Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
hbisioulis
Earning My Ears

July 11-13 Disney World Trip?

Hi everyone! I am going to Disney World between July 11-13 with two of my friends! I am 18, so is my one friend, and my other friend is 19. I am going with two guys and clearly, by my name, I am a girl! So we are on stand-by flight so we'd be leaving to go to the airport at 3 am. If everything goes as planned we'll be at Disney World at 9 am. We'll be staying at the Port Orleans Riverside. Now my question is, what should our gameplan be? I know for a fact that I will be very tired that day and won't be that energized to do many things. On the 13th, we'll have to leave at 2 PM, for our standby flight at 4 PM. My friend said he'll try to arrange for it differently, so we can leave later. So we want to try and visit all four parks, we are definitely getting a park hopper pass. Here is a rough list of things that we would like to get done during our time there:

-Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
-Splash Mountain
-Kiliminjaro Safari
-Twilight Tower of Terror
-Toy Story Midway Mania
-Soarin'
-Muppets 3D
-Meet Peter Pan
-Rock n' Roller Coaster
-Haunted Mansion
-Pirates of the Caribbean
-Meet Mickey Mouse
-We're flipping a coin for Wishes or Fantasmic! tomorrow
hbisioulis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
serene56
DIS Veteran

if you are using magic express they pick you up three hours before your flight time.. so if your stand by flight is at 4 they will pick you up by 1pm and you got to be standing at the bus 15 minutes before time.

will you be visiting a park that morning? Allow plenty of time to get back to the resort to catch the bus
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
hbisioulis
Earning My Ears

Oh wow we really don't have that much time at all! I was thinking about riding Soarin' that morning, since EPCOT has EMH at 8 am. I guess we could be done with that, then just go back to the hotel?
hbisioulis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:56 AM   #4
micksn
Mouseketeer

Looking at best park days and EMH's I would go to HS on your first day, watch the early Fantasmic and have an early night. Then I would do EMH at MK, leave and go to EPCOT on the monorail for the afternoon and use fastpass for soarin if possible, then go back to MK for Wishes at night. I would get to AK for rope drop on Friday morning and leave by 11.30 to get back to POR in time for Magic Express.
Feb 2005 - Santa Fe, Feb 2007 - Sequoia Lodge, Aug 2007 - New Port Bay, Aug 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Feb 2009 - Sequoia Lodge, Aug 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside, Feb 2010 - Hotel New York, Nov 2010 - Cheyenne, Oct 2011 - Santa Fe, Aug 2012 - Old Key West Oct 2012 - Hotel New York Feb 2013 - Cheyenne Aug 2013 - Sequoia Lodge, Aug 2014 - OKW

micksn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:16 AM   #5
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbisioulis View Post
Hi everyone! I am going to Disney World between July 11-13 with two of my friends! I am 18, so is my one friend, and my other friend is 19. I am going with two guys and clearly, by my name, I am a girl! So we are on stand-by flight so we'd be leaving to go to the airport at 3 am. If everything goes as planned we'll be at Disney World at 9 am. We'll be staying at the Port Orleans Riverside. Now my question is, what should our gameplan be? I know for a fact that I will be very tired that day and won't be that energized to do many things. On the 13th, we'll have to leave at 2 PM, for our standby flight at 4 PM. My friend said he'll try to arrange for it differently, so we can leave later. So we want to try and visit all four parks, we are definitely getting a park hopper pass. Here is a rough list of things that we would like to get done during our time there:

-Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
-Splash Mountain
-Kiliminjaro Safari
-Twilight Tower of Terror
-Toy Story Midway Mania
-Soarin'
-Muppets 3D
-Meet Peter Pan
-Rock n' Roller Coaster
-Haunted Mansion
-Pirates of the Caribbean
-Meet Mickey Mouse
-We're flipping a coin for Wishes or Fantasmic! tomorrow
I don't know where you are flying from, but if you are taking ME from the airport to WDW it is unlikely you will arrive at any park much before noon. We take a 7 AM flight, land around 10. The average transport time on ME, once you arrive at the bus area is 70 - 90 minutes. You will have to check in, drop your bags, get a bus to a park - noon is pushing it IMHO. As PP said, ME picks you up 3 hours before your flight home, and you need to be at the bus at least 15 mins before that.
I don't think there is anyway at all, that you can complete your list. In reality you have 1 full day and 2 half days - not much time at all
Maybe you should reprioritize your wishes, or plan on focusing on specific parks.
Good Luck
Old 07-01-2012, 08:20 AM   #6
torinsmom
I have someone coming to scoop
I don't know how a man could wear them

I am assuming you have hoppers since you have things at 4 parks listed, but only 3 days(or parts of days)?

I would go to DHS once you get settled on 7/11. Get a FP for TSM if you can. Ride RnRNC single rider and ride ToT standby. You can do a few other rides there or do repeat rides on those two until your TSM time comes up. Then do Fantasmic.

On 7/12, MK has morning EMH. You can get a lot done in that morning. Are you not riding Space Mountain? I don't see it on your list.

For MK, get a FP for Splash, meet ride BTMRR, ride POTC, ride Haunted Mansion, then ride Splash. I'm sure you can meet Peter Pan and Mickey at MK.
I'd hit AK in the evening, since you only have Kilimanjaro on your list for that park. Then go back to MK for Wishes.

On 7/13, you can figure out where you want to go. You didn't mention Epcot, and they have EMH that morning. If you didn't get to ride TSM on 7/11, you could head there to ride that and maybe RnRC or ToT again. I'd want to leave whatever park I was at by 12. You can leave your luggage at the front desk that morning. If you get back early for TME, you can always grab a little lunch, or you can have lunch at the airport.

And, hey, a little time at Disney is better than no time at Disney.
August 3-11, 2008--Pop Century Grand Gathering
July 6-13, 2009--Universal Studios
June 16-25 2010--Universal AND Disney for 10 days (Emerald Island)
August 10-20 2011--Universal and Disney(Indian Creek)
July 6-14 2012--Universal and Disney--doing YES again!
July 14-21 2013--Universal and Disney with family
torinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fun, july 2012, planning help, teenage, things to do

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: