Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 04:55 AM   #256
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
My furthest away reader!! Welcome and thank you for coming aboard!!
As far as I can tell 1kg is equal to 2.20pounds, so about a pound more than I want to lose a week. But that's okay, according to experts in the states, 2 pounds a week is not out of the question. Okay, I figured it out....the equation of 1.25 pounds to a kg, is 0.56699. If that helps you at all. And thank you for your sweet words of encouragement, so kind of you.
Oh yeah I forgot I hadn't introduced myself yet Was just eager to get on board with my encouragement! Over here lots of people aim for 1kg per week, so just over half a kilo is a great goal

Your (and your friend's) story (although terribly sad ) is inspirational, and I just had to offer my support and be here see you enjoying your reward

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR - Aug/Sep 2014 RunDisney 10k DLR (DI&S & Portofino) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Sep 2015 RunDisney Half DLR PTR - 2016 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #257
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Totally normal to plateau in weight loss...it can go on for quite a while, too. Just keep pushing through and eventually you will see result again.
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #258
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibar138 View Post
Oh yeah I forgot I hadn't introduced myself yet Was just eager to get on board with my encouragement! Over here lots of people aim for 1kg per week, so just over half a kilo is a great goal

Your (and your friend's) story (although terribly sad ) is inspirational, and I just had to offer my support and be here see you enjoying your reward
Well your support is totally welcomed, as are you. I can't wait to see what I look like for my trip!! Am I to call you Zanzibar, or do I get the honor of calling you by your first name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Totally normal to plateau in weight loss...it can go on for quite a while, too. Just keep pushing through and eventually you will see result again.
This is what everyone keeps telling me and you know it starting out. It's just frustrating, I do notice inches coming off during that time so there's at least that. Thank you for your support Mark, means a lot.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #259
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well your support is totally welcomed, as are you. I can't wait to see what I look like for my trip!! Am I to call you Zanzibar, or do I get the honor of calling you by your first name?
My name is Lana if you would prefer to use that

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR - Aug/Sep 2014 RunDisney 10k DLR (DI&S & Portofino) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Sep 2015 RunDisney Half DLR PTR - 2016 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:33 AM   #260
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Millie, I haven't checked for a while and I wanted to say hi!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #262
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibar138 View Post
My name is Lana if you would prefer to use that
Lana!! What a great name! I like addressing my readers by their first name. Thank you for sharing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Millie, I haven't checked for a while and I wanted to say hi!!
Michele!! I wondered where you've been! Good to see you again. You didn't miss a lot, it's a slow moving PTR. But that's how I wanted it, that way it won't feel like it's a job to write/read it. At least I hope that's how it's perceived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I thought I was way behind...thanks goodness I'm not.

I got your mail the other day...thanks so much!
Good, I hope you liked your well color cordinated envelope, stamp and address label. I'm such a dork that way.

And no Jennifer, you aren't behind. I'm a slow mover on this PTR. I didn't want it to be a last minute whirl-wind of a report. Planning all that goes into my trips it's usually up to the last couple of weeks, so a PTR being started out weeks before would not have been good for me. I like this to be timed out well. Not to mention, part of this is my weight loss journey, can't rush that....as much as I'd like to.

DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #263
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Hopefully by this weekend.....

I didn't want y'all to think I've forgotten about ya!

Hope to have an update by this weekend.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:55 PM   #264
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Lana!! What a great name! I like addressing my readers by their first name. Thank you for sharing it.

Michele!! I wondered where you've been! Good to see you again. You didn't miss a lot, it's a slow moving PTR. But that's how I wanted it, that way it won't feel like it's a job to write/read it. At least I hope that's how it's perceived.

Good, I hope you liked your well color cordinated envelope, stamp and address label. I'm such a dork that way.

And no Jennifer, you aren't behind. I'm a slow mover on this PTR. I didn't want it to be a last minute whirl-wind of a report. Planning all that goes into my trips it's usually up to the last couple of weeks, so a PTR being started out weeks before would not have been good for me. I like this to be timed out well. Not to mention, part of this is my weight loss journey, can't rush that....as much as I'd like to.

My trip report is almost stagnate. We have about two and a half months until the trip and I feel like I have done all that I can for right now. That and the recent stress. I considered cancelling the trip for awhile. I decided that we may need the happiness of a trip.

Quote:
I didn't want y'all to think I've forgotten about ya!

Hope to have an update by this weekend.

You mean real life gets in the way of Dissing? NO!!

Old 08-29-2012, 11:39 AM   #265
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My trip report is almost stagnate. We have about two and a half months until the trip and I feel like I have done all that I can for right now. That and the recent stress. I considered cancelling the trip for awhile. I decided that we may need the happiness of a trip.

Ooooh! I don't want you to cancel your trip. You have to go, you probably need to go.

You mean real life gets in the way of Dissing? NO!!

Thank you for reading along Michele.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:16 PM   #266
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Thank you for reading along Michele.

I'm always here. I may not comment but I am always here.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:19 AM   #267
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm always here. I may not comment but I am always here.
Commenting or not, I'm just glad you are around. How is your hubby doing?

Old 08-31-2012, 01:37 AM   #268
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Commenting or not, I'm just glad you are around. How is your hubby doing?

Oh don't ask! This has been a nightmare. He saw his Dr yesterday and had blood drawn. She calls him today and the first thing she says is "you aren't having chest pains or erratic heartbeats are you?" His potassium levels were high in the last two blood test and they were higher. He was told it could be dehydration, kidney problems, a possible heart attack.

She tells him no strenuous exercise(he was getting ready to go climb mountains on his bicycle), watch his potassium intake and keep hydrated. Go and get blood drawn on Saturday or Sunday. We went to Costco and he had no energy. About 4:30 he was having an erratic heartbeat and we decided to go to the ER. It isn't his heart thank God. But no one knows what it is. So Tuesday we go back to his regular Dr and we go from there.

I bet you're sorry you asked now, huh?
Old 09-01-2012, 02:40 AM   #269
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh don't ask! This has been a nightmare. He saw his Dr yesterday and had blood drawn. She calls him today and the first thing she says is "you aren't having chest pains or erratic heartbeats are you?" His potassium levels were high in the last two blood test and they were higher. He was told it could be dehydration, kidney problems, a possible heart attack.

She tells him no strenuous exercise(he was getting ready to go climb mountains on his bicycle), watch his potassium intake and keep hydrated. Go and get blood drawn on Saturday or Sunday. We went to Costco and he had no energy. About 4:30 he was having an erratic heartbeat and we decided to go to the ER. It isn't his heart thank God. But no one knows what it is. So Tuesday we go back to his regular Dr and we go from there.

I bet you're sorry you asked now, huh?
Oooh Michele, I'm not sorry I asked at all, and I'm so sorry! This must be maddening to not know what the heck is going on. I will certainly be praying for him and you! I can't imagine what it would be like to have to deal with the unknown and be told we don't know what to tell you. Hopefully his doctor will figure it out. In the mean time I'm lifting y'all up. Hang tough, girl.

Old 09-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #270
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Oooh Michele, I'm not sorry I asked at all, and I'm so sorry! This must be maddening to not know what the heck is going on. I will certainly be praying for him and you! I can't imagine what it would be like to have to deal with the unknown and be told we don't know what to tell you. Hopefully his doctor will figure it out. In the mean time I'm lifting y'all up. Hang tough, girl.

I'm hanging as tough as I can. I am exhausted and therefor I am getting a cold. I don't do well with colds. I appreciate the prayers. It has been crazy. Hence my eating has been bad.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: