Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 06:12 AM   #76
molitva
Mouseketeer
 
molitva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ATL
Posts: 339

Caught up on the thread, good job everyone!

I did pretty good over the holiday, all things considered.

Tomorrow is weigh in day (I "officially" weigh myself every 2 weeks, but in reality check my weight almost daily). I'm hoping to be 3lbs down since 2 weeks ago.

Continuing with my P90 video. It's almost time to move up to phase 3-4 of the program (at the 45 day mark) but I'm heading out of town this coming weekend/week so I might push it back to 2 weeks from now. We'll see. Being out of town, in Savannah, might kill me. I love all that food down there.

I'll check in tomorrow with the weigh in!
molitva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:41 AM   #77
KY*Figment
DIS Veteran
 
KY*Figment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 551

Avoiding the scale for a while. I 'm the self destructor! If I see weight again I turn to food, if I see weight loss I celebrate with food. I have lost 18 pounds in recent past and have gained and lost those. 30 more pounds would be fab! Losing that 30 would leave me 70 to go. Good luck & congrats to all!
__________________
DH AirGoofy (39)
Me (younger than DH)
DD (11)
DD (9)
Kobe

9/2000 All Star Music, 9/2005 All Star Sports, 9/2006 Pop,
9/2007 Pop, 10/2008 CB, 5/2009 SSR, 10/2009 Vero & OKW, 6/10 AKV, 10/10 VWL, 4/11 BWV, 10/11 BLT, 4/12 HHI, 10/12 BLT, & 10/13 OKW
KY*Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #78
disprincessatheart
I was a Disney Bride 4.29.08
 
disprincessatheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 3,131

I did my weigh in this morning and I am down an additional 2 lbs for a total of 8.5 lost in four weeks. I wanted to be at 10 by now, but considering the vacation week I will take it! At this rate with only 9 weeks to go I might not hit 30 lbs lost before our trip, but I'm still going to try!
__________________
disprincessatheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #79
scdufek
Mouseketeer
 
scdufek's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 458

Quote:
Originally Posted by disprincessatheart View Post
I did my weigh in this morning and I am down an additional 2 lbs for a total of 8.5 lost in four weeks. I wanted to be at 10 by now, but considering the vacation week I will take it! At this rate with only 9 weeks to go I might not hit 30 lbs lost before our trip, but I'm still going to try!

That is awesome!!! Stay positive, the scale is going down!!
scdufek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #80
chinchiller
Mouseketeer
 
chinchiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 183

Quote:
Originally Posted by KY*Figment
Avoiding the scale for a while. I 'm the self destructor! If I see weight again I turn to food, if I see weight loss I celebrate with food. I have lost 18 pounds in recent past and have gained and lost those. 30 more pounds would be fab! Losing that 30 would leave me 70 to go. Good luck & congrats to all!
Scales have the opposite effect for me. I see weight gain so I restrict calories even further. I see weight loss and I feel I must be doing something right so I restrict calories even further. It's a vicious cycle. I try to only weigh myself once or twice a month so I don't fall into the trap.
chinchiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #81
disneymomof1
DIS Veteran
 
disneymomof1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 632

So excited to see so many people joining in. Sounds like we are all on the road to becoming healthier. Technically I said I wasn't going to weigh myself except on Wednesdays, but I can't help myself, I weighed myself and I am down 15 pounds. Now all together I want to lose 100 pounds which sounds so unattainable, so I am breaking it down into 30 pound increments. We are going to Orange Beach Alabama in mid-August and I want to be down at least 20-25 pounds by then so I only need to lose 10 more pounds to meet that goal. I continue with the vegetarian diet, which surprisingly I am not that hungry. I have been adding in a piece of whole grain bread with peanut butter on it when I feel really hungry. Although I have to admit I am looking forward to going to Alabama to get my fried green tomatoes, they are not good anywhere but in the south !!!
__________________
Lisa , DH , DD (9)

disneymomof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:28 PM   #82
alice99
DIS Veteran
 
alice99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NYS
Posts: 923

Quote:
Originally Posted by disprincessatheart View Post
I did my weigh in this morning and I am down an additional 2 lbs for a total of 8.5 lost in four weeks. I wanted to be at 10 by now, but considering the vacation week I will take it! At this rate with only 9 weeks to go I might not hit 30 lbs lost before our trip, but I'm still going to try!
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof1 View Post
So excited to see so many people joining in. Sounds like we are all on the road to becoming healthier. Technically I said I wasn't going to weigh myself except on Wednesdays, but I can't help myself, I weighed myself and I am down 15 pounds. Now all together I want to lose 100 pounds which sounds so unattainable, so I am breaking it down into 30 pound increments. We are going to Orange Beach Alabama in mid-August and I want to be down at least 20-25 pounds by then so I only need to lose 10 more pounds to meet that goal. I continue with the vegetarian diet, which surprisingly I am not that hungry. I have been adding in a piece of whole grain bread with peanut butter on it when I feel really hungry. Although I have to admit I am looking forward to going to Alabama to get my fried green tomatoes, they are not good anywhere but in the south !!!
Sounds like everyone is doing a great job!

I am a late-comer so I will have my first weigh-in next week. Your numbers are motivating me to stay on track.
__________________

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
alice99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #83
KY*Figment
DIS Veteran
 
KY*Figment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 551

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof1 View Post
So excited to see so many people joining in. Sounds like we are all on the road to becoming healthier. Technically I said I wasn't going to weigh myself except on Wednesdays, but I can't help myself, I weighed myself and I am down 15 pounds. Now all together I want to lose 100 pounds which sounds so unattainable, so I am breaking it down into 30 pound increments. We are going to Orange Beach Alabama in mid-August and I want to be down at least 20-25 pounds by then so I only need to lose 10 more pounds to meet that goal. I continue with the vegetarian diet, which surprisingly I am not that hungry. I have been adding in a piece of whole grain bread with peanut butter on it when I feel really hungry. Although I have to admit I am looking forward to going to Alabama to get my fried green tomatoes, they are not good anywhere but in the south !!!

I have full access to green tomatoes and I make some great ones but I have avoided it. Love southern fried food.
__________________
DH AirGoofy (39)
Me (younger than DH)
DD (11)
DD (9)
Kobe

9/2000 All Star Music, 9/2005 All Star Sports, 9/2006 Pop,
9/2007 Pop, 10/2008 CB, 5/2009 SSR, 10/2009 Vero & OKW, 6/10 AKV, 10/10 VWL, 4/11 BWV, 10/11 BLT, 4/12 HHI, 10/12 BLT, & 10/13 OKW
KY*Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #84
KY*Figment
DIS Veteran
 
KY*Figment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 551

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinchiller View Post
Scales have the opposite effect for me. I see weight gain so I restrict calories even further. I see weight loss and I feel I must be doing something right so I restrict calories even further. It's a vicious cycle. I try to only weigh myself once or twice a month so I don't fall into the trap.


Restrict isn't a word I use probably.....ever.
__________________
DH AirGoofy (39)
Me (younger than DH)
DD (11)
DD (9)
Kobe

9/2000 All Star Music, 9/2005 All Star Sports, 9/2006 Pop,
9/2007 Pop, 10/2008 CB, 5/2009 SSR, 10/2009 Vero & OKW, 6/10 AKV, 10/10 VWL, 4/11 BWV, 10/11 BLT, 4/12 HHI, 10/12 BLT, & 10/13 OKW
KY*Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:05 AM   #85
molitva
Mouseketeer
 
molitva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ATL
Posts: 339

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinchiller View Post
Scales have the opposite effect for me. I see weight gain so I restrict calories even further. I see weight loss and I feel I must be doing something right so I restrict calories even further. It's a vicious cycle. I try to only weigh myself once or twice a month so I don't fall into the trap.
This is me, too!! I decided that this time around I'd have an "official" weigh in every 2 weeks and record that number. I hoped that would keep me from jumping on the scales every day. It has helped, but I still peek almost daily. I just don't worry too much if the scales go up any because I remind myself that every other Tuesday is the "true" weight

So today was week 6. I'm down 2lbs in 2 weeks. I was hoping for 2lbs every week but this is okay too. So far, down 10.6 lbs in 6 weeks. Still on pace to have lost 35lbs by Dec!

And! Today I fit into a pair of dress pants that I probably haven't worn since before Christmas.
molitva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:29 PM   #86
disneymomof1
DIS Veteran
 
disneymomof1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 632

Went to Applebees for lunch today, I ordered a small house salad with grilled shrimp. I forgot to tell them no cheese, croutons or bacon on it, but thankfully there wasn't much cheese or bacon and I took the croutons out. Had champagne vinagrette on the side and I did not eat all of it. So I think I should be alright without any weight gain. We shall see, I weigh in tomorrow officially.
__________________
Lisa , DH , DD (9)

disneymomof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #87
chinchiller
Mouseketeer
 
chinchiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 183

Quote:
Originally Posted by KY*Figment

Restrict isn't a word I use probably.....ever.
Restrict probably wasn't the best word.

When I don't stare at the scale, I'll eat what I want, but keep my portions in check, as opposed to deliberately eating foods that are low calorie.
chinchiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #88
Gator Kate

DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 652

Stopped by to keep myself from having an indulgent late afternoon snack of popcorn with a little butter. Had a substantial lunch so not necessary. Think I'm under control now. Whewww....close one :-)
__________________
Good day,
Kate
Gator Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #89
DVCisME
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 838

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Kate View Post
Stopped by to keep myself from having an indulgent late afternoon snack of popcorn with a little butter. Had a substantial lunch so not necessary. Think I'm under control now. Whewww....close one :-)

Good for you!!!!
DVCisME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #90
scdufek
Mouseketeer
 
scdufek's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 458

Alright, I measured and weighed myself today. I have lost 28inches in the last 13 weeks and almost 25lbs. I'm 19lbs away from goal for Oct. and 29lbs away from end goal. I did make a huge blunder today though. I have only been eating 30-50grams of carbs a day and have felt so good! Well today, I made the mistake of eating a bunch of tater tots and a some breaded chicken strips(o.k..several big pieces)..and I am....MISERABLE! I feel like my stomach is full of rocks, yuck! I guess I'll have to remember how gross I feel, the next time I start to over do it!

Last edited by scdufek; 07-10-2012 at 07:46 PM.
scdufek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: