Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2012, 07:48 AM   #16
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
Does that amount reflect the recent toll increase?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin Disney style View Post
Yes....I drove 417 from MCO yesterday.
I think the toll increase was scheduled for 7/1/12 so the price may be higher when you take it.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #17
Renigadecrew
Earning My Ears

Route

If ur exiting from terminal b then take south exit to the 417 to exit 6 to 538 then take exit for bonet creek pkwy then on vista rd and lasy right on world drive

If ur exiting from terminal a then take north exit to the 527 down to I-4 then get off exit 68 for 535 then make a right on 535 then left on hotel plaza blvd, right on Burena Vista Drive, and left on vacation club way, right on bonet creek pkwy, Left on vista rd and right on world dr

Both involve 2 1.00 tolls but I'd recommend bringing extra money just incase.
Renigadecrew is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #18
ParrotBill
A parrot's life for me
Stalked by a little Einstein

I-4 is a mess almost every day. Between Lake Buena Vista and Orlando, it runs slow from late morning through the evening on most days now.

In fact, I am now a fan of taking 417 all the way around Orlando instead of I-4 when driving. 2 weeks ago I drove in on I-4 to heavy traffic, then stop and go all through Orlando from 2-3pm. It added nearly a half hour to our trip.

When I went home, I took 417 all the way around. It added only 10 minutes more than the time predicted for I-4, and was a pleasant easy drive. Get a Sunpass and you can even bypass all the toll plazas (note some tolls are marked "epass" but Sunpass is the same.)

35+ WDW, 2 DL, 1 DLP visits

ParrotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #19
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joncorr3 View Post
417 all the way!!!

BTY most GPS services send you 4 and 528.

But 417 is just awesome!!!
This is an Important point!!!! Do not listen to your GPS when you get on 417. It will try to get you to get back onto I-4 at every single exit. Just stay on 417, turn off your GPS for about 15 minutes, then turn it back on and it will finally relent and agree to give you directions to WDW using 417.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:40 PM   #20
Disneyfanatic108
DIS Veteran

I also vote for 417 when we want to go straight to the resort. Since we have a car, we will sometimes go to the Disney outlet stores. We then exit North and take McCoy road to get to the outlet malls.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #21
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

I always take 417, but I get off at exit 6 to go to the Swan. Exit 3 used to have an unmanned toll booth (don't know if that's still the case), and twice I got caught there with no change!
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:11 PM   #22
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
I always take 417, but I get off at exit 6 to go to the Swan. Exit 3 used to have an unmanned toll booth (don't know if that's still the case), and twice I got caught there with no change!
Curious to know what happens if you pull up to a toll booth that requires exact change and you don't have it? We drove home from WDW this past Sat/Sun (21 hours) and we came through one but luckily I had coins. We then had the conversation about what would we have done if we had no coins. We live in Canada and we have VERY few toll roads...the one we do have is totally electronic.

dancin Disney style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #23
Donna M
DIS Veteran

Watch the toll signs carefully; you need to keep to the extreme right, almost like an exit.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #24
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Curious to know what happens if you pull up to a toll booth that requires exact change and you don't have it? We drove home from WDW this past Sat/Sun (21 hours) and we came through one but luckily I had coins. We then had the conversation about what would we have done if we had no coins. We live in Canada and we have VERY few toll roads...the one we do have is totally electronic.
The first time it happened, the toll was 25 cents. I thought, Oh great - I'm going to get a $100 ticket for not having a quarter! I did nothing, and nothing happened. I was in a rental car. too. Now most rental cars have a transponder in the car that will cover the tolls, and the driver will get charged by the rental company. If it's your own car - I don't know what happens if you don't pay. In the Chicago area, you have a week or so to pay if you go through without paying.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #25
TwoAtDisney
Julie

Does anyone know if the two 417 toll booths between MCO & exit 6 are still manned & cash can be used?

I've read that some "manned/cash ok" toll booths have recently been switched to unmanned & not taking cash - electronic only.

Since we only use a toll road from MCO & back (both times=417), I don't want to buy the rental company's epass, unless, of course, it's necessary to prevent a fine.
TwoAtDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:59 PM   #26
mmouse50
DIS Veteran

Are there any grocery stores off of 417? If so, what exit?
mmouse50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #27
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

417 is the best route!!

If you need to stop at a grocery store there is a Super Target at the Orange Blossom Trail exit (exit #11) on 417 you can see the Target from the highway it only 1/8 of a mile from the highway and it's very easy to getting into and out of. It is also only 6 miles from WDW. This is the store we always stop at.

If you look up the location on Targets web site it is list as the one at Hunters Creek.

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #28
mikek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
used to be the honor system- at one point i seem recall there were even envelopes in a dispense. You could take one and you were supposed to mail the toll when you got home.

I think now a days they may see it as a way to make money and send you a bill. But not for the change that it should have cost- they toss in a "handling fee" or something like that. I think in New Jersey it's like $25 or $35 for the handling fee.

Not really sure if they can do much to you in Canada if you dont pay the bill (if they can even look up your plate to mail it to you). In the states they will do something to the registered owner of the vehicle- ticket them, revoke their vehicle registration privileges, etc.
mikek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:32 AM   #29
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
Quote:
Not sure what happens if you don't have exact change. I just make sure I always do. I have a couple of those little mini M&M plastic containers that someone on the DIS suggested getting several years ago to hold pennies and quarters for the pressed penny machines. We don't do the pressed penny machines anymore, but now make sure I carry one of those mini M&M containers full of quarters every trip. I just keep it in the glove box with the GPS. That way I always have plenty of quarters.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #30
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Not sure what happens if you don't have exact change. I just make sure I always do. I have a couple of those little mini M&M plastic containers that someone on the DIS suggested getting several years ago to hold pennies and quarters for the pressed penny machines. We don't do the pressed penny machines anymore, but now make sure I carry one of those mini M&M containers full of quarters every trip. I just keep it in the glove box with the GPS. That way I always have plenty of quarters.
Me too Aubriee. My M&M container is an item on my packing list that I use every trip.

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: