Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2012, 10:25 PM   #136
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by dara00 View Post
Kim! so sorry I missed you starting this tr. I've been off the dis for about a week, I guess! I just caught up. Happy birthday to Connor! The room looked great and it is wonderful that he got to enjoy the special touches in the room. He looked so happy talking to Goofy on the phone! I had to laugh when he grabbed the money and threw it - good thing he didn't try to eat it! I would not be patient with a huge group of people walking around a theme park. I get impatient walking down the street with a group of people! Can't wait to hear more about Cars Land and Connor's birthday celebration!

Hey. I've taken mini DIS breaks as well. Life sometimes gets in the way. Thank you. Connor had an excellent birthday. We loved the special touches in the room so much that we may not be able to do a birthday trip again without them. It shocked me how much he enjoyed talking to Goofy on the phone. When he threw the money, we all laughed too. I am not a fan of staying in large groups either. They stayed with us once we first went in, because they needed Lolo's help for the tickets. Once it got hard to move, I ditched them two different times. Apparently, they got a lot done after we ditched them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrapBag View Post
Fiore's Steakhouse
That's it. Thanks. It was a fantastic restaurant, and I was sad to see it go. I dream about the souffle at times and even though our parmesan baskets were delicous from the wedding, the Casear itself was better there.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:16 PM   #137
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
Sounds like you have excellent plans for the morning, Bret. Hopefully, the fastpass line is not insane like it was before.

I still have not even looked at my paper, so I have no idea what it says. How nice of your friend to get you an opening day one! That is cool.

No matter what the plans are, there are people who cannot be on time. I know a lot of them. Everyone was to be there before 8am. My FIL is the only one who followed through with that and he came from Vegas. Everyone else was somewhat nearby. It was a shame that I did not have my phone. Crap loaned me his work phone, but no one knew the number. My Dad kept calling my cell phone. Communication was a problem, because my Crap's work phone did not have any personal numbers stored in it. I could only call my little brother and little sister. Those are the only numbers I know by heart. My Dad got a new phone number days before we left for the trip.

Yes, the DIS is an excellent source of information and trip reports are very helpful.

I been reading your TR as well as the MM/APEE/EMH thread so I can plan out my plan for Tuesday. I won't be going to DCA morning on Wednesday on our last day cause I will be at DL during APEE. Hopefully the FP line won't be that bad. I am still hearing that the FPs for RSR are gone around 9am to 10am everyday.

Since you have many papers, you should read one of them. It was really nice that one of my friends sent me on of the papers on opening day.

I see that all the time with other members of my party that are not on time when we asked them to be there on that specific time. On my WDW trip, I wanted to get to the park early in the morning on some days, but some of them were sleeping so we didn't go until later during the day. At least your FIL is very reliable. I know that it was tough of not having your phone that whole trip.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2012, 12:06 AM   #138
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
I been reading your TR as well as the MM/APEE/EMH thread so I can plan out my plan for Tuesday. I won't be going to DCA morning on Wednesday on our last day cause I will be at DL during APEE. Hopefully the FP line won't be that bad. I am still hearing that the FPs for RSR are gone around 9am to 10am everyday.

Since you have many papers, you should read one of them. It was really nice that one of my friends sent me on of the papers on opening day.

I see that all the time with other members of my party that are not on time when we asked them to be there on that specific time. On my WDW trip, I wanted to get to the park early in the morning on some days, but some of them were sleeping so we didn't go until later during the day. At least your FIL is very reliable. I know that it was tough of not having your phone that whole trip.
Sounds like you are ready.

I should have grabbed one extra one to read. If I am really careful, I can just take my copy to read without damaging it (hopefully).

Some people do not get how important it is to be there early. Even though we never made a rope drop, we were always at the park early when we stayed in town the night before. Being without the phone was probably the hardest thing of the trip. It really could have been worse if Crap did not loan me his work phone. There were times when he forgot, and I had no way to contact him when we separated.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:30 AM   #139
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sounds like you are ready.

I should have grabbed one extra one to read. If I am really careful, I can just take my copy to read without damaging it (hopefully).

Some people do not get how important it is to be there early. Even though we never made a rope drop, we were always at the park early when we stayed in town the night before. Being without the phone was probably the hardest thing of the trip. It really could have been worse if Crap did not loan me his work phone. There were times when he forgot, and I had no way to contact him when we separated.
Thanks to you and the thread.

Good idea.

Good thing that Crap lend you his work phone so he can get a hold of you if you are split up at the park.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #140
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Thanks to you and the thread.

Good idea.

Good thing that Crap lend you his work phone so he can get a hold of you if you are split up at the park.
You helped me too, so I am happy if any of my tips hep you.

It was just too bad that he did not always remember to give it to me.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #141
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Connor's First DLR Ride

When we finally made our way to Radiator Springs Racers, the standby line was at the three hour point. No one was interested in standing in line for three hours. Even the single rider line was at 30 minutes. With a five, six and eight year old in tow, no one was interested in the single rider line at this point. We all turned around. Our fastpass return time was between 2:10pm and 3:10pm. While we almost always return during the window, our lunch was scheduled for 1pm. There was a slight chance that we might not make it back before 3:10pm. After standing in line for 55 minutes and not getting to pick the time, I wanted to ensure we would be able to use them if we arrived late.

There have been some threads popping up that say cast members are finally cracking down on late fastpass returners. While these threads pop up often and are usually quickly discredited, this recent one seemed to hold merit. I approached the most official looking cast member and asked if we could arrive late. He said they do not care what time you arrive as long as it is after the window opens. Even though I hoped lunch would not take two hours, it felt nice that our fastpasses would still be good if it did. Since we were hosting, we could only be as fast as our slowest diner or latest attendee. After what happened that morning, I knew some people would be late. Would the servers take orders before that batch of late-birds arrived? Only time would tell.

After briefly looking at all Cars Land had to offer, we headed out of there almost as slowly as we arrived. It was so neat to see everything.

Ramones was the place for adult clothing. It had some kid items and souvenirs, but seemed to be the adult store. The Low and Slow Motto was the theme of this joint. Some of the clothing was really trendy while other clothing had a classic biker feel. Since it was the House of Body Art, it seemed appropriate that it was the adult store. I liked everything in the store. Picking out a souvenir would prove difficult the following day.

The Photopass line to get a picture in front of Cadillac Range died down a little. I insisted that we stop there.

First, we took a photo with our family.

Then, I insisted the boys take a picture with Papa and Lolo. I never remembered to ask Grandpa for the same picture later in the day, which bums me out. He was with us later for a bit in Cars Land. There is nothing worse than wanting a picture and forgetting when the opportunity finally presents itself. It would have been nice to get one with their Grandma too, but I forgot that too. They had three Grandpas there but only one Grandma.

As we walked out of Cars Land, we saw Mater again.

We finally saw Lightning too.

At this point, we had not seen Lightning drive down the street yet. He was in front of the Cozy Cone greeting guests. The line to see him was pretty long. It had been forming since we first walked in and saw Mater driving down the street. Knowing we had more time to see them, we walked right on by. After the character lines we just went through at WDW, I was hoping to get shorter lines and smarter times this trip. Unless Lightning or Mater were driving around, one of them would greet guests. When one left the area, the other one would arrive. I can go on and on about how cool it was to see them driving down the street. Everyone just needs to see this in person. The meet and greets are also much cooler than they used to be at DCA or currently are at DHS. Stay tuned for details.

When we exited Cars Land, my family members decided they wanted to ride The Little Mermaid. It was around 9:30am at this point. I knew the park would just keep getting busier as the park filled. After reading many trip reports, I learned that the line for this is almost always short at all times of the day. Trying to put my DIS knowledge to work, I suggested we go on something else and come back to ride this later. The wait was advertised at 5 minutes. Everyone insisted that we just ride it, since there was no line and we were right there anyway.

Reluctantly, I agreed. We had yet to ride anything after an hour and 45 minutes in the park. Since we skipped 2011 (when this ride first opened), we had never ridden this ride. When Crap got our RSR fastpasses that morning, he was given surprise fastpasses to this ride. Surprise, this was a waste of fastpass. We passed by this ride many times during the day and never saw the posted wait time longer than 5 minutes. The cast member would not even take our fastpass tickets because the line was not long enough to justify it. Just like the last trip report where I did a fastpass count, I will do that here as well. I will also do an unused fastpass count, because we had a few of those as well. This was unused fastpass number one.

After less than five minutes, our family loaded into the cars. Connor’s first DLR ride would be LM. I was already holding Connor, so I ended up riding with him. Crap, Xander and Lolo rode together in the shell before us. It looks like Billy and Rana were in the shell behind us. This ride is very similar to Nemo at Epcot. Even though I like the Little Mermaid better than Finding Nemo (just barely), I prefer the Nemo ride to the Little Mermaid. The line for Nemo is always short as well, so I am surprised Disney thought it would be a good idea to duplicate the ride in California. Then, they gave it a fast pass machine while TSMM does not have one. While I agree with Bret that the standby line would be longer if TSMM had a fastpass line, I would try to get a fastpass each trip and not be in the standby line.

Crap wanted to get a picture of Connor. He forgot to turn the flash off in the first picture, so it actually turned out all right. The others did not turn out, because it is a dark ride. I guess it was a good thing we rode with my family, since they were the only ones nearby when the forbidden flash went off. They deserved much worse than a single flash on a dark ride for arriving late, but that was the only payback we ever got, lol. All joking aside, they were late but they did come all the way to California to celebrate my baby’s birthday. By the time we were riding this, I was already back to being in a good mood.

It looks like Crap also took some blurry, non-flash pictures of the ride as well.

As soon as the ride let out, there was a Phineas and Ferb dance party just outside of it. My little sister made her way to the front of the large circle with her daughters without any mention to anyone else. I guess someone had just left and she wanted to act quickly to fill in the space. She is very crafty that way. I am a huge Phineas and Ferb fan. It is my favorite show of Xander’s on the Disney channel. We went to see the live stage show, which was amazing. Anyone who also read the recent WDW trip report knows I stood in line longer than I care to admit to let my boys have a meet and greet. However, as the time was ticking away, I was not interested in watching it at all. The boys and I were not as lucky in finding a spot, so I stood behind everyone with the large stroller and tried to hold Connor up.

Crap put Xander on his shoulders whilst still managing to get a couple of pictures. After the lack of pictures from our last trip, I was quite impressed with his picture taking effort thus far. My nieces were really into the show, so I was happy for my sister in acting fast to grab that spot. Connor was really disinterested, since he could not see anyway. Lolo, Connor and I were just hanging back chatting. When I noticed Xander slumping and not really paying attention, I told Crap and Lolo we were leaving. The others looked into the show, so I said nothing and just ditched them. We never agreed to stay together the whole day. Unlike my threat to go on a ride and not leave the line until we had ridden it if they arrived late, I planned on following through with my promise to separate when the agendas differed. As not to be completely rude, I made sure my brother saw us leaving.

We walked toward Paradise Pier with two agendas. Number one was to get fastpasses for Screamin’. Number two was to ride TSMM before the lines got insane. When I mentioned TSMM to my family before LM, no one seemed to care. My little group wanted to ride it, so we were on our way. A lot of people do not like Paradise Pier, because they say it is everything Walt was not. I love Paradise Pier. While it does not have a distinct Disneyland feel, it is a nice land at DLR. It is very bright and beautiful with a carnival and pier feel all wrapped up into one. Those are all things I love. Screamin’ is the best coaster at DLR, and I love TSMM. We never make a trip to DCA without visiting Paradise Pier. Let’s not forget that the carousel and Mickey’s Fun Wheel are back there as well. Xander was selected to be the prince of the carousel once when he was much younger. As we walked toward Paradise Pier, Crap stopped to take photos. Who was that man, and what did he do with my husband?

After getting our fastpasses for Screamin’, Lolo announced he needed to use the restroom. I used the restroom too and changed Connor. By the time we were parking our stroller, most of my family was now in front of TSMM. They must have remembered that is what I wanted to do and guessed that is where we took off to. My little sister decided the girls needed to ride the carousel first, so she chose not to join everyone else in line. Not wanting to waste any more time or wait for them to get off the carousel, we entered the line. The posted wait time was 45 minutes. Connor was in a great mood when we entered the line. He was playing with his birthday necklace and chilling in my arms.

Crap was still in happy picture taking mode. In addition to this odd shot he thought I would appreciate, he got a few pictures of the boys. The boys were still in a great mood for a while.

The lady in front of us who was very friendly chatted with us and the young couple in front of her all the way through the line. She was in town on business. What is her business? She is a recruiter for The University of Washington. I told her my SIL mentioned she wanted to go there back when she was still in high school but went locally instead. After she discovered my sister earned a nursing degree, she told me that they had the number one nursing program in the nation. That may have been the reason she wanted to go there, I said. This was the one morning I actually remembered to carry one of the drinks I brought into the park. As an avid Pepsi drinker herself, my new friend asked if I had another one. Her company did not provide her with a rental car, and her hotel was near the Anaheim Convention Center right next to Disneyland. Apparently, there was only Coke everywhere she went and she was in the mood for Pepsi. I only brought in one I sadly informed her.

About half way through the line, Connor made it clear he wanted to walk. That is backwards. I usually have Xander demanding to be carried. Luckily, he had not started in on that this time though. Connor’s walking was still a little shaky at this point, which meant he needed a lot of assistance. It was a killer on my back, so I endured it for only about five or ten minutes. He screamed bloody murder when I picked him up. Knowing he had been awake for almost four hours at this point, I knew he must be tired, hungry or both. Following an all too familiar experience from our last ride at DHS, I started nursing him through the line.

Before we even reached the front of the line, he was asleep. That was exactly like DHS. He was about to sleep through the ride again. Would he ever actually experience the ride? Knowing how much Crap loves to play the game, I once again decided to hold Connor through this ride. At DHS, it was so jolty that I held him the entire time without playing myself. Xander wanted to ride with Lolo. Crap and would I ride together in the same car for the first time. Just as we were about to board, I noticed my sister standing near the exit. She approached the cast member and told him she was with us. They let her through! As soon as she walked up she said, “That was perfect timing.” I looked at the time on my loaner phone and noticed we had been in line for 55 minutes (rather than the 45 posted). Not wanting to cause a scene but let her know how I felt I said, “Perfect timing for you. We’ve been in line for 55 minutes.”

We finally boarded TSMM. As soon as we made the first turn, I noticed it was not as jolty as the Hollywood Studios version. That or because he was older and bigger, it was easier to hold him in place with one arm. I was finally going to play for the first time since 2010. Granted, I only had one arm to work with, but I was actually excited. Crap just rapid fired at anything and everything while I actually took the time to aim. When the ride completed, he bragged (as he always does) that he won. He is honestly one of the most competitive people I know, so he did not care that he had two hands to my one. My score of 56k made me very happy, because I scored 0 the last time I rode it. The accuracy also impressed me.

Lolo did not get a picture of Xander’s score, but I believe he said the score was over 35k. Xander is getting better. He should be challenging Crap in a few years, which I am sure he will love.

Last edited by kmedina; 07-16-2012 at 11:37 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:53 AM   #142
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

It didn't make any sense to go in the stand-by line for RSR while it was 3+ hours. You could or anyone in your party to ride RSR that morning, but it would be enjoyable to ride it together before you ride it individually. Your FP return time was so close to your WCT lunch. I know that you made it in time for your FP return time, but I am interested to hear what time you got back to ride RSR.

Those are very nice pictures with the CL theme frames.

You got to ride the Little Mermaid ride which was great since you only had to wait 5 minutes. The Little Mermaid ride as Connor's first ride at the DLR is a good one to do. I did say that if DCA adds the FP system for TSMM just like DHS TSMM, the wait time would be even longer then just an hour. I believe that TSMM at DHS was completed first and then a few months later DCA opened TSMM. Good thing DCA didn't add the FP system or it would be really bad.

Great pics of you and your family in the queue of TSMM.

It doesn't surprise me to see the wait time is different when you first enter the ride. 55 minutes is really long in the morning. I would have guess if you head on over to TSMM after leaving CL, you might of had to wait only 40 minutes or less. But at least you got to ride TSMM which is a fun to ride. Your score with Connor is very impressive with just one arm while Crap had both arms during your ride. It would have been different if you had both arms and could have beaten Crap on TSMM.

Another great update.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:19 AM   #143
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

3 hours for Radiator Springs Racers? That's insane!!! I can't wait to hear how you liked the ride.

Great pictures! I'd love to see Mater and Lightning drive! That's so cool that they do that there.

Yay for Connor's first DLR ride! LM sounds just right, and the wait time sounds great too! I'll bet when it opens at WDW the wait will be crazy though.

That's a great one-armed score on TSMM! The accuracy was really impressive! I can't believe they let your sister join you in line! That's was good for her family huh?

From what I've seen, Paradise Pier looks like a souped up version of the Boardwalk, I guess that has it's place there. It sure looks pretty. Is that where they do World of Color?

Great update! I can't wait to hear more.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:43 AM   #144
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
It didn't make any sense to go in the stand-by line for RSR while it was 3+ hours. You could or anyone in your party to ride RSR that morning, but it would be enjoyable to ride it together before you ride it individually. Your FP return time was so close to your WCT lunch. I know that you made it in time for your FP return time, but I am interested to hear what time you got back to ride RSR.

Those are very nice pictures with the CL theme frames.

You got to ride the Little Mermaid ride which was great since you only had to wait 5 minutes. The Little Mermaid ride as Connor's first ride at the DLR is a good one to do. I did say that if DCA adds the FP system for TSMM just like DHS TSMM, the wait time would be even longer then just an hour. I believe that TSMM at DHS was completed first and then a few months later DCA opened TSMM. Good thing DCA didn't add the FP system or it would be really bad.

Great pics of you and your family in the queue of TSMM.

It doesn't surprise me to see the wait time is different when you first enter the ride. 55 minutes is really long in the morning. I would have guess if you head on over to TSMM after leaving CL, you might of had to wait only 40 minutes or less. But at least you got to ride TSMM which is a fun to ride. Your score with Connor is very impressive with just one arm while Crap had both arms during your ride. It would have been different if you had both arms and could have beaten Crap on TSMM.

Another great update.
I really wanted to ride Luigi's side at some point, so I suggested the single rider line later to Crap. He was concerned that Xander could ride without one of us, so we opted out of the single rider line all trip. There were other young riders whose parents trusted them enough to ride alone. The time we made it back there and the time we entered the line were different.

Thank you. I like the frame too. It was disappointing that there was only one Cars Land frame available on the Photopass site.

The advertised wait time being far under the time we actually waited was a theme this trip. TSMM was the first of many where this happened. We were even asked twice to be the time holder on different rides and neither CM who collected it even looked at it. They both put them away as soon as I handed it to them. How could they accurately post the wait time if they did not look at it right when I handed it to them? It seemed like a flawed system to me.

It seems silly to put fastpasses on rides with no lines like LM. I know it makes the popular ride lines longer, but they just make more sense there. If you are lucky enough to have a fastpass, it really makes more sense.

Thanks. You only think they are great, because he did not take any pictures of the fit. Luckily, I calmed him as quickly as I could. I would not have wanted to hold anyone captive audience to a full blown fit.

Thanks for your faith in me. Unless you have some tips to share with me (and not Crap), I doubt I will ever beat him on TSMM. I will try rapid firing next time I ride, which is a tip Crap suggested. At that point, I had never played without a deterrent. Even when Xander was little, I always helped him play so Crap could compete. Xander was 1.5 the first time we rode, so I held him. He was 2.5 the second time, so I tried to help him. At 3, we played together. By 3.5, he was starting to get the hang of it, so I only helped him a little and played myself when not helping him. When he was just shy of 5, he started doing it all by himself, because I had to hold Connor.

Thanks.

Old 07-17-2012, 02:03 AM   #145
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
3 hours for Radiator Springs Racers? That's insane!!! I can't wait to hear how you liked the ride.

Great pictures! I'd love to see Mater and Lightning drive! That's so cool that they do that there.

Yay for Connor's first DLR ride! LM sounds just right, and the wait time sounds great too! I'll bet when it opens at WDW the wait will be crazy though.

That's a great one-armed score on TSMM! The accuracy was really impressive! I can't believe they let your sister join you in line! That's was good for her family huh?

From what I've seen, Paradise Pier looks like a souped up version of the Boardwalk, I guess that has it's place there. It sure looks pretty. Is that where they do World of Color?

Great update! I can't wait to hear more.
I am hoping those lines die down a little once the ride has been open a while. The ride breaks down a lot, which adds significantly to the wait time. If those issues alone were worked out, the lines would be shorter. We never got a picture, but 3 hours was not even the longest the line reached. I saw it reach 220 at one point, which is 3 hours and 40 minutes. Some say it has reached over 4 hours, but I never saw it that long.

It really was neat to see them driving up and down the roads, but the meet and greets may have even been cooler.

I was just happy to finally be riding something that I did not even care anymore that we were wasting time to get in the popular lines. It was a nice ride, athough I prefer Nemo. If they open a third version (inclduing Nemo), I wonder if anyone will line up for it. It may make a difference that they are placing it in the main park. Who knows? I just do not get why they would copy a ride over and over again that is not very popular. Soon, the Stitch show/ride will be ay DLR too!

Thanks. I was impressed by my score even if Crap was not. Connor was literally sleeping on my left arm, so I was never able to use it. That meant I had to turn, aim and shoot all with my right. It took me a long time to aim each shot, which is why my accuracy was so high, I think. I was just happy to play. Crap is the one who needs to get the great score. A few trips ago, I remember him teasing his step-brother all day that he got beat on the game. They rode together, and Crap kept bragging that he was the best in his car. Xander was the best in our car, because I helped him play. I was shocked that they let her cut the line or that they did not even verify what she was saying was true. What if she was just some random person trying to cut? How would they know?

Paradise Pier is kind of like the Boardwalk. Prior to Cars Land opening, most of the best rides were back there. World of Color takes place all around that water. It is called Paradise Park, I believe. All of the attractions close before the show, so I am guessing they do not allow people to sit on the Pier side. We've only sat on the park side.

Thanks.

Old 07-17-2012, 02:04 AM   #146
CrapBag
Earning My Ears

Oh, Bret...ye of little faith. Even with both hands and advanced knowledge of where to shoot, Kimberly shall never beat me. This, oh yea, this I promise thee. #TakeItToTheBank #Hashtag
Old 07-17-2012, 02:10 AM   #147
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Oh, Bret...ye of little faith. Even with both hands and advanced knowledge of where to shoot, Kimberly shall never beat me. This, oh yea, this I promise thee. #TakeItToTheBank #Hashtag
Did I mention my husband was competitive? Thankfully, I am not as bad. Guess it is a good thing, since he is better. Could you imagine if I were the better one?
Old 07-17-2012, 02:22 AM   #148
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey Crap,

You took some nice pics that day. That is a very nice score on TSMM that day. Anything is possible. I'll just leave it at that.

Quote:
Did I mention my husband was competitive? Thankfully, I am not as bad. Guess it is a good thing, since he is better. Could you imagine if I were the better one?
Yes, you did mention that he is competitive. I believe you said it on your WDW TR. Your score was really good. Some people couldn't even get 50,000+ on TSMM even with two hands. I also saw that you had a high hit percentage. I say that it is something to be very proud of. Crap is a video game player since he like to play MW3 as you told me awhile ago. I can imagine you being the better than Crap on TSMM or BLAB. It takes practice and you got to know where are the secret targets and high points.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:41 AM   #149
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

Great update Kim. I love seeing pics with the grandparents. I know what you mean about missing shots with Grandma and Grandpa. At my wedding I didn't get a photo of me and my Mom until the end of the recection. Not the best shot since by then everyone was all sweaty. You got a good one with the other granddads though.

If they let your SIL in line, where does she get the glasses from? I always see people in line with them on, so assumed they were given out prior to getting on the ride. If she were "with you" wouldn't you have collected them for her?

TSMM was closed when I last went to DCA in fall 2010, so I haven't gotten to experience it yet. And LM hadn't opened yet, but it sounds interesting. I don't think I have ever been on Nemo either, so nothing to compare it to. Hopefully next Spring/Summer we will make it down to DL, and things will have calmed down with Carsland.
Can't wait to see if you get to use your FP within the window. I remember reading about 300minute waits for standby on the Racers, I can't imagine why anyone would bother unless you have a good game on your phone!
pharmjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:45 AM   #150
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Lovely pics of the family.

And that man taking pictures? That would be CrapBag, Dis-ser extraordinaire; who knows the benefit of great shots in a TR.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: