Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #271
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I'm hanging as tough as I can. I am exhausted and therefor I am getting a cold. I don't do well with colds. I appreciate the prayers. It has been crazy. Hence my eating has been bad.

Oh sweetie. It's going to be okay, try not to stress about your eating right now, no need to add anything more to your plate (no pun intended) to worry about.
Just take care of you the best way you can as well as hubby, and try not to guilt yourself in the mean time.

When this is all done and over you can go back to figuring out a way to make healthier choices. It takes some effort and time put into eating healthier, trust me I know!
I'm sure my family get's tired of me bringing home a lot of the same things I keep on hand to make meal choices healthier (not to mention quicker), but it's what I have to do to take care of me while I'm taking care of them.
I've taken care of them for sooo many years without much regard to myself (not their fault-it's mine), I finally decided even if they don't like what I bring into the house I still had to do what it was going to take to take care of me. And if that meant not having much in the way of processed foods and pretty much healthy and organic items, (so I won't be tempted to eat the junk) then so be it. It was time to finally make an investment in me and be darned to the cost and the pissy looks I was going to get from everyone. (They've all actually been very supportive-no pissy looks )
For you, right now....you just need to do what it takes to get through this moment, the other stuff will come later. Promise.

And you are more than welcome for the prayers.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #272
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Day 4-Third Park day!!

Third Park Day!!

Hellooooo Dis'ers!!

Every day at Disney is special but this is an extra special day since our Maroo will be with us!
Upon planning, replanning and planning again we decided this was our day to go tooo....

I know a lot of people don't like the hat, but I love the hat!

Disney Hollywood Studios or known as MGM Studios to us upon our first trip (May 2007), has a lot of special memories for me. This may sound silly since so many people think it's a half day park, but I could be in this park all day and not feel like we did all of what we wanted to do, my family felt the same way. We all love the movies so much, and I especially love old Hollywoodland, we all felt we didn't get enough of it on our first day, and we were there almost the entire day!! We even closed the place down!! It was our first ever WDW park. Probably why I love it so much.

Isn't my son wonderful?

I remember the day so well, I had all my arsenal (TGM info.) ready and I knew exactly what we had to do to get in at least one good ride before we had to turn around and leave to go to the Grand Floridian for a late breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. Planning your ADR's only two months out didn't leave us with a lot of ADR's times to pick from.
It worked out really well though! We had the place and the characters all to ourselves by the time we sat and ate. It also gave us an idea of what to expect for food, the fact that it was a buffet we weren't expecting as wonderful a selection or near the quality.

Back to getting our ride on! Mind you, this is my 7 year old's first time being in a theme park (that she remembers) and considering she's never ridden anything (that she remembers) worth mentioning. Any good parent should make this a memorable first ride, riiiiiight? Well, that's exactly what we did......

Yes, folks....this is how my twisted mind works.
In all honesty....I really didn't give it much thought until we were approaching the ride, I told her some of what to expect, but I really should have thought this through a little better before making her ride ToT as her first ride.
This went so well she now affectionately likes to call it, the Tower of Torture. And won't ride it. Ever. Again. Oops!

Here's a picture of my baby clinging to her Mama, redneck style of course (we're front row left)....

You can see my hubby looking to see if she's okay. Poor baby. I'm looking down and holding on for dear life, I thank goodness for the handle bars. I have to admit, this ride scares the snot out of me!! My son thinks it's hilarious how worked up I get over this ride, but I still go on it, even if it's only once a trip.

Needless to say my poor daughter was afraid to go on every ride there after thinking we were going to scare the bejeesers out of her on every ride. Poor kiddo.

She really had a great time the next trip, here she is having a blast with a couple of the street performers (so hard to believe this was only three years later)...

She had a blast teasing the snot out of the director guy.

I'll add the one I've kept for blackmailing purposes...

Isn't that hilarious?!? I always forget her name, but I love her character!

Upon our first night in MK (on our last family trip) Mackenzie left her autograph book at CP where we were eating dinner. Which wouldn't be that big a deal if we had bought it there, but it was actually one that I made for her...

As we were entering DHS the next day I was on the phone calling the lost and found center and the same lady actress/CM was standing on a crate/box and yelling out funny things to everyone as they were coming in. My turn was next...."Dawwwwling, your on vacation! Hang up the phone and have a wonderful time!" I told her that we had lost my daughters autograph book and that I was on the phone tracking it down.
She then proceeds to tell me to just go and buy another one in one of the stores, I told her I would but this is one that I made for my daughter.
She stepped down from her box immediately and said she was so sorry we lost it and hoped that we found it soon (totally breaking character for a seond or two), and to be sure to bring it by so she could see it when we did. So sweet. We actually did find her on our second time in DHS that trip and she remembered us. Part of why I love Disney so much.

Okay, so now that I thoroughly bored you to tears over past DHS days, we're on to our day here at this park....

This will be a quick day for Maroo, I don't think she likes to be in this park much past half day, like for so many of you other Dis'ers .
I have never been on the Toy Story Mania ride so she is making sure we do that right away and then we'll pretty much wing it from there, RnR maybe ToT, can you do kid swap with an older child??

We do have an ADR planned for lunch at 50's Prime Time.
Mackie and I have not been here before so Maroo is very excited for us to try it.
Mackie is a serious meatloaf connoisseur (of all things-I'm tellin ya), since her grandmother knocked her sox of a few years back with her famous meatloaf, Mackie thinks she needs to try it where ever it's offered. Soooo, I know she'll be having that.
Maroo is determined to have the PB&J shake and I think the pot pie, and I'm still not sure if I'll try to eat healthy here (kinda hard to do), if so I'll probably go for the salmon without the sauce or just say to heck with it and go for the Fried Chicken. Mackie talked about getting the sampler platter, if she does that I'm sure I'll go with the fish and then taste everything off her plate so I can say I got to try everything.

After this Maroo said she would be more than likely heading out.
I'm pretty sure Mackie and I will stay and get in all that we can, probably take in some shows, ride some more rides that will more than likely be done away with before we return (don't know if you heard those rumors) and get in some things that I know we have yet to do. I've never done the animation drawings, or been in One Man's Dream (not that I remember), along with some other things we've missed last trip.

All in all it will be a long day for Mackie and I, but we'll manage to find some cool things to do, don't think this will be a Fantasmic night, but I think we'll have a good long day here.
More than likely, since we'll have had our ADR here we'll skip on over to DTD to eat at WGPE again, DHS isn't one of my favorite places to eat meals, at least not when there are soooo many other amazing choices around property. WPE is one of our favorites and it's such a great use of a CS.
If we aren't in the mood for WPE then we'll more than likely eat at EofS instead. Do a little shopping, and then we'll head back to the room for a fairly early evening since MK is our next day!!

This will be Maroo's first full day at MK!! I can't wait to see the new FL through her eyes since Mackie and I will have already seen it!!

DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!

Last edited by Millie12591; 09-02-2012 at 11:04 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #273
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
Oh sweetie. It's going to be okay, try not to stress about your eating right now, no need to add anything more to your plate (no pun intended) to worry about.
Just take care of you the best way you can as well as hubby, and try not to guilt yourself in the mean time.

When this is all done and over you can go back to figuring out a way to make healthier choices. It takes some effort and time put into eating healthier, trust me I know!
I'm sure my family get's tired of me bringing home a lot of the same things I keep on hand to make meal choices healthier (not to mention quicker), but it's what I have to do to take care of me while I'm taking care of them.
I've taken care of them for sooo many years without much regard to myself (not their fault-it's mine), I finally decided even if they don't like what I bring into the house I still had to do what it was going to take to take care of me. And if that meant not having much in the way of processed foods and pretty much healthy and organic items, (so I won't be tempted to eat the junk) then so be it. It was time to finally make an investment in me and be darned to the cost and the pissy looks I was going to get from everyone. (They've all actually been very supportive-no pissy looks )
For you, right now....you just need to do what it takes to get through this moment, the other stuff will come later. Promise.

And you are more than welcome for the prayers.

I am going to try and get back to my exercising too. I was walking three days a week and exercising three and relaxing on Sundays. I stopped because I am so tired from worrying. I made Scotty an appointment for tomorrow with his regular Dr and he is going to have her test him for Lyme Disease. Hopefully we will at least get part of this taken care of. Now if he could just get into see the Urologist.

Last night we ate a much better meal and tonight I plan for the same. I have gotten tired of my girls not wanting to eat anything that I cook I stopped providing two meals. They either eat the meal that is prepared or they find something else. Mean mom.

I have to know. Did you ever find DD's autograph book?
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #274
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

I love how you're giving your memories of the parks as you go along! TOT is not my favorite, either - but somehow I have to meet the challenge to ride it. What a nice memory from the streetmosphere CM! It's those moments that make it Disney!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #275
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We are not big on DHS, but I want to take more time with it this year. I seem to short change it all the time and Claire really hasn't had much experience with it yet.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #276
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Totally admitting that I have not read the whole pretrip report, but I did read your most recent post and thoroughly enjoy it.

I don't know whether to admire or fear the fact that you took your daughter on ToT as her first ride.

I love DHS. I can't believe you've never been on TSM! I think you'll just love it.
TarzansKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #277
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I am going to try and get back to my exercising too. I was walking three days a week and exercising three and relaxing on Sundays. I stopped because I am so tired from worrying.

Good for you!! I try and get in the very min. five workouts a week, three cardio, which I'm about to go do and three weight days, but sometimes that ends up being only two depending on the weekend.

I made Scotty an appointment for tomorrow with his regular Dr and he is going to have her test him for Lyme Disease. Hopefully we will at least get part of this taken care of. Now if he could just get into see the Urologist.

Hopefully y'all will get to the bottom of this, in the mean time keeping your hubby down I'm sure isn't easy. Anything depleting his potassium levels by way of being active would be bad, huh?

Last night we ate a much better meal and tonight I plan for the same. I have gotten tired of my girls not wanting to eat anything that I cook I stopped providing two meals. They either eat the meal that is prepared or they find something else. Mean mom.

You are not a mean mom at all, we have the same policy around here, if you don't like it then you can make a sandwich or eat what's there. We also have a policy of having to try something in front of you, even if you don't finish it you have to try it. The thinking is that every time they try it (or now Mackenzie) they will develope a taste for it, mainly just the veggies, and it's worked! She will actually ask for salads now.
If I remember right, I think your kiddos are all older so this probably won't work for you.

I have to know. Did you ever find DD's autograph book?
'

Oh, Yes! Sorry, I guess I should have mentioned that we did find it, someone turned it in and they shipped it allllllll the way over to the lost and found place where they keep everything, near TTC. It's not an easy number to get through on, that's why the CM saw me on the phone trying to get through.
Mackenzie's autograph book is gawdy as all get out, but she just loves it when I make them for her. She's VERY artsy crafty, and I'm not really.
So, when I make something for her she REALLY treasures it.

We already have the new theme picked out for this trip. This time it will be Rapunzel and Little Mermaid. Trying to figure out how to bring the two color schemes together to do the ribbon on the metal spiral like I did with the one you saw.
I put stickers of the different characters on the inside pages so the characters know where to sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
I love how you're giving your memories of the parks as you go along! TOT is not my favorite, either - but somehow I have to meet the challenge to ride it. What a nice memory from the streetmosphere CM! It's those moments that make it Disney!
I'm glad you are liking it, I was hoping people weren't thinking "Just get on with it, woman!" It's fun reliving the memories.
That CM was such a sweetheart, she really took a lot of time with us, she loved how much fun the kids were and how they loved interacting with them and being such good sports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
We are not big on DHS, but I want to take more time with it this year. I seem to short change it all the time and Claire really hasn't had much experience with it yet.
I wonder if you got The imagineers field guide to Disney's Hollywood Studios, if it would help? Liesa, All7ofUs bought the series (I can't remember if you were reading her TR) and said it really got her into the story behind the park and theming in each of them. She said you can really miss a lot when you don't know what's behind it all. She also said this is a park you really have to look up in, I guess we miss a lot when we don't look up, especially in this park. I think if you do those things you'll fall in love with it, maybe not like the other parks, but a love/appreciation you didn't have before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Totally admitting that I have not read the whole pretrip report, but I did read your most recent post and thoroughly enjoy it.

TarzansKat is here!!!
Thank you!! I appreciate the new reader. This is a slow PTR, but I like that so I don't feel it's a job to do it and that others's hopefully don't think it's a job to read it.

I don't know whether to admire or fear the fact that you took your daughter on ToT as her first ride.

I know, right?!? She's a pretty tough kid, so I took a chance. If she had said she didn't want to go on it after she saw it and I described it to her, then I wouldn't have made her go. But she was game, so we took a chance!
In my defense, she was also almost 8, don't know if that makes it worse or better?
She really is one of those kind of kids who's pretty rough and tumble, by the time she was 9 she had already had to have her skin super glued twice for injuries, once for hitting her ear against a pole that was cemented into the ground, (no I'm not kidding) she hit it so hard she split the entire back of her ear where it meets her head (long story), broken her foot, and flew off of a four wheeler Super man style cause she was going too fast and ended up throwing herself from it, and landing in a bunch of rocks. She had to get stitches in her hand over that one, she was a sight!! She came into the house with her clothes all torn in different places and dirt all over her except her face and head because she had on a helmet.

She's also not one phased by things like a lot of kids are. Once we were having a Lord of the Rings marathon here at my house with a bunch of the kids from the church and she snuck into the room (she had to be about 9) to watch probably one of the most gruesome scenes and didn't even flinch or have nightmares about it. I really am an over protective mom where it counts, but pretty much laid back in other areas where I know I can afford to be. As you know, you gotta know your kid and what they can handle, and then wing it if you're not sure in some areas to find out.

I love DHS. I can't believe you've never been on TSM! I think you'll just love it.
Me too! I can't wait!!

Last edited by Millie12591; 09-02-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #278
TarzansKat

WOW! Look at that welcome I got!

Dude, if only I felt so welcome in every aspect of my life, I would be on super happy gal! Why can't real life be more like the DIS, eh?

And you're not kidding about rough and tumble. The ear thing makes me a little squeamish, not gonna lie.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:53 PM   #279
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
WOW! Look at that welcome I got!

Dude, if only I felt so welcome in every aspect of my life, I would be on super happy gal! Why can't real life be more like the DIS, eh?

I know! Right?!? I've got bigger if bigger is what you need .....

TarzansKat

And you're not kidding about rough and tumble. The ear thing makes me a little squeamish, not gonna lie.
You and me both! I about passed out when she ran up to me holding her ear and then took her hand away, when I saw all the blood.... I'm all...."WHAT THE HECK DID YOU DO?!?!?" We were at a BBQ place and she wanted to go and get our drinks while I was paying for our food, next thing I know, she comes back holding her ear.
They had the typical maze you go through when in line at these types of places, the maze for the line was made of the big pipes that are same type of pipes that they built jungle gyms with, or at least use to when I was a kid. She wanted to swing on the horizontal pipe so she picked up her loooong legs and hit the vertical one in the corner with full body force, the one that I said was cemented into the ground. Yeaaaah, that was a banner day, but to look at it now, you'd never even know it happened. Go figure!

She cried about hitting the pipe but didn't make a peep about them cleaning or super gluing her ear back together. She also didn't cry when they pierced her ears at almost three years of age, and you never knew if she would cry when she got her shots as a baby or little kid, it was anyone's guess how she would react. It was so crazy, but when she would cry....it was as if you threw out her best toy.

So noooow you're getting a bigger picture as to why I took a chance on ToT.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #280
TarzansKat

You know, I had a rough night last night, and If I'd just come to look at this thread, I would have felt so much better. I am really feelin' the love here!

My kids are polar opposites in regard to injuries. My oldest, whom I lovingly call my emotional child (which I feel is okay, because I was one) will cry before you even stick the needle in him for a shot.

My youngest looks at you and watches the whole process, and then gets more frustrated that you're putting a bandaid on him afterwards than the fact that you actually stuck a needle in his skin.

Kids.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #281
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I'm with the love the hat crowd.

Aw, poor Mackie. We did the same thing with Eric (and Evan) but they were 4 &5. Eric was traumatized for that whole trip and didn't trust us but has gotten over it since then and ToT is one of his favorites!

PTC is yummy...you can always just eat part of it and take the rest "home", it is so yummy and a fun experience. I think you will enjoy it!
Old 09-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #282
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You know, I had a rough night last night, and If I'd just come to look at this thread, I would have felt so much better. I am really feelin' the love here!

That's so sweet of you to say. If you get a chance to read my first few links you'll see why I'm on the journey I am, everyone here has been so supportive. Besides I love to break out my sparkly purple stuff to make someone feel special. Just ask Capt. Oblivious. I think only you and he have gotten the glitter treatment.

My kids are polar opposites in regard to injuries. My oldest, whom I lovingly call my emotional child (which I feel is okay, because I was one) will cry before you even stick the needle in him for a shot.

Mine were the same way!! Poor kiddo, he would then laugh after the fact at how silly he had been leading up to it.

My youngest looks at you and watches the whole process, and then gets more frustrated that you're putting a bandaid on him afterwards than the fact that you actually stuck a needle in his skin.

Kids.
I totally know what you mean! I love that my kids are so different yet still have the Texas sized hearts they have.

I'm sorry your night wasn't so good, hope today is much better for you.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #283
MEK
DIS Veteran

There was a little girl sitting in front if us in June on tot and I know her parents didn't prep her, but she did great,

Love the pictures of your kids! They are great!

Your plans sound fun! I love 50's prime time. I usually get the salmon and its yummy!

Nice pics in this update.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #284
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I'm with the love the hat crowd.

I think it's so Disney.

Aw, poor Mackie. We did the same thing with Eric (and Evan) but they were 4 &5. Eric was traumatized for that whole trip and didn't trust us but has gotten over it since then and ToT is one of his favorites!

I'm hoping Mackie will eventually overcome her fear and decide to go on it this next trip. Maybe Maroo will have the magic touch and convince her it's a fun ride.

PTC is yummy...you can always just eat part of it and take the rest "home", it is so yummy and a fun experience. I think you will enjoy it!
I'm looking forward to trying it, if for nothing else but the fun banter that could happen.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #285
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
There was a little girl sitting in front if us in June on tot and I know her parents didn't prep her, but she did great,

Love the pictures of your kids! They are great!

Your plans sound fun! I love 50's prime time. I usually get the salmon and its yummy!

Nice pics in this update.
When I'm on ToT I usually scan the room for a quick count of kids, hoping there won't be....

Here's why...usually when we get to the last stop right before the doors open I can smell the outside even before we feel the heat. Because I can't help it, in my most high pitched squeeky voice I let out a..."We're heeeeere, ooooh CRAAAaaaaaaaaaaa

I've been on it when there are older people and I've often wondered how they are holding out, hoping their ticker holds up. Shoot, the last time I went I was concerned about mine!! My heart was beating so fast and I was so over weight and out of shape that I had a moment or two hoping I wouldn't bite it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: