Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #2956
mrsabbott
Mouseketeer

I am worn out! It was a community outreach today at our church.. every year they organize volunteers to go out and do various jobs for schools/etc.. in the community. Several did Habitat for Humanity, a few did stuff for local public and private schools, some painted, many of us landscaped.. That is what I did! We landscaped the property at a local boy's group home. They had a mile long walking path that we mulched, then we mulched their flower beds and around their trees (which was a huge area!!) but we managed to knock it all out about 2 hours ahead of schedule! Beautiful day to do outside work but my body isn't used to shoveling and raking and whatnot for that long a time. Still, only 2 blisters after it was all said and done, and those boys were all really happy at how nice their home looked once it was done. It was a great group effort!

Let me tell you guys, I heard one boy say how he'd been there for 6 years.. his mom didn't want him anymore so his grandparents came to get him but they couldn't "handle" him.. broke my heart!

I'm exhausted but kind of invigorated too! It felt good to go out there and do something for someone else just because! I highly recommend it!

So, I've eaten and had a little rest.. now I need to get to work on cleaning my house and stuff.. Got lots and lots of to catch up on!!

Old 09-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #2957
schumigirl
I`ve bought one of those for this year....it`s in fuscia pink though......You`ll be able to see me from the air
It`s a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts

Location: Originally Scotland, Now in Cleveland, NE England, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPstar View Post
got to see mr. Metro and Vicki/Tink last night. Had great fun. Did all but 2 of the houses.
Sorry to have missed you Robbie/Andy......but glad you got to spend some time with Vicki And our Metro too

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink1957 View Post

Hope Carole is OK...I haven't heard from her since we met up...she is a lovely person and I enjoyed spending time with her and her family.

I also got to meet Lynne/Kogo and Carol...it was nice to meet everyone in person and find out that they are all great people...I love my homies
That was so funny bumping into you in IOA there Vicki.....it`s so strange hearing someone shout my name over here........

Yes we had a lovely time with you both the other night too, it was a lovely evening with you. And meeting Kogo too......another face to a name

Enjoy the rest of your trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsabbott View Post
now I need to get to work on cleaning my house and stuff.. Got lots and lots of to catch up on!!
Oh I don`t envy you.......that`s what I`m going to be doing all next week when I get home........lots and lots and lots of laundry

Well, last full day in the parks today.........those 2 are waiting for my "breakdown" moment......which hasn`t happened yet........I turn around and they are watching me like a hawk!!!

Back in room to pack Get showered, changed and up to the Club Lounge for an hour or so, then out to Nascar for dinner tonight then some music in Margaritaville for our last night.

Up early tomorrow for Virgin Atlantic luggage drop at Downtown Disney.

Hope everyone`s good and enjoying whatever it is you`re doing
AUG 2009 2 WEEKS RPR
OCT 2010 2 WEEKS RPR & HHN
AUG 2011 2 WEEKS RPR
JULY 2012 17 NIGHTS RPR
APRIL 2013 WEEK IN NEW YORK
SEPT 2013...17 NIGHTS RPR &HHN
MAY 2014.....2 WEEKS IN NEW YORK
SEPTEMBER 2014....18 NIGHTS RPR & HHN
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2013, 08:53 PM   #2958
Kogo Shuko
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink1957 View Post

I also got to meet Lynne/Kogo and Carol...it was nice to meet everyone in person and find out that they are all great people...I love my homies
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumigirl View Post

Yes we had a lovely time with you both the other night too, it was a lovely evening with you. And meeting Kogo too......another face to a name

It was great meeting you guys, even if it was only for a half hour!! It makes this place even MORE like home!

Carol and I did manage to finish everything... we tried riding Transformers, but it konked out halfway through and they had to let us all off.

Went to EPCOT today (egads, the crowds for wine and food!!) and tomorrow is shopping. Then more Disney on Monday and Tuesday.

Whew!

~*~ 1992-1993 Offsite ~*~ 1995-1996 Offsite ~*~ 2009 Scotland ~*~ 2010 Newfoundland ~*~ 2010-2011 Offsite ~*~ October 2011 - Offsite/Leesburg ~*~ Feb 2012 Offsite/Leesburg ~*~ Oct 2012 Carnival Cruise/Offsite/Leesburg ~*~ Sept 2013 - Sanibel/Vistana/Leesburg ~*~

~*~My Blog / Florida Trip Report~*~
http://kogoshuko.wordpress.com/
Old 09-29-2013, 12:00 AM   #2959
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Im a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumigirl View Post
Sorry to have missed you Robbie/Andy......but glad you got to spend some time with Vicki And our Metro too

That was so funny bumping into you in IOA there Vicki.....it`s so strange hearing someone shout my name over here........

Oh I don`t envy you.......that`s what I`m going to be doing all next week when I get home........lots and lots and lots of laundry

Well, last full day in the parks today.........those 2 are waiting for my "breakdown" moment......which hasn`t happened yet........I turn around and they are watching me like a hawk!!!

Back in room to pack Get showered, changed and up to the Club Lounge for an hour or so, then out to Nascar for dinner tonight then some music in Margaritaville for our last night.

Up early tomorrow for Virgin Atlantic luggage drop at Downtown Disney.

Hope everyone`s good and enjoying whatever it is you`re doing
it is about midnight.
i am on the computer to print out my ressies for the trip and decided, i can always do that later.
rather come here and post to my homies.

wanted to give carole a big and say see youse next year!

Old 09-29-2013, 12:02 AM   #2960
macraven
Proud Redhead
Im a Universal Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogo Shuko View Post
It was great meeting you guys, even if it was only for a half hour!! It makes this place even MORE like home!

Carol and I did manage to finish everything... we tried riding Transformers, but it konked out halfway through and they had to let us all off.

Went to EPCOT today (egads, the crowds for wine and food!!) and tomorrow is shopping. Then more Disney on Monday and Tuesday.

Whew!
hey kogo!

i'll be at the motherland on monday for a week before i go to the darkside.

tell me where i will be meeting up with you, the date and place would help.

i don't know how i will find you since the parks are full of peeps and i don't know what you look like.

Old 09-29-2013, 04:17 PM   #2961
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

Oh the logistics of DISers meet and greets!

Glad to hear all are having a good time or getting ready to in the Orlando area.

Feeling better, though my sense of smell has yet to be normal, and a residual cough and sniffles.

Hope all are/will have a good Sunday night!

Safe travels Mac,
Old 09-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #2962
macraven
Proud Redhead
Im a Universal Homie

tanx lynne!

well, less than 7 hours and my ride picks me up to go to the airport.

i can now say that my check-in luggage is completely packed.
this is a record.
done with that bag earlier than i ever had before.

but, my carry on bag is not packed.

not concerned, still have time to get that in order.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:41 PM   #2963
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

Mac,

Have a safe trip to the motherland. Can't wait till next week to see you and others at the Darkside. Going to be fun fun fun.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:25 AM   #2964
macraven
Proud Redhead
Im a Universal Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer101 View Post
Mac,

Have a safe trip to the motherland. Can't wait till next week to see you and others at the Darkside. Going to be fun fun fun.
yes, will be seeing you at the darkside!!
hhn, here we come.

i now have about 35 minutes until my car service picks me up to head to the airport.

i'm ready to take a nap now.
i hope i don't snore on the flight.

carry on bag is packed and i'm all set.
i just can't believe i really am going!

if i can connect to the internet at the motherland resort, i'll pop in here.
if not, i know i will get connection while at rph.

each post that i will be making will state how much i hate using my ipad on the trips.
get used to that, you'll be hearing it a lot.....

Old 09-30-2013, 02:56 AM   #2965
macraven
Proud Redhead
Im a Universal Homie

it is 2:55 and i'm still here.

the car service i always use to get to the airport hasn't shown up yet.
generally, they arrive 15 minutes prior to pick up time.

everything was going so smooth tonight, now i hit this snag.

hopefully they will be here the next time i look out the door.

i might be back and i might not.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:24 AM   #2966
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

Well Mac, I hope you arrived at the airport and are on your flight without delay, and are enjoying snoozing on the plane.

I hope you have great weather and a great time.

Happy Monday y'all! Another day without rain, and mid 70's F. So nice. Well, not the 50 F I had to walk the dog in this morning.

Time for tea.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:29 AM   #2967
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

Hope Mac made her flight.

Also happy Monday to everyone, back to the grind but next week Universal!
Old 09-30-2013, 11:04 AM   #2968
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

bye mac, take 'er easy!

Old 09-30-2013, 02:33 PM   #2969
schumigirl
I`ve bought one of those for this year....it`s in fuscia pink though......You`ll be able to see me from the air
It`s a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts

Location: Originally Scotland, Now in Cleveland, NE England, UK

Hey all

Back home after 17 wonderful nights at Royal Pacific Resort

It was the most amazing trip.....again.......we loved every second.

The staff there just make you feel like family returning home again, it`s so lovely when lots of the same people remember you from previous trips.

Thinking on doing a trip report, but worry it may get long winded and a bit boring.......17 nights is a long time to write about, and although we had an amazing time........it wouldn`t be what everyone would want to do.

There were so many highs........no lows at all.......but meeting up with Todd, that is always a highlight and we love spending time with him And finally getting to meet my bud Vicki....we had such a good time together just wish it could have been longer And meeting Kogo.......that was a nice surprise and she is lovely too and she gave us a little gift.....thank you for that!!

Hotel as usual exceeded all our hopes and wishes....loved every second we spent there. Parks were good.......mainly quiet but busier on certain days but with EP.....it doesn`t matter.

Weather was amazing.......really really hot and only had high humidity part of one day and only had heavy rain one day but we had a mall at Millenia/Outlet centre day then and that is always good!!

So, back to normality.....trying to stave off jet lag at the moment. Had a good flight home, only 8 hours......9hrs 20 going over so a bit better....we even managed to sleep for a couple of hours.

Now to start planning next Orlando trip ..........I have a 2 week trip to New York first in May .......but hey.....I can plan 2 long trips at the same time

Hope everyone`s good......looking forward to hearing about all the meets and upcoming trips
AUG 2009 2 WEEKS RPR
OCT 2010 2 WEEKS RPR & HHN
AUG 2011 2 WEEKS RPR
JULY 2012 17 NIGHTS RPR
APRIL 2013 WEEK IN NEW YORK
SEPT 2013...17 NIGHTS RPR &HHN
MAY 2014.....2 WEEKS IN NEW YORK
SEPTEMBER 2014....18 NIGHTS RPR & HHN
Old 09-30-2013, 03:10 PM   #2970
SharkyGoddess
Happier than a Shark at a Sushi Bar

AHHHH!!!!! *panicking*

We leave in just a few days and I've still got so much to do! The last month has been a pita with my daughter having the stomach bug for an entire week and then the hubs spending time in the hospital for cellulitis. Recovering from that hasn't been easy. He still has some redness and discomfort. Ugh... I'm beat!

Mac... are we still meeting up on the 6th? We'll be at the park all day & HHN that night :-)
First trip 1987 ~Disney & Bush Gardens with best friend and Dad Second trip 1991 ~ US with friendsThird trip July 2002 ~ Disney & US/IOA with my kiddos Fourth trip July 2004 ~US/IOA A very pregnant me and my two kiddos Fifth trip October 2007 ~Disney for MNSSHP ASM with my kiddos and Sweet Babboo Sixth trip October 2010 ~US/IOA for HHN & WWoHP with Babboo & Kiddos
"Just behind the reef are the big white teeth of the sharks that can swim on the land."
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: