Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2012, 05:29 AM   #1
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Bay lake Tower TOTWL

Good news for DVC members visiting this summer. The TOTWL will be open to all members staying on points for a limited period (*th July - 25th August). We loved the TOTWL when we stayed at BLT a couple of years ago so will definitely be taking advantage.

http://land.allears.net/blogs/dnews/..._bay_lake.html
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #2
paulh
likes to have a beer
Guiness?

were booked into BLT and this was one of the things was looking forward to,not now as feel it might be crowded
Paul
been going since 1992 sayed offtite a few years then at ASMovies,ASmusic,ASsports,Pop,Caribiean beach.coranardo springs,port orleans,beach club,wildernes lodge,AK lodge,Vero beah,Hilton head island,Disneyland hotel ca,paradice pier ca and fav saratoga springs resort all in no particular order and how can i forget the disney 7 night cruise

"Fire. The Greatest Invention of Mankind. Beer. A Close Second."
paulh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #3
wilma-bride

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulh View Post
were booked into BLT and this was one of the things was looking forward to,not now as feel it might be crowded
Paul
Apparently a lot of people have been complaining Paul. The way I look at it, it is better to do this than DVC members ending up losing the privilege because people aren't using the lounge. It was dead when we stayed there. The staff told us that nealry every evening it is the same until just before the fireworks, then loads of people turn up and are gone again just as quick. And those people aren't spending money in the lounge.

If we go, which we may well, it will be to use the lounge. We aren't bothered about seeing Wishes from there, I much prefer it from inside the park.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:02 AM   #4
UKDEB
Found the Tag Fairy's hangout
All whacked up on Scooby Snacks

DISboards Moderator

Looks as though you were holding the shift key when you tried to input 8th July, Joh.

I agree with you. It would be such a shame to see the lounge turned into a private function room or similar and lost to DVC members altogether through lack of use. When we stay there in November, we'll be mostly avoiding it during Wishes and using it at other times. That said, if I was in Paul's position and did want to use it for Wishes, I'd be thinking how typical it was that this free-for-all was happening during my first opportunity to use it! It'll be interesting to see just how busy it makes it. Seems strange that they'd choose a busy time to test it out.

October 1992 ~ Enclave Suites, I-Drive May 1996 ~ Omni Rosen, I-Drive October 1998 ~ Villa-Clear Creek August 2000 ~ Beach Club/Villa-Sunset Lakes July 2001 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge/Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns Christmas 2001 ~ Villa-Formosa Gardens October 2002 ~ Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns May 2003 ~ Portofino Bay/Villa-Cumbrian Lakes January 2004 ~ Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes/Villa-Formosa Gardens July 2004 ~ Grand Floridian/Portofino Bay/Villa-Formosa Gardens December 2004 ~ Villa-Rolling Hills/Disney Wonder Cruise/BoardWalk Grand Villa/Contemporary April 2005 ~ Washington DC, Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Charleston, Savannah, Royal Pacific Resort/Villa-Acadia Estates January 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/Royal Pacific Resort April 2006 ~ Celebration Hotel/NCL Jewel Cruise/Hotel Victor, Miami/Beach Cottage-Disney's Vero Beach October 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/BoardWalk Villa/Rosen Shingle Creek August 2007 ~ Saratoga Springs//Reunion Grande January 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas/Reunion Resort November 2008 ~ BoardWalk Villas/Royal Pacific Resort/Saratoga Springs March 2011 ~ Celebrity Cruise/Veness Towers, a stone's throw from the Magic Kingdom November 2012 ~ Bay Lake Tower/Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota/Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Jupiter/Saratoga Springs September 2013 ~ Kidani Village/Saratoga Springs May 2014 ~ Beach Club Villas/Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek/Bay Lake TowerJanuary 2015 ~ Four Seasons Golden Oak/Bay Lake Tower
UKDEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #5
Kevin Stringer
Chat Host
Oddly concerned about an elephant living in his pyjamas
The TF would like to see Kevin’s rendition of 'Great balls of fire'

I'm not surprised by this. If our experience last March is anything to go by, the place is seriously under-utilised. It was empty before Wishes and again straight afterwards.
As you ladies have said, much better for it to be used and remain open than closed because it's losing money.

Kev
Kevin Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #6
paulh
likes to have a beer
Guiness?

think they need to do some dinning options there,still going to it
Paul
been going since 1992 sayed offtite a few years then at ASMovies,ASmusic,ASsports,Pop,Caribiean beach.coranardo springs,port orleans,beach club,wildernes lodge,AK lodge,Vero beah,Hilton head island,Disneyland hotel ca,paradice pier ca and fav saratoga springs resort all in no particular order and how can i forget the disney 7 night cruise

Old 07-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #7
RDP
DIS Veteran

Can certainly see the point of view of the people who have bought in at BLT. Good news for the rest of us staying on points at other resorts, we would definitely use the lounge if access becomes available all year round. We are always looking for new places to eat! I vote they make it a new signature!!!!!
1999-Swan, 2001- Grand Floridian, 2002-Yacht & Beach Club, 2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge,2004- Grand Floridian&Disney Cruise,2006- Off site, 2008- Dolphin, 2009-AKV Kidani, 2010-Saratoga Springs ,2011-AKV Kidani ,2012 - Port Orleans, DCL-Dream & Beach Club, 2013 - AKV Kidani , 2014 PFB, DCL, CR
RDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #8
PoohBears#1fan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulh
Paul
Ditto, was really looking forward to the exclusivity of it.

Ah well,better than losing it, if I was staying elsewhere I'd be delighted!

1992 - Offsite, 1998 ASMusic, 2001 ASMovies
2003 - BCV 2004 - BCV 2005 - OKW, BCV, HRH
2008 - Islamorada & BCV 2010 - OKW, BWV & AKL
2012 OKW, BLT & VB 2013 - OKW

>
PoohBears#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #9
paulh
likes to have a beer
Guiness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDP View Post
I vote they make it a new signature!!!!!
wouldn't use 2 TS to get a flatbread,but agree they have to put a real restaurant up there.took them a few years to put a proper restaurant in SSR
Paul

Old 08-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #10
paulh
likes to have a beer
Guiness?

We went up there last night, had a nice glass of merlot while watching fireworks, a really nice feeling.think it was the best way ever of watching the fireworks.
the roof was not busy at all, so no need to have worried about it being full.think there trailing the idea because when California grill closed there will only be the blt roof area open
Paul

Old 08-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #11
wilma-bride

DISboards Moderator

Glad to hear it wasn't too busy Paul and that you enjoyed the experience
Old 08-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #12
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDP View Post
Can certainly see the point of view of the people who have bought in at BLT. Good news for the rest of us staying on points at other resorts, we would definitely use the lounge if access becomes available all year round. We are always looking for new places to eat! I vote they make it a new signature!!!!!
I own at BLT and I have no issues it being open to all DVC members who are booked at Disney with their points. I'd rather it be constantly busy than only busy for fireworks.
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration & perhaps some 33 lovin' /15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean & BLT/GFV

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #13
corpcomp
The 100 Yard Dash and Mr. D

Quote:
Originally Posted by TagsMissy

I own at BLT and I have no issues it being open to all DVC members who are booked at Disney with their points. I'd rather it be constantly busy than only busy for fireworks.
Interesting. We were just at BCV a week ago and the security at SAB was in high gear. No one can get in there without staying at BCV Prior to 4pm. Even after 4pm, the normal time where all other are allowed in, they were checking IDs at 9pm still.

Not sure what the change is due to, but the pool was packed to the gills.

1980-2000 - too many to count
March 01 Poly, March 02, 03 Coronado Springs
March 04 Caribbean Beaches, March 05, 06 Coronado Springs
July 06, April 07, April 08 BCV, June 08 BWV & Yacht Club, Feb 09 BWV, Halloween 09 SSR & BWV, April 10, July 10 BCV & VWL, Aug 11 BWV, Aug 12 BCV, April 13 BCV, NYE 13 BLT & BCV
corpcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #14
UKDEB
Found the Tag Fairy's hangout
All whacked up on Scooby Snacks

DISboards Moderator

Sorry, Corpcomp, you've completely lost me. What does the policy regarding Stormalong Bay have to do with opening TOTW Lounge to all DVC Members?

October 1992 ~ Enclave Suites, I-Drive May 1996 ~ Omni Rosen, I-Drive October 1998 ~ Villa-Clear Creek August 2000 ~ Beach Club/Villa-Sunset Lakes July 2001 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge/Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns Christmas 2001 ~ Villa-Formosa Gardens October 2002 ~ Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns May 2003 ~ Portofino Bay/Villa-Cumbrian Lakes January 2004 ~ Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes/Villa-Formosa Gardens July 2004 ~ Grand Floridian/Portofino Bay/Villa-Formosa Gardens December 2004 ~ Villa-Rolling Hills/Disney Wonder Cruise/BoardWalk Grand Villa/Contemporary April 2005 ~ Washington DC, Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Charleston, Savannah, Royal Pacific Resort/Villa-Acadia Estates January 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/Royal Pacific Resort April 2006 ~ Celebration Hotel/NCL Jewel Cruise/Hotel Victor, Miami/Beach Cottage-Disney's Vero Beach October 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/BoardWalk Villa/Rosen Shingle Creek August 2007 ~ Saratoga Springs//Reunion Grande January 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas/Reunion Resort November 2008 ~ BoardWalk Villas/Royal Pacific Resort/Saratoga Springs March 2011 ~ Celebrity Cruise/Veness Towers, a stone's throw from the Magic Kingdom November 2012 ~ Bay Lake Tower/Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota/Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Jupiter/Saratoga Springs September 2013 ~ Kidani Village/Saratoga Springs May 2014 ~ Beach Club Villas/Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek/Bay Lake TowerJanuary 2015 ~ Four Seasons Golden Oak/Bay Lake Tower
UKDEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:11 PM   #15
corpcomp
The 100 Yard Dash and Mr. D

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKDEB View Post
Sorry, Corpcomp, you've completely lost me. What does the policy regarding Stormalong Bay have to do with opening TOTW Lounge to all DVC Members?
I was saying that while they are being more lenient to DVCers for TOTW, they are also being more restrictive to DVCers for SAB at the same time. It was just an interesting conundrum. Sorry if I confused you.

1980-2000 - too many to count
March 01 Poly, March 02, 03 Coronado Springs
March 04 Caribbean Beaches, March 05, 06 Coronado Springs
July 06, April 07, April 08 BCV, June 08 BWV & Yacht Club, Feb 09 BWV, Halloween 09 SSR & BWV, April 10, July 10 BCV & VWL, Aug 11 BWV, Aug 12 BCV, April 13 BCV, NYE 13 BLT & BCV
corpcomp is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: