Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #76
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Your meal at the Jazz kitchen sounds perfect! I understand how wonderful it is when everything comes together, good food, good atmosphere, and (most importantly) good behavior!

Unfortunately around here the last condition is pretty rare. We've taken to bringing the ipad with us to eat out, which I know is lazy parenting, but is really the only way we can make it through a meal at a restaurant without tears (both mine and DS's). I know there will come a time when DS learns how to control his volume, can sit still for more than two minutes at a time, and realizes that yelling "I'm pooping!" is not exactly dinner conversation, but until then, thank god for technology!

Oh and Crap, I'm really honored that you decided to take the leap of faith and reveal your true identity! Does this mean we have to stop calling you Crap?
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #77
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Unfortunately around here the last condition is pretty rare. We've taken to bringing the ipad with us to eat out, which I know is lazy parenting, but is really the only way we can make it through a meal at a restaurant without tears (both mine and DS's). I know there will come a time when DS learns how to control his volume, can sit still for more than two minutes at a time, and realizes that yelling "I'm pooping!" is not exactly dinner conversation, but until then, thank god for technology!

I'm dying! That's hilarious, and something I can totally relate to.

Oh and Crap, I'm really honored that you decided to take the leap of faith and reveal your true identity! Does this mean we have to stop calling you Crap?
I missed the big reveal, but I'm kind of glad that I did. It's like finding out Superman's true identity. Kinda ruins it.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2012, 11:45 PM   #78
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Your meal at the Jazz kitchen sounds perfect! I understand how wonderful it is when everything comes together, good food, good atmosphere, and (most importantly) good behavior!

It really was a great meal. Lately, we have not had many of those. When we all eat out together, I have issues with Connor. My issues seem to be with Xander when Crap is not there.

I let Xander play with my iPhone all the time, so I am not one who thinks it is lazy parenting, at all. You have to do what works. If it was not for my phone the other day, I do not know how I would have made it through my dentist appt. Connor sat in my lap through the appt while Xander played with my phone. I was literally pinned under the baby and the dentist, so I needed Xander to behave. The I'm pooping comment made me laugh so hard. Xander was always a shy pooper. When he got a little older, he would hide to poop.

I asked him if he mentioned his real name, because he wanted me to stop calling him Crap. He swears he has no problem with the name. Apparently, he figured everyone knew his name anyway, so he wanted to announce it. Now that he mentioned it, some people may know his name. Unless I change my screen name to exclude our last name, I will not mention his name publicly on the boards. Of course, I do not mind certain people like you who may know it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I missed the big reveal, but I'm kind of glad that I did. It's like finding out Superman's true identity. Kinda ruins it.
After how paranoid he made me about it, I will not post it publicly for everyone to view. He is literally the only person who comes up when you google his name. Scary stuff when you think of all of the people you do not really know seeing it. I feel like I know you, so I'd be perfectly fine with you knowing.

Last edited by kmedina; 07-10-2012 at 12:05 AM.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #79
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I totally understand why he'd want to keep his name a secret. That could be really scary! Plus, I figured he's appreciate being compared to a superhero!

Feel free to steal the money as reward idea. I made a chart on a dry erase board, and for each day that she gets through with less than 3 strikes, she gets a star. For each star, she gets a dollar. We've only been at it for a week, and she's already trying much harder to behave than she was before. We counted her money with her tonight, and she's extra motivated to behave now.

I hope it works for you! 5 has been tough.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:12 AM   #80
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I totally understand why he'd want to keep his name a secret. That could be really scary! Plus, I figured he's appreciate being compared to a superhero!

Feel free to steal the money as reward idea. I made a chart on a dry erase board, and for each day that she gets through with less than 3 strikes, she gets a star. For each star, she gets a dollar. We've only been at it for a week, and she's already trying much harder to behave than she was before. We counted her money with her tonight, and she's extra motivated to behave now.

I hope it works for you! 5 has been tough.
Superman is his favorite super hero too, so I am sure he appreciated it. If only I created a user name that did not include our last name, he would not have to be Crap. Oh well. We cannot un-ring that bell now.

I am glad it is working for Maddie. Xander needs extra motivation.

Five does seem to be a trying age. He has been throwing more fits than he did at three or four. I wondered if it was just because he sees it works for Connor or if he just wants to make things harder for me. I can usually handle one of them melting down at a time. When I am alone and they both do it, I feel outnumbered!
Old 07-10-2012, 04:14 AM   #81
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Dang! I missed Crap!

Love the pics of your dinner.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #82
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Dang! I missed Crap!

Love the pics of your dinner.
That is one of the funniest sentences I've read in a long time.

Thanks. Dinner was excellent.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #83
LadyFaire88
Earning My Ears

I'm so glad I found your trip report. I'm currently expecting my first baby (due Jan 4th) and I'm already planning baby's first Disneyland trip (Dec 2013). Can't wait to read more about how yours went with a 1 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Previous trips:
Couple of times to DL as a kid
Oct 27-Nov 4th, 2011- DL honeymoon
LadyFaire88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #84
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFaire88 View Post
I'm so glad I found your trip report. I'm currently expecting my first baby (due Jan 4th) and I'm already planning baby's first Disneyland trip (Dec 2013). Can't wait to read more about how yours went with a 1 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I am glad you found it too. Taking young ones to Disney is a very magical time for a family and will leave wonderful, long lasting memories for you and your DH. Congratulations on your pregnancy. Hopefully, your trip will be wonderful. The majority of ours was, and I would not trade these early Disney vacations with the kids for anything.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #85
pikaboo27
I knew I could count on you!

We go to Brennan's almost every visit. I'm glad you got the double chocolate souffle! That is one of DH's and my favorite desserts at the resort. For entrees, I usually get the BBQ shrimp and grits and DH usually gets the pasta dish. My mouth is actually watering right now thinking about the souffle. lol

I'm glad the kids were good during dinner. Last time we were at DLR, we went to Carthay Circle and Stitch started screaming just as our entrees arrived. Nothing like a cold $18 entree after walking your child around outside the restaurant. Oh well. I think he just didn't like that he couldn't sit at the table with us since he was too young for a high chair. Hopefully next time we go, it will be better.

Did Conner get to try a dole whip on your trip? We are planning to give Stitch a tiny taste in September. Something tells me he's going to love it.

pikaboo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #86
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikaboo27 View Post
We go to Brennan's almost every visit. I'm glad you got the double chocolate souffle! That is one of DH's and my favorite desserts at the resort. For entrees, I usually get the BBQ shrimp and grits and DH usually gets the pasta dish. My mouth is actually watering right now thinking about the souffle. lol

I'm glad the kids were good during dinner. Last time we were at DLR, we went to Carthay Circle and Stitch started screaming just as our entrees arrived. Nothing like a cold $18 entree after walking your child around outside the restaurant. Oh well. I think he just didn't like that he couldn't sit at the table with us since he was too young for a high chair. Hopefully next time we go, it will be better.

Did Conner get to try a dole whip on your trip? We are planning to give Stitch a tiny taste in September. Something tells me he's going to love it.
We had been to the Jazz Kitchen Express portion before, since we love the beignets. It was our first time dining in the actual restaurant though. I will certainly return there. Souffles are absolutely my favorite dessert, so I never miss a chance to order them. We never saw the dessert menu, but the server did mention it was not a traditional souffle. The receipt called it bread pudding. That said, it was the best bread pudding I've ever had. I've had better souffles though. My favorite item there was the potato, egg dish. Everything was so good that even though the souffle was my least favorite thing, I adored it.

Our experience at Carthay Circle with Connor was very similar. The food was excellent, but it was my least favorite sit down experience of the trip. Sorry to hear it was rough for you as well. We want to dine there again when we return to get it right this time. Hopefully, it goes better for you next time as well.

I loathe pineapples, so I never think of dole whips unless someone else in the group brings it up. Crap never mentioned getting a dole whip, so the thought never crossed my mind. Next trip, I should ask Crap to get one and share it with him. Connor would probably like it. He is a very adventurous eater thus far. Are you planning on doing a trip report? I would love to read about how Stitch reacts to his first taste of dole whip and other things.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:20 AM   #87
MrsTeddy
Mouseketeer

Your meal sounded really yummy and the in room celebration looked awesome! It makes me wish we had planned one as well, we will one day for sure!
I don't think Connor looks like a girl! He is adorable and although small he is getting big! Logan has delicate features as well and was often mistaken for a girl. Ellie has only been called a boy once or twice, I usually have her pretty dolled up!

me Sar; wife to Les; mommy to Logan (July/09) and Eliya (March/12)

3rd Birthday with a 3 month old! July 2012 PTR

Disney Trips:
March 2000 offiste~March 2010 offsite~July 2012 AoA cars~December 2013 POFQ~!
MrsTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:29 AM   #88
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTeddy View Post
Your meal sounded really yummy and the in room celebration looked awesome! It makes me wish we had planned one as well, we will one day for sure!
I don't think Connor looks like a girl! He is adorable and although small he is getting big! Logan has delicate features as well and was often mistaken for a girl. Ellie has only been called a boy once or twice, I usually have her pretty dolled up!
It was an excellent meal. The in room celebration was better than I expected it would be. Both boys loved it.

Connor has been called a girl before too. It is rare that he is not dressed in masculine clothes, but this day was not gender specific. He looks like a boy to me as well, but I was not offended at her missed guess. I'll bet Ellie looks like a little princess in all of her clothes. She really is a beautiful little girl.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:09 AM   #89
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
Dinner was excellent. There was no a bad moment the entire time we were there. I wish all dinners could be like that. A similar meal here is much more expensive, so we were fine with the cost.

Crap was still working at midnight, so he had not gone to bed yet. I was in bed but still awake. It takes me a long time to fall asleep, and it has been a long time since I was asleep before midnight.

Thanks, Bret.
Glad to hear that you had a great dinner. You are right that your meal price was very decent at Ralph's.

Was he tired the next day after working till midnight?

The New 2nd All in One Disneyland TR Thread

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014

Pictures of my Trip to the DLR on July 26th to 28th, 2014

Videos of my Disney Trips on Youtube
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:42 AM   #90
CrapBag
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Glad to hear that you had a great dinner. You are right that your meal price was very decent at Ralph's.

Was he tired the next day after working till midnight?
No. I regularly get 4-6 hours of sleep each night. #SleepDeprivationFTW

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: