Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 12:46 PM   #1606
schumigirl
I`ve bought one of those for this year....it`s in fuscia pink though......You`ll be able to see me from the air
It`s a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
i came back with the same tan i left withbut with one burnt/now peeling shoulder. I'm so pale made sure to hit up the tanning bed, then hid under the beach palapa as much as possible slathered up with 50 spf. It was way too hot there for my liking, not sure i'd ever get used to it.
Janet....I`ve missed something Where have you been

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne G View Post
Vacation is still months away. When I am on vacaiton, I am with you, I like heat, not really hot. Though packing for a hot weather vacation is easier, summer clothes take up so much less room!
I agree Lynne.......summer clothes make for lighter suitcases It`s all the stuff we buy there that makes a difference to our luggage allowance coming home on the plane.......soon adds up!!!
We love the heat......happy with anything after our weather.......it`s freezing here again today 42f/heit.....murky foggy drizzly and downright cold!!!!! Can`t wait for our Orlando trip.
When is your trip Lynne I`ve forgotten???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogo Shuko View Post
*sneaks in and looks around*

Is this where the Universal addicted folks come? If so, I belong here!!

On the topic of heat: Ugh! It's been super muggy up here in Ottawa, which is horrible for my wheezy asthmatic lungs. It's also going to reach a high of 82 and I have to go horseback riding in that.

It could be and WILL be worse, I suppose.

This is where the Universal addicts are.....you found us

Welcome.........nice to see a new face. Come in and make yourself at home............ We are a very friendly bunch over here

Apart from the weather I had a lovely day........went on a spending spree ......got everything on my list except new dining room curtains. Have to get them specially made but didn`t see any material I liked. That can wait though.

DH said I had a glow after all the spending

Quiet night tonight with nice bottle of red wine, pizza and central heating turned up.......you would think it was winter

SEPT 2007 2 WEEKS BUENA VISTA PALACE & HHN
SEPT 2008 2 WEEKS POFQ &HHN
AUG 2009 2 WEEKS RPR
OCT 2010 2 WEEKS RPR & HHN
AUG 2011 2 WEEKS RPR
JULY 2012 17 NIGHTS RPR
APRIL 2013 WEEK IN NEW YORK
SEPT 2013...17 NIGHTS RPR &HHN
MAY 2014.....2 WEEKS IN NEW YORK
SEPTEMBER 2014....18 NIGHTS RPR & HHN
SEPTEMBER/OCT 2015 18 NIGHTS RPR & HHN
Old 05-30-2013, 02:53 PM   #1607
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

Hi Shumi!
Yep, vacation isn't until the end of August. Seems still far away. Raven will ask you what a quiet night is. Glad to hear it is relaxing. I had quiet night the other night. So nice to not have anything related to school or sports that night. I will be glad when school ends. Summer is a change in routine for me, and I like having some of my evenings to just relax.

My house temparature has been crazy, the other day, had to turn on the heat, as it was way too cold for me, then yesterday, had to turn on the AC, as the house was just to darn hot. Today, it's been really warm. Last night only went down into the low 70's F.

to Kogo. We are a friendly bunch. My family really enjoys USO, and since 2 years ago, a USO stay has been a staple of our Orlando vacations. I am also an AP holder, as the benefits are worth it to me. And for the first time, we are going to visit US Hollywood. Kids are really excited. So, welcome to the darkside!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #1608
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Im a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDer2FL View Post
One month til UO/WDW!

WOOT..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer101 View Post
Us too. Yippee.
WOOT ........WOOT.........

take me with youse.....

Old 05-30-2013, 04:02 PM   #1609
macraven
Proud Redhead
Im a Universal Homie

a big to the addict in the North...........

Kogo Shuko

yes, , youse will fit right in here with all of us other addicts to the darkside.

btw, i love sneaky homies.

Old 05-30-2013, 04:04 PM   #1610
macraven
Proud Redhead
Im a Universal Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne G View Post
Raven will ask you what a quiet night is.

but, but, but, that is my part time job to do that.........

Old 05-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #1611
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

almost nightey night time here, finally! i nominate today as 'one of those days'

carole we were sweltering in the riviera maya. nearly melted climbing temple @ ek balam and poking around chichen itza, but a memorable experience. Met lots of brits at our resort. Most there for a good three to four weeks, they all seemed to take to the heat depsite telling me it was rainy and cold back home.

Can't wait to retreat to WDW and U where the trips are easy peasy. DH is rarely able to secure two vacation weeks together, hence our quick 2nd trip next friday.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:10 PM   #1612
Threeboysandachickie
Make a Wish trip mommy

Three more nights until my vacation eek!!

I already to get out of dodge. We have major flooding here. My husband sandbagged downtown for 3 hours today to protect the fore station and electrical plant from the rising river. The river will crest 8 feet above major flood stage Saturday morning. Hopefully we do not get any more rain, but it is forecast for tomorrow and Saturday. There is no end in sight. We had the horrible floods in 2008 and were without electricity for a week. Luckily so far the forecasted crest is 4 feet lower than that record, but still the second highest in history. Our farmers cannot get the fields planted.

In the past 20 years alone we have had two 100 year (statistically should occur this often) floods and two 500 year floods. Crazy weather patterns worldwide

We have enough gas to run our generator for a week. Luckily I will be gone for most of that! My husband can rough it better than I can!!!

Orlando...take me away!

Visiting the darkside yearly since 2004
Staying onsite RPR or HRH
Old 05-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #1613
Kogo Shuko
DIS Veteran

*pokes back in*

This definitely looks like my kind of people.

And I like that Universal is the darkside.
This means we have cookies here, right?
Or cake... I'll take cake.

I'm quite jealous of those leaving soon. I have so long to wait.

me (28): ~*~ J (32): ~*~ E (7): ~*~ Jax:
~*~ 1992-1993 Offsite ~*~ 1995-1996 Offsite ~*~ 2009 Scotland ~*~ 2010 Newfoundland ~*~ 2010-2011 Offsite ~*~ October 2011 - Offsite/Leesburg ~*~ Feb 2012 Offsite/Leesburg ~*~ Oct 2012 Carnival Cruise/Offsite/Leesburg ~*~ Sept 2013 - Sanibel/Vistana/Leesburg ~*~ April 2014 - Houston, Texas ~*~ August 2014 - Rochester, NY ~*~

Old 05-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #1614
agavegirl1
DIS Veteran

Hello All...

Um, so I guess the "Dark Side" fans can feel safe here? I usually avoid comparisons on DIS but I just broke my own rule about not getting into an argument of US/IOA vs Disney and I realize I need an outlet for my fandom. I am somewhat knowledgeable about both so I can't help but compare. I have even (perish the thought) spent my entire vacation at HRH and US/IOA for a WEEK! I am not even close to being a teen or a tween or a parent of either. I am a 56 year old grandmother who is a theme park junkie and thrill ride afficiando.

You seem like such a close knit group, I hope I am not intruding by being here. I need a safe place.

Thank-you.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:39 AM   #1615
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

All are welcome here while we center 'round the darkside, it's a positive, stress free forum...not to be confused with the sometimes scary waters of the CB here

can't believe it's almost June already! here's to a good weekend all around!

Old 05-31-2013, 06:59 AM   #1616
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow
All are welcome here while we center 'round the darkside, it's a positive, stress free forum...not to be confused with the sometimes scary waters of the CB here

I know right where did may go? Its ok though because I'll be heading down on June 23
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Bay Lake Towers2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas2014 Saratoga Springs2014 Fantasy World Vacation Villas2014 Disney All Star Sports2014Royal Pacific Resort
Old 05-31-2013, 09:22 AM   #1617
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agavegirl1 View Post
Hello All...

Um, so I guess the "Dark Side" fans can feel safe here? I usually avoid comparisons on DIS but I just broke my own rule about not getting into an argument of US/IOA vs Disney and I realize I need an outlet for my fandom. I am somewhat knowledgeable about both so I can't help but compare. I have even (perish the thought) spent my entire vacation at HRH and US/IOA for a WEEK! I am not even close to being a teen or a tween or a parent of either. I am a 56 year old grandmother who is a theme park junkie and thrill ride afficiando.

You seem like such a close knit group, I hope I am not intruding by being here. I need a safe place.

Thank-you.
Welcome,

We spend 7-10 at RPR each summer and enjoy every bit of it. It's truly a real vacation we are not tired after.

Mac on the boards spends 14 days at RPR and she loves every minute. Also Robert on the boards here used to spend 3 weeks at RPR in the summer but the past 2 summers he has done something else. That's just to name a few. There are plenty of homies that spend lots of time onsite.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:23 AM   #1618
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post

June is good, vacation is under 30 days, yippee.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:24 AM   #1619
macraven
Proud Redhead
Im a Universal Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeboysandachickie View Post
Three more nights until my vacation eek!!

I already to get out of dodge. We have major flooding here. My husband sandbagged downtown for 3 hours today to protect the fore station and electrical plant from the rising river. The river will crest 8 feet above major flood stage Saturday morning. Hopefully we do not get any more rain, but it is forecast for tomorrow and Saturday. There is no end in sight. We had the horrible floods in 2008 and were without electricity for a week. Luckily so far the forecasted crest is 4 feet lower than that record, but still the second highest in history. Our farmers cannot get the fields planted.

In the past 20 years alone we have had two 100 year (statistically should occur this often) floods and two 500 year floods. Crazy weather patterns worldwide

We have enough gas to run our generator for a week. Luckily I will be gone for most of that! My husband can rough it better than I can!!!

Orlando...take me away!

all here are sending you mummy dust !!

truly hope it gets better and not worse.
floods are really scary.

are youse flying to O' town?
will you have any issues getting to the airport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogo Shuko View Post
*pokes back in*

This definitely looks like my kind of people.

And I like that Universal is the darkside.
This means we have cookies here, right?
Or cake... I'll take cake.

I'm quite jealous of those leaving soon. I have so long to wait.

yea, we are your people.
and you'll find out what kind of homies we really are when we move to a new house.
homies that haven't been here in some time will be claiming the best rooms in the house........

we always aim for a water view when we have to pack up and start a new thread here.
dang that page limit rule...

i hear you on the "i have long to wait" for my trip.

i start planning my next trip while i am on the airplane coming home on the last trip.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:38 AM   #1620
macraven
Proud Redhead
Im a Universal Homie

agavegirl1
has arrived!!!!

let's start the party.

to our newest homie.
agavegirl1

we welcome everyone to come and play here!!
now that you have stepped foot in our mansion, you are a homie and one of us darksiders......

sometimes we will have many converstations at once but that is how we roll.

sometimes a newbie comes to ask questions here instead of making a new thread.

that is fine. we love darkside newbies to pieces.......

because many of us have been to the darkside, it has made us invisible friends in some ways.
Mr Mac tells me i have invisible friends.......

over the years, many of us have met up in person and are no longer invisible to each other.

i always look and see the posts where a homie says they will be at the darkside. i try my best to pm them and do a meet and greet while we are all down there.

i always book a private hhn tour for october.
every person that is in the tour is from the Disboards.

we connected by this thread in most cases.

now i'm gonna put you on the list, like i have with others, to look you up if you ever will be at the darkside when i go.

i do both the motherland and the darkside each fall.

stay at both of their onsite resorts and enjoy myself.

this year i am taking dates off my motherland stay to add to the darkside stay.
i can find oodles of things to do there besides the parks.

you be sure to come back here cause if you don't, i'll have to send he hounds out looking for youse!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: