Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 11:13 PM   #676
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I posted in FB and I will repeat here. Your momma is in my prayers, I send you my love and strength and

RIP Genie

Last edited by KatMark; 02-13-2013 at 08:59 AM.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:34 PM   #677
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I posted in FB and I will repeat here. Your momma is in my prayers, I send you my live and strength and
It's appreciated more than you could possibly know, Ms. Kat.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 01:48 AM   #678
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about your Mum. You've done so well with your weight loss, you can probably afford to take it easy with that for a while to take of her. I'll be thinking of you and your family

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Aug/Sep 2014 DLR Half Marathon Weekend (DI&S & Portofino) PTR - 2015 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:01 AM   #679
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Camille,
Thinking about you and your mom. Truly bad news, but like you said you both are tough and sending you prayers and support to get through every day.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:11 AM   #680
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

God bless you. I will think of you often, and keep you, your mom, and your family in my prayers.
TarzansKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:30 AM   #681
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Oh my dear. Sending prayers for you and your mum in this hard time.
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:55 AM   #683
MEK
DIS Veteran

I know I posted this on FB, but I just want to say again how terribly sorry I am to hear that your mom's cancer has progressed. You will both be in my thoughts and prayers during the days ahead.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:59 AM   #684
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

to you and your Mom.

Jill in CO
Old 02-13-2013, 02:59 PM   #685
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibar138 View Post
Sorry to hear about your Mum. You've done so well with your weight loss, you can probably afford to take it easy with that for a while to take of her. I'll be thinking of you and your family
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Camille,
Thinking about you and your mom. Truly bad news, but like you said you both are tough and sending you prayers and support to get through every day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
God bless you. I will think of you often, and keep you, your mom, and your family in my prayers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Oh my dear. Sending prayers for you and your mum in this hard time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Praying for you and your mom. I'm so sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I know I posted this on FB, but I just want to say again how terribly sorry I am to hear that your mom's cancer has progressed. You will both be in my thoughts and prayers during the days ahead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
to you and your Mom.

Jill in CO
Thank you all so much.
I wish I had it in me to say much more than this, I'm just kinda whooped mentally. I never thought I would be hoping for one cancer over another for any one, let alone my mom. Again thank you.
My love to you all, you are the best Dis family a girl could ever have or hope for.

DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Old 02-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #686
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Howdy my Dis brothers and sisters ,

I just wanted you all to know I truly feel your prayers, I thought this week would have been harder to get through than it actually has. Thursday was draining, but good, I took my mom in for both biopsies, lung and bone. She did rather well considering how much crazy pain she's in, I don't know how she does it. She'll let out a yelp when ever she moves because of pain, but is quick to reassure everyone that she's okay and that it's juts apart of what she's going through.
The oncology Dr. wanted mom to come in for radiation after her biopsies, I'm not sure how the heck they thought she'd be able to do that. She didn't go in for the biopsies until about 11:30 and then had to stay at the hospital for observation until 5. I'm sure they were thinking on how fast they could start getting my mom out of pain by starting radiation right away.
Praise the Lord we got a bit of a break and didn't have to go in Friday since they won't start new radiation on a Friday, so we'll start it on Monday and every day for a while, of course depending on the biopsy results too. I guess if it comes back as the breast cancer that has spread she can live a long time on treatments, 15-20 yrs. or so long as she can take a dose of radiation and chemo once every three weeks. If it's the lung I'm not sure there is a lot they can do, but we'll just have to wait and see.

One thing I've learned from the last time I helped mom out with appts. is that I HAVE to take care of me and not neglect my family, last time I gave up all my exercising and pretty much taking care of me and some times the family/house, for four months. This time I managed to take food with me, and as bad as I felt for doing it, I left my mom at the hospital around 2:40 to make a mad dash to get something special for Mackie and I to celebrate Valentine's Day.

I think I did a pretty good job in the short time I had. I managed to get to Whole foods for our favorite bread, some veggies and super greens-for my protein shake in the morning, then to Costco for my chicken (I have to have for the week), some steaks for Mackie and I and some flowers to give to her. I also had just enough time to get to Everything Bundt Cakes and picked up a few of the bundtini's that Mackie loves, made it home to put the cold stuff in the fridge and picked Mackie up right on time! I didn't want Mackenzie to feel slighted in any way and since her daddy isn't in town I certainly didn't want her to feel like she was pushed to the side due to grandma's health issues, which I know she felt at times in the past. Although she would never admit it or say anything except to be understanding and sweet about it, bless her heart.

I have to pick Mackie up from school around 4, so my brother had to be the one to come and get my mom from the hospital, I'm just so grateful for the help this time, in the past I was doing it all by myself, for four months non-stop.
Since I had a day to myself yesterday I did a little shopping for the trip, I found the pink dress I gave the link to on sale at Macy's and in the size I project I'll be able to wear when I go on the trip, but I'm starting to second guess if I'll make it down another 15-20 lb. by then so I'm thinking of taking it back.
I don't plan to derail from my eating healthy, but I'm not sure how much exercising I'll consistantly be able to get in with my mom's health and my taking her everyday to appts. for a while.
I'm not waivering from thinking I'll go on the trip, as selfish as I feel about it, but I feel if I don't have the trip to look forward to I might crumble in just about every direction, weight, eating, good out look on things. I know it sounds stupid, but sometimes having something like this to hold on to helps pull me though, in some strange way. I know, I don't pretend to understand it either, I certainly don't expect you to. Although, if anyone is going to understand it, it would be my Dis brothers and sisters.

Sorry to babble away, I better get. Mackie is at practice since it's contest season for dance and I have to get lunch to her. Hope y'all had a great Valentine's Day and have a great weekend.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #687
MEK
DIS Veteran

I am glad that your mom did well with her biopsies and will be starting radiation next week. And I'm glad you took a little time for yourself, too.

I understand what you mean about holding onto the trip. You should definitely not let that go.

And - hey - if you can't exercise now like you want to, well you just can't do everything. No one can.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #688
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I am glad that your mom did well with her biopsies and will be starting radiation next week. And I'm glad you took a little time for yourself, too.

I understand what you mean about holding onto the trip. You should definitely not let that go.

And - hey - if you can't exercise now like you want to, well you just can't do everything. No one can.
Thank you Mary Ellen, it's good to know I'm not alone in my thinking when it comes to holding on to our trip.
I hear what you are saying about the exercise, it's just hard to let it go when I've come so far, I feel like I can almost see the finish line, so close to be so far away. Oh well, I'll get there eventually.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #689
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
Howdy my Dis brothers and sisters ,

I just wanted you all to know I truly feel your prayers, I thought this week would have been harder to get through than it actually has. Thursday was draining, but good, I took my mom in for both biopsies, lung and bone. She did rather well considering how much crazy pain she's in, I don't know how she does it. She'll let out a yelp when ever she moves because of pain, but is quick to reassure everyone that she's okay and that it's juts apart of what she's going through.
The oncology Dr. wanted mom to come in for radiation after her biopsies, I'm not sure how the heck they thought she'd be able to do that. She didn't go in for the biopsies until about 11:30 and then had to stay at the hospital for observation until 5. I'm sure they were thinking on how fast they could start getting my mom out of pain by starting radiation right away.
Praise the Lord we got a bit of a break and didn't have to go in Friday since they won't start new radiation on a Friday, so we'll start it on Monday and every day for a while, of course depending on the biopsy results too. I guess if it comes back as the breast cancer that has spread she can live a long time on treatments, 15-20 yrs. or so long as she can take a dose of radiation and chemo once every three weeks. If it's the lung I'm not sure there is a lot they can do, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Praying for good news and strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
One thing I've learned from the last time I helped mom out with appts. is that I HAVE to take care of me and not neglect my family, last time I gave up all my exercising and pretty much taking care of me and some times the family/house, for four months. This time I managed to take food with me, and as bad as I felt for doing it, I left my mom at the hospital around 2:40 to make a mad dash to get something special for Mackie and I to celebrate Valentine's Day.

I think I did a pretty good job in the short time I had. I managed to get to Whole foods for our favorite bread, some veggies and super greens-for my protein shake in the morning, then to Costco for my chicken (I have to have for the week), some steaks for Mackie and I and some flowers to give to her. I also had just enough time to get to Everything Bundt Cakes and picked up a few of the bundtini's that Mackie loves, made it home to put the cold stuff in the fridge and picked Mackie up right on time! I didn't want Mackenzie to feel slighted in any way and since her daddy isn't in town I certainly didn't want her to feel like she was pushed to the side due to grandma's health issues, which I know she felt at times in the past. Although she would never admit it or say anything except to be understanding and sweet about it, bless her heart.

I have to pick Mackie up from school around 4, so my brother had to be the one to come and get my mom from the hospital, I'm just so grateful for the help this time, in the past I was doing it all by myself, for four months non-stop.
Since I had a day to myself yesterday I did a little shopping for the trip, I found the pink dress I gave the link to on sale at Macy's and in the size I project I'll be able to wear when I go on the trip, but I'm starting to second guess if I'll make it down another 15-20 lb. by then so I'm thinking of taking it back.
I don't plan to derail from my eating healthy, but I'm not sure how much exercising I'll consistantly be able to get in with my mom's health and my taking her everyday to appts. for a while.
I'm not waivering from thinking I'll go on the trip, as selfish as I feel about it, but I feel if I don't have the trip to look forward to I might crumble in just about every direction, weight, eating, good out look on things. I know it sounds stupid, but sometimes having something like this to hold on to helps pull me though, in some strange way. I know, I don't pretend to understand it either, I certainly don't expect you to. Although, if anyone is going to understand it, it would be my Dis brothers and sisters.

Sorry to babble away, I better get. Mackie is at practice since it's contest season for dance and I have to get lunch to her. Hope y'all had a great Valentine's Day and have a great weekend.

You aren't babbling! It isn't selfish at all. You can't be there to take care of everyone else if you don't care care of yourself first. It really is that simple. Finding balance with it is very hard. I think this group absolutely understands needing to hang on to your trip. I don't know what I would do without the planning to get me through, I don't find it remotely strange. Fit in what you can but don't feel selfish about it. Keeping some kind of exercise regimen alive will really help you get yourself through everything, which then helps you get your mom and family through it too. Be flexible but it is ok to put yourself first sometimes and I think it's VERY healthy for kids to see you doing that, and valuing your own health.

I love that pink dress and you know what, that can be a motivator too
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:17 PM   #690
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I totally understand the need to have something to look forward to, in order to get through dark times. Sending lots more prayers for strength for you both.
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: