Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2012, 12:37 AM   #31
CrapBag
Earning My Ears

Kimberly and Xander are kryptonite to electronic devices... mostly thanks to an innate clumsiness that has led to countless Pepsi-drenched pants, a tablet being dropped down a set of stairs (resulting in the Home button on an iPad going wonky, only working once every seven or so presses), a phone falling off of a Post Office counter, and a myriad of other incidents that had generous doses of hilarity and pinches of "aw, man, did that really have to happen" mixed in.

But I love my family and all of their clumsy quirks! In fact, I can't wait for Kimberly to share what happened inside of Flo's V8 Cafe. Here's a hint... there was a little bit of shakin' and a whole lotta chocolate milk showerin' going on!

I wasn't completely stingy. I did let Kimberly use my company BlackBerry during this trip. My thought? Maybe she'll break it... thereby allowing me to possibly replace it with a newer, better model!
Old 07-05-2012, 01:10 AM   #32
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrapBag View Post
Kimberly and Xander are kryptonite to electronic devices... mostly thanks to an innate clumsiness that has led to countless Pepsi-drenched pants, a tablet being dropped down a set of stairs (resulting in the Home button on an iPad going wonky, only working once every seven or so presses), a phone falling off of a Post Office counter, and a myriad of other incidents that had generous doses of hilarity and pinches of "aw, man, did that really have to happen" mixed in.

But I love my family and all of their clumsy quirks! In fact, I can't wait for Kimberly to share what happened inside of Flo's V8 Cafe. Here's a hint... there was a little bit of shakin' and a whole lotta chocolate milk showerin' going on!

I wasn't completely stingy. I did let Kimberly use my company BlackBerry during this trip. My thought? Maybe she'll break it... thereby allowing me to possibly replace it with a newer, better model!
I am clumsy, and I do not deny that. Prior to this, nothing had ever happened to any of my cell phones though. Saying Xander and I are kryptonite to electronics whilst leaving your own name off the list is like saying if you fall into a swimming pool, you may get wet. Let's not forget who dropped and broke the first laptop. That was you. Granted, Xander dropped and broke the second one. I believe you also broke an MP3 player and tried to blame me. Connor broke Xander's PS3 controller, so he certainly belongs in this electronic breaking family as well. I also dropped and broke our first DSLR as long as we are pointing fingers. That was fun.

You're giving away a lot of spoilers. Yes, the chocolate milk episode was quite funny. I still laugh when I think about it, but nothing will ever beat the initial laughter after it happened.

When you remembered to loan me the Blackberry, it came in handy. Thanks. It also reminded me of how much I do not miss my old Blackberry. If I knew you wanted me to break it for you, I would have tried harder. The funny thing is it probably would have been replaced with the same phone, lol. No one at your new job has a work iPhone, right? Although, I would not be surprised if you were a trailblazer for the whole work iPhone there as well. All joking aside, thanks for trusting me with your work phone but not your personal phone. I am sure a co-worker of yours might love reading that!
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2012, 05:08 AM   #33
DreamingofDaWorld
Earning My Ears

Reading that you planned a get together with that many people, definately makes me feel better about trying to plan our trip for 14. lol That is horrible about your phone- hoping to read that the rice trick worked. My brother got pushed in my mom's pool a few years back, complete with cell phone in his back pocket. Can't remember exactly what he did to dry it out, but after a few days, it did start to work again.

Me-38 DS-17 DS-10 DS-8 DS-7 DS-4 DD-2
:

DreamingofDaWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #34
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

The interaction between you two makes me laugh! I'm very clumsy myself, so don't feel bad. I usually just hurt myself though, not any of the electronics. Just yesterday I walked into a screen door, and on last years WDW trip I walked straight into one of those big concrete poles that are meant to keep people from driving up to the gates at DHS

I do have a really bad habit of leaving my phone places though. Twice in the last 6 months we've had to drive back to a restaurant where we left it. DH always asks if I have the phone when we leave somewhere.

My DH still uses his Blackberry and hates it! I don't use is iPad so that he has one cool device. He does let Maddie use the iPad though, and (knock on wood) she hasn't messed it up yet.

I can't wait to hear about the chocolate milk incedent!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #35
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Oh man srry to hear about your phone, can't wait for the outcome!

You are too funny. The drive there sounds hilarious. I can't imagine DH not letting me use any of his things, but then again I'm the tech geek out of the two of us. I bought "him" an ipad - he wanted one but I bought it mainly bc I wanted it and knew that it would be good to have for Aria eventually LOL.

Anyway can't wait to see pictures! Loved the stop and true blood drink, tho I gave up on that show after the first season LOL.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #36
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Oh gosh, your poor phone! We did the rice trick with my dad's phone when he forgot he had it in his pocket and then spent the day at blizzard beach It actually worked, but he had an older phone that didn't really do anything but make calls. I'm sure the electronics in a iphone are much more easily damaged.

I do think its funny that Crap won't let you or the kids touch his devises, especially since in this house DS uses the ipad more than me and DH combined.

My DH won't let me drive either, claiming that I'm a "bad driver". Guess which one of the two of us has never been in an accident-
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #37
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingofDaWorld View Post
Reading that you planned a get together with that many people, definately makes me feel better about trying to plan our trip for 14. lol That is horrible about your phone- hoping to read that the rice trick worked. My brother got pushed in my mom's pool a few years back, complete with cell phone in his back pocket. Can't remember exactly what he did to dry it out, but after a few days, it did start to work again.

Big groups can be a lot of fun at times. Crap has four parents, one full sister (Rachel), two half sisters (Becky and Sarah), two half brothers and three step-siblings. I have six siblings. We have large families, so we usually have big get togethers. When my sister got married, we had a group of 17 at WDW. Xander, Crap and I would separate at times and meet back up with them at other times. Our group was almost 40 when we went to Magic Mountain in 2010. In 2004, my Dad, my Mom (which is rare, since we barely see her), all of my siblings and their families made it to Disneyland with us. That was a great trip. The best plan of attack with large groups is not to stay together the whole day. It is hard to move a large group of people. No one ever wants to do the same things, so there is a lot of discussion and not a lot of moving.

I am glad to hear your brother's phone dried out. At that point, I was really optimistic it would dry out and work again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
The interaction between you two makes me laugh! I'm very clumsy myself, so don't feel bad. I usually just hurt myself though, not any of the electronics. Just yesterday I walked into a screen door, and on last years WDW trip I walked straight into one of those big concrete poles that are meant to keep people from driving up to the gates at DHS

I do have a really bad habit of leaving my phone places though. Twice in the last 6 months we've had to drive back to a restaurant where we left it. DH always asks if I have the phone when we leave somewhere.

My DH still uses his Blackberry and hates it! I don't use is iPad so that he has one cool device. He does let Maddie use the iPad though, and (knock on wood) she hasn't messed it up yet.

I can't wait to hear about the chocolate milk incedent!
Crap likes to tease. Sometimes I find it fun, but I find it annoying at other times. It is who he is though, so you are seeing the real him. Nevermind that he is teasing me on a public forum. I hurt myself a lot too. My depth perception is off, so I am always running into and tripping over things. Xander takes after me unfortunately. Hopefully, you are feeling better after running into the screen door.

Crap always leaves behind sun glasses. I have OCD, so I do not usually leave things behind. Xander was playing in the diaper bag when Connor was a newborn and took my wallet out. It was not until I got home that I realized it was missing. Luckily, it was still at the restaurant with all of my money and cards still in it.

I will never go back to a Blackberry after owning my iPhone. It does not even have my banking app or Scramble with Friends, which is my game obsession. The Facebook for Blackberry app is not fun, and the Foursquare app is slow! Xander breaks things all the time, so it is nice to hear Maddie does not. Maybe, there is hope for Connor or my future kid whenever I have him/her (hopefully her). It took me a while to get my cell phone off Spanish mode the other day after he changed it. My oldest sister actually speaks spanish, so I almost called her.

I laughed for multiple minutes after the chocolate milk incident. It was a perfectly us moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
Oh man srry to hear about your phone, can't wait for the outcome!

You are too funny. The drive there sounds hilarious. I can't imagine DH not letting me use any of his things, but then again I'm the tech geek out of the two of us. I bought "him" an ipad - he wanted one but I bought it mainly bc I wanted it and knew that it would be good to have for Aria eventually LOL.

Anyway can't wait to see pictures! Loved the stop and true blood drink, tho I gave up on that show after the first season LOL.

It was so hard being without my phone. My loaner was no fun, because Crap did not always remember to give it to me. The battery died quickly, so it never lasted more than half a day. It barely has any of the apps I use either.

Crap is the tech savvy one in our household. He is so afraid I am going to damage something that he does everything himself. Prior to switching to Business Management, he was a Computer Engineering Major in school though. I started and finished in Management, so I took two computer classes in school. The job I worked at for over 11 years had its own IT department as well. One of these days, I will need to learn things on my own. Somewhere Crap is reading that line and cringing. Xander actually navigates electronic devices pretty well. He is just cursed with my lack of grace. I can see Aria navigating the iPad well when she inherits it.

The show I love, but the drink was gross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Oh gosh, your poor phone! We did the rice trick with my dad's phone when he forgot he had it in his pocket and then spent the day at blizzard beach It actually worked, but he had an older phone that didn't really do anything but make calls. I'm sure the electronics in a iphone are much more easily damaged.

I do think its funny that Crap won't let you or the kids touch his devises, especially since in this house DS uses the ipad more than me and DH combined.

My DH won't let me drive either, claiming that I'm a "bad driver". Guess which one of the two of us has never been in an accident-
"

I was so optimistic that my phone would work again. Almost everyone online said it would work again. Crap had me a little nervous, since he said I should not have hit the home button at all. Glad to hear that your Dad's phone worked again.

Xander uses my iPhone all the time. He has not broken it, but he has: changed the settings to Spanish, taken more pictures than I can count, FaceTimed people, updated my Facebook status, texted people, called people, emailed people, added appointments into my calendar (getting frozen yogurt at 2pm on a random day was my favorite), moved my apps around, renamed files, etc. You name it, and he has done it. Once he even downloaded an app. I learned the hard way that you do not need to enter an Apple ID password within a few minutes of updating another app. After updating an app, I let him play with my phone. Crap is more protective over his things. After seeig what Xander has done to my phone, maybe Crap is the smart one. Not allowing me to touch it is just rude though.

The last time I was the driver in a car accident was about 11.5 years ago. It was the other driver's fault though. Crap was driving my car a little over three years ago, and someone rear ended us at a stop light. He has been in more accidents, but he would argue that he drives more than I do. I am sure you're not a bad driver.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #38
pikaboo27
I knew I could count on you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
"

I consider Disneyland home too, since I have been there far more than anywhere else. Being an owner at VGC means it really is home to you. That's awesome.

You were there on opening day then. What a brave soul you are! It's cool that you were a part of history.
It was neat being there opening weekend. And the 16th was great because most of the AP holders were blacked out (DH and I have premium APs) so the parks were empty. And DH was able to get all but one of the LE pins.

It's funny, we own at VGC, but we've never stayed at the villas there! lol We usually end up converting our points to hotel points and staying at the DLH. VGC just doesn't have enough DVC rooms available so you need more notice than we usually have when we plan a trip. That's changing for us this September for the half marathon weekend (I'm doing the 5K, but DH is doing the 1/2) and we have finally managed to book a stay at the villas.

You mentioned you are considering buying DVC. FYI, using your points at WDW is a much better value than at DLR. For example, we love to go to DLR in early December to see all the Christmas stuff. At VGC, a one bedroom for 12/7-12/9 (a long weekend) is 96 pts. That same weekend at BWV is 54 points for the same one bedroom. Even a MK view at BLT is cheaper at 88 pts. So that is something to consider when you are looking at DVC.

Ok, sorry, tangent over...Anyways, loving the report so far. Sorry about your phone. DH likes it when I drive the long drives because I let him play on his 3G Ipad. Last year at Christmas time, he ordered all our Christmas/Hanukah gifts for the whole family on the drive home. lol

pikaboo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #39
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikaboo27 View Post
It was neat being there opening weekend. And the 16th was great because most of the AP holders were blacked out (DH and I have premium APs) so the parks were empty. And DH was able to get all but one of the LE pins.

It's funny, we own at VGC, but we've never stayed at the villas there! lol We usually end up converting our points to hotel points and staying at the DLH. VGC just doesn't have enough DVC rooms available so you need more notice than we usually have when we plan a trip. That's changing for us this September for the half marathon weekend (I'm doing the 5K, but DH is doing the 1/2) and we have finally managed to book a stay at the villas.

You mentioned you are considering buying DVC. FYI, using your points at WDW is a much better value than at DLR. For example, we love to go to DLR in early December to see all the Christmas stuff. At VGC, a one bedroom for 12/7-12/9 (a long weekend) is 96 pts. That same weekend at BWV is 54 points for the same one bedroom. Even a MK view at BLT is cheaper at 88 pts. So that is something to consider when you are looking at DVC.

Ok, sorry, tangent over...Anyways, loving the report so far. Sorry about your phone. DH likes it when I drive the long drives because I let him play on his 3G Ipad. Last year at Christmas time, he ordered all our Christmas/Hanukah gifts for the whole family on the drive home. lol
I am glad you had a mostly empty park on the 16th after putting up with the crowds on the 15th.

I've heard that about VGC. Even owners have a hard time getting a room, which concerns me. Good thing you finally get to stay there this September.

The regular room rates at the Grand Californian are higher than the Grand Floridian at times, so I am not surprised it takes a lot of points to stay there. Disney should build some more villas there for members. Crap is not convinced membership is the way to go, so I do not know if I will even be a DVC owner.

I love hearing more about the DVC, so no worries here. One day, I hope to have both the funds and the ability to convince Crap it is the way to go. Being without the phone was very hard. It is neat that your DH bought gifts from his iPad while you drove. Good for him.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #40
MrsTeddy
Mouseketeer

All caught up!!

I'm so glad you started!

Sounds liek things were off to an interesting start!

I'm a bit clumsy too, Les defintely woudl have shared with me tho!

He doens't let me drive either unless he has been drinking or is very very sick or tired. He's a control freak!!

I can't wait to read the rest!

Those boys of yours just get cuter and cuter I swear!!

me Sar; wife to Les; mommy to Logan (July/09) and Eliya (March/12)

3rd Birthday with a 3 month old! July 2012 PTR

Disney Trips:
March 2000 offiste~March 2010 offsite~July 2012 AoA cars~December 2013 POFQ~!
MrsTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #41
MrsTeddy
Mouseketeer

oh and I love all your family intro photos! Nice start to the TR!

me Sar; wife to Les; mommy to Logan (July/09) and Eliya (March/12)

3rd Birthday with a 3 month old! July 2012 PTR

Disney Trips:
March 2000 offiste~March 2010 offsite~July 2012 AoA cars~December 2013 POFQ~!
MrsTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #42
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Don't think I would have been able to live the phone thing down! looking forward to more!
Old 07-05-2012, 11:38 PM   #43
MinnieLovesMickey
Peyton Manning's #1 Fan!

Oh My Gosh! I squealed with delight when I saw that bottle of True Blood. I love that show. I heard there was a drink made but that's the first time I have seen it. What I would give to find that.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:42 AM   #44
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTeddy View Post
All caught up!!

I'm so glad you started!

Sounds liek things were off to an interesting start!

I'm a bit clumsy too, Les defintely woudl have shared with me tho!

He doens't let me drive either unless he has been drinking or is very very sick or tired. He's a control freak!!

I can't wait to read the rest!

Those boys of yours just get cuter and cuter I swear!!

Things definitely started off interesting.

Crap is not really into sharing his gadgets, but I share.

The more I think about Crap saying I am a bad driver, I think it is a control issue as well. He did not even want to let me drive one night when he had a huge mug of beer. Of course, I insisted. I never drink. If he has more than one small glass, I am driving us home whether he likes it or not.

Thank you. Your kids keep getting cuter too, so I know what you mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTeddy View Post
oh and I love all your family intro photos! Nice start to the TR!
Thanks. No one has complained about their photos here so far, so they either do not know or are okay with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Don't think I would have been able to live the phone thing down! looking forward to more!
I never live anything down with Crap. He has a teasing nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey View Post
Oh My Gosh! I squealed with delight when I saw that bottle of True Blood. I love that show. I heard there was a drink made but that's the first time I have seen it. What I would give to find that.
I am not sure where on the West Coast you live. If you ever have to drive through Baker, Alien Fresh Jerky always sells them. They are also sold online, so you can have them shipped to your house. Crap loves the taste, but I do not.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #45
MinnieLovesMickey
Peyton Manning's #1 Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post

I am not sure where on the West Coast you live. If you ever have to drive through Baker, Alien Fresh Jerky always sells them. They are also sold online, so you can have them shipped to your house. Crap loves the taste, but I do not.
Just found it online and all I can say is,"HOLY BEJEEBERS BATMAN!" $15-20 for 4 of them! I guess I don't need it the bad.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: