Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2012, 09:12 PM   #151
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Yum!
My thoughts exactly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphie101 View Post
Great update!! CL looks fantastic and I'd love to stay at AKL - my best friend is an animal nut (especially giraffes) and I always thought when I take her to Disney (someday) I'll surprise her with a stay at AKL - she'd love it!

And I wouldn't call myself an expert Although getting to see the crowds go from super busy to dead to busy again was definitely a learning experience. And there's nothing like showing up to a MK, going on one ride (with no wait), watching the night parade and then leaving and feeling satisfied with your day!

If you have any CP questions please please don't be afraid to PM me! I love talking about it and I'd be happy to help in any way
....you shouldn't have opened up that door for questions. I'll be making my list in the morning while I drink my cup of joe! But I'll go ahead and get started with just one question........so is the MK the only place you worked or did they move you around?

I bet your friend would LOVE a trip to AKL!...very sweet idea. Yall would have to take those extra safaris that are offered, for sure. Hope that happens for you one day

CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 2- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu
Old 07-09-2012, 09:36 PM   #152
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
I love it!!! Why not?! Just jump in the car and have dinner at Chef Mickey's....no big deal at all.....then dessert at Kona's Cafe. My children are quite brain washed ...I mean....Disney fans, too.
The best part is, he always has a comeback to whatever reason I give for us to not go.

"We can't sweetie, it's too far to drive."
"Let's take an airplane!"

or

"I know, Mommy wants to go to Disney too, but we don't have enough money to go today."
(finds a quarter somehow) "Mommy, I have money! We can go to Disney now!"

Thanks for the CL review. It looks SO heavenly. It's nice to know what is offered and when. I love how spacious it is. Does every CL have some roomy areas to sit and enjoy? I feel like I've only ever seen just food when I see peoples CL pics...but maybe I'm just reading the wrong tr's of people who aren't as detailed in their picture taking? That is awesome though. Who would want to stand around and munch that stuff?

I love the fun gifts from Mickey. I love it. Even though it might not be directly from him, it's still Disney magic! Parents and grandparents can make Disney magic too! I just love it so much. It's that kind of stuff that really builds the memories and they will remember and love it for a lifetime!

So excited for more, I love all your details and adorable kids!
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2012, 10:50 PM   #153
Yellowbellow
Pirate Veteran

Morning Juice - can't believe we did not take a pic of the Juice Station - Boreing I guess. It was a mixture of several fruit juices - Very Tastey

AKL CL at 6:30 AM - very nice and peacful.

The Hidden Mickey mentioned earlier on the Post is on top of the columns that apparently support the roof 4 floors up. You almost have to be in the CL Lounge to see them. AND yes Faith has an 'eye' for Hidden Mickeys.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:49 AM   #154
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Great review of AKL CL!

I love how spacious it looks up there. Much roomier than CL @ WL.

I'm seriously scheming on how I can get Ed to agree to try AKL.
Well....do pictures work? Find some really great shots and casually flip through while he's sitting close by??? What doesn't he like about AKL? Is it because it looks so removed from everything else? I'm just full of questions this morning, aren't I??

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
The best part is, he always has a comeback to whatever reason I give for us to not go.

"We can't sweetie, it's too far to drive."
"Let's take an airplane!"

or

"I know, Mommy wants to go to Disney too, but we don't have enough money to go today."
(finds a quarter somehow) "Mommy, I have money! We can go to Disney now!"

Thanks for the CL review. It looks SO heavenly. It's nice to know what is offered and when. I love how spacious it is. Does every CL have some roomy areas to sit and enjoy? I feel like I've only ever seen just food when I see peoples CL pics...but maybe I'm just reading the wrong tr's of people who aren't as detailed in their picture taking? That is awesome though. Who would want to stand around and munch that stuff?

I love the fun gifts from Mickey. I love it. Even though it might not be directly from him, it's still Disney magic! Parents and grandparents can make Disney magic too! I just love it so much. It's that kind of stuff that really builds the memories and they will remember and love it for a lifetime!

So excited for more, I love all your details and adorable kids!
Not sure that the 'comebacks' get any better with age The older the children get, the MORE 'comebacks' they have....prepare yourself.

And don't ya love the money thing?! The little ones have no concept whatsoever. My dad bought the kids a piggy bank type deal(clear so you can see the money) that counts the money when you put it in. He also put a picture on the front of the bank of our vacation spot. When we had change, we would let the kids put it in. It was some of their spending money for the cruise. Now we've started over for our trip to Cancun. The problem is, Jesse and Faith think $20 is a million and we can go NOW.

I'm certainly not an expert on CL...Pas & Kook could probably answer your question better than me. Kook also did a great review of CL on the WL & BWI Resort Threads...lots of GREAT pics (check it out). But I do know that all CL lounges have their own separate space. I can only speak on the Poly CL which has the most awesome view of the Castle! Here are a couple of links with pictures (not very detailed, though...it was my first TR)

Poly CL
Poly Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbellow View Post
Morning Juice - can't believe we did not take a pic of the Juice Station - Boreing I guess. It was a mixture of several fruit juices - Very Tastey

AKL CL at 6:30 AM - very nice and peacful.

The Hidden Mickey mentioned earlier on the Post is on top of the columns that apparently support the roof 4 floors up. You almost have to be in the CL Lounge to see them. AND yes Faith has an 'eye' for Hidden Mickeys.
That's it...Morning Juice. And you're right, we didn't get a picture of that small area. What was I thinking?!...not like me at all! Oh well...we'll just have to go back

The Hidden Mickey thing is still going strong here at home....Jesse, creating HMs with his food on his plate (when he's supposed to be eating) then yelling at the top of his lungs...."LOOK!!! I FOUND ONE!" Faith has now started drawing pictures with HMs in them wanting ME to find them.....basically the dinner conversations eventually revert back to Disney Not much has changed.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:56 AM   #155
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

I just realized I missed an update...not sure how that happened!! But I love all the pics of CL food....I think I could get very used to that!!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:16 AM   #156
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Don't be shy....yes you are!
Too sweet! I am just obsessed...I've only stayed GF, AKL, YC, although I have been booked everywhere CL at some point.

GF is #1 and will probably always be. Although AKL would come in second because I love the resort, and the comfy, quiet lounge...the CL staff at YC were almost if not equally as sweet at the Sugarloaf staff. But the YC CL lounge is teeny, esp. compared to Poly or GF...JMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Hot-diggety hot towels?! I've not seen those at other CLs. Why do I love that that so much? Very Japanese. The fruit arrangement is so appetizing and I love the open, airy feel of the lounge which reminds me of WL. The CR has the same coffee pod machine and similar 'undulating' serving area. Do I need to change Kidani to AKL/CL? This is looking mighty fine and dandy
The Great Lodge split

Quote:
I'm seriously scheming on how I can get Ed to agree to try AKL.

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 07-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #157
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well....do pictures work? Find some really great shots and casually flip through while he's sitting close by??? What doesn't he like about AKL? Is it because it looks so removed from everything else? I'm just full of questions this morning, aren't I??
I don't really know what he doesn't like about AKL. You can't get a straight answer out of that man. But, I did make him sit next to me last night & look at your pictures. His response? "Why are you looking at CL? Thought we decided we don't need CL." Then he went on to say, "Book whatever you want, I don't care. I just think there are other resorts we'd rather try 1st." I didn't tell him this - but he's probably right. But, down the road I think we will eventually try AKL.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #158
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran

Im joining the party a little late but had to jump in. We stayed in Jambo in December and i absolutely love that resort! as single parent i cannot afford that resort on my own. My parents took me and my DS as a graduation gift for me. T-rex looks so good. I cannot wait to try it. My son ask me everyday to see mickey! I have to get back there!
1989 first visit off site + several family trips as a child | 1997 AS Sp | 2000 8th grade band trip/offsite |2004 ASM| 2007*Walt Disney College Program- Chatham Square*| 2008 AARC congress at WDW | 2009 ASMo|OCT 2010 POP..1st MNSSHP/DS 1st visit and birthday | Dec 10 POLY |May/June 11 POP |AUG 11 marriott village |Dec 2011 graduation celebration @AKV-Jambo | FEB 13 dolphin | May 13 POP |Sept 13 Yacht club | Nov 13 POFQ | May 14 Disney dream | Sept 14 Assp | June 15 Wonder cruise to Alaska
ME(27)and DS(4)
Sept 13 Disney Video
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR

I loved the poly but Jambo house stole my heart! Dec 11 college graduation TR
My 1st TR: Who says you can't take a 1 year old to WDW. Put that boy in a stroller!Oct 2010
Old 07-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #159
Sue M
DIS Veteran

another update!! The lounge looks beautiful, and breakfast. I love quinoa but have only had it as s rice type side dish with dinner. Had no idea you can use it as cereal. I'll have to try.

The fruit looks beautiful, and can't wait to try the coffee machine, hope I can figure it out without blowing it up

Looking forward to more food pics!!

43 more days to go, and this is making me so excited for our stay,
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 Poly
Old 07-10-2012, 04:27 PM   #160
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Yikes! I got 7 pages behind!

Your review of AKL CL makes me want to switch our reservations for October...

Excellent, excellent review.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #161
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Oh wow. This is officially on my "Must Try" list. Their lounge is fabulous! That fruit. *drool* What was this juice... a mixture of different fruits, like at the Poly (but sans the alcohol)?

Being that I'm a little bit of a coffee nerd...

I wish every CL had one of those machines. It's a Nespresso "commercial" grade machine. It's like a Keurig except it's mainly for making espressos (and therefore cappuccinos. Inside those little capsules is real-deal coffee... no Nescafe junk. (We own a "home" grade Nespresso. I adore it.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
... and can't wait to try the coffee machine, hope I can figure it out without blowing it up
It's easy-peasy! I haven't blown up our kitchen ... yet.

Last edited by Missoutandabout; 07-10-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #162
elphie101
Left my heart in Tomorrowland

Quote:
....you shouldn't have opened up that door for questions. I'll be making my list in the morning while I drink my cup of joe! But I'll go ahead and get started with just one question........so is the MK the only place you worked or did they move you around?

I bet your friend would LOVE a trip to AKL!...very sweet idea. Yall would have to take those extra safaris that are offered, for sure. Hope that happens for you one day
Hahaha I really don't mind Because I worked in attractions, I only worked in my three specific rides, since anywhere else would require separate training (which they typically don't offer CPs because they are only in FL a semester) but at least in terms of the roles available during the CP that's more of the exception. People who do things like merchandise, custodial, character attendants and more are able to work all across property. I did however get to do a couple shifts with the Main St parade CMs during MK's day parade though, and that was a blast!

DF Me
WDW: '91, '92, '94, '01, '06 (offsite)* 7/11 Pop* 8/11 AS Music* 9/11 AS Sports* 12/11 CBR* 6/12 Pop* (TR Here!) 11/12 AS Movies* 1/13 Pop* 9/13 Pop* 5/14 Pop* 10/14 BCV*
DL: '03 (day)* 4/13 Fairfield Inn Anaheim* DCL: 10/14 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean*

Star Command, over and out!*Hellllllooooooo Humans!*It's a great big BEAUTIFUL tomorrow!

Current TR: "That's not supposed to be HERE!" A Disneyland TR!***Our DFTW Planning Journal
Old 07-11-2012, 12:48 AM   #163
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 Poly
Old 07-11-2012, 07:23 AM   #164
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I just realized I missed an update...not sure how that happened!! But I love all the pics of CL food....I think I could get very used to that!!
Very easy to get use to CL....too bad it will be a while before we do it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Too sweet! I am just obsessed...I've only stayed GF, AKL, YC, although I have been booked everywhere CL at some point.

GF is #1 and will probably always be. Although AKL would come in second because I love the resort, and the comfy, quiet lounge...the CL staff at YC were almost if not equally as sweet at the Sugarloaf staff. But the YC CL lounge is teeny, esp. compared to Poly or GF...JMHO.
Obsessed????.....You????? No way, I'll anxiously be awaiting your next change.

Quote:
I don't really know what he doesn't like about AKL. You can't get a straight answer out of that man. But, I did make him sit next to me last night & look at your pictures. His response? "Why are you looking at CL? Thought we decided we don't need CL." Then he went on to say, "Book whatever you want, I don't care. I just think there are other resorts we'd rather try 1st." I didn't tell him this - but he's probably right. But, down the road I think we will eventually try AKL.
Yep...I agree with Ed. Go ahead and book CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by leshunlenese View Post
Im joining the party a little late but had to jump in. We stayed in Jambo in December and i absolutely love that resort! as single parent i cannot afford that resort on my own. My parents took me and my DS as a graduation gift for me. T-rex looks so good. I cannot wait to try it. My son ask me everyday to see mickey! I have to get back there!
Congrats on your graduation How nice of your parents?!!! That's an awesome grad gift!!!! Maybe my husband will do the same when I finish school

Quote:
another update!! The lounge looks beautiful, and breakfast. I love quinoa but have only had it as s rice type side dish with dinner. Had no idea you can use it as cereal. I'll have to try.

The fruit looks beautiful, and can't wait to try the coffee machine, hope I can figure it out without blowing it up

Looking forward to more food pics!!

43 more days to go, and this is making me so excited for our stay,
I don't think Bill really read the directions to the coffee machine, because after he finished and took a sip he started laughing....sure sign that it wasn't right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
Yikes! I got 7 pages behind!

Your review of AKL CL makes me want to switch our reservations for October...

Excellent, excellent review.
Thanks a million! Where are y'all staying for October? Are you doing MNSSHP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Oh wow. This is officially on my "Must Try" list. Their lounge is fabulous! That fruit. *drool* What was this juice... a mixture of different fruits, like at the Poly (but sans the alcohol)?

Being that I'm a little bit of a coffee nerd...

I wish every CL had one of those machines. It's a Nespresso "commercial" grade machine. It's like a Keurig except it's mainly for making espressos (and therefore cappuccinos. Inside those little capsules is real-deal coffee... no Nescafe junk. (We own a "home" grade Nespresso. I adore it.)

It's easy-peasy! I haven't blown up our kitchen ... yet.
Well, I'm quite impressed with your knowledge of 'coffee machines' I would have sounded much more intelligent if I had done some research prior to the trip report and actually called it a "Nespresso"....has a much better ring to it.....Nespresso

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphie101 View Post
Hahaha I really don't mind Because I worked in attractions, I only worked in my three specific rides, since anywhere else would require separate training (which they typically don't offer CPs because they are only in FL a semester) but at least in terms of the roles available during the CP that's more of the exception. People who do things like merchandise, custodial, character attendants and more are able to work all across property. I did however get to do a couple shifts with the Main St parade CMs during MK's day parade though, and that was a blast!
Sounds like so much fun! Wish I had done something like this (ummmm... 20 years ago) when I was in college. I bet you met lots of wonderful people...and maybe a few not so wonderful Thanks for the info!!!! I'll PM you with more questions...

Quote:
Today....I hope.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:52 AM   #165
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Love all the CL pics! Just put a BC October 2013 on hold today, just in case!

Ok, we have to talk about putting salt and pepper in your oatmeal:. In case you haven't heard, oatmeal tastes really good with brown sugar, raisins, and many other things, you must try it the northern way!

Old Navy 40% off with online coupon today! Have a good one!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: