DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #16
amystevekai&bump
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
We will be leaving for Hawaii in just 7 days for the NCL cruise and Aulani. We are staying a night in Honolulu (Hilton Hawaiian Village at Waikiki) before boarding the NCL Pride of America on September 8 for the 7-night cruise. After we disembark on September 15, we are checking into Aulani for 7 nights.

My wife (denlo) and I will definitely do a trip report covering both the NCL cruise and our stay at Aulani. We'll start doing daily updates as soon as we get internet access, which might not be until we check into Aulani on September 15. But it might be as early as September 7!

We will probably post our trip report on the DVCNews Forum. If you have any questions about Aulani or the NCL cruise, please let me know. We'll try to answer them for you.
Thanks ever so much for your post - I will be following your trip report with keen interest!! Have you booked any excursions on the cruise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise W View Post
We took the NCL Pride of America cruise in 2008 and had a great time. Because it is an American flagged ship it had a mostly American crew, so the service was a little different from cruises that use an all foreign crew. We had no problems at all and felt the ship was beautiful. Some people traveling with us felt the crew wasn't as good as others they had had, but that is personal opinion. We loved going to a different island each day and fell in love with Hawaii. Now we want to go back and experience Aulani as well.

Denise
Thats great to hear Denise - th more I research the Hawaiian islands, the more I want to be there!!

NEXT TRIPS: August 2014 - BLT, AKV (value) & HRH / August 2015 - Aulani and Disneyland

Between Oct 1979 & Dec 2013 - approx 27 trips (including Bay Lake Towers, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo & Kidani, Beach club villas, Grand Floridian Villas, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs, All Stars Sports, off site hotels (inc Royal Pacific, Portofino, Hard Rock hotel!!) and villas)

PLUS - Disney Cruises x 6, Disney's Vero Beach resort, DLP x 10 visits & Disneyland California x 1 visit - And our 1998 Disney Wedding at the Wedding Pavillion!!
amystevekai&bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #17
amystevekai&bump
DIS Veteran

OOh just read your pre-trip report Wdrl - I am very excited to hear you are doing the Kauai helicopter tour - I am petrified of copters, but am going to 'brave it' for the chance to see those awesome views!! Would love to hear all about it after your trip!!

NEXT TRIPS: August 2014 - BLT, AKV (value) & HRH / August 2015 - Aulani and Disneyland

Between Oct 1979 & Dec 2013 - approx 27 trips (including Bay Lake Towers, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo & Kidani, Beach club villas, Grand Floridian Villas, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs, All Stars Sports, off site hotels (inc Royal Pacific, Portofino, Hard Rock hotel!!) and villas)

PLUS - Disney Cruises x 6, Disney's Vero Beach resort, DLP x 10 visits & Disneyland California x 1 visit - And our 1998 Disney Wedding at the Wedding Pavillion!!
amystevekai&bump is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2012, 11:05 AM   #18
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amystevekai≎46015191
OOh just read your pre-trip report Wdrl - I am very excited to hear you are doing the Kauai helicopter tour - I am petrified of copters, but am going to 'brave it' for the chance to see those awesome views!! Would love to hear all about it after your trip!!
I'm impressed that you are willing to do the helicopter excursion even though you are petrified of helicopters!! We've done a helicopter excursion before in Hawaii and it was great -- one of the best excursions we have ever done. It was on the Big Island and we flew over the volcanoes and the east coast of the island. Copter excursions are expensive but we think they are well worth it.

We'll post lots of photos of our excursions and give reviews of each in our trip report. Thanks for following along!!
Old 09-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #19
Carrie in AZ
DIS Veteran

Well, here is my opinion and advice, I would stay at Aulani for as many nights as you can ---- it doesn't matter if they are before or after your cruise or both!!! We were there in July with our two DDs, ages 12 and 8, in a one bedroom, ocean view and we all LOVVVVVVED Aulani!!!!! We talk every single day about how we can get back to Aulani and hope to go again next summer.

I think you will love it!! You will be there after the expansion so Aulani shoukd be even better by the time you arrive next year. Sounds great!
July 2013 Aulani
June 2012 - GCH July 2012 - Aulani
June 2011 - CR/BCV
Thanksgiving 2010 - Disneyland
Nov 2009 - CR/Poly Oct 2009 - GCH Nov 2008 - BC
June 2008 - GCH Oct 2007 - DLH
Nov 2006 - POR June 2004 - DLH
Apr 2002 - POR Nov 1999 - Dixie Landings
Carrie in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:21 AM   #20
eva
Often uses her unique ability to shut down threads.

DIS Veteran

I am super interested in this thread. I can't wait to read the trip report. We are thinking of a week at Aulani and either a cruise or a few nights on another island. Hope we can get Aulani for May 7 months out.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #21
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

We booked a pre-stay to our week long visit to Maui last July. I booked exactly 7 months out. I booked online. It was for 3 nights starting on Tuesday and checking out on Friday. All the room types were available when I booked. I ended up booking an oceanview room. Not sure if I would book that room again because of the view. We were not facing the pool so, we did not have that expansive ocean view that most people get. It was a tiny slice of the ocean. The only thing I thought was a waste was the fact that we got a 1 bedroom and the kitchen was never used. We did like the space so, it might have been worth it for that. We go to Hawaii yearly and in order to afford it most meals have to be in the room. It nearly broke our wallet with all the dining we did. And, yes, we could have drove off site to eat but our time was so limited here that we didn't. We did drive to the North Shore and ate at a shrimp truck one day. We did the character breakfast and the dinner buffet. Then, we did the quick service for dinner one night (not very tasty the food was bland). Also, we ate at Roy's one night. The buffet meals were very expensive. They were good (reminded me of Disney Cruise food). I felt like we were on the cruise with the free kid's club and daily activity schedule.

P.S. We did have back up hotel reservations that were cancellable just in case our Aulani 7 month reservation did not work out. We booked our flights 11 months out because we were flying on points. So, if you need to book your air tickets sooner than 7 months out then, I would book a hotel room that you can cancel.
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #22
CocosMeme
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear reports of this trip. We are booked on the NCL cruise Oct.27-Nov. 3 and Aulani Nov 3-10. We are in process of selecting our excursions for each now. We have already booked a car rental for the Aulani stay. We can't decide when to do Pearl Harbor. Is Sunday or Monday a better choice? I know the trafic can be bad on the highway and wondered if Sunday would be better. DH is retired from the Air Force and this s a definate "must do" for us. I already have dinner reservations at Ama Ama and the buffet. Looking at Paradise Cove to book also. I am getting SUPER excited!!
Old 09-03-2012, 11:16 AM   #23
ErinC
DIS Veteran

I'm shopping way in advance right now for June 2014. It looks like all of you are going with NCL. I'm curious who you booked your cruise through and where you found your best deal? Of course I want to sandwich my cruise with some Aulani time too. That will all depend upon availability at the 7 month window. Thanks!
ErinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #24
cinderella97
DIS Veteran

We are possibly doing this in June 2013 as well. A few days at Aulani, cruise then a week in Kauai.
1999-Offsite, OKW-2001, offsite 2002-Marriott Grande Vista;POR-April 2003-Finally bought into DVC! Feb 2004-BCV; October 2004-Offsite Marriott Grande Vista; Feb 2005-OKW; June 2005 HHI; Feb 2006 - BCV;Christmas 2006 - Marriott Horizons;Easter - April 2007 - BCV; Cypress Pointe - New Years 2008; Easter 2008 - CSR/BCV, Easter 2009 - AKV Concierge/BCV, July 2009-Disney's Magic - 1st Cruise and a Family Reunion, [New Years 2009 SSR/BVC, April 2010-SSR/BCV/Easter 2011-AKV Concierge/BCV;Feb 2012 - BLT with parents;Easter 2012-SSR/BCV;Easter 2012-SSR/BCV;NYE2012 SSR/BCV; Easter 2013-BCV/SSR;June2013-Fantasy Cruise/BCV;June 2014-AKL/BCV
cinderella97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: