Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 07:44 AM   #1501
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink1957 View Post
Just got my vacation approved today....I did it backwards cuz I got such a great deal & I didn't want to let it get away.

Glad it worked out as I would have had to get sick that week if they had turned it down
i like the way u thimk

what is this magical uverse? my verizon DSL (thinly disguised dial-up) is woefully inadequate especially now that jr is back home and there are three of us on most of the time...so slow. May suck it up and sell my soul to comcast just to get a decent speed. Anybody have them as provider?

one day until we head outta dodge

Old 05-17-2013, 10:02 AM   #1502
SharkyGoddess
Happier than a Shark at a Sushi Bar

Grumpity grump grump

Stupid clouds. Stupid barely there drizzle. Just two days ago I was enjoying my sunshine while getting the pool ready for the kids (well... and me since I sunbathe in it). But NOOOOO! No sun for the Shark today! *sigh* How am I supposed to work on my tan and get exercise while fussing over the pool if Mr. Sunshine won't cooperate?

Ah well.... at least my Stealth Child will be safe from getting a sun burn while outside with me and I can take this time to obsess over HHN plans.

MORNIN' Y'ALL!!!!!
First trip 1987 ~Disney & Bush Gardens with best friend and Dad Second trip 1991 ~ US with friendsThird trip July 2002 ~ Disney & US/IOA with my kiddos Fourth trip July 2004 ~US/IOA A very pregnant me and my two kiddos Fifth trip October 2007 ~Disney for MNSSHP ASM with my kiddos and Sweet Babboo Sixth trip October 2010 ~US/IOA for HHN & WWoHP with Babboo & KiddosSeventh Trip October 2013~ US/IOA with the fam & HHN with my Sweet Babboo, Mac, Marquibiri, Pax & Dora
"Just behind the reef are the big white teeth of the sharks that can swim on the land."
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2013, 06:20 PM   #1503
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
i like the way u thimk

what is this magical uverse? my verizon DSL (thinly disguised dial-up) is woefully inadequate especially now that jr is back home and there are three of us on most of the time...so slow. May suck it up and sell my soul to comcast just to get a decent speed. Anybody have them as provider?

Uverse is AT&T internet/phone set up.
we now have voice mail on our phone.

they also have a tv plan.

i have had AT&T for my computer line since 1993.
it was first called worldnet, then att, then ameritech, and then about 2008, back to att.net.

my worldnet changed automatically to ameritech but now they don't switch your provider name in your service.
Uverse has different levels of downloads/uploads you can buy in a plan.
my area does not support the top level but has availability in the next lower 4 plans.

i signed up for max plus level for online gaming.
but when the wiring was done, i got the level below.
the tech said it might be because my area will not support the 18mbps download, so my max is 12 now.
gotta start calling them to understand what went wrong with my installation.

comcast is the big competitor in my area.
they have lower prices but their rates go sky high once your one year contract expires.

att contract is more flexible.
at 11 months into this contract, i can renew with another discount, so that is good.
my phone basic charge with a bundle with internet before was $120 month.
now it has dropped to $65.
i can have 10 people on my set up with no problem.

our tv is comcast and it's just okay.
the basic is great but the extended is what costs.
we have that as the sports channels are a necessity here.
i don't even watch them........

i did a search to find the best deal in our chicago area for internet with a bundle.
since i already had att, it was an easy change of program for us.

i'm guessing different areas of the states have similar programs with the major companies.

we started with dial up when we bought our first computer.
man..........so glad those days are way behind us!
i feel your pain keisha...

Old 05-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #1504
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
i like the way u thimk

I am with ya K. We too have Verizon Dsl as they have decided our neighborhood is not worth the investment in fiber optic line. So mad as I have been a long time customer and my DBro lives down the street and he has it. Only other choice for us is Comcast, and I am not fond of them. So, my teen rants when all are online. Not sure I want AT&T either. If I can even get it here, as I have never seen one ad for uverse.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #1505
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

We have the highest Uverse and we are seeing speeds if around 22-24 down. We can do a lot with it. My son and I can be gaming online while other can be steaming Netflix too. We also have 2 phone lines with them also. For tv we stayed with Comcast through our neighborhood deal. Then we add on every other channel.

With having Internet and tv desperate you normally won't lose both at the same time. Never keep all your eggs in the same basket.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:41 PM   #1506
macraven
Proud Redhead
Iím a Universal Homie

son who lives with us ordered netflix and able to streamline the movies.
he signed up last night.

he said it works great.

bluer, in my area 20 is the highest for down.

my package shows up as 12 when i ordered and paid for 18.

the tech did some testing and said even though we are in for 12, our line is only working at 52% of its ability.

12 won't support online gaming at its best.

the tech called the office while at my house and said that the 18 is not offered in my area.

dang...........

but, what i have now with this rewiring, is much better, faster, etc than what we were using.

i saw on ad on tv this evening that advertises in our area/chicago, the internet cost per month is on a special for $12.95.

i bought in too soon........

Old 05-18-2013, 05:07 AM   #1507
schumigirl
I`ve bought one of those for this year....it`s in fuscia pink though......You`ll be able to see me from the air
It`s a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts

Good Saturday morning all

Well the rain is torrential and it`s cold.......but I don`t need to go anywhere so it`s all good.

We now have everything organised for our Sept trip.....car rental and the 14 day tickets have been sorted.

Chose a Suburban this year as we really enjoyed it last time, though that was a free upgrade, but it`s worth it. We love driving in the States and the Suburban was fun to drive.

Just waiting to go now

Did give the family a bit of a bombshell last night................

I told them I want to give Orlando a miss next year .....after they recovered I said that after having been to New York and loving it so much I want to go somewhere else next year........including New York if possible.

I know I`m going to NY with my mum in May/June but would happily go back again in September next year.

So after we get back this year we`re going to have a think and then decide.

I may of course get out voted

Vicki........glad you got that vacation time sorted.......I can taste those cocktails already

Have a good weekend everyone

SEPT 2007 2 WEEKS BUENA VISTA PALACE & HHN
SEPT 2008 2 WEEKS POFQ &HHN
AUG 2009 2 WEEKS RPR
OCT 2010 2 WEEKS RPR & HHN
AUG 2011 2 WEEKS RPR
JULY 2012 17 NIGHTS RPR
APRIL 2013 WEEK IN NEW YORK
SEPT 2013...17 NIGHTS RPR &HHN
MAY 2014.....2 WEEKS IN NEW YORK
SEPTEMBER 2014....18 NIGHTS RPR & HHN
Old 05-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #1508
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Wow...quiet in here tonight.

I finally washed the car today and got all the Lovebug residue off. Here's a hint: wet a fabric softener sheet and rub on the carcusses...it takes it right off.

Heading to the shower and will relax in front of the television for a while.

Have a good night all!

BTW...Carole...my group is going to RusTeak again next month.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #1509
SharkyGoddess

UGH! Waiting to book rentals and purchase the tix is driving me insane!!! *sigh*

Sooooo.... how has everyone's weekend been? The kids, hubs and I have been cleaning up our little pool and moving it to another area of the yard. I worked my hiney off cleaning it only for it to get dirty while we were carrying it to the new area. Not happy. But the new spot has just as much sun and gives a ton more privacy. We're in the process of making some of those beer bottle tikis to place on the fence around it and I can't wait to see them done.

Mac I've enjoyed reading your reviews of Uverse. I've been curious about it but didn't know of anyone using it to actually hear the good and bad.
First trip 1987 ~Disney & Bush Gardens with best friend and Dad Second trip 1991 ~ US with friendsThird trip July 2002 ~ Disney & US/IOA with my kiddos Fourth trip July 2004 ~US/IOA A very pregnant me and my two kiddos Fifth trip October 2007 ~Disney for MNSSHP ASM with my kiddos and Sweet Babboo Sixth trip October 2010 ~US/IOA for HHN & WWoHP with Babboo & KiddosSeventh Trip October 2013~ US/IOA with the fam & HHN with my Sweet Babboo, Mac, Marquibiri, Pax & Dora
"Just behind the reef are the big white teeth of the sharks that can swim on the land."
Old 05-19-2013, 01:54 PM   #1510
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

Here in south fla it is pretty popular and I love mine. It's great to have dedicated speed and not sharing it with the whole neighborhood like cable.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #1511
SharkyGoddess

Well crud. Not too long ago I ran across a post someone on here that had some really good suggestions for finding inexpensive rentals. I thought I had saved it but no it's gone. Well bah-humbug.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #1512
SharkyGoddess

*sniffles* I'm all alone in here! WAAAAAHHHH!!!!!

Did I miss everyone leaving for trips?
Old 05-20-2013, 08:33 PM   #1513
macraven
Proud Redhead
Iím a Universal Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkyGoddess View Post
*sniffles* I'm all alone in here! WAAAAAHHHH!!!!!

Did I miss everyone leaving for trips?
don't cry homie...........

i'll be around later tonight.

i left the house at 9ish this morning and didn't get back home until 6.
it's 8:32 and i am just thinking about what to fix for dinner.

i'm starting my coffee in a few minutes so i'll be awake tonight.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:06 AM   #1514
macraven
Proud Redhead
Iím a Universal Homie

ok, now that i am back, where is our homie sharky??

having some nasty storms and lightening in my area and won't be online much longer.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:16 AM   #1515
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

Raven, hope all is well out your way.

So sorry for those effected by that massive tornado.

You would think it's summer here. Most of our spring has been cool, but today, 85 F and steamy with chance of Thunderstorms later in the day. And this is to continue all week, then be cool for the week-end.

DD keeps asking what US Hollywood has that USO doesn't. Warned her the park is not as big, but we are all looking forward to the backstage tour. Nothing like it in USO and I hope much better than the one in WDW.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: