DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2012, 06:33 PM   #16
Canadian Disney Mom
Formerly Tollerwalker - original join date July 2005

We just checked out of BWV and had no problems with wireless. We are at AKV now and is terrible in the room, but fine elsewhere.
Past Trips to Disneyworld, Disneyland, and Disney Cruises:WDW-1: May 1998 (Off Property), WDW-2: Apr 2002 (Off Property), WDW-3: Feb 2005 (All-Star Movies), WDW-4: Apr 2006 (SSR), WDW-5: April 2008 (AKV Jambo), WDW-6: Dec 2009 (AKV Kidani & SSR), WDW-7: Jul 2010 (AKV Jambo), WDW-8: Apr 2011 (Off Property), WDW-9: Jun-Jul 2012 (BLT, BWV & AKV Jambo), WDW-10: Dec 2012-Jan 2013 (AKV Jambo), WDW-11: Mar 2013 (BLT & AKV Kidani), WDW-12: June/July 2014 (AKV Jambo, VFW),WDW-13: Nov 2014 (VGF,BCV),WDW-14: Mar 2015 (SSR),DLR-1: Nov 2010 (Off Property), DLR-2: Jan 2012 (VGC), DCL-1: Jan 2012 (Disney Wonder 7 night MR)
Twitter ID: @CanadaDisneyMom
Canadian Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:57 AM   #17
dvcfamily41801
Has realized you can NEVER have too many DVC points
Would love to be a teachers assistant in an elementary school
Florida Project station takes me to my Happy Place

We brought our own router with us. Can anyone tell us how we would go about setting it up? It worked for our iPhones, iPads and laptop when we did a test at home, but can not get anything to work here. We are at BCV for tonight but move to BWV in the morning.

Thanks!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2012, 05:38 AM   #18
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcfamily41801 View Post
We brought our own router with us. Can anyone tell us how we would go about setting it up? It worked for our iPhones, iPads and laptop when we did a test at home, but can not get anything to work here. We are at BCV for tonight but move to BWV in the morning.

Thanks!!!
The wired port into which you need to plug the router has been disabled. You are stuck with Disney's wireless. Some rooms seem to have a better wireless connection than others, so hope you get a good one. If you bought an iPad that can use cell data, that might be faster than the laptop on wifi. I bought a month's worth of data for my iPad when I was at AKV in May because the wireless connection was so bad.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #19
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcfamily41801 View Post

Thanks!!!
I brought my router in late April to BWV. It would not work because the wired connection was disconnected. The router transmitted a signal but no connection.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #20
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurgswife View Post
This is the absolute worst internet I have ever experienced. It cuts in an out the entire time you are trying to work on the internet.

Is this new because I certainly don't remember these issue on prior trips? This is the absolute worst.

When it was up - I did a test at Speedtest.net at 4:54 PM
Download speed: 1.03 mb
Upload Speed: .25 mp

That's just embarrassing.

Have others had this issue lately?
Rather than start yet another thread about the wifi at BWV I decided to reply to this one from 4 months ago. We were recently at BWV and the wifi was terrible. It was unusable except after 11pm. During the day the speed would fluctuate -- sometimes as high as 2.9 Mbps down but only briefly, then it would drop to 0.20 Mbps.

We called Tech Support nearly every day. On the third call they said they had identified equipment problems and had opened a ticket. They said there were so many tickets ahead of ours it would be at least two days before someone came to BWV to try to fix the problem. There was some evidence someone was working on it two days after that conversation but for the remainder of our stay it never got any better. Tech Support suggested we go to the lobby because the wifi there is provided by a different vendor and might be better but when DH needed to send something to someone at work, he went to the lobby and found the wifi was no better there.

I just filled out my electronic guest survey. There were a lot of questions regarding the wifi service so I gave them my feedback. I will also be sending my complaints to wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com and dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com
Old 10-25-2012, 04:38 PM   #21
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
Rather than start yet another thread about the wifi at BWV I decided to reply to this one from 4 months ago. We were recently at BWV and the wifi was terrible. It was unusable except after 11pm. During the day the speed would fluctuate -- sometimes as high as 2.9 Mbps down but only briefly, then it would drop to 0.20 Mbps.

We called Tech Support nearly every day. On the third call they said they had identified equipment problems and had opened a ticket. They said there were so many tickets ahead of ours it would be at least two days before someone came to BWV to try to fix the problem. There was some evidence someone was working on it two days after that conversation but for the remainder of our stay it never got any better. Tech Support suggested we go to the lobby because the wifi there is provided by a different vendor and might be better but when DH needed to send something to someone at work, he went to the lobby and found the wifi was no better there.

I just filled out my electronic guest survey. There were a lot of questions regarding the wifi service so I gave them my feedback. I will also be sending my complaints to wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com and dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com
Thanks for posting and reporting the issues, Lisa. We also had lousy WiFi at BWV Oct. 9 - 16. I got the survey and the fact that there were so many questions about WiFi tells me that our complaints have at least made it to someone's radar screen. It irritates me to pay for cell service on my iPad just because Disney can't get this right but I would rather pay extra than go through the frustration of dealing with Disney WiFi.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #22
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

We were at the BWV 9/29 - 10/4 in standard view 2123. Wireless service there was quite good.

In contrast, the service we had at BLT 2 days earlier was terrible.

It appears to be a matter of location and room assignment. I sure hope they keep working on it.

We let them know the good and the bad on the resort surveys. Hope they keep working on it.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:49 PM   #23
marie1981
Mouseketeer

I am at the BC now. We just had an update cupple of days ago and it was a nice improvement.
marie1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #24
Candlelady
A dream is a wish your heart makes

We have been at the BCV since 10-19 and the service is actually quite good.
Much better than I was expecting after reading about all the poor connections over the last few months.
Candlelady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:56 PM   #25
LoveToDisney
Always needing another Disney trip!

I was so disappointed from our last two stays that I went out and bought a MIFI to use for my business needs while at Disney, something I would never have had to do when Disney had wired internet available. Irritating that I needed to do that but now I don't have to worry (plus it's secure). Sadly, I just got tired of fighting the problem.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:58 AM   #26
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToDisney View Post
I was so disappointed from our last two stays that I went out and bought a MIFI to use for my business needs while at Disney, something I would never have had to do when Disney had wired internet available. Irritating that I needed to do that but now I don't have to worry (plus it's secure). Sadly, I just got tired of fighting the problem.
My DH brought his MiFi on the trip and it didn't work much better than the in room wifi. His MiFi uses Sprint but I can't say for sure if it was a Sprint problem or a problem with the MiFi unit itself. However I was talking to someone while in line at a F&W seminar who has Sprint cellphone service and he was experiencing very long delays receiving text messages so maybe there isn't good coverage at WDW.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:08 AM   #27
CRobin
DIS Veteran

Disney, at least at BWV, has some big problems with WIFI. When we are there the week of 10/13 - 10/20, we had to call them a couple of times. First they had to get into a guest room down the hall to reboot the modem (which covered 6 rooms), then he said that they had TV problems as well so that could be introducing some "noise" into the system.

I could sense from the technician that he was troubled by the problems, but was as honest as he could be with us. He understood and shared our frustration.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
CRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #28
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRobin View Post
Disney, at least at BWV, has some big problems with WIFI. When we are there the week of 10/13 - 10/20, we had to call them a couple of times. First they had to get into a guest room down the hall to reboot the modem (which covered 6 rooms), then he said that they had TV problems as well so that could be introducing some "noise" into the system.

........(snip).....
That's interesting.

When we were at BWV, there were no TV issues and no wi-fi issues. But there were TV issues (no service) at BLT when we were there 9/27 & 9/28. We also had awful wi-fi service during those two days. Can't help but wonder if those things are related somehow, but I can't imagine why they would be.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #29
LoveToDisney
Always needing another Disney trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
My DH brought his MiFi on the trip and it didn't work much better than the in room wifi. His MiFi uses Sprint but I can't say for sure if it was a Sprint problem or a problem with the MiFi unit itself. However I was talking to someone while in line at a F&W seminar who has Sprint cellphone service and he was experiencing very long delays receiving text messages so maybe there isn't good coverage at WDW.
I have used my MIFI at my home office (when the local fiber optics cable was accidentally cut during road construction) and on a trip to Branson without issue. I have never had a problem with my Sprint service on my cell phone at WDW so I'm hopeful I will have good service with the MIFI. I will definitely report how it does after our next trip to WDW.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #30
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToDisney View Post
I have used my MIFI at my home office (when the local fiber optics cable was accidentally cut during road construction) and on a trip to Branson without issue. I have never had a problem with my Sprint service on my cell phone at WDW so I'm hopeful I will have good service with the MIFI. I will definitely report how it does after our next trip to WDW.
I'll be interested to hear how well it works for you. From our experience at WDW, location can make a big difference so maybe we were just in a bad spot. Prior to getting a MiFi DH had something USB-based for 3G service that was with a different carrier. We tried accessing the Internet from our netbook in Epcot one day. We couldn't get connected. Then we walked about 1/4 of the way around the lake and tried again and it worked great.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: