Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #286
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
I totally know what you mean! I love that my kids are so different yet still have the Texas sized hearts they have.

I'm sorry your night wasn't so good, hope today is much better for you.
Thank you! I am hoping to have a little DIS night tonight, and go back and read all the reports I'm not caught up on from the beginning. It's a little selfish of me, but I love coming in they've already been started because I can read a whole bunch of "updates" in a row!
TarzansKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:27 PM   #287
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

I feel so accomplished today!!

Happy Labor Day, everyone!!

I seem to be on the ball this week!!

Since I've been up I've cooked salmon on the grill, teriyaki style. Mmmm. I put salmon on the salads I eat through the week.
Cooked the hamburgers-lean and the hotdogs-uncured-the healthier kind I promise. Finally found some healthier tasty hotdogs, as I'm sure you can imagine it's not easy to find.

Later this evening hubby will get the tri-tips on the grill and we'll have all we'll need for the rest of the week!! And then some!!

Anyone hungry?!? Wish y'all lived closer.

Now I just need to get my workout in and I'll be all set!!

Incidentally, I've made my last two weeks goal of 1.25 pounds. I figured out with my trusty My Fitness app, I haven't been eating enough. I'm eating too few calories. Must pay better attention.

Just so we're clear, the app says I need to eat closer to 1200 calories. Really?!? Yeah if I were like 100 pounds and didn't move all day! Geesh!
I happen to know for my body weight and activity level I should be eating closer to 1600-1800 calories. I seem to lose easier the closer to the 1700-1800 calorie mark. Everyone's body's are so different, I love how we're all made the way we are, no two of us are the same!

I come to find out by entering in "my diary," (on the app) I'm eating closer to 1300 calories. I keep getting it into my head that I'm eating too much, which is really hard to turn around when you need to be eating more.
I've taken on the challenge and I'm starting to see the scale move.
Although, I think it won't be moving too quickly for a little while because I also realized I've not been getting enough protein to build muscle, just maintaining. So, I've given myself a pep talk so as not to freak out if I see the scale go up some over the next few weeks.

I'm so proud of myself for maintaining a hard stance about my goal. The other day my daughter wanted to go to my favorite Tex-Mex restaurant, I said yes at first and thought I'd just have a grilled chicken salad, but I realized how tempting the chips and margs. would be (major weight loss killers). In the end I disappointed my girlie, but maintained my position of not giving in. I've come so far and I don't want to see it all blown over something silly like chips and sugar/calorie laden drink.

Hope y'all have a great Labor Day AND week!

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #288
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Thank you! I am hoping to have a little DIS night tonight, and go back and read all the reports I'm not caught up on from the beginning. It's a little selfish of me, but I love coming in they've already been started because I can read a whole bunch of "updates" in a row!
I know exactly what you mean, I've been known to allow a few updates go by before catching up.

DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Old 09-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #289
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Happy Labor!!

I grill most days but today we are going to have chicken curry. I love curry.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #291
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Hey Howdy Hey.

DHS plans look great and yes on the eating too little- I have fallen into that trap too.

I really need to get to running but the weather is just not cooperating and I hate to be on a treadmill but I may have not choice soon.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #292
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

congrats on the continued path of weight loss, and glad see that you did end up getting the autograph book back.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #293
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
I know a lot of people don't like the hat, but I love the hat!
I don't love the hat.

Quote:
Mind you, this is my 7 year old's first time being in a theme park (that she remembers) and considering she's never ridden anything (that she remembers) worth mentioning. Any good parent should make this a memorable first ride, riiiiiight? Well, that's exactly what we did......
ToT?? I'm pretty sure there's a constitutional amendment against doing this to your poor kid.

Quote:
This went so well she now affectionately likes to call it, the Tower of Torture. And won't ride it. Ever. Again.
Your daughter is a smart kid.

Quote:
She stepped down from her box immediately and said she was so sorry we lost it and hoped that we found it soon (totally breaking character for a seond or two), and to be sure to bring it by so she could see it when we did. So sweet. We actually did find her on our second time in DHS that trip and she remembered us. Part of why I love Disney so much.
Awww...

Quote:
We do have an ADR planned for lunch at 50's Prime Time.
Mackie and I have not been here before so Maroo is very excited for us to try it.
50's PT is awesome! I'd go with the fried chicken; it's really good.
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:35 AM   #294
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Happy Labor!!

I grill most days but today we are going to have chicken curry. I love curry.
I wish I could do curry, I've tried to like it but I just can't get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Congratulations on hitting your goal! 1200 isn't impossible...if you are burning 3-400 lol! Then you can really eat 1500-1600.

Great job on finding healthy choices, it can be hard. Holidays and houseguests (and vacations) are a killer to be sure.
Thank you!! Healthy choices are not hard if you put a little thought into it before hand, which I try and stay ahead on. Yes holidays can be tough, it's why thinking ahead is essential for me, I have to have on hand something to go to quickly, that way I won't make bad choices.
Hubby and Mackie had the tri-tip and baked potatoes and spinach salad, Mama had a salad with salmon. Choices had to be made and work couldn't be blown if I wanted to stay on task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Hey Howdy Hey.

DHS plans look great and yes on the eating too little- I have fallen into that trap too.

I really need to get to running but the weather is just not cooperating and I hate to be on a treadmill but I may have not choice soon.
Hey, girl!

The eating too little is something I have to watch out for, even before I started this journey. Before I started eating healthy I wouldn't eat my first meal of the day until pretty much dinner time. Soooo bad for the body to do, it's also hard to break. It's why I started having protein/smoothies for breakfast, it wasn't really "eating," but still getting something in my stomach at the start of the day.
I'm sorry about the weather. I've never been a runner so I have no clue what it's like to run on a treadmill vs. the road. I hear for runners it's not the best option, but will do in a pinch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
congrats on the continued path of weight loss, and glad see that you did end up getting the autograph book back.
Thank you Dan! And yes! Thank goodness we did! Mackenzie would have been heartbroken if I hadn't. I tried to convince her to use that same one (for this next trip) since she didn't fill it up, having had it missing for a couple of days and then left in the room one day, there was plenty of room left. She said she really wanted me to make her a new one, she really enjoys it when I make her something, not sure how that one fits into her love language, I suppose gifts. Have you and Candi read that one? Love languages for Couples? There's one for parents too. Not that I think you need it. It's a really great book for anyone to read, it helps us understand our loved one's ways of needing love from us or others. We all have a love language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I don't love the hat.

Not everyone does.

ToT?? I'm pretty sure there's a constitutional amendment against doing this to your poor kid.

Your daughter is a smart kid.

I thought of you when I was posting this. I knew you'd be on her side.

50's PT is awesome! I'd go with the fried chicken; it's really good.
Good to know!! I still have to be careful about what I'm eating, I've been looking over my next few days and I think I'll be okay for a few days in a row since I'll have some healthier choices. These first few days I'm being pretty bad. Balance, it's all about balance. Hope I keep track of it while I'm on the trip.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #295
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I found a curry sauce that I really like at World Market. I wan't a real fan of it until I tried theirs. I love World Market.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #296
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I found a curry sauce that I really like at World Market. I wan't a real fan of it until I tried theirs. I love World Market.
World Market, hmmmm. I'm thinking I might have to try it, hubby loves curry. Thank you!

Old 09-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #297
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Sweetie, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry. Somehow I lost my subscription to your PTR and without a "notice" that there is an update, I am totally lost (especially with all that is going on right now). Please forgive me.

I looked over your plans and so far they are sounding great! I promise to keep up better...well, at leasat until my trip in 9 days.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #298
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Sweetie, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry. Somehow I lost my subscription to your PTR and without a "notice" that there is an update, I am totally lost (especially with all that is going on right now). Please forgive me.

I looked over your plans and so far they are sounding great! I promise to keep up better...well, at leasat until my trip in 9 days.
Oh my goodness, Ms. Kat......with all that has been going on in your life of late, you get a total "life pass."

I know my friends will get here when they can, and if they can't I know they still love me.

I'm more concerned about you taking care of you and you being okay, my PTR isn't going anywhere. It will still be here when you get back from your trip as a matter of fact, this sucker will still be going for another....

8 Months!!!

8 Month mark!!

Geesh! You'd think that's forever, but honestly it will feel like it's just around the corner, once we get through the holidays.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:16 PM   #299
Pyrate_Pryncess
If I'm a redheaded ninja, does that make me a Gin-ja? I would like to think so!

I'm in Camille! I have to get caught up after the kids go to bed, but Im in!!!

2008-First trip, ASMU2011-Christmas time in the parks, POP2012-A break for the kids, POP

Pyrate_Pryncess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #300
KatMark
DIS Veteran

8 months. You are so right...it will fly once the holidays get here.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: