Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 09:54 PM   #301
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrate_Pryncess View Post
I'm in Camille! I have to get caught up after the kids go to bed, but Im in!!!
Rebecca!!

So glad you are here, girl!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
8 months. You are so right...it will fly once the holidays get here.
Thank you Ms. Kat!

I know!! I can't wait!!

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #302
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

As you can see by my ticker.....

I made my 60 lb. goal today!!!

The reason I'm so excited....well, besides the obvious, is that I didn't quite make my goal for last week. I was so dissappointed in myself for not making goal yesterday, but today I get up and was pleasantly surprised by not only making my goal (over by .75 of a lb.) but hitting my 60 lb. mark too!! Weight is a funny thing, it seems like just when I think I'm not getting anywhere, all of a sudden the body decides to finally get with the program.

DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!

Last edited by Millie12591; 09-10-2012 at 02:31 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #303
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Congrats!!!!!!!
:c heer2:
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:02 PM   #304
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Congrats!!!!!!!
:c heer2:
Thank you, Alysa!

I couldn't believe what I was seeing, I had to step off and step back on the scale a couple of times before I would believe it.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #305
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Congratulations Camille! That's a great achievement!

Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #306
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

great job! You are an inspiration for all of us.

Jill in CO
Old 09-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #308
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Hellooooo my good Dis'ers!!

I decided to do a something a bit different than my 'what day in what park' posts.

Today Dis pals, I thought I'd give a little post on how my dangerous, Disney mind works when it comes to planning.

I'm sure everyone has different methods on how they go about it and what all they do through out the year. At least I hope I'm not the only one who plans through out the year leading up to a trip!

Any whooo, incase I haven't bored you to death in previous posts I thought I'd try my hand with a post about how I plan.

Millie's method of planning....

I of course start out my planning by figuring out what excuse I can come up with to plan another trip. My hubby is an engineer, and going just for the sake of going usually doesn't fly with him. Well, that is unless it's "his," idea first. First trip was his idea, I never thought we'd go again. The next trip I blurted out we were going two years prior by saying we should celebrate Tyler's high school graduation there. He never put up a fuss. This trip, as you know is about celebrating a whole new me! He can't really argue with that either, especially since he knows how hard I've been working. Next one may be okay since it's celebrating Tyler graduating college (God willing), Ty wants his own trip. Might have to have dad along on that one, and leave the girlie behind, who knows. Okay, on with the planning!

Then of course comes what time of the year, how long and where.
For some I'm sure it's a no brainer where you want to stay and for others it's a goal of trying all the resorts over time. Me, I've only been twice so staying on property in two different places doesn't really count as having a favorite palce to stay, does it? Or dooooes it?

Upon our last trip, my planning was to stay at the POP just like we did before in 2007, but with two rooms this time. It was just a little too crowded with the four of us, the double beds and a blowup mattress.
Yup! That was the plan, that was until I started reading Ms. Kat's (KatMark) thread (at the time) on the Coronado Springs Resort. I admit, CSR was not on my radar....at all. SERIOUSLY. AT. ALL.

As you know....I live in Texas.

The southwestern theme has been played out to death as far as I was concerned (something the late 80's and early 90's brought us), I pretty much had my fill of this decor and thought I'd like something different, more like CBR or even better the POR resort!!
When I readed about all the different value's and moderates (for our first trip in 2007) the value won out cost wise, so I never thought to think outside the value realm after that. That was until I stumbled across Ms. Kat's thread, while planning for our 2010 trip!!
Have I lost you yet? I hope to heck I'm making sense, I'm getting halo's and blind spots because a light enduced migraine is coming on (this was yesterday). I'm only telling you incase I'm not getting my story out well or incase my spelling is seriously jacked!
The headache is usually minimal (use to be debilitating), as long as I stay in a fairly dark room. Thank the Lord. The spots makes for some interesting driving though. No, they really do. I'll let you figure out if I'm serious or not.

Annnny Whoooo! Once I found Ms. Kat's thread and I started looking at all the remodel pictures, and the grounds pictures, this resort really started growing on me. I have to admit though, as much as I liked the rooms soo much more than the previous one's, it was really the bed size (the only resort at the time with queen size beds), the remodel, and the lack of people crowding the buses that appealed to me more than the pictures of the resort at the time. Being that it's a conference resort I knew the chances of most everyone staying there would be limited to staying at the resort and not on the buses going to the parks.

Once I showed the resort pics to the kids to see what they thought, not to mention a 30% off code, we were sold on this resort! This choice actually saved us some money over not doing two rooms at the POP.
I admit I was a bit nervous not knowing if we'd really like it, little did I know that I would actually fall in love with it once we got there. This resort wound up being sooo much more than I expected, something familiar enough to feel like home, but different enough to still take my breath away, in the Disney style as only Disney knows how to do.

Next up is trading pins! Yes, I've moved on from beautiful resorts to boring trading pins.

Since my planning for our last trip I've bought trading pins for the kids to trade with. When I saw how much they spent out of their spending money on our first trip (just to get started), I decided I should try and make it as cheap as possible for them this go around, found some at the Disney store, here of all places.
This time, I finally took the plunge and bought some off of ebay. I waited out a seller that had sold to many people with a good selling history and bought a lot of 25 new pins, no doubles, with hidden Mickey's and all for under $13.00,including shipping! Not bad, right?!?

I lucked out this lot since Mackie didn't want to keep most of them, unlike last time. The five in the bottom of the picture are her picks and the rest are to trade with.

Onto a very serious topic.......bags and shoes. Shoes we've covered although I reserve the right to come back to them at any given time, it's in my girl contract in the fine print.

I admit I'm a creature of habit and the first trip proved I needed another dang habbit when it came to my bag of choice. I carried around a full backpack on our first trip. Not. My. Smartest. Move.
Before the next trip, I had carefully followed the Dis and found a thread about bags and discovered the baggallini. <insert angels singing>

I think I bought one in just about every pretty girl color there was (my mom wanted some too), gave one away thinking I'd be able to get another one only to find they stopped making it my fuschia and is now made in ugly bubblegum pink. But I still have my purple one, and my daughter has it in mermaid blue as she called it back when I got it for her.
I keep looking at bags, but none ever met up to my expectations of the baggallini, all those nooks and crannies, not to mention a place to put your water bottle, doesn't get any better than that. Note: this picture was taken back a few years ago <notice the phone>, I don't drink soda <didn't then either-actually> I was using it for a picture to post on the Dis bags thread, people were wanting an idea of all that it would hold...

I also don't eat m&m's incase you're wondering why that lime green tube is in my bag. I'll explain here in a sec...

Another one of my goofy planning ideas over the year is collecting pennies from before 1982 (they have more copper and less zinc so no streaking when pressed) and cleaning them up for Mackie to have for the penny presses. I then get a M&M tube in her favorite color, and a roll of quarters. I twist her arm to eat the M&M's, and tell her to give me the tube when she's done.
Now, I have a container to stack penny's and quarters in for her to carry in her own bag! The penny's and quarters are stacked in the order she needs them when ever she finds a penny press. I carry an extra tube with us, just incase she runs out.

Okay, there's some of my planning ideas I do over the course of the year leading up to our trip!

What are some of yours?

I didn't edit yet, so fair warning. I really wanted to get this out....I'll come back later and edit.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #309
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Congratulations Camille! That's a great achievement!

Thank you Mark. It's funny you say that, but as I said on FB, it's really taken me until the next fifty pounds to really feel like I'm accomplishing something. Not sure why I wouldn't think the first 50 was an accomplishment , but I guess I thought those pounds were a given, it's these next that are the one's that will really make the difference in what I see as being at a normal weight again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
great job! You are an inspiration for all of us.

Jill in CO
Thank you Jill, I really hope so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
Thank you, Cynthia. How is the therapy for your neck going?

Old 09-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #310
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
As you can see by my ticker.....

I made my 60 lb. goal today!!!

The reason I'm so excited....well, besides the obvious, is that I didn't quite make my goal for last week. I was so dissappointed in myself for not making goal yesterday, but today I get up and was pleasantly surprised by not only making my goal (over by .75 of a lb.) but hitting my 60 lb. mark too!! Weight is a funny thing, it seems like just when I think I'm not getting anywhere, all of a sudden the body decides to finally get with the program.
Oh my gosh!! Congratulations!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #311
MEK
DIS Veteran

Wow. Congratulations! That is quite an achievement. You should be very, very proud of yourself.

Your pins are adorable. I have to admit, I am so tired right now that I just skimmed your update, but I promise I will read it in detail tomorrow. I just had to stop in and say WOOOOOOOOOT and YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:14 PM   #312
chloe770
Isn't it just more fun to be surprised?
Without SpongeBob I would never get anything done

Hi Camille First off for making your weight goal. Now for a little tip on the pressed pennies. Do NOT put them in your carry on. Your bag will get searched...just saying Also, if you do put them in your checked bag, put the container in a baggy and tape it shut. The pressure from the plane will pop it open. This was just my experiences last Sept. I will be bringing the pennies again in Nov.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:23 PM   #313
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Congrats Girl -- I knew you could do it. I am so proud of you!!!!
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #314
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Sweetie, I already told you on FB, but I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO proud of you. You rock girlfriend! Keep it up.

I am so glad that you saw what we did in the Coronado back in 2000 when we first stayed there and that you now love it as much as we do.

Love the pins.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:09 PM   #315
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

My planning always starts while I am still at Disneyland. Literally. I am already planning a trip for June.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: