Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #91
scdufek
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Kate View Post
Stopped by to keep myself from having an indulgent late afternoon snack of popcorn with a little butter. Had a substantial lunch so not necessary. Think I'm under control now. Whewww....close one :-)

That is so great!!!! I wish I had followed your lead and stopped by this thread before over indulging myself.
scdufek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:24 PM   #92
luvmikids
DIS Veteran

wow its great to hear everyones successes and near misses after 14 days on atkins, I am down 9 pounds. I wanted 10 but I will take the nine. I have moved on to Jorge cruise's belly fat cure fast track for another 14 days. Dieting is hard. It is a struggle for me every day. I want ice cream and cake! but then I remember my goal and have a palmful of walnuts instead. I like to hear what everyone is doing to kick the cravings and what other tips we can share.
today I did my body core class 45 minutes. Tomorrow is Zumba. I have a new scale from weight watchers that breaks down your body composition body fat, body water, bone mass and weight. Its pretty cool. my body fat in pounds registers at 40!!! Holy cow! when you look at the numbers it can be depressing but also motivating. So to my group DON'T GIVE UP! KEEP PUSHING FORWARD! Through the struggles, through the temptations, through the cravings, we are right there with you. We feel the same sadness when we cave, the same happiness when we all succeed. YOU are NOT alone. Don't give up! We got this! ((Hug))

luvmikids is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2012, 02:37 AM   #93
mrtoffee
Mouseketeer

Just back from a long weekend in London, now time to get some serious dieting and exercise started less than 4 four months till we head to Florida
Old 07-11-2012, 02:38 AM   #94
mrtoffee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Kate View Post
Stopped by to keep myself from having an indulgent late afternoon snack of popcorn with a little butter. Had a substantial lunch so not necessary. Think I'm under control now. Whewww....close one :-)
Well done, i really need to work on my will power I think exercise will be key to me succeeding
Old 07-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #95
disneymomof1
DIS Veteran

Well after two weeks I am officially down 16 pounds !!! Trying really hard to stick to the program, this week has been harder than the first week as far as cravings for sugar go, so to quench the craving I have been snacking on clementines (small sweet orange type fruit) that has helped. Around 9pm is when it hits me the worst.

disneymomof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #96
scdufek
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof1 View Post
Well after two weeks I am officially down 16 pounds !!! Trying really hard to stick to the program, this week has been harder than the first week as far as cravings for sugar go, so to quench the craving I have been snacking on clementines (small sweet orange type fruit) that has helped. Around 9pm is when it hits me the worst.

I know about the sugar! I am doing the low carb, and to get my sweet fix, I have been putting reddi whipcream on strawberries. Of course, there is always the temptation to turn the can upside down and just squirt the whipcream in! By the way, great job on your weightloss!

Last edited by scdufek; 07-11-2012 at 11:52 AM.
scdufek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #97
alice99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof1
That is incredible!! Congratulations on the weight loss!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
alice99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #98
luvmikids
DIS Veteran

congrats! 16 pounds!

luvmikids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #99
Mom of 2 Mouse Fans
Earning My Ears

Hi all! I am excited to see this thread as I just finalized our reservations for November! It will be our 15th wedding anniversary, and we always dreamed of taking our kids to Disney for our 10th. Babies did not arrive exactly as we planned and we adopted our kids in 2004 and 2006, so we did not make the 10th anniversary trip as originally planned! Now that the kids are a little older it's time to make that wish come true

DH and I have lost and gained weight several times over the years, and I'm ready to be done with the GAIN. I started doing "Couch to 5k" a month ago, and after 1 week broke my foot due to a clumsy accident. Ugh! In 5 more weeks I can start back on the plan again but need to get my calories under control as well. Hoping to lose 20-30 lbs at least by this fall.
Mom of 2 Mouse Fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #100
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

So after several days of creeping and trying catch up, I am finally joining in. We aren't making a trip to the world this year, but we are next December and dh and I have our 5 year wedding anniversary next June. Overall I want to lose 80 pounds and so far I have lost 20. I would like to be at my goal by christmas but would be totally satisfied with next spring.
Leleluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:15 AM   #101
mrtoffee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof1 View Post
That awesome well done you
Old 07-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #102
arielmomma
DIS Veteran

Congratulations to everyone for their weightloss and to everyone who's doing their best to change their lives! You are inspiring.

It's only been a week and a half and I'm already having terrible cravings for sugar. I'm not doing any special plan. Just good old cutting down on calories, eating right, and exercising. Total deprivation of anything never works for me, however, I'm obviously trying to lay off the junk. We are having a party this weekend and it will be full of bad stuff. I'm going to make Cheddar Soup from LeCelliers and the Bavarian Cheesecake from EPCOT. I've never made either before and told myself that I can have a reasonable amount of both. Wish me luck that reasonable to me on Saturday surrounded by tons of delicious food is actually reasonable and not an entire pan of cheesecake!

DH Me DS10ickeybar: DD7
arielmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #103
disprincessatheart
I was a Disney Bride 4.29.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by scdufek View Post
Alright, I measured and weighed myself today. I have lost 28inches in the last 13 weeks and almost 25lbs. I'm 19lbs away from goal for Oct. and 29lbs away from end goal. I did make a huge blunder today though. I have only been eating 30-50grams of carbs a day and have felt so good! Well today, I made the mistake of eating a bunch of tater tots and a some breaded chicken strips(o.k..several big pieces)..and I am....MISERABLE! I feel like my stomach is full of rocks, yuck! I guess I'll have to remember how gross I feel, the next time I start to over do it!
I know exactly what you mean! I'm not doing low carb at all, but now that I'm not eating fast food or really anything fried, I feel totally gross when I eat anything even a little greasy! We had a bag of potato chips left over in the pantry, so I had a few the other day (totally allowed on ww) and I had a stomach ache for the rest of the day. Now if I can just remember that the next time I think i'm craving junk!
Old 07-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #104
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

I don't think I'll have 30 pounds left to lose....but I plan on being a lot HEALTHIER and FIT when we go in October to Disney. I'm starting my 125th day or so of working out and drinking my vitamin/protein/mineral shake and I've lost a lot of fat and inches. It's already showing....and I have so much more energy so walking the parks should be a breeze No heart palpitations since I've been exercising either....which is GREAT. Last year I just about passed out from one that kept skipping when I was trying to walk through Magic Kingdom during MNSSHP.

I've got before and afters (first 90 days) on my FB page

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #105
disneymomof1
DIS Veteran

Jealous of everyone with a trip coming up, this will be the first year that we are not taking a trip to disney in 9 years. One year we even went twice !! But I start nursing school in the fall and I won't have the time off, but you better believe I will be there next Oct or Nov. (our favorite months to go) Still doing well with the Eat to Live program, cravings are starting to dissipate.

disneymomof1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: