Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #151
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
You took some nice pics that day. That is a very nice score on TSMM that day. Anything is possible. I'll just leave it at that.

Yes, you did mention that he is competitive. I believe you said it on your WDW TR. Your score was really good. Some people couldn't even get 50,000+ on TSMM even with two hands. I also saw that you had a high hit percentage. I say that it is something to be very proud of. Crap is a video game player since he like to play MW3 as you told me awhile ago. I can imagine you being the better than Crap on TSMM or BLAB. It takes practice and you got to know where are the secret targets and high points.
It is nice of you to compliment his score even though I know you never score anywhere near that low.

Thanks, Bret. I was happy with my score. Video games are not my forte at all. Crap does play MW3 for hours every single day. Other than my house (which I bought at a horrible time), I always tease Crap that the game was the worst thing I ever bought. At least, I have more DIS time at night while he plays his games, which is why I am staying current on all my threads. Before our next trip, I am going to ask you for those secrets and try to beat him. Knowing Crap, he will probably research the secrets (if he has not alread) and still beat me anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmjenn View Post
Great update Kim. I love seeing pics with the grandparents. I know what you mean about missing shots with Grandma and Grandpa. At my wedding I didn't get a photo of me and my Mom until the end of the recection. Not the best shot since by then everyone was all sweaty. You got a good one with the other granddads though.

If they let your SIL in line, where does she get the glasses from? I always see people in line with them on, so assumed they were given out prior to getting on the ride. If she were "with you" wouldn't you have collected them for her?

TSMM was closed when I last went to DCA in fall 2010, so I haven't gotten to experience it yet. And LM hadn't opened yet, but it sounds interesting. I don't think I have ever been on Nemo either, so nothing to compare it to. Hopefully next Spring/Summer we will make it down to DL, and things will have calmed down with Carsland.
Can't wait to see if you get to use your FP within the window. I remember reading about 300minute waits for standby on the Racers, I can't imagine why anyone would bother unless you have a good game on your phone!
Thanks. My Mom left our family when I was seven. After that, I saw her for about a week around age 12. When I got married, it had been about 11-12 years since the last time I saw her. She actually came to my wedding. Before the wedding, I tried to give the photographer a list of shots I wanted. He did not take the list and assured me he would get all the shots. I never remembered to get a shot with my Mom and neither did he. It would have been nice, since I have no pictures with her (not even baby pictures, since they were all burned in a fire). If I ever see her again, I have to remember to get a picture with her. Since I have no accessible pictures of her, I sometimes forget what she looks like. Somewhere I have a picture of shortly after the wedding where she actually went to Disneyland with my entire family. She was standing far from me, so I do not actually have one of her and me.

Crap says the fire is why I put so much importance on pictures, and I want my kids to have lots of them. She called to say she was coming to Disneyland for her husband and would try to see us as well. Of course, she never came. I've called her a couple of times, since we got back (especially after her neighborhood in Colorado had all of the fires). None of my calls have been returned. Sometimes, I will not hear from her for years at a time, because she changes numbers constantly and does not always give me the new one. I love her but she is everything I hope not to be. If I can be half the parent my Dad is, I will be happy.

I hope that did not come off as complaining. My Mother-in-Laws are amazing, so I have good female role models. It is a shame I did not remember to get a Photopass picture with their Grandma and Grandpa. Next time, I will not forget.

I did not grab glasses for her, because I had no idea she was going to cut the line. It shocked me that they let her without even asking us if we knew her. She could have been lying. The back entrance is where VIPs and certain disabled people enter. My Dad (who has a weak heart) tried to enter there but was told he needed to go through the line. Other people went through there though, so I am assuming there are different type of guest assistance cards. They probably have glasses there.

TSMM is a lot of fun. It is a ride and game. Have you ever played Buzz Lightyear Blasters? While it is not the same as that, it has a similar concept. Xander actually prefers Buzz. That may be because it has a more traditional point and shoot gun where TSMM has a string you pull back. Little Mermaid and Nemo are nice rides. Think the Haunted Mansion with more kid friendly scenes and no strecthing room. I would never stand in a long line to ride any of the three, but they are nice to ride with short lines. Hopefully, things die down before you go to Cars Land next year.

I never saw the wait reach 300 minutes. Wow! That is 5 hours. Even though I love my phone (when it is actually working as I did not have it that day), I would never stand in a 5 hour line. We've never ridden X at Magic Mountain because the wait was always between 4 and 5 hours. They charge for fastpasses too, so we have never purchased them. On our next trip there, I just might. It has been open so long that they've already changed it. Now, it is X2 or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Lovely pics of the family.

And that man taking pictures? That would be CrapBag, Dis-ser extraordinaire; who knows the benefit of great shots in a TR.
Thanks.

Thanks for the laugh. I wonder if Crap found that as funny as I did. When he gets home, I will ask him.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #152
CrapBag
Earning My Ears

Yes, I now know the secrets for each domestic Toy Story. Google is a thing. And people love to share. So go ahead...learn up. Ain't gonna help. It is sooooo on!

My gaming has significantly decreased as of late. Weekday nights, while I do play at least an hour, I rarely get to two hours anymore. That'll change in November when COD BO2 comes out!

And yes, I found the whole DISer extraordinaire bit wholly funny. Brava!

Oh, and... #last
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #153
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrapBag View Post
Yes, I now know the secrets for each domestic Toy Story. Google is a thing. And people love to share. So go ahead...learn up. Ain't gonna help. It is sooooo on!

My gaming has significantly decreased as of late. Weekday nights, while I do play at least an hour, I rarely get to two hours anymore. That'll change in November when COD BO2 comes out!

Oh, and... #last
Given your history with Google, I am surprised you only just looked it up.

I remember you making the same comment last night, which is why I paid attention to your "hour" of play. That is all I will say publicly on the matter, since it is obviously a subject you are not fond of discussing with other people. Like I said, it gives me more DIS time as of late, so it is what it is.

Glad you liked it.

Not anymore.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:10 PM   #154
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina

I really wanted to ride Luigi's side at some point, so I suggested the single rider line later to Crap. He was concerned that Xander could ride without one of us, so we opted out of the single rider line all trip. There were other young riders whose parents trusted them enough to ride alone. The time we made it back there and the time we entered the line were different.

Thank you. I like the frame too. It was disappointing that there was only one Cars Land frame available on the Photopass site.

The advertised wait time being far under the time we actually waited was a theme this trip. TSMM was the first of many where this happened. We were even asked twice to be the time holder on different rides and neither CM who collected it even looked at it. They both put them away as soon as I handed it to them. How could they accurately post the wait time if they did not look at it right when I handed it to them? It seemed like a flawed system to me.

It seems silly to put fastpasses on rides with no lines like LM. I know it makes the popular ride lines longer, but they just make more sense there. If you are lucky enough to have a fastpass, it really makes more sense.

Thanks. You only think they are great, because he did not take any pictures of the fit. Luckily, I calmed him as quickly as I could. I would not have wanted to hold anyone captive audience to a full blown fit.

Thanks for your faith in me. Unless you have some tips to share with me (and not Crap), I doubt I will ever beat him on TSMM. I will try rapid firing next time I ride, which is a tip Crap suggested. At that point, I had never played without a deterrent. Even when Xander was little, I always helped him play so Crap could compete. Xander was 1.5 the first time we rode, so I held him. He was 2.5 the second time, so I tried to help him. At 3, we played together. By 3.5, he was starting to get the hang of it, so I only helped him a little and played myself when not helping him. When he was just shy of 5, he started doing it all by himself, because I had to hold Connor.

Thanks.
You did mention to me before your trip that you wanted to ride LFT. You did say that you waited awhile in the queue to get on LFT. I can't wait to hear what time and dy you rode LFT. I did see some you g kids ride in the single rider line during the preview and the parents had no problem with their kids riding alone.

I wouldn't be surprise to hear from you about the wait times posted being off. I dont know how they post these times when they depend on the guests. I have seen people use their judgment on the wait time by how long the line is and what area they know how long it is.For all the years I have been in the lines at the Disney parks,I have never got one of the time holders when I was in the line. It might be ahold thing or a bad thing.

It does seem silly to put FP for rides that don't get alot of people. Before ST got the FP system, BLAB has the FP system at DL for awhile and when ST was about to open, ere was barely anyone getting a FP at BLAB. So it did make sense to closed down BLAB for ST.

Your kids looked well behave in the queue for TSMM. A lot of young kids today are very impatient while they are in the queue just to get on a ride.

Your welcome. If you put in the time to look at videos and tips from these sites and people, you can get good scores on the ride. Just tell me when you are ready to know about everything about TSMM and BLAB. You should also ask tksbaskets about TSMM since she is a pro on that ride. I expected Crap to know all the secret targets on TSMM.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The New 2nd All in One Disneyland TR Thread

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014

Pictures of my Trip to the DLR on June 23rd to 25th, 2014

Videos of my Disney Trips on Youtube
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #155
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina

It is nice of you to compliment his score even though I know you never score anywhere near that low.

Thanks, Bret. I was happy with my score. Video games are not my forte at all. Crap does play MW3 for hours every single day. Other than my house (which I bought at a horrible time), I always tease Crap that the game was the worst thing I ever bought. At least, I have more DIS time at night while he plays his games, which is why I am staying current on all my threads. Before our next trip, I am going to ask you for those secrets and try to beat him. Knowing Crap, he will probably research the secrets (if he has not alread) and still beat me anyway.
Your welcome. Some times I score around the 150k since I didn't hit the secret targets during each different scene. You got to time them right to get high scores. The egg toss scene is the easiest while the ring toss scene is one of the hardest. I always play a lot of video games but I am cutting my time on the video games while I am on the thread which I like to be on as well as basketball season. Whenever you are ready for tips just ask me and we can go from there.

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014

Old 07-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #156
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrapBag

Oh, and... #last
It great with the Internet and also YouTube so you can learn all these tips about the rides.

COD BO2 is coming out shortly while I am waiting for Madden 13 next month.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:30 PM   #157
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
You did mention to me before your trip that you wanted to ride LFT. You did say that you waited awhile in the queue to get on LFT. I can't wait to hear what time and dy you rode LFT. I did see some you g kids ride in the single rider line during the preview and the parents had no problem with their kids riding alone.

I wouldn't be surprise to hear from you about the wait times posted being off. I dont know how they post these times when they depend on the guests. I have seen people use their judgment on the wait time by how long the line is and what area they know how long it is.For all the years I have been in the lines at the Disney parks,I have never got one of the time holders when I was in the line. It might be ahold thing or a bad thing.

It does seem silly to put FP for rides that don't get alot of people. Before ST got the FP system, BLAB has the FP system at DL for awhile and when ST was about to open, ere was barely anyone getting a FP at BLAB. So it did make sense to closed down BLAB for ST.

Your kids looked well behave in the queue for TSMM. A lot of young kids today are very impatient while they are in the queue just to get on a ride.

Your welcome. If you put in the time to look at videos and tips from these sites and people, you can get good scores on the ride. Just tell me when you are ready to know about everything about TSMM and BLAB. You should also ask tksbaskets about TSMM since she is a pro on that ride. I expected Crap to know all the secret targets on TSMM.

When I was writing about Luigi's side, I was referring to RSR. I was not even aware that LFT had a single rider line. Crap actually waited in the queue for LFT. It did still take me some time to get through it with the rider swap pass. The total time was an hour and 45 minutes.

I think the time holder only works when the cast member receiving it actually looks at it the moment it is handed to him/her. Otherwise, it defeats the purpose. Based on how many of the times were off, I think the system should be re-evaluated. When we rode TSMM at DHS, it was almost to the minute of the advertised time. It just seems like WDW is better at tracking the time. In addition to the two times we were asked to be a time holder this trip, we have been asked quite a few times in the past. It is odd that you've never been asked, since you've been way more times than we have.

I think the Ariel fastpass system will close. It was just so funny that they called it a surprise fastpass and proceeded to give us a useless pass. A Soarin' one would have been nice.

My kids looked well behaved for the first half of the queue. Xander usually complains about his feet being tired and/or hurt, but I was very proud he did not do that this time. After walking for five to ten minutes (with my assistance), Connor screamed bloody murder when I picked him up. Luckily, he was tired and hungry, so I was quickly able to quiet him by nursing. If the kids get too out of control in line, I would leave. Xander knows this, because we have done it in the past. Connor does not get that yet, so I give him a little more leeway. That said, I would not hold everyone captive audience to an absolute fit no matter how long we stood in line. The parents who do that could actually teach the kid a great lesson by giving up that space in line. It works! Leave the line once, and they remember.

Crap cares about that stuff a little more than I do, so it makes sense he took the time to look it up. He is just so competitive that it would be funny to have someone in our group beat him. Seeing how worked up he is getting, it may not be a good idea to beat him. It is obviously important that he win. I will still ask you for the tips when the time comes. Hopefully, we both get great scores but he still wins. Thanks again.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #158
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
It great with the Internet and also YouTube so you can learn all these tips about the rides.

COD BO2 is coming out shortly while I am waiting for Madden 13 next month.

He has probably been watching all of those videos in preparation.

Another game.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #159
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
When I was writing about Luigi's side, I was referring to RSR. I was not even aware that LFT had a single rider line. Crap actually waited in the queue for LFT. It did still take me some time to get through it with the rider swap pass. The total time was an hour and 45 minutes.

I think the time holder only works when the cast member receiving it actually looks at it the moment it is handed to him/her. Otherwise, it defeats the purpose. Based on how many of the times were off, I think the system should be re-evaluated. When we rode TSMM at DHS, it was almost to the minute of the advertised time. It just seems like WDW is better at tracking the time. In addition to the two times we were asked to be a time holder this trip, we have been asked quite a few times in the past. It is odd that you've never been asked, since you've been way more times than we have.

I think the Ariel fastpass system will close. It was just so funny that they called it a surprise fastpass and proceeded to give us a useless pass. A Soarin' one would have been nice.

My kids looked well behaved for the first half of the queue. Xander usually complains about his feet being tired and/or hurt, but I was very proud he did not do that this time. After walking for five to ten minutes (with my assistance), Connor screamed bloody murder when I picked him up. Luckily, he was tired and hungry, so I was quickly able to quiet him by nursing. If the kids get too out of control in line, I would leave. Xander knows this, because we have done it in the past. Connor does not get that yet, so I give him a little more leeway. That said, I would not hold everyone captive audience to an absolute fit no matter how long we stood in line. The parents who do that could actually teach the kid a great lesson by giving up that space in line. It works! Leave the line once, and they remember.

Crap cares about that stuff a little more than I do, so it makes sense he took the time to look it up. He is just so competitive that it would be funny to have someone in our group beat him. Seeing how worked up he is getting, it may not be a good idea to beat him. It is obviously important that he win. I will still ask you for the tips when the time comes. Hopefully, we both get great scores but he still wins. Thanks again.

My mistake. I now know what you meant about Luigi's side. LFT doesn't have a single rider line since you can just get a tire all by yourself. Took you awhile to do the rider swap at LFT.

When I saw the wait times at WDW with Mousewait and see the actual wait times at the entrance to the ride, it is almost exactly like it said. Maybe just WDW wait time predictions is way better than DL wait time. But sometimes they are exactly on it or it can off a little or more depending on how many people go in the queue.

There is no FP system for the Little Mermaid ride. I might have said that the Little Mermaid ride had FP. I was referring to Star Tour and Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster where BLAB FP was taken off line for ST.

I can understand the wait time for the kids in the queue where they do get impatient of waiting in those long queues. It's good that Xander knows the routine when in the line and Connor when gets older will have to learn about it.

Just like Crap, I also studied and watch clips of each scene for BLAB and TSMM to find out where the secret targets and high point marks are on the ride. Every time I ride these rides I am hoping to get the best score I can and be in the tops on the screens. I am just about an above average player on TSMM and BLAB. I don't have any problem of who beats my score in my group, but I also don't want to be trashed talked all day by my groups that they beat me on TSMM or BLAB. I never do that to my DA when we ride BLAB and TSMM since she knows I will beat her. I will help you as much as possible and maybe you can barely beat him on those two rides. It is possible.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:17 PM   #160
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
My mistake. I now know what you meant about Luigi's side. LFT doesn't have a single rider line since you can just get a tire all by yourself. Took you awhile to do the rider swap at LFT.

When I saw the wait times at WDW with Mousewait and see the actual wait times at the entrance to the ride, it is almost exactly like it said. Maybe just WDW wait time predictions is way better than DL wait time. But sometimes they are exactly on it or it can off a little or more depending on how many people go in the queue.

There is no FP system for the Little Mermaid ride. I might have said that the Little Mermaid ride had FP. I was referring to Star Tour and Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster where BLAB FP was taken off line for ST.

I can understand the wait time for the kids in the queue where they do get impatient of waiting in those long queues. It's good that Xander knows the routine when in the line and Connor when gets older will have to learn about it.

Just like Crap, I also studied and watch clips of each scene for BLAB and TSMM to find out where the secret targets and high point marks are on the ride. Every time I ride these rides I am hoping to get the best score I can and be in the tops on the screens. I am just about an above average player on TSMM and BLAB. I don't have any problem of who beats my score in my group, but I also don't want to be trashed talked all day by my groups that they beat me on TSMM or BLAB. I never do that to my DA when we ride BLAB and TSMM since she knows I will beat her. I will help you as much as possible and maybe you can barely beat him on those two rides. It is possible.
I get that it is probably difficult to get exact times. Had either CM actually looked at the card when I handed it to them, I would not have even complained. At Disneyworld, the CM who I handed the holder to looked at it. The times there also seemed to be more accurate.

I just assumed LM had a fastpass machine (this was our first time there since it opened). How were they giving out surprise fastpasses for a ride that does not have a fastpass line?

My kids will behave in lines or they will not stay in them. Xander knows this already, and Connor will learn it.

Crap loves to trash talk. It is not the quality I fell in love with him for, but it is a part of him I am used to.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:08 AM   #161
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrapBag View Post

Oh, and... #last
You're not on the right thread. And even if you were...you'd be up for stiff competition.

LASTiness!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:45 AM   #162
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

All caught up!! Ugh I do think it would be quite a chore to be at DL with SO MANY family members, but I think you did a good job sticking with them but also leaving on your own when you needed to. Looknig forward to the lunch! I can't believe the wait times, maybe it's a good thing it will be a while before we get to visit Cars Land LOL!
Old 07-18-2012, 12:02 PM   #163
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
You're not on the right thread. And even if you were...you'd be up for stiff competition.

LASTiness!
Oh no. With a chance for competition, he may just move over to the last thread. You may have said the thing he cannot resist. It's like Marty McFly accepting a challenge when someone calls him a chicken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
All caught up!! Ugh I do think it would be quite a chore to be at DL with SO MANY family members, but I think you did a good job sticking with them but also leaving on your own when you needed to. Looknig forward to the lunch! I can't believe the wait times, maybe it's a good thing it will be a while before we get to visit Cars Land LOL!
It was a chore at times. In rare moments, it can also be a lot of fun. I am hoping the Cars Land lines die down soon, but definitely before you get there.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #164
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Mater's Junkyard Jamboree was Our First Cars Land Ride

I just remembered that I promised to let you know all of the places we found that did not accept our Key to the Magic cards. Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen was the first place that did not accept it. This seems to be the case with all of the non-Disney owned places we walked into. While I am sure this happens at Disneyworld too, we only discovered cash carts that did not accept them across multiple trips. When I come across the others at Disneyland, I will post at the time (assuming I remember).

Some of my family members went into the store just outside TSMM. The rest were standing around. Once again, I decided to leave. I told my Dad that we would see them at lunch. While I love them very much, they just could not move very far without stopping again. Without cutting the line, they could not even stay together long enough to ride things together. We were just better off on our own. Connor was still asleep, so we decided to come back to Paradise Pier to ride the carousel a little later. After ditching them for the second time, we headed back to Cars Land. Connor was too short for all of the rides there anyway.

Of course, we stopped and took some Photopass pictures along the way. The line for Duffy was very short. It was much shorter than the WDW counterpart. Just like the WDW version, it was in a walkway rather than an actual land. The queue and picture area is nicer there, so that may have something to do with the line. Anyway, after less than two minutes in line, their pictures were already being taken.

Then, Crap and I took a picture that we took years ago before we had kids. We look so different now. I wish I knew where the old copy was, but I do not. This was a special photo for us.

When we arrived, the streets looked less crowded. I am guessing all the people who arrived early had already left Cars Land.

The line for Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree was at 30 minutes now. When I was planning my day in Cars Land, I never thought this would be the ride we went on first. However, Luigi’s Flying Tires was still listed as 90 minutes. Wanting to do something in Cars Land, we decided to ride. Lolo said he would watch Connor while we rode, so we could all ride together.

When we entered the line, a CM handed me a necklace with a card attached to help them track the wait time. This made me curious myself, so I looked at the time when we entered. As we made our way through the queue, we saw a lot of neat looking things. There were all kinds of artifacts you would find in a tow yard.

There were license plates from Rubberneck County and Rolling Stop.

Junk and bumpers were sectioned off in the middle of the queue.

In true Mater fashion, there were quotes that were not quite right, but very cutely wrong.

This was a nice sign that depicted scenarios where Mater may be helpful.

A political sign for Mater the Greater.

Posters about Monster Truck wrestlers and a Matador (The Mater-dor).

There were a few large fans that helped keep guests cool. It also helped that most of the queue is covered.

Big barrels of oil and old rusty signs.

Do not forget to look up. There are fun signs and things to look at near the ceiling too.

Xander was finally going to ride something in Cars Land. Do not be deceived by the look on his face. He was excited.

Xander got really excited as we got closer to the front. He said the ride looked neat.

It looked neat to me. Every detail down to the sky was considered in this ride.

When it was finally time to enter the inner queue, I handed the CM the time holder. At first, she barely paid attention to my attempt at giving it to her. She finally took it and stuck it straight in her pocket without even looking at. Since I wanted to know even if she did not, I looked at the time. From the moment we entered until the moment she collected it, we were in line for 37 minutes. This is a somewhat slow loading ride like Dumbo. By the time we got in our tractor and the ride started, it was over 40 minutes. That meant the quoted wait time was off by over 33%. Knowing the cast member did not even look at the time holder, I doubt the time ever got updated either.

After two of the three rides we had been on advertising incorrect wait times, I started paying more attention to advertised wait times than I usually do. We discovered that times were often off. More often than not, the quoted time was under the actual time. The Little Mermaid was an exception since there is no way the line was even five minutes. Even when a ride is walk on though, it usually claims the line is at least five minutes. It has been a long time, since I’ve seen a ride advertised with a 0 minute wait time. I have seen it though.

Once we got into the inner queue, we decided Xander would ride with me. That way, Crap could get pictures of his first Cars Land ride. He is better at taking pictures than I am, so his plan made sense. There are two sides to this ride with three tracks in each. It was neat that you moved through each of the three tracks on your side giving you a different view each time. Xander really enjoyed the ride. For those who do not like the throw up rides, it does not have a similar feel as the Tea Cups where the spinning is somewhat constant. It kind of reminded me of the carnival ride that turns you slowly then spins you very fast around the corner and sends you flying in the direction you are moving toward.

Luckily, I read in Bret’s report that it moved you pretty hard. Anytime we moved around, I held on tight. I never ran into Xander through the whole ride. Although he ran into me a few times, it never hurt. Despite the 40+ minute wait and the fact that some consider this a kid’s ride, I enjoyed it as well. My favorite part (other than the ride itself) was Mater’s singing through the ride. For the rest of the day, I kept singing the song in my head. I preferred that very much to when It’s A Small World gets stuck in my head. You’re welcome for anyone who now has that song stuck in his/her head. It is in my head too.

Crap enjoyed the ride as well, so it was a hit with all three of us. When we got off the ride, I saw a cool shed near the exit for the junkyard crew. Thinking it would be a cool picture for Xander, I told him to stand there. It was not my best Mommy moment when three cast members who were inside came out hitting Xander with the door. The good news is he did not get hurt, and I will not have him pose in front of any doors again as not to tempt fate and get unlucky the next time.

Connor was still asleep when we exited the ride, so we checked the line for Luigi’s Flying Tires again. It was still at 90 minutes, so we decided to leave Cars Land again. At least we finally did something! Since we had a lot of fun doing it, we were glad we took the time to check back. The timing to head out was perfect anyway, because we were within the fastpass return time for Screamin’.

Last edited by kmedina; 07-18-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #165
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
I get that it is probably difficult to get exact times. Had either CM actually looked at the card when I handed it to them, I would not have even complained. At Disneyworld, the CM who I handed the holder to looked at it. The times there also seemed to be more accurate.

I just assumed LM had a fastpass machine (this was our first time there since it opened). How were they giving out surprise fastpasses for a ride that does not have a fastpass line?

My kids will behave in lines or they will not stay in them. Xander knows this already, and Connor will learn it.

Crap loves to trash talk. It is not the quality I fell in love with him for, but it is a part of him I am used to.
I will read your TR Kim after I respond to your post.

It's is difficult to get the exact wait time for any rides. I understand that the CM's give out those cards to the guests in the queue to see how long the wait time is. Good thing that I didn't even get one of those cards while I was in the line.

I see. Since last summer during the summertime, the DLR was also giving the hotel guests extra FP tickets for the FP rides. That was a nice compliment to the DLR hotel guests for staying during the summertime.

They will behave or leave the line. Just like what any parent would do.

Everyone loves to trash talk today. He is a very nice guy and I can see why you love him so much.

Can't wait to read your next post.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: