Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012, 12:11 PM   #106
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
I'm up really late which I shouldn't, but I am not tired right now so I thought I read your next update to your TR.

Your pics of Connor and Xander in bed is very cute. That must be excited for Connor to get a call from Goofy and wishing him a happy birthday. That was a good idea to tell everyone in your party to not bring Connor's birthday presents so you don't have to carry them in the park or go back to the room to carry all those presents.

I do applaud your family members for serving our country. That is great that you only had to pay $297 for all three PH tickets thanks to your relatives.

You did tell me that you and Crap don't make it to rope drops at any of the Disney parks. The only times you are at the parks is for the character breakfast. I am glad that you were at DCA for the rope drop.

When I saw your photos from DCA that morning, I was surprise to see that your group was behind the rope drop. I thought you would have taken advantage of the EMH by staying at the DLR hotels. Also I thought you would enter DCA from the GCH entrance to DCA. I did mention to you before u left on your trip to take advantage of the EMH at the Disney parks since you were staying onsite. I did read on the Cars Land superthread that they do allow the EMH or APEE Guests to enter the RSR FP line before the park opens to the public so you can get a head start to get in the FP line. I'm sorry to hear that Crap had to wait in that long line that morning to get FP for RSR.

Very nice photos of you, Lolo and your kids around BVS and by GRR waterfall. Glad to see that you got a pic of Connor and Xander right by Storyteller's statue.

Nice update to your TR and I can't wait to read more.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
You were up late. I hope you are not too tired at work today.

Connor loved the call from Goofy. I almost did not set it up, because I thought a one year old would not care. Thank goodness I decided to set it up.

Thank you. We were very happy about the cheap tickets. If we had to pay full price, it would have cut into our shopping budget more. So many things fell nicely into place to give us our shopping budget.

After seeing our very first rope drop, I have to admit that I still prefer pre-park opening breakfasts to get ahead of people. It is better for us.

The EMH for hotel guests alternated. Connor's birthday was on a Thrusday. That meant I could not get into DCA any earlier than rope drop (without a pre-park opening meal which I did not even look into due to his birthday lunch we had scheduled). I've heard annual pass people have different EE days, so AP holders could get into DCA early if they signed up for that day. In order to get the military tickets, we had to wait for Lolo to get there. He was very kind in agreeing to get there before 8am. Knowing he was driving from Vegas that morning, I did not want to ask him to get there before 7am.

Plus, I did not want to enter Disneyland that morning anyway, which was the only park with EMH for hotel guests that did not have APs. It was important to us that we spent Connor's birthday at Cars Land. Seeing the new land on the first day of his new year was neat. I just wish he was able to ride something there. You alreaedy know I was disappointed when the height requirements were announced. Once I rode them, I understood why they all had height requirements though. Disney really knows what it is doing.

The military ID had to be present to get and/or redeem tickets. That meant we had to go to the ticket booths that morning. Since the front gates were so close to the ticket booths and the main entrance was already open, going to the GCH entrance did not make any sense this day. Spoiler alert: I did go through the Grand Californian entrance the next day and doubt I will ever do that again. Crap did get in the fastpass line during EE the next day.

I was not sure whether or not you wanted to see the Storyteller's statue. Since you liked it, I hope that means you were okay with seeing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Lovely pics of the family and the kids. The PP pictures look great too. Looking forward to more!
Thanks. I did not want to start the park days without the photopass pictures, so I edited and ordered the CD as quickly as I could and stalled the report for as long as I could. Now, I can as you put it, finally get to the good stuff.

Last edited by kmedina; 07-13-2012 at 12:17 PM.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #107
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina

You were up late. I hope you are not too tired at work today.

Connor loved the call from Goofy. I almost did not set it up, because I thought a one year old would not care. Thank goodness I decided to set it up.

Thank you. We were very happy about the cheap tickets. If we had to pay full price, it would have cut into our shopping budget more. So many things fell nicely into place to give us our shopping budget.

After seeing our very first rope drop, I have to admit that I still prefer pre-park opening breakfasts to get ahead of people. It is better for us.

The EMH for hotel guests alternated. Connor's birthday was on a Thrusday. That meant I could not get into DCA any earlier than rope drop (without a pre-park opening meal which I did not even look into due to his birthday lunch we had scheduled). I've heard annual pass people have different EE days, so AP holders could get into DCA early if they signed up for that day. In order to get the military tickets, we had to wait for Lolo to get there. He was very kind in agreeing to get there before 8am. Knowing he was driving from Vegas that morning, I did not want to ask him to get there before 7am.

Plus, I did not want to enter Disneyland that morning anyway, which was the only park with EMH for hotel guests that did not have APs. It was important to us that we spent Connor's birthday at Cars Land. Seeing the new land on the first day of his new year was neat. I just wish he was able to ride something there. You alreaedy know I was disappointed when the height requirements were announced. Once I rode them, I understood why they all had height requirements though. Disney really knows what it is doing.

The military ID had to be present to get and/or redeem tickets. That meant we had to go to the ticket booths that morning. Since the front gates were so close to the ticket booths and the main entrance was already open, going to the GCH entrance did not make any sense this day. Spoiler alert: I did go through the Grand Californian entrance the next day and doubt I will ever do that again. Crap did get in the fastpass line during EE the next day.

I was not sure whether or not you wanted to see the Storyteller's statue. Since you liked it, I hope that means you were okay with seeing it.

Thanks. I did not want to start the park days without the photopass pictures, so I edited and ordered the CD as quickly as I could and stalled the report for as long as I could. Now, I can as you put it, finally get to the good stuff.
I was way up late last night and I shouldn't.

It was nice to see you make a rope drop that day.

My mistake about the EMH at DCA, you a correct that it was for DL that morning and the APEE was that day. Maybe I was just tired that night that I forgot about it. That was really nice of Lolo to get there early in the morning so you can get the military ticket prices. It would have been nice for Connor to ride something at Cars Land. You did tell me about that you see disappointed about the height requirement for Cars Land.

I thought about not seeing Storyteller's statue until I see it myself, but after seeing all those different websites of the statue, I didn't mind seeing your pics of the statue.

The New 2nd All in One Disneyland TR Thread

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014

Pictures of my Trip to the DLR on June 23rd to 25th, 2014

Videos of my Disney Trips on Youtube

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 07-13-2012 at 12:39 PM.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #108
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
I was way up late last night and I shouldn't.

It was nice to see you make a rope drop that day.

My mistake about the EMH at DCA, you a correct that it was for DL that morning and the APEE was that day. Maybe I was just tired that night that I forgot about it. That was really nice of Lolo to get there early in the morning so you can get the military ticket prices. It would have been nice for Connor to ride something at Cars Land. You did tell me about that you see disappointed about the height requirement for Cars Land.

I thought about not seeing Storyteller's statue until I see it myself, but after seeing all those different websites of the statue, I didn't mind seeing your pics of the statue.

I am happy to say we finally made a rope drop. We came so close at AK a couple of years ago, since we arrived about 10 minutes after the scheduled opening time, and the lines were not open yet. The park opened late, so they did not use the rope when the park opened.

No problems. I appreciate your input. If you think I do not know something or there is something I could do better, I want to know. Whenever I am writing my report, I try to include our mistakes and great findings so others can learn from them. You did give me some tips that helped me, and I still plan on asking you for more before our next trip.

I am glad you like the statue. You will be there soon enough to get pictures of your own.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #109
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I am happy to say we finally made a rope drop. We came so close at AK a couple of years ago, since we arrived about 10 minutes after the scheduled opening time, and the lines were not open yet. The park opened late, so they did not use the rope when the park opened.

No problems. I appreciate your input. If you think I do not know something or there is something I could do better, I want to know. Whenever I am writing my report, I try to include our mistakes and great findings so others can learn from them. You did give me some tips that helped me, and I still plan on asking you for more before our next trip.

I am glad you like the statue. You will be there soon enough to get pictures of your own.
That is very nice that you were able to make a rope drop during your trip. I have done s few rope drop at EPCOT and MK. Those rope drops are way crazier then the DLR rope drops where they are nice and easy.

Your welcome. I will tell you on your next update to your TR of something that you want to know at the DLR. There was some things at WDW during your trip that I don't know about until you wrote it on your TR. If I go back to WDW or go on a Disney Cruise line (that you are trying to get me into last night) I would like to hear about it. That is always a food idea to say what you did wrong and how to correct it when I go back and want to do the same activity. I will help you anytime Kim. Just PM me or we can talk about it on the chit chat thread with the other DISers that we go on.

When I saw the miniature statue during the D23 Expo last year, I was really looking forward to see it full size. I will be there soon in about a month and I will try to get a picture of me with the statue since I got my DB and his GF so they can take the picture. Maybe you will see the both of us in the picture. We barely do get any pictures together since he works a lot. I don't even think that I shared one pic of him during the WDW trip last year.

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014

Old 07-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #110
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
That is very nice that you were able to make a rope drop during your trip. I have done s few rope drop at EPCOT and MK. Those rope drops are way crazier then the DLR rope drops where they are nice and easy.

Your welcome. I will tell you on your next update to your TR of something that you want to know at the DLR. There was some things at WDW during your trip that I don't know about until you wrote it on your TR. If I go back to WDW or go on a Disney Cruise line (that you are trying to get me into last night) I would like to hear about it. That is always a food idea to say what you did wrong and how to correct it when I go back and want to do the same activity. I will help you anytime Kim. Just PM me or we can talk about it on the chit chat thread with the other DISers that we go on.

When I saw the miniature statue during the D23 Expo last year, I was really looking forward to see it full size. I will be there soon in about a month and I will try to get a picture of me with the statue since I got my DB and his GF so they can take the picture. Maybe you will see the both of us in the picture. We barely do get any pictures together since he works a lot. I don't even think that I shared one pic of him during the WDW trip last year.

Now, I just may have to make a WDW rope drop and compare the two.

I still have much to learn about all things Disney, including WDW and the cruise line, so I love when people share information. Even though you are reluctant to take a DCL vacation, I think you would like it. We had such a great time, and it totally had the Disney feel that you love so much. Before we go back to Disney, I will definitely ask for your advice on one of our boards or via PM. Thanks.

I meant to get pictures with my siblings on the recent trip, but I completely spaced it. Hopefully, you remember to get a picture taken with your brother.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #111
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those pics of you and Connor on the phone! Those are so great!

How special for the boys to get to spend the day with their grandpa! He seems like a great guy.

I know nothing about DLR, but it seems like it's always a lot less crowded than WDW. However that Cars Land FP line looks worse than the TSMM Dash! I'm glad that Crap waited in line while you and the boys were able to get such amazing photos.

The Storytellers Statue is great! (I'm a total DLR idiot, is it new?)

Can't wait to hear more, great update as usual Kimberly!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #112
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those pics of you and Connor on the phone! Those are so great!

How special for the boys to get to spend the day with their grandpa! He seems like a great guy.

I know nothing about DLR, but it seems like it's always a lot less crowded than WDW. However that Cars Land FP line looks worse than the TSMM Dash! I'm glad that Crap waited in line while you and the boys were able to get such amazing photos.

The Storytellers Statue is great! (I'm a total DLR idiot, is it new?)

Can't wait to hear more, great update as usual Kimberly!
Thanks. I love them too. Connor reacted so well to the call. It was a great moment.

Yes, my boys love my FIL as do I. He is so easy going and wonderful. I never heard him complain the whole day even though he had been up for a very long time. Crap takes after him in a lot of ways.

I read recently that Disneyland is the most visited park in the US followed by the Magic Kingdom. With the opening of Cars Land, I think the numbers may be shaken up a bit. It makes sense to me that Disneyland is busier than Magic Kingdom, because there are only two parks there. Disneyworld is much larger, so there are more parks to choose from. We saw the fastpass line at WDW reach the 30 minute point a few minutes after park opening last trip. The wait for this was much longer before park opening, so it was definitely worse. I hope the madness dies down a bit once the ride has been open for a while, but people still go crazy at TSMM at DHS. I was glad that the boys and I took pictures while we wandered around. It is just too bad I never remembered to check out any of the new shops on Buena Vista Street.

The Storyteller's Statue is new. It is DCA's version of the Partner's Statue that imagineers say represent the time when Walt was younger and fresh on the scene. Of course, the Partner's Statue represents a time when he was already accomplished. You are not an idiot. I am sure you will get to DLR some time and discover things for yourself. At least, I hope you will.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:02 PM   #113
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
Now, I just may have to make a WDW rope drop and compare the two.

I still have much to learn about all things Disney, including WDW and the cruise line, so I love when people share information. Even though you are reluctant to take a DCL vacation, I think you would like it. We had such a great time, and it totally had the Disney feel that you love so much. Before we go back to Disney, I will definitely ask for your advice on one of our boards or via PM. Thanks.

I meant to get pictures with my siblings on the recent trip, but I completely spaced it. Hopefully, you remember to get a picture taken with your brother.

If you do make a WDW rope drop, which one would you do Kim and why?

I do love going on the DIS threads to get all the latest info on all the parks around the world and need some info on something that I want to do when I go. I may be reluctant to take a DCL, but maybe if I get a GF one day and wants to do a cruise, I will think of doing a DCL vacation. I will have no problem helping you with any advice.

I will try to remember to get a picture with my DB on this trip.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:48 PM   #114
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
If you do make a WDW rope drop, which one would you do Kim and why?

I do love going on the DIS threads to get all the latest info on all the parks around the world and need some info on something that I want to do when I go. I may be reluctant to take a DCL, but maybe if I get a GF one day and wants to do a cruise, I will think of doing a DCL vacation. I will have no problem helping you with any advice.

I will try to remember to get a picture with my DB on this trip.
If I had to choose between the four, I would choose DHS. It is my favorite WDW park, and we missed getting fastpasses for TSMM last time due to a 30+ minute wait just to get them. MK would be my second choice to do the Fantasyland rides with short lines.

I hope you get a girlfriend who likes cruising then. It is a lot of fun. You should give cruising another chance someday but take DCL this time.

I will remind you if you do your live reporting and I remember.

Last edited by kmedina; 07-13-2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:13 AM   #115
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:

If I had to choose between the four, I would choose DHS. It is my favorite WDW park, and we missed getting fastpasses for TSMM last time due to a 30+ minute wait just to get them. MK would be my second choice to do the Fantasyland rides with short lines.

I hope you get a girlfriend who likes cruising then. It is a lot of fun. You should give cruising another chance someday but take DCL this time.

I will remind you if you do your live reporting and I remember.
I agree with you Kim and would choose DHS. Just because of getting TSMM FP. Good thing DCA TSMM doesn't have a FP system or the lines will be really long. I wanted to try DHS TSMM, but the wait time was just way too long and they are the same ride. I also like EPCOT rope drop since I head on over to The Land to get FPs for Soarin. I can't believe how crowded Soarin at EPCOT is while DCA Soarin wait time is nothing compared to EPCOT.

That will be a very long time if I can find a girlfriend that has the same hobby as me. I will consider a DCL one day.

Remind me when I go next month to DL if I do a live TR. I might do live TRs right now thanks to the new app which Ames it easier to type and doesn't use too much data plans hen I am using safari on my iPad.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:23 AM   #116
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
I agree with you Kim and would choose DHS. Just because of getting TSMM FP. Good thing DCA TSMM doesn't have a FP system or the lines will be really long. I wanted to try DHS TSMM, but the wait time was just way too long and they are the same ride. I also like EPCOT rope drop since I head on over to The Land to get FPs for Soarin. I can't believe how crowded Soarin at EPCOT is while DCA Soarin wait time is nothing compared to EPCOT.

That will be a very long time if I can find a girlfriend that has the same hobby as me. I will consider a DCL one day.

Remind me when I go next month to DL if I do a live TR. I might do live TRs right now thanks to the new app which Ames it easier to type and doesn't use too much data plans hen I am using safari on my iPad.

I noticed that about Soarin' as well. For me, it is an all right ride. It is okay if I miss it. Crap and Xander rode it with an any ride fastpass at Epcot last trip, but they were still gone well over 30 minutes. I chose not to ride it. We all rode it on our recent trip at DCA.

You will just have to convert her to Disney if she is not already a fan. Crap is not as big of a fan as I am, but he does it anyway. He always has a great time too, so he never complains.

I will remind you. My mother actually came to my wedding (and I rarely see her). The photographer did not take my list of suggested photos, because he claimed to know which ones to get. He never remembered to take that one, and I did not remember either. I wish someone would have reminded me. Of course, I got a lot with my Dad.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:28 AM   #117
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
I noticed that about Soarin' as well. For me, it is an all right ride. It is okay if I miss it. Crap and Xander rode it with an any ride fastpass at Epcot last trip, but they were still gone well over 30 minutes. I chose not to ride it. We all rode it on our recent trip at DCA.

You will just have to convert her to Disney if she is not already a fan. Crap is not as big of a fan as I am, but he does it anyway. He always has a great time too, so he never complains.

I will remind you. My mother actually came to my wedding (and I rarely see her). The photographer did not take my list of suggested photos, because he claimed to know which ones to get. He never remembered to take that one, and I did not remember either. I wish someone would have reminded me. Of course, I got a lot with my Dad.
I remember one time I saw Soarin wait time at EPCOT 2+ hours. That was really insane to see Soarin wait time all the way up to 2 hours. I don't think I have ever seen DCA Soarin wait time past 1 hour. It is a nice ride, my DA still loves riding Soarin, but we just didn't have time to ride it since the wait times were past 30+ minutes in the afternoon.

Good to hear that Crap has a great time on the Disney trips which he isn't a big fan as you are.

Old 07-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #118
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
I remember one time I saw Soarin wait time at EPCOT 2+ hours. That was really insane to see Soarin wait time all the way up to 2 hours. I don't think I have ever seen DCA Soarin wait time past 1 hour. It is a nice ride, my DA still loves riding Soarin, but we just didn't have time to ride it since the wait times were past 30+ minutes in the afternoon.

Good to hear that Crap has a great time on the Disney trips which he isn't a big fan as you are.
I do not remember what the standby time was the last time we were there. Since it took over 30 minutes to go through the fastpass line, I am assuming it was long. If the line is remotely long, I do not need to ride it. My limit would be half an hour tops.

Crap loves our trips. He complains before we get there but never complains while we are there or after we leave. I only remember him having fond memories. Truth be told, I think he likes it more than he lets on.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:27 PM   #119
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. That's one of our favorite DTD restaurants, but we've never ordered an entree there. We each get a soup, the calamari appetizer to share and that funky garlic bread. By that point we're almost stuffed, but always have enough room for the Chocolate Bread Pudding Souffle.

Those crowds for Carsland look insane! I hope they have calmed down a little in two weeks. I'm looking forward to more pictures and hearing about the rest of your trip!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #120
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. That's one of our favorite DTD restaurants, but we've never ordered an entree there. We each get a soup, the calamari appetizer to share and that funky garlic bread. By that point we're almost stuffed, but always have enough room for the Chocolate Bread Pudding Souffle.

Those crowds for Carsland look insane! I hope they have calmed down a little in two weeks. I'm looking forward to more pictures and hearing about the rest of your trip!
We enjoyed dinner so much that I may return there on our next trip. That may push back my goal to eat at a new place. I am going to try the buscuits and the garlic bread next time (unless they are the same thing there). I never miss a chance to order a souffle, even if it is not a traditional souffle.

It was insane, but I am glad we were there. Hopefully, everything calms down for you. I cannot wait to read about how your upcoming trip goes.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: