Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #466
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
my apologies
hahaha, apologies accepted, but lets not mention that nasty word again while I'm still on vacay
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 08-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #467
Sue M
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=hstrickland;45686523]

I know it sounds ridiculous to worry about a balcony, but I actually do spend time out there relaxing and taking in all the sights. Bill says he's not so concerned with the view, but I've been spoiled. The one time that I booked the least expensive view at the GF, we ended up looking at the back of a building by the quiet pool. Every time I walked out there, I wanted to slap myself!

I love a balcony too. Morning coffee, afternoon break, reading my book with a cold drink, evening with a glass of wine I worry about it too, and was a hard decision between BC & YC. Just for balcony issue!

Getting older!!??? Ya don't say...I'm very aware of it now that all 3 kids are in school And by the way, the TR will probably drag out, but not intentionally....

there's that word again!!

Thanks for this info on BCV....you make me lean more towards BWV (if I could get a Boardwalk view) Our friends stayed at BCV in June and said their villa backed up to a road that was really noisey. If we stay in a regular room it will be YC or BC...I think. The walk to EP would be wonderful.

Jesse had a great day!!!! No bad reports. Stephen and Faith also had lots of good things to say. The 1st day was a success.....now if we can get through 179 more!!!

Did you notice????!!.....I didn't use the word!!

You're right....YC would probably be better. Kinda silly, isn't it?! Coming from somebody who has 3 loud children....we would probably fit in better at BC Stephen just wants to be able to swim at SAB.

Are you packed????

Now that you mention it, I was thinking today I'd start throwing stuff in the suitcase like passports, purses i want to bring, Tickets, etc. and start going thru my clothing and see what I want to bring. Hopefully won't over pack this time I need a support group, over packers anonymous
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #468
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Hmmmm, why didn't the quote thingy work I'm not very good at that!

Old 08-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #469
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Too cute about Bill and the trivia.

I haven't been over to the BC/YC for ages, must get over there in December. I had one night booked for the YC after a cruise but had to cancel the trip due to work.

Those pizzas look quite delicious.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 08-02-2012, 07:41 PM   #470
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
hahaha, apologies accepted, but lets not mention that nasty word again while I'm still on vacay
Deal!!!!!!!!1
Old 08-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #471
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

TODAY will be an update....promise!!! I have to take Stephen to Taekwondo, then I'm doing nothing the rest of the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Dang it! I was looking forward to kitchen sink pics!

HEATHER! Just get over it and stay at an Epcot resort. You will NOT regret it!!!!

(But, yes, the counter service options suck. Big time. Luckily, Epcot is right around the corner, so.....)
I know, I know!! Just do it! If we're in a villa, guess the counter service won't be a huge deal anyway. And we usually eat TS, so what the heck am I worried about, right?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpeamd View Post
Great news!!! Is anyone else singing the Phineas and Ferb theme song right now????

We start in 2 wks. Do you do year round school or do you just finish early? We start mid-August and finish the Friday before Memorial Day.
Do you know how many episodes of Phineas & Ferb have been watched at my house!!?? I can sing that song by heart....

No year round school for us...however, it kinda appears to be going that way. Our summers get shorter and shorter. We start the very beginning of August and get out around May 21st. We have lots of holidays ....a week in October, a week in November, 2 weeks in December, a week in February, a week in March...180 days like everyone else, I guess.

Quote:
Now that you mention it, I was thinking today I'd start throwing stuff in the suitcase like passports, purses i want to bring, Tickets, etc. and start going thru my clothing and see what I want to bring. Hopefully won't over pack this time I need a support group, over packers anonymous
HA!!! Don't ask me to help you in that area!!! I ALWAYS take too many clothes....but ya know....it's always better to be safe than sorry My sister thought that the number of suitcases we carried was a bit ridiculous........and she was right (cough, cough) I believe my shoe count put me over the top (I'll keep that a secret )

Get busy.......you only have 2 weeks!!!!!!

Quote:
Hmmmm, why didn't the quote thingy work I'm not very good at that!
Do you know how long it took me to conquer that thing??? I'll never be Queen of the MultiQuote....leave that up to Pas. And when I do a multi-quote, it takes me forever!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Too cute about Bill and the trivia.

I haven't been over to the BC/YC for ages, must get over there in December. I had one night booked for the YC after a cruise but had to cancel the trip due to work.

Those pizzas look quite delicious.
Where are you staying in December? I keep wanting to go for a quick trip around Christmas and do MVMCP....Disney does such a great job with decorations!!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 08-04-2012, 07:56 AM   #472
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Old 08-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #473
rustytss
Old School Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland
HA!!! Don't ask me to help you in that area!!! I ALWAYS take too many clothes....but ya know....it's always better to be safe than sorry My sister thought that the number of suitcases we carried was a bit ridiculous........and she was right (cough, cough) I believe my shoe count put me over the top (I'll keep that a secret )
9 pairs!
Old 08-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #474
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
On its way!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytss View Post
9 pairs!
You lie....

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 08-04-2012, 12:52 PM   #475
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Too bad about the Kitchen Sink! That would have been fun to try.

I love the BC, and can't wait to give it a try. I understand the hesitation about the balcony though. However, we've stayed at BWI and never had any problems with quick service options. We usually popped into ESPN for an appetizer or just ran over to Epcot. I loved the location.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #476
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Too bad about the Kitchen Sink! That would have been fun to try.

I love the BC, and can't wait to give it a try. I understand the hesitation about the balcony though. However, we've stayed at BWI and never had any problems with quick service options. We usually popped into ESPN for an appetizer or just ran over to Epcot. I loved the location.
Yep....thinking I'm leaning towards BWV more than BCV....either will be fine, though. We've never eaten at ESPN...will have to give it a try when we're over that way.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 08-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #477
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Day 4
A Teaser at the Poly & GF

After we took the long bus ride to the MK, I stepped off the bus and realized this was a BIG mistake….

Now I’m being tortured by the views of the Poly. While I REALLY, REALLY like AKL, I’m soooooo missing the MK area. Whose bright idea was it to do this today????.....oh yeah……mine. The kids were excited to ride the monorail…

Jesse was in awe of the Hulk …..not sure what was going through his mind.

As we sailed along towards the CR, the torture continued. My bright idea wasn’t so bright after all. I can’t believe I’m this close to the MK and CANNOT go in!

This is me….trying to put on a smile ….trying to convince myself that it's rainy and it would have been a terrible day to visit the MK…

We didn’t visit the CR…really didn’t have time. Jumping off briefly at the Poly, we barely made it past the gift shops.

One HUGE find was Faith’s Minnie Mouse outfit for her American Girl doll!!! We were super excited….ok, well….maybe mom, Faith and me. They also had Belle and Ariel outfits for those of you who are interested.

Pop and Stephen were busy looking for Hidden Mickeys, while poor Bill was busy trying to keep an eye out for Jesse AND keep a handle on my credit card

Some people hate the smell of the Poly, but weird as it may sound….I love it!!!! Strange, I know.

Back on the monorail we go….next stop….the Grand Floridian, or as Faith says…. “the hotel with the pretty red roof”. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this place!!!!

Everyone was super curious to get a glimpse of the construction up close and personal. I’ve seen pictures online, but they don’t do it justice…..sooooo much going on at the GF!!

The biggest shock was the pool area….holy cow!!! There is absolutely no view whatsoever.

I’m wondering what the finished product is going to do to the view of the Poly? It will surely be beautiful, though….and pricey.

Even Jesse was astonished by the construction….he actually sat still long enough for us to enjoy the surroundings.

As always, the flowers are absolutely gorgeous!

The GF was relatively calm, not many people at all. Of course I’ve never been when it wasn’t.

While we briefly relished in our short visit at the GF, Jesse caught the latest on Donald Duck.

Time to go!….We have dinner at Boma and don’t want to be late. Jumping back on the monorail, we made a quick trip to the MK then to the buses. I had to endure one more glimpse of the Magic Kingdom....I think the kids were a little disappointed, too, that we couldn’t go in.

In no time flat, Jesse was out. He usually doesn’t take naps, but guess the running around did him in. And not to complain, but the bus ride was a bit lengthy….of course the hubby enjoyed it. He loves striking up conversations with the bus drivers….or any stranger for that matter

Up next……dinner at Boma!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 08-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #478
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post

Where are you staying in December? I keep wanting to go for a quick trip around Christmas and do MVMCP....Disney does such a great job with decorations!!
I'll be trying out OKW for the first time. Really looking forward to it. Went for the first time in December last year and just loved it, everything was so beautiful. And the weather was perfect to boot.

You should go, quick trips are such a nice getaway from real life.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 08-04-2012, 02:17 PM   #479
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Very nice pictures!

I can't get over all the construction at GF!

The Avengers monorail is so cool! Reid would love to see that. I wonder if they have already taken it off or if it will still be up when we go.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #480
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear you didnt get a chance to try out the Kitchen Sink. I have always read the best time to get a seat is right at opening

We are staying at BW in Dec and are hoping to get over there one day to try it...who knows if we will have any luck.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: