Nov '14 Boardwalk Villas - AS DVC OWNERS!
October 2013 Trip Video
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

princess_momma is offline  
Old 08-25-2012, 07:46 AM   #640
hstrickland
DIS Veteran
 
hstrickland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Way Down South...
Posts: 3,159

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
OMG! Can I please go to the Club/Lab?! That looks awesome, what a wonderful amenity for the kids! I can't wait (I can but for cruising purposes lol) till DD is a little older and we are def doing a Disney cruise!

Glad to hear the beginning of the cruise went well
Since yall love Disney, one of their cruises is a must for your future. It's of course very different, but still has all the magic that Disney surprises us with. Before going, I knew that the kid's club was going to be be great. I just had no idea how GREAT! The size of the area is quite impressive. I kept worrying that the club would get crowded, but we never encountered that at all....even on our day at sea. And for us (JMO ) it was better that our kids were old enough to attend the Oceaneer's Club. Of course there were lots of little ones on the cruise having a blast, but it looked like lots of work for the parents. Go ahead and start planning now



Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
All right heather Forget the fear of boats I have....Sign me up for the Kids' club and someone to cut my food...I'll fib about my age...I'll make up a disease that even though I am an adult i think I am a child...and must not be corrected or I'll flip out...hmmm...will that work....
You're funny! You've got to get over the fear factor and go for it!!! Your family would really love it, Pas!!! Seriously!! You get the best of both worlds....time with the children and family and time with the adults....PLUS all the magic from Disney. The waiter told Faith that "she wasn't supposed to peal her own shrimp....princesses should NEVER do this while on vacation" He was so acccommodating, to say the least.



Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
I have been half lurking through this tr...so sorry!! I am still here as before just being less vocal for some reason! Sorry!! But de-lurking is better so I'll stick to that.

LOVE LOVE LOVE your detailed pics of the kids clubs. I want to see a story come to life and all that virtual stuff on that super awesome floor. IT LOOKS SO COOL! Seriously. SO MAGICAL
no problem.....Bill is the biggest lurker on the Boards!! Or perhaps I should say stalker He kills me....he is forever saying "did you know?"...."would you look at this!" You know you can subscribe to a thread without having to actually post....my sister informed me of this. Which ship are yall sailing on? Bet your family is super excited
__________________
2014 FW & WL CL Trip Report
Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground InformationThread

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
hstrickland is offline  
Old 08-25-2012, 05:35 PM   #641
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post

You're funny! You've got to get over the fear factor and go for it!!! Your family would really love it, Pas!!! Seriously!! You get the best of both worlds....time with the children and family and time with the adults....PLUS all the magic from Disney. The waiter told Faith that "she wasn't supposed to peal her own shrimp....princesses should NEVER do this while on vacation" He was so acccommodating, to say the least.
I love this!!! I don't think Queens should either

Yeah, I need to get over it...(as I sheepishly hang my head in shame knowing I will never have the courage to get on a cruise....even a Mickey cruise)
__________________

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 08-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #642
Yellowbellow
Pirate Veteran
 
Yellowbellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 48




You forgot to mention - when we got on the elevator - someone said "Where is Jesse?" Bill got off at the next stop and back down and found him wondering around inspecting the ship. Not lost just looking around. MAD, no;. We know Jesse.
__________________
CR - GF - WL CL - AsMo - AsMu - PolyCL - FW - AKL CL - Dream

Yellowbellow is offline  
Old 08-26-2012, 07:27 AM   #643
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,749

Too funny...in a scary sort of way!!!
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 08-26-2012, 04:40 PM   #644
hstrickland
DIS Veteran
 
hstrickland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Way Down South...
Posts: 3,159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbellow View Post



You forgot to mention - when we got on the elevator - someone said "Where is Jesse?" Bill got off at the next stop and back down and found him wandering around inspecting the ship. Not lost, just looking around. MAD, no;. We know Jesse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Too funny...in a scary sort of way!!!

I completely forgot that happened! It's such a common occurence that nobody blinks an eye Bill said when he found him, he asked Jesse what in the world he was doing and he replied..."just lookin' around, dad."
__________________
2014 FW & WL CL Trip Report
Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground InformationThread

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
hstrickland is offline  
Old 08-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #645
Z28KatCar
"A wish is a dream your heart makes"
 
Z28KatCar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maine!!
Posts: 227

My husband is a Disboards stalker as well. He does the same things yours does. I think I could get away from reading them as he usually keeps me up to date, lol.

Thank you so much for your trip report! We are staying at AKL CL next summer and after seeing your report we are very happy with our decision.
__________________
KatDH DD 7
You're going there, again? In the hottest mth of the yr? & With whom? ~July 2013 ~PTR


1974-1992 off site 2x/yr!, 1989-1992 Participant in the Candlelight procession ,1995 ASMV, 1997 AS, 1999 POFQ, 2003 Day Trip, 2010~2 wks ASMo, 2013~2 wks WL CL
Z28KatCar is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: