Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #31
QueenQueso
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly F - Ohio View Post
417 is the best route!!

If you need to stop at a grocery store there is a Super Target at the Orange Blossom Trail exit (exit #11) on 417 you can see the Target from the highway it only 1/8 of a mile from the highway and it's very easy to getting into and out of. It is also only 6 miles from WDW. This is the store we always stop at.

If you look up the location on Targets web site it is list as the one at Hunters Creek.
Excellent info, this is exactly what I logged on today to find out!
Old 09-06-2013, 04:28 PM   #32
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoAtDisney View Post
Does anyone know if the two 417 toll booths between MCO & exit 6 are still manned & cash can be used?

I've read that some "manned/cash ok" toll booths have recently been switched to unmanned & not taking cash - electronic only.

Since we only use a toll road from MCO & back (both times=417), I don't want to buy the rental company's epass, unless, of course, it's necessary to prevent a fine.
Yes, they are still manned and yes, cash can be used.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2013, 06:25 AM   #33
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin Disney style View Post
Curious to know what happens if you pull up to a toll booth that requires exact change and you don't have it? We drove home from WDW this past Sat/Sun (21 hours) and we came through one but luckily I had coins. We then had the conversation about what would we have done if we had no coins. We live in Canada and we have VERY few toll roads...the one we do have is totally electronic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Not sure what happens if you don't have exact change. I just make sure I always do. I have a couple of those little mini M&M plastic containers that someone on the DIS suggested getting several years ago to hold pennies and quarters for the pressed penny machines. We don't do the pressed penny machines anymore, but now make sure I carry one of those mini M&M containers full of quarters every trip. I just keep it in the glove box with the GPS. That way I always have plenty of quarters.
We just returned from our trip last week. We rented a car for the first time in 10 years. One day we went to Kennedy Space Center. Didn't even think about tolls. The first toll was an unmanned booth on the entrance ramp. As we went through it without any change we saw they had envelopes to send it in. But you had to pay by check and we don't bring our checkbook on vacation so we had to find a PO to get a money order. After we went through the toll I said "if only I had remembered to bring my pressed penny money" to which my youngest DD says "oh I forgot about that, I have mine". If only I had mentioned that before we went through without paying.

When we returned the rental car they said they have the e-pass and we will also likely get a charge from them. $2.95/day you use it + toll.

I always have change in my car. Now I won't rent a car without change too!
Old 09-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #34
TwoAtDisney
Julie

gmeh1, thanks for your reply. Good to know.
TwoAtDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #35
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoAtDisney View Post
gmeh1, thanks for your reply. Good to know.
You are welcome. Enjoy!!!
Old 09-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #36
DutchsMommy
I did the Pirate Name thing
'The Angry Cuban' made me snort

Hello - stupid question alerts Can you take the 417 back from WDW to MCO by basically reversing your directions?

Now, as you are laughing and rolling your eyes I will say in my defense that I have been in some situations where a route works one way but going back the other is not possible without some serious workaround....

TIA
Old 09-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #37
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchsMommy View Post
Hello - stupid question alerts Can you take the 417 back from WDW to MCO by basically reversing your directions?

Now, as you are laughing and rolling your eyes I will say in my defense that I have been in some situations where a route works one way but going back the other is not possible without some serious workaround....

TIA
Yep you can take 417 back to MCO. But I highly advise not driving in reverse back to MCO ..

Sorry I could not resist.

I know what you mean by having to do workaround to get back on a highway.

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:30 PM   #38
asmit4
DIS Veteran

we had planned on using our garmin to get from MCO to Bonnet Creek. Since we can't do that if we want to take the toll 417....how do we do get directions? Are there signs for 417 at the airport? Will we be fine just following signs to the 417? I want to avoid I-4.
November 2013- Wyndham Bonnet Creek/AS Sports
November 2014-Wyndham Bonnet Creek
asmit4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #39
grassmower
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmit4 View Post
we had planned on using our garmin to get from MCO to Bonnet Creek. Since we can't do that if we want to take the toll 417....how do we do get directions? Are there signs for 417 at the airport? Will we be fine just following signs to the 417? I want to avoid I-4.
Just look for signs for the south exit at the airport. You will run into 417 and just follow the signs from there.
grassmower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:03 PM   #40
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchsMommy View Post

TIA
Not a stupid question at all. And, the answer is yes, just reverse the directions. I understand about those "exit only" ramps.
Uxbridge, MASS?
Old 09-21-2013, 05:06 AM   #41
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmit4 View Post
I would get a paper map either from your local bookstore or one from the rental car counter. But if you follow the signs for the South airport exit you should be fine. Take a look at google maps and type in MCO you will have a better idea what route you will be traveling

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:48 AM   #42
GoldenOldie
DIS Veteran

There are signs to 417 all over the airport. You want to follow the ones for South Exit.

These directions will take you the rest of the way:

http://allears.net/pl/directions.php

Enter MCO and choose Caribbean Beach Resort. Bonnet Creek is next to CBR. You take the first left once you get on Buena Vista Drive.
GoldenOldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #43
buzzgirls&dad
DIS Veteran

Does the Super Target have Liquor? More than just beer and wine? if not is there a liquor store nearby? We usually shop at the Walmart by 535/6? but that place is such a zoo. I think it would be less chaotic just a little further away.
'12 Oct-BCV/MNSSHP--Wild Africa Jungle Trek
'13 Oct-BCV/MNSSHP-lunch with an Imagineer
'14 Mar-Aulani'14Oct-BCV/MNSSHP/F&W

"If you can dream it, you can do it." Walt Disney
buzzgirls&dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:06 PM   #44
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzgirls&dad View Post
Does the Super Target have Liquor? More than just beer and wine? if not is there a liquor store nearby? We usually shop at the Walmart by 535/6? but that place is such a zoo. I think it would be less chaotic just a little further away.
Public on Vineland Rd....and the one on 192 out if Kissimmee both have a liquor store next door.... It's why we frequent Publix ...not sure if its the norm but those 2 do...

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: