Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2012, 08:30 AM   #1
espana94
DIS Veteran

Hello UK DISers, I could use some advice...

Hi everyone, I am hoping that some of you can give me some help with a small problem...While I know that Ireland is not part of the UK, I am hoping that some of you have more knowledge of Cork, Ireland than I do and can help me out...

DD21 is currently in Cork. She starts a 4 week program at the University tomorrow. En route to Ireland, she stopped in London for a couple days and her camera was stolen. She needs to get a new camera to use while she is in Ireland...I have a couple questions for those of you who live a lot closer to Cork than I do:

1. Any recommendations for the best place to buy a camera in Cork? Obviously, I want to find the place with the best prices.

2. Will she be able to charge the camera she purchases in Cork once she returns to the US?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. DD is on a tight budget. I lost my job after she was accepted into the program, so she does not have as much spending money as we thought she would when we first budgeted for the trip. This is clearly one of those budget-busting, unexpected expenses!

TIA, Espana

P.S. Other than the camera incident, she absolutely loved London. She even caught a glimpse of the Queen leaving Buckingham Palace when she was there on Friday.
espana94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:00 AM   #2
irisheyes123
DIS Veteran

Sorry about your daughter's camera being stolen

A good place to look might be http://www.argos.ie/static/Browse/ID...y|14419436.htm

They are having a good sale at the moment and you can look at the reviews on them also ... Plus you can check online if they have them in-store they have 3 stores in Cork so she will just have to find out what is near to her.

Other stores would be currys http://www.currys.ie/department/Photography/9

If I think of anymore I will get back to you

irisheyes123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #3
irisheyes123
DIS Veteran

Sorry on the charging I buy my camera's from america and just buy a travel plug never had any problems so should work the same by buying a travel plug here is one from argos http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/p...RAVEL+PLUG.htm

Should be able to get one cheaper but its not bad price as its a triple pack

irisheyes123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: