Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #31
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Yay! Y'all made it to Disney!

I had to laugh about the speed on the GPS. Ed said he is going to put a piece of duct tape over that part of the GPS when we drive in September.

The photos (as always) are gorgeous! I really like the effects you did to them, too!

I really want to see the AKL lobby in person one day. It just looks beautiful.

Can't wait to hear more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Are y'all running one of the Disney races??
We sure are! We were supposed to be doing our trip during the 2nd week of December but when Ed saw the Tower of Terror 10 mile race, he asked for us to change our trip dates. So, he will be running the 10 mile race. He has convinced me to start the Couch 2 5K program and I'm about 2 weeks away from finishing it. So, I am going to try the 5K race. We'll see how that goes for me.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:53 AM   #32
Sue M
DIS Veteran

yay!! Great pics! More please!

Question-is it better to be on Kudu or Zebra for CL access. I had requested Zebra to be on same side as pool, and 1st room, our 1st 6 nights are a pool view, then next 6 nights are CL.
Our last stay (non CL) we were on Sunset Savanna - Kudu trail. Do they have CL rooms on both trails?
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2012, 03:20 AM   #33
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Joining in!
Old 07-05-2012, 06:14 AM   #34
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
An early riser?? You???? LOL.

I know you were totally shocked, right? Check out the time stamp on this post

Wow! It was like the red carpet was laid out for you, how nice!!! Can't wait to see pics of your room!!

They'll be doing the same for you very soon at the WL!!!!!

And, no....I have not started packing yet...we just got back from MD yesterday and are packing up for a weekend wedding that we leave for tomorrow...and then on Sunday...when we are back...I will start packing for Disney

Good grief! Y'all have been super busy....slow down....breath....and START PACKING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Great check-in, great so far!!! I love the feeling that you are far far away that you get from AKL Can't wait to see the pics from your balcony

Yes...I will say, we did feel very far...far...far...far away from everything. Can you sense a twinge of sarcasm in my voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Yay! Y'all made it to Disney!

I had to laugh about the speed on the GPS. Ed said he is going to put a piece of duct tape over that part of the GPS when we drive in September.

Good idea, Ed!

The photos (as always) are gorgeous! I really like the effects you did to them, too!

I really want to see the AKL lobby in person one day. It just looks beautiful.

Can't wait to hear more!

Thanks, but I'm not quite sure that I like the new Photobucket. They took some things away that I really liked.

We sure are! We were supposed to be doing our trip during the 2nd week of December but when Ed saw the Tower of Terror 10 mile race, he asked for us to change our trip dates. So, he will be running the 10 mile race. He has convinced me to start the Couch 2 5K program and I'm about 2 weeks away from finishing it. So, I am going to try the 5K race. We'll see how that goes for me.

Good for yall!! You'll be able to do a 5K with no problem at all Next thing you know...you'll be running the Princess Half!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
yay!! Great pics! More please!

Your wish is my command!!!Will later this afternoon work??

Question-is it better to be on Kudu or Zebra for CL access. I had requested Zebra to be on same side as pool, and 1st room, our 1st 6 nights are a pool view, then next 6 nights are CL.
Our last stay (non CL) we were on Sunset Savanna - Kudu trail. Do they have CL rooms on both trails?

CL rooms are on both sides if I'm not mistaken...it's kinda weird how they do it. It appeared that some of the rooms on the Kudu Trail were not CL rooms (the rooms on the opposite side) and if they were, the Savannah view would have been terrible. I can't answer your question about Kudu or Zebra...sorry...guess it's just personel preference. I'll post a picture of the AKL map and try to label a couple of things....that might help you decide. You're smart to request a room closer to the main lobby! It would be a heck of a walk if you were at the very end

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
Joining in!

Welcome! Welcome!
Hope everyone has a great day!! Off to catch up on some other TRs

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 07-05-2012, 06:35 AM   #35
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I'm jealous of you hopping in your Ferrari-like van and magically arriving about 4.5 hours later at WDW - I'd be there all the time - how do you show such restraint?!

Your arrival is shaping-up to be a near perfect landing! A TEN for sure!

Old 07-05-2012, 07:31 AM   #36
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Oooh how nice Jambo house looks! I am glad you had a smooth check in!
Old 07-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #37
pas130
DIS Veteran

Far, far away, eh.....
We had a suite on the second floor ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the way down the hall at the very,very end. It was a super duper hike to the lounge....but it sure is a nice walk
Old 07-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #38
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Looks like the trip is off to a smooth start - other than the rain. But you are right, a rainy day in Disney is better than a day anywhere else!

Sorry your hubby couldn't get the time off... although I have a hard time believing those angels do any yelling & screaming...

Totally agree AKL feels like it's in another world and you forget you're in Orlando. Looking forward to hearing more about staying CL.

Faith looks so cute in the arrival picture with her doll. They are ready to go!

As always love the borders and other effects you add to the pictures!

Oh, and good memory... I am in CT! All is well here. Nice and sunny & hot for the holiday weekend!

Looking forward to more!

Old 07-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #39
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Love the update! AKL looks amazing!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 07-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #40
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Hi! All caught up and anxiously awaiting the next installment! We have never stayed at the AKL so it is great to hear (and see) all about it!

You have a beautiful family
Old 07-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #41
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I'm jealous of you hopping in your Ferrari-like van and magically arriving about 4.5 hours later at WDW - I'd be there all the time - how do you show such restraint?!

Your arrival is shaping-up to be a near perfect landing! A TEN for sure!

Hmmmmm......."Ferrari-like"...Next time I jump in the driving seat, I'll picture myself driving one...And as far as restraint goes...it's actually quite easy. I just look at my checkbook and that speaks volumes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Far, far away, eh.....
We had a suite on the second floor ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the way down the hall at the very,very end. It was a super duper hike to the lounge....but it sure is a nice walk
I believe that I might could make the daily trek if I had a suite....just maybe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Looks like the trip is off to a smooth start - other than the rain. But you are right, a rainy day in Disney is better than a day anywhere else!

Sorry your hubby couldn't get the time off... although I have a hard time believing those angels do any yelling & screaming...

Totally agree AKL feels like it's in another world and you forget you're in Orlando. Looking forward to hearing more about staying CL.

Faith looks so cute in the arrival picture with her doll. They are ready to go!

As always love the borders and other effects you add to the pictures!

Oh, and good memory... I am in CT! All is well here. Nice and sunny & hot for the holiday weekend!

Looking forward to more!
Ok...glad I had CT right My sister's up there in Glastonbury.

Faith carried that doll everywhere at WDW! Sophia is her name You would think she is actually part of the family. I probably should have introduced her as well...

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 07-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #42
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

I'm here!!! I'm late, but here!! Can't wait to read all about it!!!
Old 07-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #43
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

We must have been posting at the same time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Love the update! AKL looks amazing!
Glad to have you join in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Hi! All caught up and anxiously awaiting the next installment! We have never stayed at the AKL so it is great to hear (and see) all about it!

You have a beautiful family
Thanks a million! Happy to have my RC friends tag along

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 07-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #44
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
I'm here!!! I'm late, but here!! Can't wait to read all about it!!!
We were posting at the same time!! Late!!?? I'm never late to your TRs...ok...just maybe once or twice...

Can't believe you have time to keep up with all these threads!! You're life is like really busy now....decisions, decisions

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 07-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #45
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

New to your TR, but loving it! We are doing the Dream in March '13, with a resort stay beforehand (though I keep changing my mind as to where we'll stay). Can't wait to read more!

As for the GPS, my DH refers to that speed shown on yours as "the speed at which our car drives to Disney"

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: