Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #166
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm glad to hear the meeting went well and that the prayers helped.

LOVE LOVE LOVE your intros of Mary and Pat. You girls are going to have a blast.
Thank you Ms. Kat, you and me both!! I really felt the prayers from everyone, big time!!

I think we'll have a pretty good time. That is if Pat doesn't hurt me over her introduction.

How ya hanging in there?

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:08 PM   #167
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
Thank you Ms. Kat, you and me both!! I really felt the prayers from everyone, big time!!

I think we'll have a pretty good time. That is if Pat doesn't hurt me over her introduction.

How ya hanging in there?
Besides going a little overboard - I will not hurt you.... yet.

I feel good - I need to get back to running once this oppressive heat subsides and work off the rest of jiggly.

I know we will have a blast.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2012, 09:58 PM   #169
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Besides going a little overboard - I will not hurt you.... yet.

I feel good - I need to get back to running once this oppressive heat subsides and work off the rest of jiggly.

I know we will have a blast.
No overboard here, you deserve the kudos my friend. And you're right, we will have a great time, I just know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Great intros and I'm thrilled your meeting went so well. Lots of lovely ladies on this trip!
Thank you Cynthia, I'm beyond blessed with the friends in my life.

DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Old 07-24-2012, 12:58 PM   #170
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

great now i have that song in my head....thanks alot

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:12 PM   #171
MEK
DIS Veteran

Great introductions! I didn't know Pat's true calling was counseling. See, you really do learn something every day!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #172
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
great now i have that song in my head....thanks alot
Sorry, it's not like it's one of my favorite songs, actually I don't even listen to the radio unless it's talk radio when I'm in the car (how you know you're getting old). I just couldn't resist giving Pat her kudos and a hard time on top of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Great introductions! I didn't know Pat's true calling was counseling. See, you really do learn something every day!
Thank you!! I'm having a lot of fun reading your TR.
She really does have an amazing gift in counseling and understanding people, not to mention the fact she's a lot of fun, she helps you laugh things off too.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:45 PM   #173
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Let's Talk About Shoes Ba-by!!

Alllllright my sista's! And those brother's who are into it, you know who you are!

It's Shoe talkin time!!

I've already ordered several pairs (yes I know it's a lot-I'll explain in a bit) of shoes for Mackenzie and I over the last few months, of course as the sales came out. Thank you zappos and Cavenders.
I wish we could share shoes but she's actually a size and half bigger than I am.

I don't know what y'all like to wear in the "world," and yes this is "girl speak," it's my way of asking what it is that you like to wear. Yup, you men are actually gonna learn something about women on here.

I'm a Yellow Box flip-flop girl.
I started out wearing them because they have such great girlie styles and the best part is that they're comfy!!
I started out wearing them due to the fact that they gave a lot of cushioning when walking, being that I was a big girl I needed something that would help my knees and hips not hurt by the end of the day.
They have decent arch support (good for those with high arches) and lots of pretty styles to pick from.

Alrighty then! Enough talk, let's get down to business!!

Click on pic

click on pic
This is my Animal Kingdom shoe!! Aren't they gawdy, cute?!?

These are Mackenzie's picks....

click on pic

I've saddly come to find Yellow Box not as comfy as they once were. I ordered some beautiful flip flops at the start of the spring and when I got them I was disheartened to find they were rock hard and extremely uncomfortable! Come to find out all the newer styles are being made this way or are being made too narrow for me to wear, not to mention they jacked the prices up even beyond the pricey prices they already were!
Don't you just love it when a company get's someone in their boardroom who decides to take a good thing and tries to make it "better"?

So, when I found the one's that are apart of the older style (on the wider side and still had great cushion) and found them on sale, I ordered a few in each style we liked.
My thinking is it might be a while before we find another shoe we like or until YB pulls their heads out of their hiney's and realizes no one is ordering their shoes any more.
One of the biggest reasons women order YB is their comfort. I can wear them all day shopping and not have fatigue in my legs, feet or hips like I did with other shoes, even really good tennis shoes.

So let the shoe talk, "commence to start!!" (I've hidden several bits of movie quotes in my posts to see if Glenn has been paying attention)

Just so y'all know....I'm all for chit chat on here, there is no hi-jacking on my PTR. Feel free to make yourself at home and tawk amongst yourselves.

Last edited by Millie12591; 07-26-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:26 PM   #174
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

Somehow I have always been the one with the "couch " in her office. Figuratively of course - not trying to get a reputation here.

Having high School and College aged staff - there is always some sort of drama going on. Some growing pains, some just drama.

Sometimes it is easier for these guys to come talk to me rather than try to talk to their parents. If they can get it out, they can see a potential reaction.
For the serious things I always steer them back to mom and dad and remind them , they may be mad, upset, or dissappointed but they will not kill them.

Oh the things I have heard!!!! Some easy and some life changing. I treasure most of my staff as an extension of my family and I treat them like my children, wait sometimes I treat them a bit better since I don't have to pay to house and school them. I do feed and clothe them, how else will they do what I ask?

See my psych degree comes in handy!!! Between staff and the general public, every day is case study.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back

Last edited by Poolrat; 07-26-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #175
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Now on to shoes.

I used to be a tennis show girl with inserts.

This past trip I wore other shoes and my feet did not kill me.

I found a cushie brand with arch support so I bought a couple pairs. When I find something that works I usually stock up too.
Can't wait to go back
Old 07-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #176
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Somehow I have always been the one with the "couch " in her office. Figuratively of course - not trying to get a reputation here.
Uh huh, suuuuure!

Quote:
Now on to shoes.

I used to be a tennis show girl with inserts.

This past trip I wore other shoes and my feet did not kill me.

I found a cushie brand with arch support so I bought a couple pairs. When I find something that works I usually stock up too.
Okay girl, I dont think I've ever had to say this before....You're about to lose your girl card!
WHAT KINDA OF SHOES ARE THEY?!?

Old 07-26-2012, 09:37 PM   #177
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Uh huh, suuuuure!
That's my story and I am sticking to it. At Least that is what I always tell HR.

Quote:
Okay girl, I dont think I've ever had to say this before....You're about to lose your girl card!
WHAT KINDA OF SHOES ARE THEY?!?
Ummmm- They are Earth Origins.
Can't wait to go back
Old 07-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #178
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's my story and I am sticking to it. At Least that is what I always tell HR.

Ummmm- They are Earth Origins.
Okay, now were talkin!! I'm gonna have to check them out. You may keep your girl card after all.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:45 AM   #179
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Having high School and College aged staff - there is always some sort of drama going on. Some growing pains, some just drama.

A personal tumble monkey AND a counselor! A woman of many talents!

Millie - I love the flip flops. they are VERY cute and I am glad you were able to order the old style. SCORE!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #180
KatMark
DIS Veteran

It depends on our plans for the day at DW. If we are doing the same park from open to close, it is my Skechers gym shoes for me. If we are going to a park in the a.m. and then going back to the resort to rest/swim and then back out at night, I'll wear my comfy Nike flip flops in the a.m. and then my Skechers in the p.m. I'm not really one into the "look", but just the comfort.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: